Remembering lines from movies isolation points

25,092 Views | 325 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by pasadenaorbust
GivemTheAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pasadenaorbust said:

GivemTheAxe said:

piemelon said:

"I don't trust people who don't have someone in their family living on a chassis."
An old southern movie, forgot which

Maybe a Booth
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like Victory"
Robert DuVall, Apocalypse Now

Not sure if anyone mentioned the Hot Shots films. One of my favorite quotes is a throw away line:
"what do you do with an elephant with three balls? Walk him and pitch to the rhino?"

Thanks for the "assist".
I am a child of the 20th Century who has been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.
I am not tech-savvy enough to be able to link the appropriate YouTube clip into my post.
Good job in finding it and linking it.
Hot Shots (1&2) among my favorite movies.
smh
please don't tell anybody the secret Givem but its really reallly easy. just copy your browser's url from the youtube you're watching, cut/paste it into bear insider's compose window, and then Save post, and you're done. or add more thinky bits ahead or behind vid to add context.

dunno if sharing youtube vids are special case but it doesn't much matter since tubies are far and away the most common.

a minor twist i haven't solved (safari browser) is linking a vid in progress, instead of just at the front.

#gobears
muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
pasadenaorbust
GivemTheAxe said:

pasadenaorbust said:

GivemTheAxe said:

piemelon said:

"I don't trust people who don't have someone in their family living on a chassis."
An old southern movie, forgot which

Maybe a Booth
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like Victory"
Robert DuVall, Apocalypse Now

Not sure if anyone mentioned the Hot Shots films. One of my favorite quotes is a throw away line:
"what do you do with an elephant with three balls? Walk him and pitch to the rhino?"

Thanks for the "assist".
I am a child of the 20th Century who has been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century.
I am not tech-savvy enough to be able to link the appropriate YouTube clip into my post.
Good job in finding it and linking it.
Hot Shots (1&2) among my favorite movies.
Oh...all on the same page here...jump in to help me out, too.
smh
ummm, all better now?
pasadenaorbust
Blueblood

"Hey, where can I get a BigMac?"
pasadenaorbust
smh said:

ummm, all better now?
pasadenaorbust
pasadenaorbust
"Klaatu Barada Nikto"

smh
pasadenaorbust said:

"Klaatu Barada Nikto"
<youtubey link here>
full text of the (muuch better) 1940 short, split in 3 parts, authorized and totally free archived on the internets here:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140727101426/http://thenostalgialeague.com/olmag/bates-farewell-to-the-master.html

cutting to the chase (HUUGE SPOILERS WARNING GOES HEE)..
Quote:

"Gnut," he said earnestly, holding carefully the limp body in his arms, "you must do one thing for me. Listen carefully. I want you to tell your master the master yet to come that what happened to the first Klaatu was an accident, for which all Earth is immeasurably sorry. Will you do that?"

"I have known it," the robot answered gently.

"But will you promise to tell your master just those words as soon as he is arrived?"

"You misunderstand," said Gnut, still gently, and quietly spoke four more words. As Cliff heard them a mist passed over his eyes and his body went numb.

As he recovered and his eyes came back to focus he saw the great ship disappear. It just suddenly was not there anymore. He fell back a step or two. In his ears, like great bells, rang Gnut's last words. Never, never was he to disclose them til the day he came to die.

"You misunderstand," the mighty robot had said. "I am the master."
pasadenaorbust
pasadenaorbust
Because it's the 45th anniversary of the release of Jaws this week...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.