Transfer portal tally (updated list for Cal players leaving and those coming to Cal)

51,693 Views | 241 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bobodeluxe
tequila4kapp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bummer. I have been rooting for the Portland kid to do something.
SWarren958
General question to anyone who wants to answer. Is there any word about Cal trying to upgrade the QB position through the portal?

Cal has a lot of QBs on the roster but if Plummer is the best of the bunch that would not be a good sign.
calumnus
SWarren958 said:

General question to anyone who wants to answer. Is there any word about Cal trying to upgrade the QB position through the portal?

Cal has a lot of QBs on the roster but if Plummer is the best of the bunch that would not be a good sign.

Cal has 3 QBs on the roster? That is not a lot.

Spavital is just getting started but I would guess he will bring in a freshman QB and a transfer with Air Raid experience.
SWarren958
calumnus said:

SWarren958 said:

Spavital is just getting started but I would guess he will bring in a freshman QB and a transfer with Air Raid experience.
From the last time I looked at the roster, I thought Cal had about 5 QBs. Thank you for the correction.
calumnus
SWarren958 said:

calumnus said:

SWarren958 said:

From the last time I looked at the roster, I thought Cal had about 5 QBs. Thank you for the correction.

Well, no you are right, I was thinking "scholarship" but by "roster" we have;
1. Plummer
2. Millner
3. Mendoza

But also:
Johnson
Mitcheom
Jensen

I think the last three are walk-ons, but someone else would have to confirm.
oskidunker
Johnson, no
Go Bears!
cbbass1
If you think that we have it bad, check out Texas A&M (aTm) -- they currently have 25 players(!!) who have entered the Portal as of 12/14/2022!!
Bobodeluxe
cbbass1 said:

If you think that we have it bad, check out Texas A&M (aTm) -- they currently have 25 players(!!) who have entered the Portal as of 12/14/2022!!
That's a lot of NIL cash left on the table. The laundry will have to be cleaned, and altered.
Deutsch
Washington loses only QB commit when its 4* guy flips to Ohio State. Point is, this stuff happens to everyone.
SWarren958
cbbass1 said:

Ouch!!!! That Has Got To Hurt!!!!
SWarren958
Well, I see the few players that Cal has gotten through the transfer portal to this point happen to be on the defensive side of the ball. I will take a moment so that everyone can get over the shock of that statement.

OK, we need to elect someone to tell Coach Wilcox that there are actually three aspects to American football and not just one.

Cal needs a QB and an offensive line. They may have some receivers but it is hard to tell because there is no one on the roster who can get them the ball.

In Short. Help!!!!!
Rushinbear
SWarren958 said:

Well, I see the few players that Cal has gotten through the transfer portal to this point happen to be on the defensive side of the ball. I will take a moment so that everyone can get over the shock of that statement.

OK, we need to elect someone to tell Coach Wilcox that there are actually three aspects to American football and not just one.

Cal needs a QB and an offensive line. They may have some receivers but it is hard to tell because there is no one on the roster who can get them the ball.

In Short. Help!!!!!
Next 2 weekends are said to have some OL help, but not many.

Weren't we close on qb Parsons? Hate to be morbid, but he would seem to be a decommit candidate, esp with the TN TE who's committed.
AEM80
Rushinbear said:

SWarren958 said:

In Short. Help!!!!!

Weren't we close on qb Parsons? Hate to be morbid, but he would seem to be a decommit candidate, esp with the TN TE who's committed.
A little bit overdramatic. It's not like they're not pursuing players on the offensive side of the ball, and some are visiting this weekend. They need players on both sides of the ball, and I like the additions in the defensive backfield. The defense was average at best last season. I think all three will be immediate contributors. A better secondary might allow them to play more aggressively, and it will certainly allow them to play more man to man.
DavisBear
Ben Coleman to ASU
Rushinbear
AEM80 said:

Rushinbear said:

SWarren958 said:

In Short. Help!!!!!

A little bit overdramatic. It's not like they're not pursuing players on the offensive side of the ball, and some are visiting this weekend. They need players on both sides of the ball, and I like the additions in the defensive backfield. The defense was average at best last season. I think all three will be immediate contributors. A better secondary might allow them to play more aggressively, and it will certainly allow them to play more man to man.
We should have at least 6 OL visits.
Big C
SWarren958 said:

In Short. Help!!!!!

Yes, if he doesn't know this (above), someone should definitely inform him. I nominate you. Actually, there might not have to be an election. Just reach him by phone or email.
SWarren958
AEM80 said:

Rushinbear said:

SWarren958 said:

In Short. Help!!!!!

Me over dramatic???? Good Sir I have no idea what you mean!!!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio." As I (with incredible flair throw my head back) and exit stage right!!!
Blueblood
SWarren958 said:

AEM80 said:

Rushinbear said:

SWarren958 said:

In Short. Help!!!!!

Me over dramatic???? Good Sir I have no idea what you mean!!!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio." As I (with incredible flair throw my head back) and exit stage right!!!
Bravo! I really liked and enjoyed your response SWarren958
hbear777
Terry did not forget how to catch, we saw his "special" use as the third triplet , 22 yrd pass for a 3 yrd gain TE screen against the sideline. He caught those fine.

Maybe he will blossom if used in a totally unique way to modern fball: play action to Ott and throw over the attacking LB's to an inline 260 lb fleet TE. Maybe even every other play...

All suffered as that was too easy for the ego of Musgrave, obviously
JB was a Chieftain
hbear777 said:

Terry did not forget how to catch, we saw his "special" use as the third triplet , 22 yrd pass for a 3 yrd gain TE screen against the sideline. He caught those fine.

Maybe he will blossom if used in a totally unique way to modern fball: play action to Ott and throw over the attacking LB's to an inline 260 lb fleet TE. Maybe even every other play...

I can't help but think of the play the 49ers just ran. Fake screen left to Ott. Fake screen right to JMike. Terry wide open down the middle for TD
joe amos yaks
SWarren958 said:

Well, I see the few players that Cal has gotten through the transfer portal to this point happen to be on the defensive side of the ball. I will take a moment so that everyone can get over the shock of that statement ...

In Short. Help!!!!!
Offense, defense, and special teams.
No more square footballs.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
DavisBear
Nick Alftin DL to portal
KoreAmBear
DavisBear said:

Nick Alftin DL to portal

He was TE:

Good luck Nick. He'll be a grad transfer.
cbbass1
cbbass1 said:

12/20/2022: 26 and counting....!
cbbass1
JB was a Chieftain said:

hbear777 said:

I can't help but think of the play the 49ers just ran. Fake screen left to Ott. Fake screen right to JMike. Terry wide open down the middle for TD
THAT'S how it's done!

Too. Many. Weapons.
sonofabear51
And actually use them effectively.
KoreAmBear
Yessir

KoreAmBear
Woo hoo

Pls post other portal transfer signees today. Hopefully I can't keep up.
SWarren958
I will take all of the defensive players Cal can get but I am still hoping for a quarterback or two, or three.
KoreAmBear
Jack Plummer:

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/jack-plummer-enters-transfer-portal
GoCal80
Kai Milner

oski003
Are we finally going to run the triple option???
wifeisafurd
FWIW, in his presser yesterday, Wilcox said there would be 20 to 25 new players between the new high school class, which currently is around 10 guys, but could get larger. That leaves 10 to 15 new Portal players, less any new high schoolers. The bottom line is the recruiting season has barely started. Cal already has Cardwell, Moore, LIttejohn (JC), Williams. and Allen, so there could be 5 to 10 more players coming Most I assume offense. Wilcox said there also are few more unannounced guys leaving, primarily grad Portal transfers. In looking what is going on with a lot of teams, this is now part of the roster rebuild process in conjunction with high school recruiting. It is a new age.
KoreAmBear
DoubtfulBear
KoreAmBear said:

Awesome, a 4-8 P5 team can reload with the starting QB from a 4-8 G5 team

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.