cal's monster offensive line

1,525,795 Views | 9940 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

dating cal, ucla or stanford female graduates:

back in the day shocky's gf at cal wuz a psychology major (she tole me that i wuz "a crockpot of contradictions") from national city, yeah she wuz a smokeshow & she eventually broke up with me cuz she wuz on academic probation "because of all the time we're spending together," yeah shocky got walked to his car (she later appeared bottomless in a hot tub for playboy's girls of the pac 10 issue)

my attitude these days is forks up & ****

https://instagr.am/p/CTNGReiA_1o
makes me kinda feel sorry for olivia's husband (shut up, shocky)#
https://instagr.am/p/Ct4YyRjpL4A
tequila corridor biz model: drink tequila & read books while ****faced

as the world turns (at modern yoga)#
Shocky1

opening round 66#
Jeff82
Justin Thomas tried to crash Homa's pre-tournament press conference in Detroit.

Thomas: "This is Justin, playing here this week. In your pairing last week, who was your favorite that was not Wyndham Clark?" Homa, Thomas and Clark played together the first two rounds. Homa missed the cut.

Homa: "I would have to say Justin Thomas. He makes me feel . . . tall . . . and funny."

Thomas: "Ok, that's the end of the question."

Thomas, muttering to himself: "That backfired."

MORAL: NEVER TRY TO CRACK ON A GUY THAT WENT TO CAL, IF YOU WENT TO ALABAMA, OR ANOTHER LESSER SCHOOL.
Shocky1
ha ha jeff

roll tide (to shoneys)#
Shocky1

opening round 69#
Shocky1

most improved team in college basketball (biggest turnaround)#
Shocky1

make no mistake about teri mckeever along with her enablers james arthur knowlton & jennifer simon-o'neil are absolute pieces of **** as human beings
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/my-coach-failed-me-a-former-swimmer-copes-with-18177523.php?IPID=SFGate-HP-CP-Spotlight

those that have read the unredacted munger report have concluded there is no defense for them

dance with the devil (in berkeley)#
Shocky1
it should be noted that neither knowlton or simon-o'neil as the top 2 officials in the cal athletic department have any active social media accounts, they are both winding down their failed careers as absentee bureacrats

lights turned out (in berkeley)#
Shocky1

2nd round 68#
Shocky1

2nd round 67 despite 2 putts missed under 5 feet, total 11 under par in contention#
Shocky1

congrats to tony chen for qualifying for the 2023 us amateur at cherry hills country club in denver which wuz the home to the most brutal missed putt in the history of cal golf (both amateur & professional) when michael weaver's 5 footer lipped out on the 18th green which would've won the finals match & us amateur championship

michael is yet another golden bear with a haas biz ad degree & doing well in his hometown fresno...weaver missed qualifying this year despite a 6 under par 36 hole score at the same qualifying site as chen

life is not linear#

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/BZRTvlagD9_

shocky's fashionista yoga buddy (7uice)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CuIfuAGrsDM
taylor & her dumb azz dad's favorite italian near her soho neighborhood is bar pitti (greenwich village), kinda hoping kendall got the penne strascicate (me & tay also share an order of fettunta e prosciutto)

yeah shocky's favorite place to storm the floor (wearing a cal cap & clapping his hands at the bottom left of this video at the 10 second mark with my boy sammy singer dribbling out the clock in an epic once in a lifetime victory against a hometown crowd syracuse) is iconic/venerable madison square garden

tay wants her dad to move to nyc (life is not linear)#
Shocky1
for those wondering the lady walking 10 feet behind kendall is undoubtably her pa (personal assistant) & the 6'5" 300 lbs clean shaved head dude who looks like a trench worker for cal's monster offensive line who is 10 feet behind the pa is her personal bodyground (would be a fun summer gig for sioape)
Shocky1

colin inclusively reading greens with caddie jj jakovac#
Shocky1
southseasbear said:

Shocky1 said:

southseasbear said:

Shocky1 said:

sycasey, r u gonna say the same thing if chris street accepts his only current portal transfer offer to north alabama?
Chris Street would have been buried in the depth chart. If he wanted playing time, leaving was the right thing.

southseas, let me make sure ima understanding u correctly, r u saying that a kinda slow 5'9" running back who got less than a zero chance of ever earning a peso in the national football league made the rite move by not finishing his degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world after 2 & a half years of study in berkeley in order to ball out at north alabama?

using ur 100% insane academic advice the shockster should've foregone his phi beta kappa haas biz ad degree which has opened a million doors in life including playing the world's top 100 golf courses & advocacy for rescue animals here in maricopa county in order to transfer to the northern arizona school of bartending/lumberjacking in order to make the flagstaff golf team (which would've led to a career as the rental club concierge at the top golf in scottsdale)?

luv u man & its important to follow our dreams in life but sure as **** hope ur not a high school career counselor or something

high school teacher (in the break room): hey, did you hear the news, javian just passed up his full ride to harvard in order to follow his culinary dreams at the mcdonalds big mac institute in oak brook?

assistant principal (shaking his head): what the ****, when is southseasbear gonna retire?
Shocky - Not everyone has the same values. Do you know what Chris Street wants to do with his life? Perhaps he wants to be a football coach. If so, playing a couple more years of football will be good for his career, while a Cal degree (while wonderful) is not going to advance that career more than one from Northern Alabama (or whatever he winds up).

As George Harrison once sang: "It's all up to what you value, down to where you are."
https://instagr.am/p/CsrwzBuPBeW
open message to chris street (which will hopefully be forwarded to him by those close to him):

chris, life is not linear & we've all got our struggles, it's how we deal with these challenges that defines our lives

if you had stayed in berkeley you would be less than a year out from earning a degree & would've started the 2023 spring game (instead of andy alfieri at running back) but that's all water over the bridge now, gotta move on

very hopeful that after 7 months in the portal & no legit college football scholly offers that you will apply for readmission next week to berkeley for the fall semester...yeah your scholly is gone but you can still get a college loan for your final year plus of studies & make your moms proud & prepare yourself for a bright future

my promise to you is this, if you will do the work & graduate from berkeley with a diploma i will attend your graduation with a meaningful gift, ok?

Shocky1

congrats to all them college of san maeto fightin' benjis#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

news flash: regon & washington do not have big 10 offers & are not leaving the pac 12 conference

so who is the person behind the big 12's misinformation campaign that comes up with fake news that's repeated (with payments to him) by brett mcmurphy: the demise of the pac 12?

that would be one of the most alpha bad azz *****es on earth, meet karen brodkin who rivals the iraqi minister of information for making **** up, compounding problems is that brodkin wuz passed over for the pac 12 commissioner job in the last recruitment, she got zero ethics/moral compass

there are still apparently a lotta cal fans who got no clue how false information campaigns work in the 21st century

IMPLOSION is imminent, go to ur bomb shelter & take a dump#
Shocky1

whisper rock's ace (bar tab insurance)#
Shocky1

california golden bear on the prowl#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

juarezbear said:

Ugh. Hoping Collin can get his mojo back.

hollywood, the root of colin's upward trajectory issues right now is his putting, this could be solved in 10 seconds, ok?

morikawa consults with his trusted caddie jj jakovac (grew up in napa, won 2 ncca d11 individual titles at chico state) on all his shots (which has resulted in many beautiful mutually agreed upon decisions & leading the pga ball striking stats) but inexplicably wants to read the putting lines all by himself despite being a mediocre at best greensreader which is evidenced by his all too common of gesturing with his hands that the ball moved differently than he expected after yet another missed putt

yeah colin in sometimes a kinda dumb azz, he could win jack's memorial tournament this week (max homa opted out so he can attend his sister maddie's wedding at the san diego botanical garden) & be in a position to win the upcoming us open at los angeles country club if he would bring in jj to work together in reading the greens

https://instagr.am/p/CpwKAplNPNC
natural (not book smart) intelligence scale: koa>>kat>>>>shocky>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>plankton>>>>>>>>>>>>colin (nice jacket but ugly azz kicks bruh)#

what's the impetus for morikawa's insurrection?

1) colin is bringing jj on every putt to the extent that jakovac is reading putts on his belly on the wet azz greens in the detroit summertime rain...they consult on every other shot, it makes zero sense for them to not also collaborate on putts

2) colin's posture is now more upright & less slouchy (which is one of the benefits of a yoga/meditation practice), this is allowing him to rotate (clear his left side) thru the ball thereby ensuring his patented fade which takes out all the potential misses to the left

let's ******* go#

Shocky1
Shocky1

three way playoff with rickie & the canadian#
Shocky1
north scottsdale neighbor colt knost (cbs announcer/former pga player won the us amateur at the olympic lake back in the day) with the funny commentary "both colin morikawa & adam hadwin are gonna feel like the ohio state buckeyes playing at michigan's big house" in reference to all the understandable crowd luv for rickie as all 3 players head to the 18th hole for the sudden death playoff
DiabloWags
Fowler delivers his first victory in 1,610 days.
10 months ago, he was #185 in the world.

Dudes been playing some really great golf this year!
Am very happy for him and his family.

philbert
damn. didn't know tv coverage (even golf channel) is on tape delay.
DiabloWags
Yup.
Watching now.

At 2:00 PM PST they are on 16
Rickie just hit out of the rough.
Massive long put for Fowler.
Gets it within a foot of the hole.

Rickie's been struggling on the back 9.
Lots of drivesoff the tee into the rough.

3-way tie for the lead going into 17.
Morikawa, Fowler, Hadwin.
All at - 23

$1.58 million to the Winner.

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/B-w7lzrgF6M
willem, 100% that the lids competition is tuff, reality is that allison (who lived/trained for the olympics in phoenix after graduating from berkeley) is just tryna make me jealous (my twin bro is better than me at golf, ima better than him at yoga, it's all a ******* wash in my mind)

shut up, shocky#
https://instagr.am/p/CtrOebhL6Yq
congrats to fellow mutt of mixed descent/honorary california golden bear from murietta (same hometown as trench workers tj sessions & joshua stovall) rickie fowler, his lovely wife allison & their beautiful daughter maya (2050 cal women's golf team #1 ranked prospect on the big board)
Shocky1

wut up shawty???#

HoopDreams
Shocky1 said:

fluidity/movement for lefty sharpshooter after injury (note leg brace)#
Great to see Celestine back on the court and moving well. During the last miserable season, he was always engaged with the team, encouraging them, dishing advice to his teammates, etc.

The thing about that leg brace is it's just practice so it's probably precautionary. We'll see if he still wears it in games, or in games later in the season.

In the video, the 5th and 6th highlight shows gives me optimism.

The first highlights were half speed layups, simple passing drills, and catch and shooting drills

the 5th highlight was a step back which he did off of his injured leg. Step backs require a sudden stop and leg power to step back. Someone who can't move well because of an injury would not even be trying that move.

the 6th highlight was a strong drive to the basket against a physical Devon. Devon bodied him on the drive but Celestine absorbed the contact and layed it in. Again, that type of play tests a players' knee

Celestine had possibly the highest potential offensively and defensively of the past teams. Hopefully this team has enough depth to not play him while fatigued, and he can capture his potential

Celestine = Cal OG

4thGenCal
HoopDreams said:

Shocky1 said:

Great to see Celestine back on the court and moving well. During the last miserable season, he was always engaged with the team, encouraging them, dishing advice to his teammates, etc.

The thing about that leg brace is it's just practice so it's probably precautionary. We'll see if he still wears it in games, or in games later in the season.

The first highlights were half speed layups, simple passing drills, and catch and shooting drills

the 5th highlight was a step back which he did off of his injured leg. Step backs require a sudden stop and leg power to step back. Someone who can't move well because of an injury would not even be trying that move.

the 6th highlight was a strong drive to the basket against a physical Devon. Devon bodied him on the drive but Celestine absorbed the contact and layed it in. Again, that type of play tests a players' knee

Celestine had possibly the highest potential offensively and defensively of the past teams. Hopefully this team has enough depth to not play him while fatigued, and he can capture his potential

Celestine = Cal OG

He is getting his game/fitness back and his shot is very good. JC is not yet 100% though steadily getting stronger.
In the "way too early" PT projection (only limited on court Coaches teaching /to 4 hrs/week - rest is individual and team organized p/u etc) Jalen Cone, Keonte, J Tyson, Grant and Daws are the current players with the edge. JC and Devin are both in "improving health condition" and would not start "today". The rotation after the first 5 would be Devin(likely at the 2), Meadows(pt back up), JC and then ND (to spell Daws) Unlikely the remaining 3 have an impact this season (baring injury opportunities) However RB as a freshman has been impressing the upperclassmen with his agressiveness and not shying away from challenging guys offensively. However a lot will develop over the next 3 1/2 months, so PT while fun to surmise, is still mainly guessing. Jalen Cone is going to be fun to watch and Keonte brings length and shooting. Really excited for the upcoming season!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CYI_zCSqrox
transcript from a late breakfast (egg salad sandwich on sourdough, 32 oz green drink & apple slices) this morning at jj's deli in north scottsdale:

mr sun angel: really can't believe your ****, did you ask my wife last nite at whole foods why don't "i love them scared and frightened animal rescue doggys that live on the streets without a safety zone?"

shocky (munching on his food): i dunno, maybe

mr sun angel (handing over a 6 digit check in support of animal advocacy facilities in maricopa county): yeah, well thanks, so when i get home last night my wife is screaming at me and our daughter is crying because ima horrible person that doesn't care about "doggys"...do you have any sense of social cues or do you always just say whatever the **** you wanna say without any filtering of what might be appropriate or not?

shocky (putting the check in his pocket): sorry, ima gonna eat your pineapple if your not gonna eat it

mr sun angel (getting up to go & getting walked to his car): you really are a smelly berkeley hippie, you know that, don't you?...and thanks for paying for my "free" breakfast

silence as we walk into the parking lot

mr sun angel: what time tomorrow?

shocky: balls in the air at 7:00 am, no mulligans
mr silverleaf sun angel is a key player in asu's nil collective, he got direct communications/relationships with the athletic director ray anderson & to a slightly lesser extent chancellor michael crow

not gonna repeat everything he's told me but none of the pac 12 schools got any actionable offers or even meaningful promises to join the big 10, the big 10 chancellors don't want to dilute their piece of the pie in that their media partners will not pay commensurately more dollars for additional west coast schools...so all this **** ur reading about schools departing for the big 10 is just made up pr garbage engineered by berkeley grad karen brodkin at endeavor

and there's zero chance that the early frontrunner for berkeley's next chancellor when chancellor christ retires in june of 2024 san diego state's adela de la torre (3 berkeley degrees, runs a final four basketball program, frequent 10+ win football program with the new snapdragon stadium & a cost effective 17 sport teams) is gonna join an academic truck stop conference like the big 12 any more than the other pac 12 chancellors

the pac 12 media deal is gonna get done with linear games via the established players with streaming taking the rest of the portfolio with 10 schools voting in favor & probably more night games than most fans want to attend (shocky loves the electric atmosphere of memorial stadium at night plus it allows for rounds at corsica park, mayacama, san francisco golf club, etc. during daylight hours

the risk management enterprise game changer that could collapse cal athletics once and for all is not the new or old pac 12 commish, it's not potential state of california legislation (which will not get passed), it's james arthur knowlton's absolute mismanagement of cal athletics...his solution to the current financial crisis within the department is to borrow money from the central campus with a debt retirement date after his departure, he refuses to reduce costs with his empire of lazy azz bureaucrats & has to be arm twisted to spend money on the revenue sports which has severely limited their potential for greatness...his cfo tom lowry is slow playing my public records request for the financial terms of the most recent departmental loans

under the con artist in concert with this site, cal athletics is failing to develop future new fans/donors in any meaningful way like cal's monster class did back in the day, that's a death roll as old blues check out in alarming numbers

it's critical that chancellor christ must terminate knowlton & his #2 confidante jennifer simon-o'neil before she departs berkeley in june of 2024, maybe someday this site will have an article (instead of just a survey which revealed a 80%+ vote of no confidence for the con artist) detailing how the future of cal athletics is in play & that it got nothing to do with the conference alignment illusory smokeshow

what a $1,300,000+ salary buys these days in berkeley (andrew mcgraw for athletic director)#
HoopDreams
4th

Thanks for the insight. Your early projections make sense.

I didn't /don't expect Celestine to start. With his injury history I'm only hoping he can contribute as a rotation player, gain back strength, confidence in his knee, and slowly get back his explosiveness and overall game (offense and defense)

He's only a junior in playing years but I hope he returns in his senior year at full strength and return to the starting lineup and also team captain

Interesting about Askew. I don't know his injury but expected him to be almost 100% by now

4thGenCal said:

HoopDreams said:

Shocky1 said:

Celestine = Cal OG

He is getting his game/fitness back and his shot is very good. JC is not yet 100% though steadily getting stronger.
In the "way too early" PT projection (only limited on court Coaches teaching /to 4 hrs/week - rest is individual and team organized p/u etc) Jalen Cone, Keonte, J Tyson, Grant and Daws are the current players with the edge. JC and Devin are both in "improving health condition" and would not start "today". The rotation after the first 5 would be Devin(likely at the 2), Meadows(pt back up), JC and then ND (to spell Daws) Unlikely the remaining 3 have an impact this season (baring injury opportunities) However RB as a freshman has been impressing the upperclassmen with his agressiveness and not shying away from challenging guys offensively. However a lot will develop over the next 3 1/2 months, so PT while fun to surmise, is still mainly guessing. Jalen Cone is going to be fun to watch and Keonte brings length and shooting. Really excited for the upcoming season!
Shocky1

hoops, 100% agreed re: jalen celestine, he's got a smooth stroke & got the potential to score at all 3 levels...u make a great point about his gameday engagement, it wuz clear that multiple players were not even participating during time outs last season, they wuz checked out (kinda like the fanbase)

4th gen, appreciate the current summertime depth chart breakdown, ur the #1 insider for the coach madsen turnaround

to summarize, u appear to be indicating the current starting line up would be:

jalen cone at the 1 (will the 2 trapped in a 1 body take the strawberry outta the jam and make his teammates better with distribution/facilitation & build his next level market value?)
keonte kennedy at the 2 (the most underrated player on the roster, microwave shooting skillz with length to defend)
jaylon tyson at the 3 (plays physical with a strong all around game but no exceptional nba level skillz at this time in his development)
grant newell at the 4 (the future of cal basketball is gonna find out that it's a lot easier to stuff stats in garbage time losing blowouts than in the middle of the 2nd half of a tied game with arizona in tuscon)
fardaws aimaq at the 5 (mobile big man with an exceptional shooting touch, can he showcase to nba scouts greater +1 athleticism & durable season long health?)

rehabbing jalen celestine & devin askew (recruited by coach cal back in the day to kentucky, the son of a berkeley grad medical doctor moms gotta opportunity with improved coaching to realize that monster potential upside) along with mike meadows (like his confident **** you up swagger that wuz lacking on last season's roster) would be the 1st 3 guys off the bench

rodney brown (player comparison would be a less developed alan crabbe at the same time as true freshmen), nd okafor (gotta lotta upside as the daws back up, coach mad dog could be the best mentor of his life if he's 100% engaged in the process), devin curtis (daily s&c work along with protein style burgers from in & out is gonna be necessary to build up the skinny frame of the bouncy big) & coach lou richie's dragon monty bowser (gotta work on his crooked azz shooting mechanics) are all in development mode

randy, any additional thoughts/changes to this depth chart conversation?

https://instagr.am/p/BqtJdkZBA5t
it's pretty clear that other than actively engaged coach mad dog that's the staff's only elite/impact recruiter at this time is matt scherbenske who is the only coach with any prior berkeley affiliation (matt worked with coach montgomery back in the day)...matt wuz the lead recruiter on 2023 transfers jaylon tyson & fardaws aimaq & is the lead recruiter on multiple 2024 key prospects such as eric freeny & aiden sherrell who got an opportunity (that does not exist at places like westwood) to come in a be a go to starter as a true freshman...hopefully some of other coaches will gain traction with 2024 & 2025 prospects in the near future, honestly wuz surpassing that mark didn't hire coaches with past cal ties (realize he tried with rome but that family considerations blew up that deal)

the current 2023 roster of 12 scholly players is well situated for an exciting turnaround season but 2024 recruiting success will be the key to building a stronger platform of sustainable success moving forward into the future

last thought, just winning games will not create fan interest or sell out haas like it did during the cal's monster class era which successfully engaged new younger fans...allowing the students to attend games free like they do at san diego state against the wishes of obstructionist bureaucrat markeisha everrett needs to happen in order to establish gameday attendance patterns for students who are future season tix buyers/floor seat donors...everrett has also failed to implement any effective sales tixs campaigns that target bay area basketball fans (particularly those without any berkeley affiliations) & families that cannot afford golden state warriors tixs, cal basketball is a value play compared to the nba...recruiting an asian walk on that can ball out like brendan glapion would also be a wise move to engage a student population that is predominantly of asian descent

the magic of cal basketball (requires relentless recruiting & younger new fanbase energy)#

mbBear
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

news flash: regon & washington do not have big 10 offers & are not leaving the pac 12 conference

so who is the person behind the big 12's misinformation campaign that comes up with fake news that's repeated (with payments to him) by brett mcmurphy: the demise of the pac 12?

that would be one of the most alpha bad azz *****es on earth, meet karen brodkin who rivals the iraqi minister of information for making **** up, compounding problems is that brodkin wuz passed over for the pac 12 commissioner job in the last recruitment, she got zero ethics/moral compass

there are still apparently a lotta cal fans who got no clue how false information campaigns work in the 21st century

IMPLOSION is imminent, go to ur bomb shelter & take a dump#

"Payments to him?" You really want to go there?
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 285

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.