Breaking News

977,431 Views | 11761 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by dajo9
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

Go paper ballots like Germany.
If you have to use voting machines, use the same system as in Venezuela, where electronic votes print out a ballot that the voters validate and submit, and these paper votes get counted and matched with the computer result, so you have a paper trail in parallel.

Also, Germany and nearly all other large industrialized democracies finish counting their votes the same day.
dajo9
movielover said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

He hadn't heard of grooming gangs. As I explained what they were, briefly, he was reading the paper.
Can't blame him

Proving you don't care about mass brown-on-white industrial scale child rape and torture. Figures.

I admit to having a laugh at you explaining grooming gangs to this LEO and him staring at the newspaper thinking you are extra levels of stupid.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
SBGold
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

He hadn't heard of grooming gangs. As I explained what they were, briefly, he was reading the paper.
Can't blame him

Proving you don't care about mass brown-on-white industrial scale child rape and torture. Figures.

I admit to having a laugh at you explaining grooming gangs to this LEO and him staring at the newspaper thinking you are extra levels of stupid.
It's actually entirely believable, it's great
movielover
Not really. Distracted like the rest of the world.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Not really. Distracted like the rest of the world.
"I'm right. Everyone else is wrong."
bear2034

Ilhan Omar survived her primary.
SBGold
bear2034 said:

easily.

The numb nutz X poster, that is how elections are typically reported
Big C

I can affirm everything that Minot and dajo said. My kids are 15 and 12 and would spend most of the day on their screens, if we let them. I bought the Haidt book, but haven't read it yet (but I saw him on Bill Maher).

Our kids are lucky: Their mom and I are both teachers and we understand the dangers. Most parents, by the time their kids are teenagers, are tired and are just glad to get a breather.

When I was a kid, I watched a lot of TV, played a lot of sports and screwed around a lot. Also hit the books enough to get into Cal. But the TV wasn't nearly as addictive as tablets and screens are now. Hell, to play with "technology" we used to get on the rotary telephone and make "phony phone calls".

At school, the kids are absolutely forbidden to use their phones in class, thank goodness. Outside of school, parents schedule their kids like crazy... at least they aren't on a screen.

It's a huge problem and I hardly even want to think about where it's headed. Even adults, they can't walk down the street anymore without ear buds, listening to a podcast or something. Then, surprise, they get mugged or hit by a car.
sycasey
SBGold said:

bear2034 said:

easily.

And as was noted, it's a Democratic primary. Why would anyone bother to rig this one?
SFCityBear
sycasey said:

SBGold said:

bear2034 said:

easily.

And as was noted, it's a Democratic primary. Why would anyone bother to rig this one?
I dunno. The Party's leadership (I guess) recently rigged the Presidential Primary, by pushing the sitting President out, even after he had won all the primaries held so far, and at the same time choosing the party's candidate for President, thereby negating the votes cast so far, and eliminating the rest of the primaries.

Omar's seat was small potatoes compared to the big prize, so no need to waste any money on that one.
bear2034
sycasey said:

SBGold said:

bear2034 said:

easily.

Because her black Democratic opponent was working with literal Nazis?
bear2034
bear2034
SBGold said:

bear2034 said:

easily.

Uh, no. It wasn't reported the same way for the other Minnesota districts.

sycasey
SFCityBear said:

sycasey said:

SBGold said:

bear2034 said:

easily.

I dunno. The Party's leadership (I guess) recently rigged the Presidential Primary, by pushing the sitting President out, even after he had won all the primaries held so far, and at the same time choosing the party's candidate for President, thereby negating the votes cast so far, and eliminating the rest of the primaries.

Omar's seat was small potatoes compared to the big prize, so no need to waste any money on that one.
Yes, so by this logic the Dems would have no need to fake a vote count in a primary, they can just force out the candidate they don't like. Faking votes would be pointless.
MinotStateBeav
Democrats Moving Homeless Illegal Immigrants out of Downtown Chicago for DNC

"As Democrats gear up for the Democrat National Convention that begins on August 19 in Chicago, there is much to do. And part of that to-do list includes a bit of housekeeping. Because Democrat presidential nominee Kamala Harris, a.k.a. the Border Czar, will certainly not talk about her epic failure at the southern border during the convention, the evidence of that failure has to be hidden. That means a big clean-up and makeover in downtown Chicago. That is exactly what city leaders are doing.

To put Chicago's best face on display for the entire nation, Mayor Brandon Johnson and other city officials have begun moving homeless illegal immigrants out of the downtown area. Newly arrived illegal immigrants are being moved out of the downtown shelter to one on Chicago's south side. City leaders claim the move has nothing to do with the upcoming convention. Right.

The cleanup started back in June when a large encampment was cleared out. Maura McCauley, managing deputy commissioner of the Chicago Department of Family and Support Services, revealed that the cleanup was "fast-tracked" leading up to the convention but claimed that the reason was that the city wanted to do it before any convention security would ask for its removal

The quiet part that city officials are not talking about is the fact that Chicago could be getting ready to see a big influx of new illegal immigrants to the city on the eve of the convention. Back in July, at the Republican National Convention, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott vowed to keep busing illegal immigrants north. The number floated of illegal immigrants that could be arriving in Chicago during convention week was 25,000, but it is not known if that is an accurate number.

As Chicago has found out, being a sanctuary city is not cheap. Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker's $53 billion state budget includes $182 million to help Chicago cover the costs of caring for illegal immigrants. However, since 2022, the city has spent $430 million to care for the roughly 46,000 illegals who have come to Chicago. Since November 2023, the Illinois Comtroller's office shows $126 million spent on asylum seekers. That does not include medical and rental assistance or other local government benefits."

https://redstate.com/beckynoble/2024/08/14/illegals-what-illegals-chicago-mayor-johnson-moving-illegal-immigrants-out-of-downtown-ahead-of-dnc-n2178105
SBGold
bear2034 said:

SBGold said:

bear2034 said:

easily.

Uh, no. It wasn't reported the same way for the other Minnesota districts.

that actually isn't really strange either
bear2034
SBGold said:

that's because you're weird, bro.
bear2034

If true, this can't be good.
SBGold
bear2034 said:

SBGold said:

Just because I'm not like your Q Anon basement couch dwelling pals does not make me weird.

Not weird, not weird, you're the weird one
MinotStateBeav
After Rogan filing a suit against MSNBC for deceptively editing a conversation he had, CNN decided they want to get in on the game too against Elon Musk and Trump interview.

bear2034
SBGold said:

bear2034 said:

SBGold said:

Just because I'm not like your Q Anon basement couch dwelling pals does not make me weird.

Did you marry your bro like Ilhan Omar?
SBGold
bear2034 said:

SBGold said:

bear2034 said:

SBGold said:

Did you marry your bro like Ilhan Omar?
More lies, typical Trumptard

https://www.businessinsider.com/unproven-allegations-ilhan-omar-married-her-brother-explained-2019-7

Can you make the OT Meet and Greet on 8/31?
MinotStateBeav
Had to get this in here because I'm stoked, the US mens soccer team is reportedly hiring Mauricio Pochettino (former Tottenham and Chelsea manager) as the next manager. What a 10 out of 10 hire they got woot.
Eastern Oregon Bear
MinotStateBeav said:

Had to get this in here because I'm stoked, the US mens soccer team is reportedly hiring Mauricio Pochettino (former Tottenham and Chelsea manager) as the next manager. What a 10 out of 10 hire they got woot.
Oh no! Those Bend liberals have gotten to you too!
bear2034
MinotStateBeav said:

Chelsea was playing better towards the end of season, I'm surprised that they sacked him. But I'm happy for Team USA. World Cup 2026!
Cal88
MinotStateBeav said:

The timing is good too, 2 years before the world cup at home.
movielover
More woman problems for USSS?

Cal88
movielover said:

More woman problems for USSS?

How did she manage to defecate in their pants!?
dajo9
I'm glad you all are coming around to the position that the secret service needs to be repealed and replaced. True patriots have felt that way since they illegally covered up their actions in the Jan 6 coup attempt.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
MinotStateBeav
Bernie says finally what we all knew back in 16 and 20.

bearister
I find it touching on a personal level that Right Wingers are such guardians of the standards of fairness within the Democratic Party.

They also often express a similar concern for the well being of minority communities.* Altruism is the new normal in today's Republican Party.

It is a crying shame that Democrats don't follow this example and express concern about the fact that a carnival barker, convicted felon, traitor, adjudicated sexual abuser and business fraud has the gnat sized nuts of every Republican politician of good faith and conscience in a mayonnaise jar in his trophy case at Mar a Lago.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034
Trump donated his salary all four years he was in the White House.

Michelle Obama had a personal staff of 25 people.
bearister
bear2034 said:

Trump donated his salary all four years he was in the White House.

Also known as a loss leader.

Trump made up to $160 million from foreign countries as president - CREW | Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/trump-made-up-to-160-million-from-foreign-countries-as-president/

Trump's Business Hauled In $2.4 Billion During Four Years He Served As President

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2021/07/19/trumps-business-hauled-in-24-billion-during-four-years-he-served-as-president/

The Secret Service spent nearly $2 million at Trump properties - CREW | Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-investigations/the-secret-service-spent-nearly-2-million-at-trump-properties/

Report: U.S. Government Paid Over $2.5 Million To Trump's Businesses

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2020/10/27/report-us-government-paid-over-25-million-to-trumps-businesses/

And last, but not least, Kushner scooped up $2,000,000,000 in deferred "pay for play" from the House of Saud that the guardians of the money did not want to give the boneheaded business f@uck up but MBS insisted (…and there is no way Kusher wasn't a front for tRump).
Big C

^ Yeah, but Trump donated his salary! $400,000 per year! Multiplied by four!! Hopefully by eight!!! That's a lot of money! What do you have to say to that?!?
bearister
Big C said:

^ Yeah, but Trump donated his salary! $400,000 per year! Multiplied by four!! Hopefully by eight!!! That's a lot of money! What do you have to say to that?!?

I'll tell ya what I have to say:

If lovin' Boebert is wrong, Big C don't wannabe right.
First Page Last Page
Page 325 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.