Remembering lines from movies isolation points

25,081 Views | 325 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by pasadenaorbust
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
in a matinee under 10 years old me loved Mister Roberts (esp lemon's freak-out) and turns out it's still magical today. anyways, thanks for the memories POB.
muting 301 handles, turnaround is fair play
pasadenaorbust
smh said:

in a matinee under 10 years old me loved Mister Roberts (esp lemon's freak-out) and turns out it's still magical today. anyways, thanks for the memories POB.
A great movie there...yes...and a nice memory. I'm starting to run out of movies with great quotes that come to mind quickly...but I'm working on it still.
SFCityBear
pasadenaorbust said:

"Who wants that sh*t more!"

Great job, Pasadena. I think you have officially rescued the thread from the moderator's knife or scissors.
pasadenaorbust
SFCityBear said:

pasadenaorbust said:

Great job, Pasadena. I think you have officially rescued the thread from the moderator's knife or scissors.
I have to tell a quick story on the DeSean video, SF. When we went to the Tennessee game in Knoxville...we had this Volunteer fan (although I know we have some nice ones who visit our board here), but every time he went up and down the stairs past us (as we were sitting on the aisle) he kept chirping at us. Maybe he felt emboldened because there was a police officer standing right next to us, but he didn't let up for most of the first half...sometimes turning around at us from below. Finally, I just said...I'll see you in Berkeley next year, pal.

So DeSean Jackson could become a Stanfurd fan, and he'd still have a free pass with me.
SFCityBear
pasadenaorbust said:

SFCityBear said:

pasadenaorbust said:

I have to tell a quick story on the DeSean video, SF. When we went to the Tennessee game in Knoxville...we had this Volunteer fan (although I know we have some nice ones who visit our board here), but every time he went up and down the stairs past us (as we were sitting on the aisle) he kept chirping at us. Maybe he felt emboldened because there was a police officer standing right next to us, but he didn't let up for most of the first half...sometimes turning around at us from below. Finally, I just said...I'll see you in Berkeley next year, Pal.

So DeSean Jackson could become a Stanfurd fan, and he'd still have a free pass with me.
Good story. There is justice in this world, sometimes.
pasadenaorbust
Baby don't sweat it, you're not cut out to hold a job
Better forget it, who wants their hair done by a slob

pasadenaorbust
"What's your name kid?"

"Caruso!"

AunBear89
Ma Joad : Then what, Tom?
Tom Joad : Then it don't matter. I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready, and when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build - I'll be there, too.
Ma Joad : I don't understand it, Tom.
Tom Joad : Me, neither, Ma, but - just somethin' I been thinkin' about.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
pasadenaorbust
smh
behind the scenes conservative 20th century fox was very reluctant to greenlight the project.
Quote:

[screenplay writer Johnson] ..In the novel, the relatively benevolent government camp is the first place the Joad family stays, and they go steadily downhill from there. The trajectory is reversed in the story, so that although they're on the road again at the end facing an uncertain future, there is some sense of hope..

Johnson again.. "There had to be some ray of hope, something that would keep the people who saw it from going out and getting so drunk in utter despondency that they couldn't tell other people that it was a good picture to see. Steinbeck agreed on the necessity for a more hopeful ending."

> Tom Joad : Me, neither, Ma, but - just somethin' I been thinkin' about.

personal overshare: when grapes was filming dad was 12, the youngest of 4 semi-orphaned oakie brothers ditched in needles, where parts of GofW were set. # the good old days
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032551/locations

one more memory, sorry: a lil bit after christmas the family's packed to gills pickup was cutting through so-cal, then got stuck in some reallly slow traffic. that's right, in the Rose Parade, till cut out of the herd.

Chapman_is_Gone
This thread has some serious legs. I think it might go the distance.
pasadenaorbust
"Well...talk about bad taste!"

pasadenaorbust
"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out."

pasadenaorbust
"The Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world."

piemelon
From TV. Cheating but worth it
"If you're looking for trouble you just found the west coast distributor"
Robert Culp line in TV series Great American Hero
"With God as my witness I thought turkeys could fly"
WKRP in Cinncinati
pasadenaorbust
"Sanctuary! Sanctuary!"

smh
gotta be careful about bad words..
in a tell all book by a discharged veteran, right after ww2 ended, employed at a gas station in hollywood, and very popular on "dates" to wild parties, turns out some celebrities had some really reallly bad grooming habits.
# RIP, unrepentant Scotty Bowers (1923 - 2019)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2773246
Quote:

Critics' Choice Documentary Awards 2018:
Winner of the Award "Most Compelling Living Subject"
piemelon
"I don't trust people who don't have someone in their family living on a chassis."
An old southern movie, forgot which

Maybe a Booth
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like Victory"
Robert DuVall, Apocalypse Now
pasadenaorbust
"Bones! Whatsamatta for you Joe I break a you face!"

GivemTheAxe
piemelon said:

"I don't trust people who don't have someone in their family living on a chassis."

Maybe a Booth

Not sure if anyone mentioned the Hot Shots films. One of my favorite quotes is a throw away line:
"what do you do with an elephant with three balls? Walk him and pitch to the rhino?"
pasadenaorbust
GivemTheAxe said:

piemelon said:

Maybe a Booth

Not sure if anyone mentioned the Hot Shots films. One of my favorite quotes is a throw away line:
"what do you do with an elephant with three balls? Walk him and pitch to the rhino?"
pasadenaorbust
pasadenaorbust
"You are very difficult woman!"

pasadenaorbust
As mentioned in an earlier post, George Lucas was inspired by The Searchers to recreate similar scenes in his Star Wars trilogy. He was also inspired by the 1955 film The Dam Busters for his climatic battle scene.

pasadenaorbust
"Some things in life are bad...they can really make you mad."

pasadenaorbust
"It's showtime!"

"That...is why I won't do two shows in a night anymore, babe. I won't, I won't do it."

Don't leave us now bearister, SFCityBear, smh, upsetof86, bears. We can make it to July...I think. Maybe.
smh
pasadenaorbust said:

Don't leave us now bearister, SFCityBear, smh, upsetof86, bears.
to be or not to be post that is the question,, yada yada.

lil bit and "i'll be baack", recharged all the way up to 11.
# weekends R4 us

pasadenaorbust
The quotes aren't from this scene, but from some comments made on this performance...

"That awkward moment when you realize Dorothy Gale was hot."

"You know, if church was like this when I was growing up, I might not have hated it so much."
Chapman_is_Gone
edg64 said:

UrsaMajor said:

Sebastabear said:

I use "what we have here is a failure to communicate" (with the obligatory southern accent) all the time. Mostly draws blank looks unless you are of a "certain age".

Showing my lowbrow nature, my other favorites generally draw from 70s / 80s comedies

- Zero point zero (Mr. Blutarzky)
- Convicted? Never convicted
- Morons, your bus is leaving
- I love this plan, I'm excited to be a part of it. (which my friends usually follow with "See you on the other side Ray")

If you're gonna go w/ Blutarzky, you gotta include "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
Should this thread be moved to Off Topic
If they move this thread off topic, they better do the same with that damn Giants vs. Dodgers thread.
pasadenaorbust
pasadenaorbust
pasadenaorbust
smh
back to the future, ohh yeah. downside as many remember is how ever since then lead Michael J Fox has been surviving with Parkinsons,, 30 tough years.

and yet he's part of the main cast of last year's indie critics choice sleeper ironically named "see you yesterday" (get it?). SYY is high on my imdb Must See list, um, with a couple or three thousand other Right Away gems.
smh
cough, (JT -- scientologist) Cough COUGH

Welcome Back Kotter repeating gag.. "up your nose with a rubber hose!" a-ha-ha-haa
.........................................................................................................sarcasm alert.....^^^

and well earned #16 worst movie of all time at imdb Battlefield Earth.

pasadenaorbust

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.