Mueller Report: THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

38,993 Views | 419 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearForce2
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

dajo9 said:

wifeisafurd said:

kelly09 said:

wifeisafurd said:

bearister said:

Within an hour of learning the findings," the WashPost reports, "Trump called for an investigation of his critics and cast himself as a victim."

"Aides say Trump plans to ... call for organizations to fire members of the media and former government officials who he believes made false accusations about him."

Don Jr., the president's eldest son, tweeted: "How this farce started and snowballed ... into one the greatest hoaxes ever perpetrated on the America should be discovered. Those responsible should be held accountable."

And Rudy Giuliani said on Fox News: "[T]here has to be a full and complete investigation, with at least as much enthusiasm as this one, to figure out where did this charge emanate, who started it, and who paid for it." Axios

...and so we proceed down the road to totalitarianism. First seize he presses, throw them into the street and roll the tanks over them. Next come the journalists...

What to Make of Bill Barr's Letter

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-make-bill-barrs-letter

To harken back, the original intent of the investigation was to find out the extent of Russian influence. There is ample evidence that Congress was right in investigating Russian influence and Rosenstein was right in ordering the Mueller investigation. There is a Russian problem. Trump may think everything is about him, but it isn't. Congress would do well to focus on the Russian problem, since the FBI total F'ed it up.

As for an investigation, not going to happen. The FBI is in bad enough shape after this. Barr will find away to distance the FBI and Justice from engaging in a witch hunt. The media that screamed about Trump colluding with the Russians already took a credibility hit, we don't need to sacrifice the First Amendment with some stupid investigation over people gun jumping and making what turned out to be incorrect remarks. That happens to us all at some point (or at least me).
Barr has got to go forward on invetigations into the DOJ, FBI and Brennan's CIA.The behavior or these entities in getting involved in American politics was despicable. It goes beyond that. Flynn's unmasking, the use of the Dossier and leaking of classified materials to an anti Trump media. All of this was bad and has to be dealt with.
The FBI went though an extensive internal investigation and fired agents who were overtly acting political against Trump or Clinton for that matter under Trump appointees. The agency has taken a huge hit for actions under Comey (I know some people love him). What more do you want? What purpose does it serve?

As for the CIA, any changes or investigations will not see the light of day. They are the deep state. I'm just trying to see what any investigations will accomplish, other than further damaging the FBI as an institution?
The bolded section is actually incorrect. The FBI may have gone through an extensive internal investigation and fired those who acted against Trump (including releasing all their questionable texts and activities, etc. to the public) but we have no idea what was done to those, other than Comey, who acted against Hillary (and Comey was fired after acting against Trump though he acted against Hillary before that). FBI agents were leaking information to the Trump campaign in 2016 and that has been investigated but the FBI refuses to release any information about the investigation, in violation of the law. My guess is the perps are still gainfully employed after a minor slap on the wrist.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/press-release/guiliani-leak-lawsuit/

This is the grave concern many of us have been warning about. Law enforcement organizations like the FBI are being purged of people, but not people who were favorable to Trump. Once law enforcement is completely in the hands of Trumpies (rather than the array of civil servants we expect), we cease to operate as a free country.
Nice try.

It is unfortunate that the top people in the Trump investigation were also the main guys in the Clinton e mail scandal. Comey was fired by Trump in May 2017 after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein helped write a memo that was critical of how Comey and other lead agents including Peter Strzok handled the FBI's probe into then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server for official business. Source: WSJ, NT Times, LA Times, ad nauseam. Lead on the Clinton investigation was Peter Strzok, who was the agent the was was fired by Mueller teem (where he had been transferred), and then fired by the FBI when e mails critical of Trump came out.The revelation of the text messages led Republican congressmen and right wing media to start pushing conspiracy theories to the effect that Strzok was involved in a secret plot to undermine the Trump presidency. Lost in all this is Rosenstein recommended that Comey and Strzok be fired for how they death with the Clinton e mail nothing burger (many government official continue to conduct official business on their personal computer).

You may be right that all the people are being fired who don't like with Trump in the FBI - I'm not really aware of mass firings, and I suspect the majority of agents dislike Trump given his barrage of insults and conspiracies against the FBI. But in this bizarre thread in this bizarre corner of the internet, why the hell not? I stand by my statement that guys on the Clinton investigation were fired.
Name for me one FBI person who has been fired who was viewed to have treated Clinton wrongly and who did not anger Trump. You can't. We have 3 groups here:

1 - Angered Trump = fired
2 - Angered Trump and Hillary = fired
3 - Angered Hillary = employed
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
wifeisafurd
dajo9 said:

wifeisafurd said:

dajo9 said:

wifeisafurd said:

kelly09 said:

wifeisafurd said:

bearister said:

Within an hour of learning the findings," the WashPost reports, "Trump called for an investigation of his critics and cast himself as a victim."

"Aides say Trump plans to ... call for organizations to fire members of the media and former government officials who he believes made false accusations about him."

Don Jr., the president's eldest son, tweeted: "How this farce started and snowballed ... into one the greatest hoaxes ever perpetrated on the America should be discovered. Those responsible should be held accountable."

And Rudy Giuliani said on Fox News: "[T]here has to be a full and complete investigation, with at least as much enthusiasm as this one, to figure out where did this charge emanate, who started it, and who paid for it." Axios

...and so we proceed down the road to totalitarianism. First seize he presses, throw them into the street and roll the tanks over them. Next come the journalists...

What to Make of Bill Barr's Letter

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-make-bill-barrs-letter

To harken back, the original intent of the investigation was to find out the extent of Russian influence. There is ample evidence that Congress was right in investigating Russian influence and Rosenstein was right in ordering the Mueller investigation. There is a Russian problem. Trump may think everything is about him, but it isn't. Congress would do well to focus on the Russian problem, since the FBI total F'ed it up.

As for an investigation, not going to happen. The FBI is in bad enough shape after this. Barr will find away to distance the FBI and Justice from engaging in a witch hunt. The media that screamed about Trump colluding with the Russians already took a credibility hit, we don't need to sacrifice the First Amendment with some stupid investigation over people gun jumping and making what turned out to be incorrect remarks. That happens to us all at some point (or at least me).
Barr has got to go forward on invetigations into the DOJ, FBI and Brennan's CIA.The behavior or these entities in getting involved in American politics was despicable. It goes beyond that. Flynn's unmasking, the use of the Dossier and leaking of classified materials to an anti Trump media. All of this was bad and has to be dealt with.
The FBI went though an extensive internal investigation and fired agents who were overtly acting political against Trump or Clinton for that matter under Trump appointees. The agency has taken a huge hit for actions under Comey (I know some people love him). What more do you want? What purpose does it serve?

As for the CIA, any changes or investigations will not see the light of day. They are the deep state. I'm just trying to see what any investigations will accomplish, other than further damaging the FBI as an institution?
The bolded section is actually incorrect. The FBI may have gone through an extensive internal investigation and fired those who acted against Trump (including releasing all their questionable texts and activities, etc. to the public) but we have no idea what was done to those, other than Comey, who acted against Hillary (and Comey was fired after acting against Trump though he acted against Hillary before that). FBI agents were leaking information to the Trump campaign in 2016 and that has been investigated but the FBI refuses to release any information about the investigation, in violation of the law. My guess is the perps are still gainfully employed after a minor slap on the wrist.

https://www.citizensforethics.org/press-release/guiliani-leak-lawsuit/

This is the grave concern many of us have been warning about. Law enforcement organizations like the FBI are being purged of people, but not people who were favorable to Trump. Once law enforcement is completely in the hands of Trumpies (rather than the array of civil servants we expect), we cease to operate as a free country.
Nice try.

It is unfortunate that the top people in the Trump investigation were also the main guys in the Clinton e mail scandal. Comey was fired by Trump in May 2017 after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein helped write a memo that was critical of how Comey and other lead agents including Peter Strzok handled the FBI's probe into then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server for official business. Source: WSJ, NT Times, LA Times, ad nauseam. Lead on the Clinton investigation was Peter Strzok, who was the agent the was was fired by Mueller teem (where he had been transferred), and then fired by the FBI when e mails critical of Trump came out.The revelation of the text messages led Republican congressmen and right wing media to start pushing conspiracy theories to the effect that Strzok was involved in a secret plot to undermine the Trump presidency. Lost in all this is Rosenstein recommended that Comey and Strzok be fired for how they death with the Clinton e mail nothing burger (many government official continue to conduct official business on their personal computer).

You may be right that all the people are being fired who don't like with Trump in the FBI - I'm not really aware of mass firings, and I suspect the majority of agents dislike Trump given his barrage of insults and conspiracies against the FBI. But in this bizarre thread in this bizarre corner of the internet, why the hell not? I stand by my statement that guys on the Clinton investigation were fired.
Name for me one FBI person who has been fired who was viewed to have treated Clinton wrongly and who did not anger Trump. You can't. We have 3 groups here:

1 - Angered Trump = fired
2 - Angered Trump and Hillary = fired
3 - Angered Hillary = employed
You want me go bold where you said they only acted against Comey with some dumb post like your prior post?

Read my post. I said and for that matter Clinton. That is number 2. That said, I don't think Trumo had anything to do with with Mueller firing Strzok. He was compromised as biased by his own e mails and threatened to compromise the appearance of Mueller's investigation. Candidly, if he had read Rosenstein's memo on Strzok re: Clinton's investigation he would have fired him as well. A led investigator that was too overtly political to be independent. Same with Comey. Harkening back to the J. Edgar days.

We are talking about a hand full of agents, mostly at a middle level. This huge purge you mentioned of FBI agents that puts the FBI in the hands of Trump, not to mention the Nazi posts, the weird poetry, the conspiracies, make you guys look just as weird as Trump frankly. Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe via @YouTube

Hopefully Trump is voted out of office or impeached following a legitimate investigation which actually produces evidence of wrong doing.
dajo9
You said, "The FBI went though an extensive internal investigation and fired agents who were overtly acting political against Trump or Clinton for that matter under Trump appointees".

I am pointing out that is only true for agents who were overtly acting political against Trump.

Not sure why you are having trouble grasping my point.
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

... not to mention the Nazi posts, the weird poetry, the conspiracies, make you guys look just as weird as Trump frankly. Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe via @YouTube

Hopefully Trump is voted out of office or impeached following a legitimate investigation which actually produces evidence of wrong doing.
1) great song. Thank you.

2) not the lunatic fringe, but the pissed off majority. See election results in 2020 and 2018 (Dems won house and popular vote for presidential race. Also see the Jan 21 2017 rallies. That's not a fringe group!!!

The Washington March drew well over 200,000 people. Between 3,267,134 and 5,246,670 people participated in the marches in the U.S., approximately 1.0 to 1.6 percent of the U.S. population. Worldwide participation has been estimated at over seven million. At least 408 marches were reported to have been planned in the U.S. and 168 in 81 other countries. After the marches, organizers reported that around 673 marches took place worldwide, on all seven continents, 29 in Canada, 20 in Mexico, and 1 in Antartica. The crowds were peaceful, no arrests were made in D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, or Seattle, where a combined total of about two million people marched. The organization's website states that they wanted to adhere to "the nonviolent ideology of the Civil Rights movement".

3) It wasn't poetry, as stated. Flow of thought. If you take it as poetry, I take that as a compliment.

4) Nazi comparisons. Already explained. No rebuttal given. Okay, we can agree to disagree. But please watch the film "Experimenter" on Netflix (if you have it) for consideration of group thinking and how that may apply here.

5) Trump being gone ASAP. Not much more needs to be said. We agree. Let's work toward that notion together! I'll buy the first beer in celebration of our new agenda!

concordtom

Not a fringe.
Every race, every socio-economic class, millions strong, nationwide.
Every sign individually made.
This is a grassroots uprising, not some premanufactured star sighting rally of hate.

I participated in the 2019 Sac women's march. Not as many people as 2017, but half the people there are still there as an anti-trump statement as much as pro-women. People are calm. Angry, yes, but calm.

I should go to a trump rally to sense the contrast first hand.
You should go to women's march 2020.
Eastern Oregon Bear

Shocked Vladimir Putin Slowly Realizing He Didn't Conspire With Trump Campaign
Golden One
concordtom said:

Not a fringe.
This is a grassroots uprising, not some premanufactured star sighting rally of hate.

I participated in the 2019 Sac women's march. Not as many people as 2017, but half the people there are still there as an anti-trump statement as much as pro-women. People are calm. Angry, yes, but calm.

Based on your photo, it was 100% white.
wifeisafurd
dajo9 said:

You said, "The FBI went though an extensive internal investigation and fired agents who were overtly acting political against Trump or Clinton for that matter under Trump appointees".

I am pointing out that is only true for agents who were overtly acting political against Trump.

Because the guys fired also acted politically against Clinton, which your not grasping, and in fact were named by Clinton as causing her defeat, until it became misogyny, then Russia, then the bankrupt DNC, then Wikileaks, then "Deplorable's, then Obama (for failing to speak up about the attack on Democracy (maybe he could have thrown in a Hitler reference?)), then "white women under pressure from men", then TV coverage, then political journalists, then debate questions, and finally, in her book, herself.
wifeisafurd
Golden One said:

concordtom said:

Not a fringe.

don't tell him Trump had way bigger campaign turn-outs...
wifeisafurd
concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

... not to mention the Nazi posts, the weird poetry, the conspiracies, make you guys look just as weird as Trump frankly. Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe via @YouTube

2) not the lunatic fringe, but the pissed off majority. See election results in 2020 and 2018 (Dems won house and popular vote for presidential race. Also see the Jan 21 2017 rallies. That's not a fringe group!!!

The Washington March drew well over 200,000 people. Between 3,267,134 and 5,246,670 people participated in the marches in the U.S., approximately 1.0 to 1.6 percent of the U.S. population. Worldwide participation has been estimated at over seven million. At least 408 marches were reported to have been planned in the U.S. and 168 in 81 other countries. After the marches, organizers reported that around 673 marches took place worldwide, on all seven continents, 29 in Canada, 20 in Mexico, and 1 in Antartica. The crowds were peaceful, no arrests were made in D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, New York City, or Seattle, where a combined total of about two million people marched. The organization's website states that they wanted to adhere to "the nonviolent ideology of the Civil Rights movement".

3) It wasn't poetry, as stated. Flow of thought. If you take it as poetry, I take that as a compliment.

4) Nazi comparisons. Already explained. No rebuttal given. Okay, we can agree to disagree. But please watch the film "Experimenter" on Netflix (if you have it) for consideration of group thinking and how that may apply here.

5) Trump being gone ASAP. Not much more needs to be said. We agree. Let's work toward that notion together! I'll buy the first beer in celebration of our new agenda!

If you want to win an election, drop the offensive Hitler stuff and the rest of the weird cr@p, tell the activists to go low key, and put up a candidate that can win those few swing votes that the election will turn on, whether the GOP candidate is Trump or Pence.
Another Bear
wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

If you want to win an election, drop the offensive Hitler stuff and the rest of the weird cr@p, tell the activists to go low key, and put up a candidate that can win those few swing votes that the election will turn on, whether the GOP candidate is Trump or Pence.
Seriously? GOP congressmen are literally quoting Hitler on the House Floor in the year 2019. And there's Bannon and Miller, the Jewish Nazi. Literal Nazis in the GOP.
dajo9
wifeisafurd said:

dajo9 said:

Because the guys fired also acted politically against Clinton

Hence my 3 categories. It's real simple and you can't get it:

1 - Against Trump = fired
2 - Against Trump and Clinton = fired
3 - Against Clinton = employed
concordtom
Golden One said:

concordtom said:

Not a fringe.

What's your point?
That there are lots of non-whites at trump rallies?
Yeah, right.
Golden One
concordtom said:

Golden One said:

concordtom said:

Not a fringe.

What's your point?
Yeah, right.
My point is that your comment above that "Every race....." is complete BS with regard to the rally in your photo. I made no mention of Trump rallies, but the few I've seen have had more non-whites present than the rally in your photo.
concordtom
Golden One said:

concordtom said:

Golden One said:

concordtom said:

Not a fringe.

What's your point?
Yeah, right.
My point is that your comment above that "Every race....." is complete BS with regard to the rally in your photo. I made no mention of Trump rallies, but the few I've seen have had more non-whites present than the rally in your photo.
Fair enough. I chose that image for the signage, to support my point about genuineness.
Really slicing hairs at this point though.
concordtom
1. I expect significant redactions, meaning it will be reduced to untrustworthy.
2. Controversy will continue no matter what.
3. I don't care what it says. Trump is a joke and shows us that in myriad and severe ways every single day. We don't need any Mueller report to tell us he should be excited to Pluton
oski003
Will the eagle land at 8 AM?
Anarchistbear
CNN and MSNBC's ratings are cratering. Robert Mueller former paragon of virtue and rectitude will now be cast as an enemy of the state.
BearNIt
Nothing to see here. All we have is a frustrated two year-old who may have 10 instances of obstruction, but all were forgiven because well, he was frustrated. I think I got it right.

Who made the determination that the two year-old was frustrated? Did someone ask him?
bearister
Even Chris Wallace said Barr was acting as tRump's advocate in this morning's pressie;

Barr went out of his way to state it is was not illegal for Wikileaks to publish the emails and then followed it up with stating there was no participation of tRump et al in any illegal activity regarding the Wikileaks dumping of the emails. Translation: tRump and his crew coordinated with Assange in the dumping of the hacked emails but that was not against the law;

With regard to obstruction of justice, it is clear Mueller found evidence of it which is why Barr had to point out he disagreed with Mueller's legal theories on this issue and why Barr started excusing tRump's conduct in this area as that of a man justifiable frustrated that everyone was out to get him after he became POTUS;

Bottom line: Our team, i.e., MSNBC and CNN, can debate this latest turn of events into the ground (like it is the "how many angels will fit on the head of a needle" debate) and nothing is ever going to come of this. Voting tRump out of office is all we have left.

Finally, it is always comforting to know that the leader of the free world and the man in possession of the nuclear codes has the emotional maturity that generated this tweet this morning:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Anarchistbear
Winter is coming.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
oski003
Mueller Time is over. Time to pay the Barr tab?
Anarchistbear
The funniest thing is watching the media panels.

Trump isn't guilty of interfering in the election with Russians?

" Wait you can't do this TO ME!"
OBear073akaSMFan
wifeisafurd said:

I can't believe you. The Moron & the republican party has done everything to stymie legitimate investigation. Yes voting him out of the office might be the only way of doing this but he and his family deserves worse. I hope he is alive to see his daughter, moron Jr, and Jared suffers are taken down too! The entire Moron clan are a bunch of con artist that has hoodwink his base!
blungld
You have lost your way if you think that this behavior is acceptable by the president and that the country is safe and better off with this man in charge. Get out of the "can't let the Libs win" mentality. Democracy and the world are less stable and criminals are emboldened and escaping justice with this mafia family at the helm.

Fox can editorialize all they want. Trump can tweet all he wants. The big picture is entirely dishonest and unAmerican. Time to impeach.
sp4149
bearister said:

Even Chris Wallace said Barr was acting as tRump's advocate in this morning's pressie;

Barr went out of his way to state it is was not illegal for Wikileaks to publish the emails and then followed it up with stating there was no participation of tRump et al in any illegal activity regarding the Wikileaks dumping of the emails. Translation: tRump and his crew coordinated with Assange in the dumping of the hacked emails but that was not against the law;

With regard to obstruction of justice, it is clear Mueller found evidence of it which is why Barr had to point out he disagreed with Mueller's legal theories on this issue and why Barr started excusing tRump's conduct in this area as that of a man justifiable frustrated that everyone was out to get him after he became POTUS;

Bottom line: Our team, i.e., MSNBC and CNN, can debate this latest turn of events into the ground (like it is the "how many angels will fit on the head of a needle" debate) and nothing is ever going to come of this. Voting tRump out of office is all we have left.

Finally, it is always comforting to know that the leader of the free world and the man in possession of the nuclear codes has the emotional maturity that generated this tweet this morning:

Maybe we should investigate who creates those tweets for POTUS. He is technologically illiterate, maybe the Russian hackers who aided his campaign...
Another Bear
Someone will leak the full report. The question is who.

In any case, the U.S. might not recover from this if not addressed fully, and isn't that exactly what the Russkie wanted?
oski003
Countries that do not like the USA are loving this
bearister
Which signals the Fall of the American Empire more: the POTUS' Game of Thrones tweet or the fact that at least 40% of the electorate thinks it was a rip roaring idea?
Anarchistbear
Another Bear said:

Someone will leak the full report. The question is who.

In any case, the U.S. might not recover from this if not addressed fully, and isn't that exactly what the Russkie wanted?

You should be happy. Trump didn't conspire with the Russians to interfere with the elections. That's good news. The rest of this s&it show is a self- inflicted wound.
B.A. Bearacus
The complete, heavily redacted report in PDF:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/18/politics/full-mueller-report-pdf/index.html
concordtom
BearNIt said:

Nothing to see here.
Not so fast.
CNN is tearing into this and it's getting rich.

Barr is shown to be a tool of trumps defense.
Mueller leaves plenty of bread crumbs.
Trump will not be impeached because the GOP controls the senate and they will not cave but ride the ship to the bottom.
But Trump will not be reelected.

Of course, I said that in 2016, too, so, just shoot me now.
concordtom
sp4149 said:

bearister said:

Maybe we should investigate who creates those tweets for POTUS. He is technologically illiterate, maybe the Russian hackers who aided his campaign...
No kidding.
It was made weeks ago, no doubt.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.