Remembering lines from movies isolation points

25,088 Views | 325 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by pasadenaorbust
pasadenaorbust
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Your German is good. And I hear also your French.Your arms...up!"

bearister
pasadenaorbust said:

"Your German is good. And I hear also your French.Your arms...up!"

Watched your clip and recognized the German officer that arrests Richard Attenborough in the last scene. He played the German tank commander in Kelly's Heroes a few years later (Karl Otto Alberty, b. 1933)

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Civil Bear
I can't believe these haven't been mentioned yet:

Go ahead, make my day

and

I drink your Milkshake!

and from one of the most quotable movies ever:

Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash

and

I feel the need - the need for speed!

And my favorite line from TV:

The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli.

Okay, a couple more classics from the most quotable of quotable TV shows ever:

Missed it by THAT much!

and

Sorry about that Chief!

HoopDreams
A relevant movie quote for the day

There's no place like home
bearister
Anton Chigurh: 1958. It's been traveling twenty-two years to get here. And now it's here. And it's either heads or tails. And you have to say. Call it.
Gas Station Proprietor: Look, I need to know what I stand to win.
Anton Chigurh: Everything.

Wendell: Well, it's a mess... ain't it sherrif?
Sheriff Ed Tom Bell: If it ain't, it'll do till the mess gets here.

pasadenaorbust
bearister said:

Watched your clip and recognized the German officer that arrests Richard Attenborough in the last scene. He played the German tank commander in Kelly's Heroes a few years later (Karl Otto Alberty, b. 1933)

That's pretty good to catch that...here's another actor that surprised with his versatility of roles and span of years.

"Big bait catches big rat"

The actor playing the evil Silas Barnaby here in the 1934 March of the Wooden Soldiers is a very young Henry Brandon. He also played Scar, the Comanche chief in the 1956 film The Searchers.

bearister
...and then there is Hall of Fame for Psychotic German Officers charter member, Derren Nesbitt as Col. Von Hapen in Where Eagles Dare:

pasadenaorbust
"in the heat of battle, my Father wove a tapestry of obscenity that as far as we know, is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan."

edg64
GivemTheAxe said:

edg64 said:

Badges? Badges!! I don't have to show no Stinkin Badges

Do you think sex is dirty? I guess it is if you do it right

Slight correction: "I don't have to show you no stinking badges"

Back at you

How about: "We don't need no stinking(stinkin') badges

smh
2008 felicia day / penny's, below..
muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
AunBear89
bearister said:

...and then there is Hall of Fame for Psychotic German Officers charter member, Derren Nesbitt as Col. Von Hapen in Where Eagles Dare:

German tank commander : I have orders. This bank isn't to fall into the hands of the American army.
Kelly : Sergeant, this bank's not gonna fall into the hands of the American army. It's gonna fall in our hands. You see, we're just a private enterprise operation.
German tank commander : You... the American army!
Oddball : No, baby, we ain't.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Fyght4Cal
pasadenaorbust said:

"Who are you?"

"My name is Pus*sy Galore."

"I must be dreaming."

RIP Honor Blackman, who passed away last week

Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
pasadenaorbust
"Do you mean to tell me Katie Scarlett O'Hara, that Tara, that land doesn't mean anything to you? Why, land is the only thing in the world worth workin' for, worth fightin' for, worth dyin' for, because it's the only thing that lasts."

pasadenaorbust
"A stack of wheat cakes, with lotsa...melted butter...and maple syrup. And fry me, mmmm...fry me...three, four, five eggs with a mess of sausages and a mountain of white toast with strawberry marmalade and...and keep the coffee coming."

bearister
Lt. Briggs (Hal Holbrook): "Looks like someone just saved the taxpayers a lot of money." [After looking into a car full of dead mobsters] Magnum Force

Fyght4Cal
"Go get the butter!"

Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
pasadenaorbust
"Good night, my love, your teddy bear called it...a day"

pasadenaorbust
"Yes sir, I don't know when I've had a roast, we've been having squirrels and rabbits lately."

"What in the Sam Hill are you doing? But Atticus...he's gone and drowneded his dinner in syrup and now he's pouring it all over."

bearister
Fyght4Cal said:

"Go get the butter!"

...and I always thought it was margarine.
pasadenaorbust
"Hey bud, whatya doing up there? Hey you! What are you doing in that airplane?"

pasadenaorbust
"Run Toto, run!"

"Catch him, you fool!"

"Run Toto, run! Run Toto, run!"

"He got away! He got away!"
pasadenaorbust
bearister
Dr. Strangelove: I would not rule out the chance to preserve a nucleus of human specimens. It would be quite easy...heh, heh...at the bottom of ah...some of our deeper mineshafts. Radioactivity would never penetrate a mine some thousands of feet deep, and in a matter of weeks, sufficient improvements in drilling space could easily be provided.

Muffley: How long would you have to stay down there?

Dr. Strangelove: ...I would think that uh, possibly uh...one hundred years...It would not be difficult Mein Fuehrer! Nuclear reactors could, heh...I'm sorry, Mr. President. Nuclear reactors could provide power almost indefinitely. Greenhouses could maintain plant life. Animals could be bred and slaughtered. A quick survey would have to be made of all the available mine sites in the country, but I would guess that dwelling space for several hundred thousands of our people could easily be provided.

Muffley: Well, I, I would hate to have to decide...who stays up and...who goes down.

Dr. Strangelove: Well, that would not be necessary, Mr. President. It could easily be accomplished with a computer. And a computer could be set and programmed to accept factors from youth, health, sexual fertility, intelligence, and a cross-section of necessary skills. Of course, it would be absolutely vital that our top government and military men be included to foster and impart the required principles of leadership and tradition. Naturally, they would breed prodigiously, eh? There would be much time, and little to do. Ha, ha. But ah, with the proper breeding techniques and a ratio of say, ten females to each male, I would guess that they could then work their way back to the present Gross National Product within say, twenty years.

Muffley: Wouldn't this nucleus of survivors be so grief-stricken and anguished that they'd, well, envy the dead and not want to go on living?

Dr. Strangelove: When they go down into the mine, everyone would still be alive. There would be no shocking memories, and the prevailing emotion will be one of nostalgia for those left behind, combined with a spirit of bold curiosity for the adventure ahead! [involuntarily gives the Nazi salute and forces it down with his other hand]Ahhh!

Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious...service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Russian Ambassador: I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.

pasadenaorbust
bearister said:

Dr. Strangelove: I would not rule out the chance to preserve a nucleus of human specimens. It would be quite easy...heh, heh...at the bottom of ah...some of our deeper mineshafts. Radioactivity would never penetrate a mine some thousands of feet deep, and in a matter of weeks, sufficient improvements in drilling space could easily be provided.

Muffley: How long would you have to stay down there?

Dr. Strangelove: ...I would think that uh, possibly uh...one hundred years...It would not be difficult Mein Fuehrer! Nuclear reactors could, heh...I'm sorry, Mr. President. Nuclear reactors could provide power almost indefinitely. Greenhouses could maintain plant life. Animals could be bred and slaughtered. A quick survey would have to be made of all the available mine sites in the country, but I would guess that dwelling space for several hundred thousands of our people could easily be provided.

Muffley: Well, I, I would hate to have to decide...who stays up and...who goes down.

Dr. Strangelove: Well, that would not be necessary, Mr. President. It could easily be accomplished with a computer. And a computer could be set and programmed to accept factors from youth, health, sexual fertility, intelligence, and a cross-section of necessary skills. Of course, it would be absolutely vital that our top government and military men be included to foster and impart the required principles of leadership and tradition. Naturally, they would breed prodigiously, eh? There would be much time, and little to do. Ha, ha. But ah, with the proper breeding techniques and a ratio of say, ten females to each male, I would guess that they could then work their way back to the present Gross National Product within say, twenty years.

Muffley: Wouldn't this nucleus of survivors be so grief-stricken and anguished that they'd, well, envy the dead and not want to go on living?

Dr. Strangelove: When they go down into the mine, everyone would still be alive. There would be no shocking memories, and the prevailing emotion will be one of nostalgia for those left behind, combined with a spirit of bold curiosity for the adventure ahead! [involuntarily gives the Nazi salute and forces it down with his other hand]Ahhh!

Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn't that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious...service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Russian Ambassador: I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.

A lot of work there...but brilliant. Here you go...

If you watch closely, Peter Bull, who plays the Russian ambassador, has to hold back from laughing when Peter Sellers is having his struggles in the chair.
kirklandblue
In all of moviedom, is there a better name than "Turgidson"?
bearister

wifeisafurd
bearister said:

Do I amuse you? --- Tommy DeVito.
OdontoBear66
"I want to say just one word to you....Just one word"

Benjamin: "Yes, sir."

Mr. McGuire: "Are you listening?"

Benjamin: "Yes, I am."

Mr. McGuire: "Plastics."

Benjamin: "Just how do you mean that, sir."
pasadenaorbust
"Would you please make your selection and leave."

"I have."

"What do you want to take out?"

"The librarian."

pasadenaorbust
"That's Chinese. What do they know?"

UrsaMajor
kirklandblue said:

In all of moviedom, is there a better name than "Turgidson"?
Colonel Bat Guano?
JSC 76
AunBear89 said:

I am a river to my people.
I used this line whenever I gave my kids a quarter.
JSC 76
59bear said:

From True Grit: New Pepper: "I call that bold talk from a one-eyed fatten". Rooster Cogburn: "Fill your hand!"
It's not a famous quote, but my favorite lines from True Grit (I think it's in both versions, but definitely in the Coen Brothers): the Texas Ranger is warning the others to conserve water, and saying how he once had to drink water from a muddy hoof print. To which Rooster Cogburn retorts: "If I ever meet a Texas Ranger who *didn't* drink from a muddy hoof print, I'll shake his hand and buy him a Daniel Webster cigar."
bearister
After 3 viewings of the film I have arrived at my favorite quote:

pasadenaorbust
"and King Phillip looked over and he said: 'Son, if you can ride that horse, you can have that horse.' "

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.