cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,109 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842422884 said:

during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball head coach dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

steve alford & dana altman are enablers of players that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

dana altman is once again relying upon 6 transfers for the ducks 2013 season...2 of these transfers are srs: mike moser & jason calliste

the 2 senior transfers are not student athletes in any sense of the word...moser & calliste will arrive in the fall & then depart that spring with zero academic progress and/or achievement...they are like transients

beyond devaluing the already shaky oregon degree (which is considered a jc caliber education with its 90+% acceptance rate), those players that have worked within the basketball program for several years are recruited over & benched in favor of guys who don't even know where the library is in eugene

so who else did altman recruit for the 2013 ducks?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during hs in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from lbp was declared ineligible before the school yr & will not join the roster until next season

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

bottom line
*****a cal degree helps you move forward in life & marry the girl of your dreams
*an oregon degree helps you get hired as the night shift supervisor at the truck stop in medford & probably marrying a lot lizard

*jaquan lyle, 2.5 gpa & suspended for fighting in high school is no longer listed on the oregon basketball roster because of admissions/eligibility issues...now enrolled at the img academy in florida

*ray kosongo has been denied admission by the university's special admission board

*mike moser, jason caliste, johnathan lloyd, richard amardi & waverly austin used up their eligiblity...not clear if any of them will ever earn an oregon diploma

*ben carter, suspended along with dominic artis for selling team issued shoes/gear, transfered to unlv

*a.j. lapray transferred to pepperdine

*brandon austin, 2.6 gpa in philly, was suspended from the providence basketball team after being charged with a sexual assault of a female student...he immediately was recruited & transferred to oregon...when confronted by the media, altman claimed he checked austin's background but did not know he raped a girl while at providence...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*damyean dotson, suspended during the season for trying to use a fake id at a bar, considering transferring & currently not participating in team activities...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*dominic artis, he attended cal's last pac 12 home game at haas vs usc...i was speaking with his former hs athletic director at salesian chad nightingale (played wr for the bears) when dominic came over & said hello, it was clear to me that he wanted to speak privately with chad...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed & currently attending contra costa cc as a student while practicing (but not playing) for the bb team

*elgin cook & jalil abdul bassit were arrested by the eugene pd for shoplifting at market of choice across the street from matthew knight arena on sept 12th...dana altman has stated "we expect our student athletes to conduct themselves as solid members of this community and team...both are being internally disciplined (which means nothing as usual)"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/two_oregon_ducks_basketball_pl.html

*dana altman knews that elgin cook had been cited for assault & battery, disorderly conduct and vandalism four years ago in wisconsin before he recruited him to oregon...criminal dana altman has stated "i was aware of elgin's background prior to his arrival at the university of oregon...the two years before he arrived here, elgin did very well at prep school and junior college, especially in the classroom...we would not have recruited elgin if we didn't believe he was capable of receiving a college education that he would appreciate and value"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/dana_altman_was_aware_of_elgin.html

*jordan bell was cited for harassing a university of oregon police officer after receiving a parking violation ticket...life values guy dana altman suspended bell for 1 game, a home game vs washington state

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

what up, coach dept: hypocrite dana altman is upset with players dwayne benjamin & jordan bell because they "held their hands up above their waists throughout the playing of the star spangled banner and then appeared to frisk each other as the team's starting lineup was announced...i think every player has a right to express their opinions, however i didn't think that was the time and place for it...on their own as individuals, they have that right...as part of our basketball team, when you put on the oregon jersey on, it's a little different"

to be honest with you, coach, when i see the oregon basketball jersey i usually think of non academic dumb azzs with minimal educational aspirations & criminal records playing for a coach that is more interested in winning than any life lessons

bravery award of the year goes to the female victim who is still a student at the university of oregon
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12139436/oregon-ducks-head-coach-dana-altman-sued-student-alleged-sexual-assault

larry scott's lowest point thus far in his run as the pac 12 commish is the conference award to criminal dana altman as the pac 12 coach of the year...the female rape victim student at the university of oregon's pending lawsuit which names dana altman specifically could result in the university of providence confirming that despite his lies to the contrary that altman knew brandon austin was dismissed by providence because of a violent sexual assault there

at that point dana altman will be viewed as the joe paterno of the pac 12, he will hopefully face civil & criminal consequences & the pac 12's branding that larry scott & his staff are working so hard to build up will be crushed

when mike montgomery had his cancer scare, both dana altman & his henchman assistant coach tony stubblefield negatively recruited against the bears using mike's health concerns as a reason to not go to berkeley

make no mistake about it, pac 12 coaching mvp award or not, dana altman is a piece of ****
HoopDreams
another stunningly beautiful day in California

78 degrees...perfect

Shocky1

caleb swanigan scored 18 points as the homestead spartans shocked the carroll chargers 59-57 this morning in the indiana state playoffs & then scored 18 points with 11 boards as the homestead spartans (27-2) outbarked the carmel greyhounds 41-37 this evening somewhere in the freezing azz midwest

and by the way, big sauce's shirt isn't pink, it's fuchsia

Shocky1

swanigan is weighing the possibility of playing alongside fellow mcdonalds all american/close friend ivan rabb at cal & opened up (dude is pretty private re: his recruitment) today when asked specifically re: purdue

"i like purdue...i like who they have there right now...they're big, they feed the post and they always get the ball inside and it's right here at home...i want another big that i can throw it to kind of like i have it with dana (batt, 6'9" high school teammate)...sometimes dana looks like a five and sometimes i look like a five...you never know, it doesn't matter...you have to show that you can play everywhere on the floor...i don't want to be pigeon holed where i have to do all the rebounding and all the dirty work...announce when i'm going to announce soon"
-caleb swanigan

big sauce, young ivee would complement your game at the #1 ranked public university in the world and yeah, cali isn't freezing azz heavy jacket weather

ondal
Rabb looks good in Haas.

Shocky1
tyson jolly scored 19 points as the putnam city west patriots (25-3) got rabies 78-68 from the edmond santa fe wolves in the oklahoma class 6a playoffs

"ive worked to hard, not just where im at and the success i've had, but for personal happiness that this long journey has helped me find"
-tyson jolly, 2015 cal recruiting priority target

HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"]Ivan Rabb[/COLOR] (30 points, 14 rebounds, 3 blocks) after leading his team, Bishop O'Dowd, past St. Francis...

"We're moving in the right direction," Rabb said. "We still have a lot of work to do. We just want to continue to get better every game and every practice.

"We know it's not going to be easy. We've got to play well, and we've got to stay humble. If we do those things, we'll be fine."

Rabb highlights from Jan...
[video=youtube;uKw5pwkOMUk][/video]
concordtom
Shocky1;842467607 said:

when mike montgomery had his cancer scare, both dana altman & his henchman assistant coach tony stubblefield negatively recruited against the bears using mike's health concerns as a reason to not go to berkeley

make no mistake about it, pac 12 coaching mvp award or not, dana altman is a piece of ****

I can get behind you on this point, Shocky. That's cold and heartless.
HoopDreams
BALLISLIFE says [COLOR="#000080"]Oscar Frayer[/COLOR] is......a [SIZE=3]freak athlete[/SIZE]
I gotta concur...

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#000080"]http://ballislife.com/freak-wing-oscar-frayer-shows-why-he-is-division-1-bound-official-ballislife-mixtape/[/COLOR][/SIZE]

stu

[SIZE=3]The dean decreed it, the clerk he wrote it
The clerk he wrote it down indeed-e
The dean decreed it, the clerk he wrote it down
You're all suspended, you can not stay around

Some got a quarter, some got one solid
Some got one solid year indeed-e
Some got a quarter, some got one solid year
But me and my buddies, we can never come back here

I wrote some emails, sent them in the
Sent them in the air indeed-e
I wrote some emails, sent them in the air
But no replies, I've got no friends anywhere
[/SIZE]

* If this makes no sense ask Bill Walton. Imagine.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842341924 said:

cuonzo martin has offered vance jackson, a highly skilled 6'7" 200 lbs sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce tregg's hs) in bellflower

jackson is a top 50 2016 player that played well this summer on the aau circuit for belmont shore displaying a more aggressive style of play...the unselfish team player has offers from arizona, defending ncca champs uconn along with most of the pac 12 (except noteably ucla & usc)...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast

a key factor in vance's recruitment will be his excellent academic track record & ambition

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including southern california)

key cal 2016 recruiting priority target vance jackson scored 30 including 4-4 from the 3 pt line in the 1st half as the st john bosco (18-13 final record) gored 68-53 the taft toreadors & then were beast moded out of the so cal playoffs 80-77 by the redondo union sea hawks

"i can say i tried my best and gave everything i had for this season and i can't wait to go back to the lab and work on my craft"
-vance jackson
Shocky1

"best feeling in the world right now!!...with my grandma"
-carlos johnson
Shocky1

OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842468179 said:

I hope not with Rabb, Swanigan, et al, but it may be…..Who wants to come to save a team that is not even considered in the top 100 (yes, given nuances of selection, but still) when considered by the top 4…Would you choose to be a saviour, or would you love to play for a winner were you top 20?…We gotta have something better than I am looking at to market, and I sure hope it is that Rabb's mother wants him close to home to watch him. We did not do our job to secure him, now let us just hope…..
NVBear78
OdontoBear66;842468195 said:

I hope not with Rabb, Swanigan, et al, but it may be..Who wants to come to save a team that is not even considered in the top 100 (yes, given nuances of selection, but still) when considered by the top 4Would you choose to be a saviour, or would you love to play for a winner were you top 20?We gotta have something better than I am looking at to market, and I sure hope it is that Rabb's mother wants him close to home to watch him. We did not do our job to secure him, now let us just hope..

Jason Kidd did. LaMond Murray did...

Cuonzo has earned praise from all this year and inherited a team short of size, athleticism and toughness. Nevertheless he has bonded well with his players and together they have built a foundation for great things to follow.

Go Bears!!
parentswerebears
NVBear78;842468199 said:

Cuonzo has earned praise from all this year and inherited a team short of size, athleticism and toughness. Nevertheless he has bonded well with his players and together they have built a foundation for great things to follow.

Go Bears!!

Thhis
brj1

I hope not with Rabb, Swanigan, et al, but it may be..Who wants to come to save a team that is not even considered in the top 100 (yes, given nuances of selection, but still) when considered by the top 4Would you choose to be a saviour, or would you love to play for a winner were you top 20?We gotta have something better than I am looking at to market, and I sure hope it is that Rabb's mother wants him close to home to watch him. We did not do our job to secure him, now let us just hope..

Some see what is, others what could be. Enough of the self-loathing and the hand wringing. Let Shocky handle the marketing, 50 year decision, etal. Cal already has one really good recruit on board, Damon Dillard, who doesn't think he just punched his ticket to Loserville. Watch Dillard's tape, pretty awesome player. Cuonzo is not done and the future is still bright.
HoopDreams
I'm glad Cal turned down the CBI. Let the seniors last game at Haas be the memorable win vs Oregon State
Other teams that turned down CBI include Michigan, Florida, Tennessee, Memphis, Oregon State, TCU, Minnesota, Clemson...

Season highlights were the wins over Syracuse, UCLA and the three last second wins on the clutch shots by three different players. We also beat two other NCAA teams (conference champions)

[SIZE=7][COLOR="#000080"]Bears will be back[/COLOR][/SIZE]

PtownBear1
HoopDreams;842468223 said:

I'm glad Cal turned down the CBI. Let the seniors last game at Haas be the memorable win vs Oregon State

Season highlights were the wins over Syracuse, UCLA and the three last second wins on the clutch shots by three different players. We also beat two other NCAA teams (conference champions)

+1. No benefit to dancing with the fuglies just because we were rejected from the party with the hotties. Rather spend the time in the gym and take better stab at the party next year.
OdontoBear66
NVBear78;842468199 said:

Go Bears!!

They very well did, but I have been on board for close to 60 years, and every once in a while someone like Kidd, Murray, Powe or Shareef graces our doorstep. It is the exception, not the rule. I still love it, but the upper echelon plays with the likes of those four on the same team (experience level wise, not age related). I am all for shocky and his hopes for the future. I have loved Cuonzo and his staff so far.

But please tell me if you gut did not sink a bit when our chance at the NIT was blocked by names like South Dakota State, Green Bay, Bucknell, Central Michigan, St. Francis, North Carolina Central (a household name), Rhode Island, and William and Mary? Yes, I know the absurdity of how this happens, but when the University of California, Berkeley is behind that mix and then the last two teams announced are Stanfurd and UC Davis, my gut turned a bit thinking of what we are hoping for in recruiting. I do not give up hopes that it will happen, but my head or stomach is still churning a bit.
HoopDreams
future starts today...

Shocky1
Shocky1;842466285 said:

there's around 2 minutes left in the washington state game at the mgm grand & the president of the brenden glapion fan club is nudging me & asking me why her favorite player isn't in the game

so i start screaming from our seats (thx ash & jj) directly behind the cal bench "coach, let's get the walk ons into the game, they work their azzs off all season, let's go"

and then coach martin yells "brenden" & our fearless hero jumps to his feet & runs to the scorer's table

taylor can't believe it, this **** is getting live

and then the cougars defender fouls glapion, all of his teammates rise to their feet & start clapping, he's gonna get 2 free throws

so brenden toes the line, bounces the ball & releases his smooth left handed stroke into the las vegas airspace...the ball rotates perfectly for seemingly forever & then drops thru the bottom of the net...the bears crew are totally fired up & pumping their fists...brandon chauca, a great teammate, comes up from behind the 3 point line & messes with brenden's crewcut

taylor & i are going ballistic...i'm screaming at the top of my lungs, "great shot, brenden, way to go baby...washington high school shooter, let's do this baby, let it fly, let's do this"

brenden bounces the ball, inhales a deep breath & focuses in on his 2nd free throw...he deftly strokes the 2nd free throw & it also drops perfectly thru the basket...brenden glapion has got 2 points in the pac 12 tnt, he's in the history books & now the staff is also smiling broadly and telling the guys to get back on d

i'm still roaring like a golden bear saying lots of stupid **** & high fiving dr danger & his son along with everyone else in our vicinity...taylor & i hug and i almost see a mist of bay area fog in her beautiful green eyes, my daughter is alive & happy sharing a very special moment with her dad
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4412[/ATTACH]
(click for larger image of taylor cheesin it at our golf club in flagstaff)

the stars & the universe are all perfectly aligned at this point in time

as the cal players leave the court, i'm stilling relentlessly clapping & yelling at the tv sideline reporter "interview glapion, interview glapion, talk to the big guy, come on let's roll"...the players are looking at me smiling & i dunno maybe shaking their heads a little bit too because i'm such a dumb azz, we've all experienced & shared something bigger than the game of basketball

did i mention that taylor's dream school is the university of san francisco (she's gotta raise her gpa if that's gonna happen otherwise she's gonna be at her mom's school, asu) & that brenden grew up in san francisco?

brenden glapion=cable car baller

the magic of cal basketball#

taylor is very upset (just like her dad, i thoroughly enjoyed going to almost every game this year & watching this team/program evolve and lay down a solid foundation for the future) that the cal basketball season is over

taylor: "is the season over because the bald man in the suit won't play brenden glapion every game?"

after further analysis & introspection-taylor: "can i start going to bears football games with you too, is brenden also on the football team?''

yes, sweetie, brenden is the quarterback of the football team, ok?...he just plays under his super secret nickname, jared goff, ok?

created a monster#
Shocky1
beyonce & jay z also none too happy that the bears won't compete again this season, not happy at all

nice shoes

it's called fashion, look it up#
Shocky1

I hope not with Rabb, Swanigan, et al, but it may be…..Who wants to come to save a team that is not even considered in the top 100 (yes, given nuances of selection, but still) when considered by the top 4…Would you choose to be a saviour, or would you love to play for a winner were you top 20?…We gotta have something better than I am looking at to market, and I sure hope it is that Rabb's mother wants him close to home to watch him. We did not do our job to secure him, now let us just hope…..

Shocky1
Shocky1;842455612 said:

earlier this morning at the salt lake city avis preferred center travis decuire came over & said hello to me & taylor

td's recruiting a slc high school prospect & apologized for barely having his voice after coaching the grizzs last nite to a 83-81 triple overtime thrillah victory at northern colorado to improve montana's conference record to 10-3...dude is one of the top young coaches in the game & will always have my absolute respect

the berkeley game this year was a very emotional event for td as he still loves the guys on the team, he recruited most of them to cal...the game was scheduled a year in advance with the intent to get some of the bay area grizzs back home & also collect a guaranteed payout...td will continue to relentlessly recruit the bay area (unlike some on the prior staff, he always felt we could recruit ivan rabb) & almost got austin paris this year

as td walked away, taylor said "he's really nice"...yeah, sweetie, i knew that

congrats to travis on leading his montana grizzlies to a ncca tournament during his 1st year in a wild azz finish in the big sky tournament...dude is a fiery competitor that also keeps his composure

[video=youtube;qSSytvWuFqI][/video]

big sky commish doug fullerton has suspended nau's douche bag head coach jack murphy (what kind of parents name their kid after a stadium?) from the 1st game of the lumberjack's 1st round cit tnt game at grand canyon this wednesday nite for his dangerous temper tantrum & trying to start a full blown fight after losing the game

jack murphy is an arizona grad teaching life skills to his student athletes...no wonder the dumb azz didn't get accepted at cal
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842468302 said:

Actually shocky, those who know me find me to way over the top "glass is near full" type person. I still suffered a punch in the stomach absorbing the tourney draws yesterday.
Shocky1
OdontoBear66;842468310 said:

Actually shocky, those who know me find me to way over the top "glass is near full" type person. I still suffered a punch in the stomach absorbing the tourney draws yesterday.

odonto, you're gonna be fine...the california golden bears are gonna be fine too
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842468312 said:

odonto, you're gonna be fine...the california golden bears are gonna be fine too

Thank you, and in my cone of temporary depression I will take your outlook on da Bears as a bright light in the tunnel. Haha. Reading between the lines works wonders.
Shocky1

solomon "future iron chef" young scored 16 points and christian terrell scored 9 points as the sacramento dragons (27-5) saddled 72-53 the san marin mustangs in the nor cal playoffs... mayor/nba all star/cal grad kevin johnson dnp for sac high

Shocky1

cal 2016 big target zach collins is a commit to gonzaga...zach's a strong student & hard working developing player, good luck to him in spokane

gonzaga is one of the least diverse schools in the country...i dunno for guys like stephen domingo, kameron rooks, christian behrens, ivan rabb & myself that's kinda important

shocky is a mutt#
SRBear
Wait a goddarn minute...I see some people NOT wearing red shirts...I'm sure they consider themselves diverse.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842465204 said:

the bears are actively targeting 6'4" 175 lbs 2015 shooting guard tyson jolly from putnam city west hs in oklahoma city...jolly is an active defender with a strong handle & a reliable shooting stroke

around a year ago last february tyson was rushed to the hospital for what turned out to be blood clots on his lungs & the doc told him he would never play basketball again...yeah, both he & coach martin probably aren't big fans of hospital beds or giving up

dude is unbreakable both mentally & physically...jolly is arguably the fastest rising senior in the 2015 class with a 20 point & 9 rebounds average and is expected to be rated as a top 100 player in the final class rankings

huf is talking to tyson daily & it's expected that he will officially visit cal along with a couple of other colleges on his other quickly expanding schools list after his season is over...tyson is a pretty good student with a 3.1 gpa & is coachable both on & off the court

unlike a lot of elite players that myopically think they are gonna just ball out for 10 minutes in college before heading to the nba, tyson fully understands that basketball can be taken away from you at any point, that your playing days can be over in a blink of an eye injury...boom, you're done playing basketball forever & then you gotta use your education to still reach all your dreams in life

yeah, jolly is the mentally tough kinda guy the cal basketball program is gonna build around & his offer from the staff is an actionable one...tyson's last 12 months have been a real rollercoaster but the gates to his unlimited future are wide open

the university of california, berkeley=#1 public university in the world (including freezing azz oklahoma)

coach martin is gonna visit with tyson jolly re: playing time at the #1 public university in the world in beautiful california in a family atmosphere

yeah, traveling to oklahoma city is kinda glamorous

50 year decision#
Shocky1

http://thefmproject.com/2015/03/16/have-you-met-ivan-rabb/#more-1069
Shocky1
"i've gotten to this point in my career and realized that, yeah, i've got a lot more dreams and i want to go further but at the same time i don't want to do it if it's at the expense of my happiness...and i don't want to do it if it's at the expense of my sanity or if i have to become someone who is so out of touch with what's real, the people that love you and the people that you love"
-j cole

Shocky1

legacy#
First Page Last Page
Page 163 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.