Border Wall Shutdown

28,276 Views | 274 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by dajo9
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With the likelihood of a TRUMP SHUTDOWN looming

The Press Secretary said that the Administration was planning on using military funds to build the wall.

I worked thirty plus year for one of the two DOD commands that actually builds facilities (someone else pays for them). The understanding was that construction over $500K had to be directly appropriated by Congress. Now $5 billion exceeds that threshold by about ten thousand times. Using DOD construction authority to build a massive HSA construction project without Congressional authorization should be career ending incarceration for all involved, military and civilian Contracting Officers. Certainly an impeachable offense, even if politically acceptable to the Senate.

If Trump proceeds without Congressional appropriation for construction, should the military and civilian Contracting Officers who carry out the Trump's orders be indicted?
Or is breaking Federal law for the Trump the new DOJ policy...

Another Bear
The Trump Admin is backing down from the wall and the Trump Shutdown rhetoric. I think they realized they painted themselves in a corner and both ideas are extremely unpopular. It was a no-win idea and they were going to get clown stomped on it with the finale being a giant clown shoe shoved up the GOP's collective arse.

Methinks the jig is up and the she-it is headed towards the fan. The release of the Russkie hacking reports and Flynn today leaves a harsh stench that even the Mushroom Nationalist can't ignore.

January looks like it's going to be complete chaos.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
Another Bear
It appears the border wall shut down might be real again. Trump and hardline GOP backing shut down plan.

Just in time for Jesus' birthday.
golden sloth
Another Trump manufactured drama. I'm wondering if he caves (again) and this whole thing is designed to help deflect attention from the poor performing stock market.
Another Bear
Agree it's manufactured drama. The thing about this time, it's as much an internal GOP thing.
B.A. Bearacus
concordtom
Even if the GOP approves a $50B wall in the dying days of universal control, it won't get built.
Dems will win in 2 years, controlling both chambers and the presidency, and will immediately end construction.

The question is, when does Trump bail and what's he personally taking with him?
BearNIt
So this is what it is like watching a Man-baby throw a temper tantrum after he accepted full responsibility for the government shutdown that he has manufactured to distract from an ever worsening situation. Good Luck with that. What the hell is he doing with the pulling out of Syria? The Kurds have been fighting with US personnel from day one and we are about to leave them high and dry. Who would want to partner with the US ever again? There is something that is not right about this decision.
ducky23
BearNIt said:

What the hell is he doing with the pulling out of Syria? The Kurds have been fighting with US personnel from day one and we are about to leave them high and dry. Who would want to partner with the US ever again? There is something that is not right about this decision.

"On this, Donald is right. I agree with him" - Putin

There's your answer

OBear073akaSMFan
concordtom said:

Even if the GOP approves a $50B wall in the dying days of universal control, it won't get built.
Dems will win in 2 years, controlling both chambers and the presidency, and will immediately end construction.

The question is, when does Trump bail and what's he personally taking with him?
The moron dying from a massive heart attack is too easy for him. He & his family deserve a slow & agonizing death!!
B.A. Bearacus
OBear073akaSMFan said:

The moron dying from a massive heart attack is too easy for him. He & his family deserve a slow & agonizing death!!
HaveNeverHeard OBear073akaSMFan beThisiRate.

Another Bear
The GOP don't have the votes or enough members present to do anything. Big dumb waste of time, typical incompetence.
OBear073akaSMFan
B.A. Bearacus said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

HaveNeverHeard OBear073akaSMFan beThisiRate.

Off & on I have made my feeling on the Moron. You should have heard my comments to my wife after she voted for Jill Stein! She & others played right into the hands of the Russians!
sycasey
Let them do it. Trump already took the blame himself. Democrats won't get touched. A government shutdown ultimately is not hugely impactful to most of the country.
B.A. Bearacus
This literal shiit for brains thinks "coyotes" refers to four-legged animals in this context.

Another Bear
Once again, can't make this crap up...

Congress doesn't want to fund the wall. So Trump fans started a GoFundMe drive

Frankly it sounds like a scam. They'll never raised $5 billion, and somehow the money ends up elsewhere.
Another Bear
Merry Shutdown Everyone!

God Bless Us! God Bless Everyone!

B.A. Bearacus
Said well.

dajo9
I'm going to be near Washington DC for the holidays and was planning to take the kids to the National Air & Space Museum on Sunday.

Oh well, I guess not. Thanks Trump.
American Vermin
Another Bear
Okay then, lets do some math and add 1 + 1 + 1

a) Donald Trump Hates Christmas Parties Because They're "Not About Him," Report Says
b) Trump fires Mattis
c) Trump declares shutdown

NOW Christmas is about Trump. The problem is, he's giving himself a lump of coal and golden shower.

golden sloth
So the real war on Christmas is coming from Trump all along. I should have known.
B.A. Bearacus
dajo9 said:

I'm going to be near Washington DC for the holidays and was planning to take the kids to the National Air & Space Museum on Sunday.

Dajo, you will still be able to take your kids. From their site: "If there is a government shutdown, both locations will remain open through Jan. 1. We are always closed on Dec. 25. For further updates follow us on social media."
Anarchistbear
How does this affect the flyover at the Cheezit Bowl?
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
Scab pilots?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
golden sloth said:

So the real war on Christmas is coming from Trump all along. I should have known.
Ironic isn't it, especially after Fox News made such a big deal.
dajo9
B.A. Bearacus said:

dajo9 said:

Dajo, you will still be able to take your kids. From their site: "If there is a government shutdown, both locations will remain open through Jan. 1. We are always closed on Dec. 25. For further updates follow us on social media."
Great - thanks for the tip
American Vermin
BearChemist

He is really 5 yo isnn't he?
golden sloth
BearChemist said:

He is really 5 yo isnn't he?
Beautiful in a Vlad the Impaler kind of way.
bearister
golden sloth said:

...Beautiful in a Vlad the Impaler kind of way.

For those with an inquiring mind and the need to know:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impalement
Another Bear

bearister
calbearinamaze
sp4149 said:

With the likelihood of a TRUMP SHUTDOWN looming

The Press Secretary said that the Administration was planning on using military funds to build the wall.

I worked thirty plus year for one of the two DOD commands that actually builds facilities (someone else pays for them). The understanding was that construction over $500K had to be directly appropriated by Congress. Now $5 billion exceeds that threshold by about ten thousand times. Using DOD construction authority to build a massive HSA construction project without Congressional authorization should be career ending incarceration for all involved, military and civilian Contracting Officers. Certainly an impeachable offense, even if politically acceptable to the Senate.

If Trump proceeds without Congressional appropriation for construction, should the military and civilian Contracting Officers who carry out the Trump's orders be indicted?
Or is breaking Federal law for the Trump the new DOJ policy...

sp4149

This is really, really good stuff. I'm going to have claim ignorance on what HSA stands for. I've been in and
around DC a long time, but probably only know .0001% of the acronyms. Also, I consider myself
fairly decent at searching for information. I thought I had something that made sense....only to discover
that I was looking at an Irish governmental authority

I'm REALLY concerned about the military being misused. Hopefully, the "generals" would say "No way."....but
the National Guard being used as pawns in "caravans" affair and Gen. Mattis leaving don't make me feel really good. So, the following questions asked in that vein.

1. what does HSA stand for?
2. what is HSA's relationship to DOD
3. when you say "two DOD commands" are you saying Army, Navy Corps of Engineers, contractors, something else? Basically is this the military building facilities?
4."Congressional authorization" gives me too much the feeling of Mitch McConnell holding the purse-strings.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

GO BEARS!!!! We have a basketball to win tonight.

Another Bear
Holy cow, it's NOT a wall. It's a fence. How stupid is this?

It's not secure and it costs $5 billion? And Trump is willing to shut down government for this? I think this might be his last stand, so might as well break him now. He's banking on division but it won't work.

The Slat Dossier ... It's a Picket Fence Not a Wall
calbearinamaze
Trump Shutdown. What an a.........e. A fence for his base.

At least this:

"However, before they adjourned for the night, the Senate passed a bill to ensure federal employees who are furloughed get back pay. "

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.