Breaking News

854,103 Views | 10836 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by movielover
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

That's the point your smooth brain keeps missing: they are ALL clowns. Democrats are spineless, wishy-washy clowns, beholden to their corporate donors and thus incapable of enacting truly meaningful legislation.

Republicans are evil and moronic clowns, bent on the destruction of democracy and the establishment of Christian Theocracy, as well as being paid for by their corporate donors.

You got it backwards, Republicans are spineless and dumb for refusing to use their power while Democrats are evil and more than happy to break the rules. Bearister knows that it's the Democrats who are the ballers.

Isn't it all just a UniParty Globalist WEF Wall Street rigged game?

That's why they hated Trump - he was unwinding their America Last Globalist agenda.

Its all theater. It's all planned, just like J6. No extra security, took the National Guard hours to get there, Pelosi's daughter filming it all, while an ex Military possibly CIA plant urges J6 Attendees to enter the Capitol. Fences are removed, locked doors are opened, guards waive people inside, and exculpatory film is hidden from defense attorneys.

One blogger I read claims that Democrats use money to get power, Republicans want power to get $$$.
dajo9
movielover said:

bear2034 said:

AunBear89 said:

That's the point your smooth brain keeps missing: they are ALL clowns. Democrats are spineless, wishy-washy clowns, beholden to their corporate donors and thus incapable of enacting truly meaningful legislation.

Republicans are evil and moronic clowns, bent on the destruction of democracy and the establishment of Christian Theocracy, as well as being paid for by their corporate donors.

You got it backwards, Republicans are spineless and dumb for refusing to use their power while Democrats are evil and more than happy to break the rules. Bearister knows that it's the Democrats who are the ballers.

Isn't it all just a UniParty Globalist WEF Wall Street rigged game?

That's why they hated Trump - he was unwinding their America Last Globalist agenda.

Its all theater. It's all planned, just like J6. No extra security, took the National Guard hours to get there, Pelosi's daughter filming it all, while an ex Military possibly CIA plant urges J6 Attendees to enter the Capitol. Fences are removed, locked doors are opened, guards waive people inside, and exculpatory film is hidden from defense attorneys.

One blogger I read claims that Democrats use money to get power, Republicans want power to get $$$.

You're just the mark at the table. Not realizing you're just helping the establishment get richer.

IMF applauds Argentina's Milei and sends him another $800 million. There's your grand champion of the non-Globalists.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-06-13/imf-approves-800-million-for-argentina-as-milei-eyes-new-deal
American Vermin
dajo9
lol

that famous small government conservatism folded up pretty quickly once people actually started wanting to move to red areas of the country

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2024-06-18/housing-price-boom-blue-state-migration-spark-backlash-in-us-south?srnd=homepage-americas
American Vermin
movielover
dajo9 said:

lol

that famous small government conservatism folded up pretty quickly once people actually started wanting to move to red areas of the country

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2024-06-18/housing-price-boom-blue-state-migration-spark-backlash-in-us-south?srnd=homepage-americas

Americans are fleeing Progressive failed policies. These policies have turned many California cities into a Mad Max dystopia.

Yesterday I saw a picture of Kareem Abdul Jabbar on a LA freeway connector from the late 70s or early 80s. Not one piece of graffiti or trash, no homeless, modest traffic. Another world.

Today, the new iconic $600 Million Sixth Street Viaduct (bridge) immediately became a showcase for dangerous sideshows, and now thieves have pilfered all of the copper cabling, which means the bridge has no lights.

Three abandoned half-finished skyscrapers have become world-renowned graffiti magnets. Tourist meccas Olivera Street and Venice Beach are overrun with homeless. When a local Sheriff cleaned up the mess, local officials drove him out of office.

oski003
movielover said:

dajo9 said:

lol

Americans are fleeing Progressive failed policies. These policies have turned many California cities into a Mad Max dystopia.

Yesterday I saw a picture of Kareem Abdul Jabbar on a LA freeway connector from the late 70s or early 80s. Not one piece of graffiti or trash, no homeless, modest traffic. Another world.

Today, the new iconic $600 Million Sixth Street Viaduct (bridge) immediately became a showcase for dangerous sideshows, and now thieves have pilfered all of the copper cabling, which means the bridge has no lights.

Three abandoned half-finished skyscrapers have become world-renowned graffiti magnets. Tourist meccas Olivera Street and Venice Beach are overrun with homeless. When a local Sheriff cleaned up the mess, local officials drove him out of office.

Had a catalytic converter stolen out of my gated work lot over the weekend. Police still haven't found the time to come by.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

lol

It's almost as if a lot of the "problems with blue cities" are just problems that come with having a higher population density.
Cal88
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

lol

It's almost as if a lot of the "problems with blue cities" are just problems that come with having a higher population density.

Higher population density, like Tokyo, Shanghai or Moscow for that matter?
sycasey
Cal88 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

lol

Higher population density, like Tokyo, Shanghai or Moscow for that matter?
Obviously I am talking about this in an American political context. Other countries have different problems.
movielover
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

lol

San Francisco was a largely clean, graffiti-free city with roughly 675,000 people into modern times. (The Tenderloin a small blip.)

The mass graffiti, rampant store thefts, open drug use of highly dangerous drugs, Asian-hate crimes, street drug dealing, and Central and South American gangs are the result of radical Progressive policies. Along with defund/ harass the police, decriminalization of crime, make criminals victims, and let convicted criminals out early.

Apparently there was one moderate Latino politician who helped keep a balance, and when he retired the radical Scott Weiner filled the void (YT California Insider).

Same for Oakland, Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, Vancouver.
82gradDLSdad
movielover said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

lol

San Francisco was a largely clean, graffiti-free city with roughly 675,000 people into modern times. (The Tenderloin a small blip.)

The mass graffiti, rampant store thefts, open drug use of highly dangerous drugs, Asian-hate crimes, street drug dealing, and Central and South American gangs are the result of radical Progressive policies. Along with defund/ harass the police, decriminalization of crime, make criminals victims, and let convicted criminals out early.

Apparently there was one moderate Latino politician who helped keep a balance, and when he retired the radical Scott Weiner filled the void (YT California Insider).

Born and raised in SF and still go there three times per week. This is true. Heavily dense areas like Pacific Heights, Presidio Heights, Seacliff and a few others look unchanged from my youth. The other areas are noticeably worse. Hmmm.
sycasey
movielover said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

lol

I grew up in SF in the 80s. The city was grungier and had more crime back then. I don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, there have been rises in crime/homelessness/drug abuse during and post-pandemic. Not saying those things can't be addressed. But is it worse than the 80s? No.
82gradDLSdad
sycasey said:

movielover said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

lol

I grew up in SF in the 80s. The city was grungier and had more crime back then. I don't know what you're talking about.

Yes, there have been rises in crime/homelessness/drug abuse during and post-pandemic. Not saying those things can't be addressed. But is it worse than the 80s? No.

My neighborhood, the Richmond district, is worse than in the 80s. Many more closed, boarded up, graffiti laced businesses. The Walgreens at 17th and Geary, my street, was listed as the most robbed Walgreens in the country!!
Big C

Crime in New York City plummeted between 1975 and 2000*. I'm not sure the city became less dense. I think it's more about what a society is willing to accept and what lengths they are willing to go to, in order to make changes.

* Some are saying that I'm off with my timeline and it should be 1990-2010 or something. That may be! My point stands. A wealthy-ish society can reduce their crime rate, if there is the collective will. An example would be the car break-ins: Prioritize enforcement and prosecution.
sycasey
Big C said:

Crime in New York City plummeted between 1975 and 2000. I'm not sure the city became less dense. I think it's more about what a society is willing to accept and what lengths they are willing to go to, in order to make changes.
Crime plummeted everywhere in America during that time. There can indeed also be larger societal factors at work.
movielover
Big C said:

Crime in New York City plummeted between 1975 and 2000. I'm not sure the city became less dense. I think it's more about what a society is willing to accept and what lengths they are willing to go to, in order to make changes.

Actually, crime spiked, and then dropped in the 1990s. Much of it correlates with drug crimes.

NBC News: Crime dropped under stop-and-frisk, which is worth remembering in the rush to criticize it

New York went too far with the practice, but it helped reduce a *staggering crime rate* that damaged communities far more than the tactics used by police.

1960 - 4.7 homicide per 100,000
1991 - 31.0 homicides per 100K
2013 - 3.3 per 100,000 (or 335 in a city of more than 8 million)

Community policing, "stop and frisk", and New York "adopted a system of statistical analysis known as 'Compstat,' which targeted enforcement at hot spots of crime and imposed greater managerial accountability on police command staff...."

"...Aggressive patrol at statistical hot spots of crime is the single crime control policy that has generated the most consistent evidence of its efficacy. Indeed, a study by the liberal Brennan Center found that the introduction of Compstat tactics in major cities was the only law enforcement tactic that had a demonstrable relationship to subsequent reductions in crime."

- President Bill Clinton also dramatically increased the number of police in 8 or 10 large cities
- crack laws stiffened, and use reduced
- years ago I read a fascinating study which theorized that the removal of lead in paint contributed heavily to the large reduction in crime
- liberals credit abortion for some of the crime decrease

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/crime-dropped-under-stop-frisk-which-worth-remembering-rush-criticize-ncna1151121
bear2034
movielover said:

Big C said:

Actually, crime spiked, and then dropped in the 1990s. Much of it correlates with drug crimes.

We now have a fentanyl crisis that has spread nationwide due to drug trafficking across our southern border.
movielover
It's only killing 75,000 per year. How many become zombies?
dajo9
sycasey said:

Big C said:

Crime plummeted everywhere in America during that time. There can indeed also be larger societal factors at work.

Clinton's liberal tax the rich and expand access to health care policies
American Vermin
bearister

*tRump's mental degradation is running parallel with whatever the f@uck is going with his hair system, both front and back.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034

What is it called when the people doing the fact checking are controlled by the same people who are doing the lying?
bearister
What's it called when one political party claims every fact checking source is disreputable?

Make sure and watch the Hot 'Lanta debate. If Biden is senile, has dementia, is freezing like Mitch the Turtle, and is looking off in different directions like he is unaware of his surroundings, it will be hard to hide that up on the stage, and he will be removed as the presidential nominee of the Democratic Party.

tRump, we'll, tRump will be Rally tRump regardless of what the debate format is, because he only has one intellectual gear and it only powers stream of consciousness rants regarding an endless list of grievances and lies.
movielover
Lotta love.

movielover
AunBear89
bear2034 said:

What is it called when the people doing the fact checking are controlled by the same people who are doing the lying?

It is called "MAGA world", and you guys will believe anything your bubble tells you. Poso and Charlie have you guys figured out and they're fleecing every one of you.

"Got whole milk? Pasteurized milk is BAAAAAAAAAAD! Buy a t-shirt!"
AunBear89
Nice photo op. Too bad the smiling orange monkey has no policy or platform, just boat batteries, sharks, and a revenge tour.
bear2034
Get rekt commie.
AunBear89
Typical brain dead MAGAt reply.

I'm a commie, now? I thought all Libs were fascists? You clowns need to work on your messaging since you have nothing of substance to tout.
bear2034
You seem very on edge lately. It's too early to be in panic mode...is it?
AunBear89
Nah. You Righteous Righty Clowns have been in panic mode since Biden agreed to debate your orange ape.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bear2034
Oh, it's about the debate. What do you think Biden is going to say to the American people? That he preserved democracy and ended racism? Or is he going to admit that he lied about Hunter's laptop among other things?

AunBear89
There won't be a debate. Biden called Trump's bluff. Trump will fold rather than appear no different from confused sleepy Joe once the cameras are rolling and he doesn't control the narrative.

Or maybe Trump will debate, and then start talking about sharks and boat batteries.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
movielover said:

Lotta love.

I am assuming you know that there is an entire series of AI generated fakes of tRump with Black people. No?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68440150.amp

bear2034
AunBear89 said:

There won't be a debate. Biden called Trump's bluff. Trump will fold rather than appear no different from confused sleepy Joe once the cameras are rolling and he doesn't control the narrative.

The Democrats and their Deep State cronies sure didn't plan on Trump being available to debate.
AunBear89
More lies from a lying liar. No one ever assumed he would t be available. Just more wild ass theories from conservative simpletons.
bear2034
The whole point of lawfare was to put Trump behind bars. The Democrats are still trying.
First Page Last Page
Page 308 of 310

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.