cal's monster mad dog

201,384 Views | 1003 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Econ141
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ktown, appreciate ur kind words on the jovanni ruff thread but it appears that the current direction of the cal basketball program is morphing into an unrecognizable PRIVATE senior citizen party for a bunch of old white (and a couple of jewish) guys & if that's the case the monster is gonna be watching that **** from further afar

hoop dreams=doggy dad of the year

but make no mistake about it partner, there's still a lotta work to be done, the future is unknowable & unlimited

the magic of cal basketball needs to be INCLUSIVE (including those with no berkeley affiliations) in order to grow the currently aging fanbase & bring younger donors into the cal basketball forever family & successfully recruit mcdonalds all americans to play in a nba system on electrically charged sold out gamedays, that's not happening right now

offering free tixs to all student for every game would be a major step in the right direction in restoring the roar at haas as would be recruiting an asian walk on...elite recruits wanna read fun fans message boards that talk about them

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked PUBLIC (everyone is ******* invited to the party) university in the world (including yuma & ibiza)
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CwQ-XiBhjjU
visited during halftime with 4th gen bear's guest starting point guard jalen cone who is a fun, fiercely focused & determined young man that will be an outstanding ambassador for cal basketball during his year in berkeley

jalen tole me that coach madsen will run a usual playing rotation of 7-8 players in marquee matchups with him playing 35+ minutes but that will expand to a 10-12 playing rotation in less competitive preseason & conference games with him playing 28+ minutes...we talked about flagstaff (elevation 7000) & its impact upon physical conditioning, mark has already noted jalen's excellent cardio stamina

huge kudos to jalen for not playing video games like many of his teammates, he'd rather play his guitar (we actually talked about black artists in country & western music) & sleep (tole him ima sofa king too)...his roommate at the basketball house is bishop o'dowd's monty bowser

asked cone whose improved the most during summer/fall practices...jaylen is very diplomatic but noted that grant newell has made significant strides forward in his game including his kinda suspect shooting from last season

jalen laughed re: my question of the toughest defender & tole me that serbian vladimir pavlovic literally lives in his jersey with physicality during practices, vlad gotta lotta jorge in his game

the monster is always real with everybody so shocky tole jalen that in watching him against asu last winter in tempe that i wuz not impressed with his hero ball & the ball sticking in his hands...too much strawberry in that jam...jaylen understood my scouting report (and skillset feedback from asu's bobby hurley who works out with me at the village in north scottsdale) & we both agreed that when a mid major plays a power five conference team that the star player (in this case cone) gets double teamed the whole game as the opponent is not gonna let him beat them & the reality the rest of the lumberjacks lineup wuz not skilled or +1 athletic

lastly we had some honest talk about his beautiful daughter, his girlfriend (a curvy brunette latina yoga female from san diego that plays soccer for nau) & his baby mama...he's doing a great job of balancing his personal life

jalen cone=+1 athletic respected leader of a 20+ win california golden bear basketball program
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CwdSoT2P59y
hoop dreams & the monster visited with coach madsen in the tunnel during the football team's cannon blast run out to the field, mark yelled at his wife to make sure she got their small kids outta the way to make sure they didn't get trampled in the hyped up atmosphere

asked mark about an asian walk on for the upcoming season, there wuz 2 ballers that stood out at the open tryouts for walk ons...coach gave us details re: recruitment of mike sharavjamts who ultimately signed with them university of san francisco dons

we also discussed the importance of building a sold out hostile homeport venue & building a pipeline of future season tix holders/donors by offering all students tixs to every game at our haas

mark is 100% supportive of offering free tixs to all student at every home game at haas & tole us that he's working on that

unless mad dog pushes this hard there's zero chance this actually gonna happen with our absentee athletic director who is more worried about food service in the esp sections & his marketing director markeisha everrett who is an absolutely worthless bureaucrat who actually tole me before the game that she thinks students should be able to afford the $125 season pass (they can't), that she's happy with the tixs sold/attendance numbers for football & basketball & that she will not consider any free students tixs as a future investment for cal's revenue sports

speaking to markeisha everett is kinda like talking to the dumbest person you've ever met in your life except that she's also arrogant...she will no doubt place the race card for her employment but the reality is that she's 100% unqualified to sell tixs/build the brand in berkeley

lastly asked everett that with the potential $10,000,000+ financial shortfall in the athletic department will she consider reducing the size of her bloated 11 person communications dept (which is kinda ironic since the con artist refuses all interview requests) & she tole me "absolutely not, we have 30 teams that need coverage"
HoopDreams
Got to speak to Coach Madsen before the game. I called out "Coach" across the way, but someone from Cal went up to him at the same time.

But after he was done talking to the Cal guy, he came over to me with his young child on his shoulders. What a genuine guy who went out of his way to talk to some random guy

And while I was in the tunnel I saw this shadowy figure with a cleverly placed field pass to disguise his identity

BeachedBear
The comments about Everett and the communications border on criminal....

It is criminal fraud that she and that department continue to extort compensation from the Cal AD. They are worse than incompetent.

This is the same staff that sent 3 different people to tell me to stop badgering Knowlton about the basketball program (while Fox was coach). JK didn't want to hear about it and thinks donors that want something in return for donations are bad for college sports. All I wanted was some explanations and assurances that he was aware of the depth of the problem. I wasn't asking for favors.

Knowlton and every person I've ever engaged with in the Cal AD need to be terminated ASAP. Other than begging for my money, they have not treated me or my friends well for at least 4 years.
calumnus
BeachedBear said:

The comments about Everett and the communications border on criminal....

It is criminal fraud that she and that department continue to extort compensation from the Cal AD. They are worse than incompetent.

This is the same staff that sent 3 different people to tell me to stop badgering Knowlton about the basketball program (while Fox was coach). JK didn't want to hear about it and thinks donors that want something in return for donations are bad for college sports. All I wanted was some explanations and assurances that he was aware of the depth of the problem. I wasn't asking for favors.

Knowlton and every person I've ever engaged with in the Cal AD need to be terminated ASAP. Other than begging for my money, they have not treated me or my friends well for at least 4 years.

At the same time Knowlton was telling the parents of swimmers, rightly upset because their daughters were being abused, that he only meets with donors. But yes, he should have said, donors that just give him their money and don't ask for anything in return. That way he can just commute from Colorado Springs and collect his $1.3 million salary without actually doing anything or being answerable to anyone. He was just a horrible, horrible hire but his 8 year extension to 2029, five years after the person that gave him that contract retires, is criminal.

That is why I think Cal athletics ideally should be outsourced to an alumni run organization with professional sports managers, fully answerable to its donor shareholders. Maybe the impending budget disaster will be the catalyst? Unlikely I know, and If Shocky's preferred candidates for chancellor and AD come to pass probably not necessary, at least in the short run. As long as Knowlton gets shown the door.

ktownbear83
Calumnus, your suggestion to outsource the Athletic Dept. to an alumni group is making more and more sense.

Especially now. This past year - right through Colorado's resurgence - shows that for the revenue sports it's either go big, and go all in, or go home, forego all that revenue, and just play what ever club sports you can muster. Any one who cannot see this has no business being any part of it. Same for anyone who cannot perceive in general terms the additional revenue and other benefits that top-level (competing for championships) revenue-sports tems will bring in. We don't quite have them yet, and the school will have to invest to get them.

And what's the easier way to pay off that stadium? Packed houses (with discounted tickets as need be, to start), or reversion to the old half-full, at best? Which makes for more compelling TV, and logically, higher TV revenue over time? This is not rocket science.

So there should be some sense of urgency and reason for reset, right now. Because this year, right now, will set the trajectory for recruiting and for future sucess. Madsen's hire was almost serendipitously timed to just blow away old expectations for that program. The football team is better, and so close. Ron Rivera and the NIL group just showed something. There is huge renewed interest here. Exhibit A: shocky, the ultimate insider who knows everyone, plays golf with most of them, but god help you if you can't see the value of taking steps to get fans to the games. I don't know who shocky is but I'd expect to see a picture next to the dictionary definition of "impassioned."

The Athletic Department should be open to considering anything and everything right now to take advantage of this reset, and get butts into seats that have gone empty for too long. (Why were nearly half the seatbacks empty for Auburn? We can't fix that?) We've done stuff like this before. An apparent lack of any AD interest in doing so now looks like the same-old, same-old beaureacratic inertia. And how many paid staff to report on the non-revenue sports? Report where?

I'm heartened to see some alumni donors chiming in to say that the suggestions shocky and calalumnus are making really do make sense.

ktownbear83

Go Bears

Shocky1
Quote:

https://instagr.am/p/CwQ-XiBhjjU
visited during halftime with 4th gen bear's guest starting point guard jalen cone who is a fun, fiercely focused & determined young man that will be an outstanding ambassador for cal basketball during his year in berkeley

jalen tole me that coach madsen will run a usual playing rotation of 7-8 players in marquee matchups with him playing 35+ minutes but that will expand to a 10-12 playing rotation in less competitive preseason & conference games with him playing 28+ minutes...we talked about flagstaff (elevation 7000) & its impact upon physical conditioning, mark has already noted jalen's excellent cardio stamina

huge kudos to jalen for not playing video games like many of his teammates, he'd rather play his guitar (we actually talked about black artists in country & western music) & sleep (tole him ima sofa king too)...his roommate at the basketball house is bishop o'dowd's monty bowser

asked cone whose improved the most during summer/fall practices...jaylen is very diplomatic but noted that grant newell has made significant strides forward in his game including his kinda suspect shooting from last season

jalen laughed re: my question of the toughest defender & tole me that serbian vladimir pavlovic literally lives in his jersey with physicality during practices, vlad gotta lotta jorge in his game

the monster is always real with everybody so shocky tole jalen that in watching him against asu last winter in tempe that i wuz not impressed with his hero ball & the ball sticking in his hands...too much strawberry in that jam...jaylen understood my scouting report (and skillset feedback from asu's bobby hurley who works out with me at the village in north scottsdale) & we both agreed that when a mid major plays a power five conference team that the star player (in this case cone) gets double teamed the whole game as the opponent is not gonna let him beat them & the reality the rest of the lumberjacks lineup wuz not skilled or +1 athletic

lastly we had some honest talk about his beautiful daughter, his girlfriend (a curvy brunette latina yoga female from san diego that plays soccer for nau) & his baby mama...he's doing a great job of balancing his personal life

jalen cone=+1 athletic respected leader of a 20+ win california golden bear basketball program
https://instagr.am/p/CVttSOCPkGv
shocky got to visit with a lotta fun people yesterday during his 9 hour in & out burger gameday roadtrip to nor cal

among those wuz doing the hang with 4th gen bear's guests jalen cone & his girlfriend taylor gomez who recently graduated from northern arizona...tay played soccer for the jacks & wuz a criminal studies major but her dad (a police officer in san diego) does not want her to follow in his footsteps...yeah tay is a curvy brunette yoga female that can 100% kick jalen's sorry azz if necessary

nau is in flagstaff (the home of my summer club, average temps in the 70s) & at 7000 elevation (which is optimal for player conditioning) cone is gonna be ready to play big minutes in coach maddog's 7-8 heavy minutes playing rotation which will expand to 10-12 against weaker opponents

asked jalen what's his max shooting range & he tole me that at the last scrimmage he shot one from downtown 7 feet behind the 3 point line...asked him if coach madsen had a heart attack or not & jalen tole me with a smile that "no, coach got confidence in me"

and that's awesome to hear that mark gives his stars a green light to do their thing on a basketball court with a basketball

madsen played for hall of fame coach montgomery back in the day before his los angeles lakers championship rings, the reality is that mike became more of a player's coach as a direct result of his failed nba coaching trial with the golden state warriors...his coaching style afterwards wuz less controlling, yeah life is not linear

as the director of basketball recruiting/gameday attendance for cal's monster class during the coach martin era of almost 11,000 fans on gamedays, cuonzo tole me that the deal/recruiting pitch with our multiple mcdonalds all americans wuz that if you played lockdown relentless energy d (which is 100% necessary in order to get paid in the nba), then we would let you improvise on offense without a lotta structure

mark fox & his enabling athletic director james arthur knowlton never understood this modern day reality

bottom line, very glad that mark is gonna let his players play the game without them looking over their shoulder at an angry head coach, the magic of cal basketball is gonna return to haas this november

basketball is a game (and like any celebration of life should be fun)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cb2xIT1r8G3
Dear Mr. Schulz:

As the lead counsel for the University of Kansas and also the Chairman of the Downtown Lawrence Beautification Project, please be advised that we take exception with your extreme mischaracterizations of our University, Community and the Jayhawks Basketball Program.

If you do not immediately cease and desist in making any further slanderous commentary, we will be left with no other course of action other than to bring the full weight of the United States of American constitution against you, your rescue doggys & any yoga teachers/students that might be affiliated with you.

Your inaccurate commentary includes but is not limited to the following:

*****The University of Kansas is very proud of our most current Forbes rankings of #165 which is up 3 spots due to our academic progress in elevating the outplacement services of our highly regarded truck stop diesel engine repair and also entrepreneurial vending machine majors.

*****Not everyone in Lawrence Kansas is White as you've stated, in fact almost 100% of our Basketball teams & Black Studies majors are indeed Black.

*****Jaylon's girlfriend Brenley should have no health concerns re: the nightly "study buddy" program at McCarthy Hall, all 38 of our semi pro athletes living in this residence are checked weekly for fatal STDs by University Health Services and medically treated on a high priority basis.

*****We consider the protection of women as an institutional mandate, in fact today's commitment of Texas portal transfer Arterio Morris who has pending criminal charges from June of 2022 in Frisco Texas for assaulting his girlfriend included a pinky swear promise to Coach Self that he will never do that again.

*****Coach Self is an educator at heart, he teaches his players how to properly stow their guns in cars, how to properly interact with law enforcement (just hand them 2 tixs to future Jayhawks games) & the importance of staying focused on developing basketball skills while blocking any out unnecessary distractions such as academics (in particular reading books), family, girlfriends, community service, etc.

You are hereby warned, Mr. Schulz.

Rock Chalk Talk Caulk!

Robby "Cheesecake" Whitemore, Esq.
kansas basketball update:

arterio morris arrived in lawrence this summer & raped a 18 year old female on campus and has now been dismissed from the basketball team...this heinous crime wuz 100% avoidable
https://www2.kusports.com/sports/2023/sep/29/suspended-ku-basketball-player-arterio-morris-formally-charged-with-rape/

jayhawks head basketball coach bill self is a criminal & is enabled by a corrupt kansas athletic department that places a premium on winning at all costs at a skool with truck stop academics

4.0 gpa 2024 offensive lineman david abajian needs to question the "family" atmosphere being sold in kansas

failure to protect the most vulnerable (this is kansas athletics)#
Shocky1

this is cal basketball (with pregame yoga stretching)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CvVYokbvKaf
multiple nba organizations scouting teams including the phoenix suns rate jaylon tyson as cal's #1 nba prospect, there is zero chance he won't start & play 35+ minutes in a tight 7-8 player rotation in closely contested games that will expand to 10-12 against lesser opponents
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CyHG9GnSCVG
cal basketball's only true insider these day 4th gen bear introduced me at the oregon state football game to talented high upside walk on 6'10" 215 lbs (tole me his ideal weight would be low 220s) gus larson from new canaan connecticut...dude wuz wearing swim trunks to a nor cal fall evening football game, he tole with a laugh that he's not missing eastcoastie weather

the ivy league transfer is not a dumb azz, he got a 4.0 gpa in high school & a 3.1 gpa at penn

his wingman jalen cone tole me he's got 3 point shooting range & gus tole me he's got the green light on the perimeter from coach madsen

where's mystic pizza & fishers island (ferry ride from new london)?#
Shocky1

the new players r kinda figuring out that it's more fun & closer to haas to live in the basketball house than off campus in an apartment

home is with ur brudahs#
Shocky1
Quote:

Swim trunks. That is a power move!! Respect.
https://instagr.am/p/CjqM_QbNebD
89, not gonna lie to u, larson's swim trunks wuz ugly azz but that 's ok, the future ivy league/berkeley grad is gonna figure out this **** when he's working on wall street & marries a curvy brunette yoga female that he met at the west village equinox who got fashionista style

fashion matters (but clothes r for losers, life is kinda confusing)#
HoopDreams

calfanz
HoopDreams said:

at least he put the DATE on it.

in the IG post to students....CAL AD, didnt put a date of the Late Night Fun. ***
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CyjyNQivw9L
gcg, that's great to hear cone wuz en fuego tonite at the sports intro...in speaking with jalen at the last 2 football games he's very confident in his shooting abilities & also appreciative of coach madsen giving him the unconditional green light including one shot he tole me which wuz from a couple feet inside the mid court line

basketball is best played when it's fun & celebrated like little kids balling out on the playground with their best friends

this is cal basketball (in 2023)#
NVBear78
HoopDreams said:

Who is this?
Econ141
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mizzou-football/dennis-gates-speaks-on-addition-of-connor-vanover-hes-the-tallest-guard-in-the-country/
Shocky1

multiple nba scouts have shared with me that the bears #1 ranked nba prospect is jaylon tyson so it's a shame that cal's athletic director is an impotent bureaucrat that don't got any relationships with anybody at the ncca or anyone with influence with their basketball eligibility compliance staff

vote no on the con artist (the andrew mcgraw for athletic director movement continues to gain momentum)#
Shocky1

the walk home (we are not alone)#

Shocky1

left to right, jalen "the lefty from ajax" celestine, fardaws "16/11" aimaq, jalen "ivy faithe's daddy" cone, devin "ice in his veins" askew, monty "the dragon" bowser & vladimir "tolstoy" pavlovic

congrats to coach madsen starting a new era of california golden bears basketball with a come from behind 71-66 victory against them pesky high iq/3 point shooting st thomas tommies from freezing azz minnesota

playing basically a 4 man guard/wing rotation with daws as the point center the key to the win wuz excellent ball handling while turning the ball over only 9 times, you can win a lot of games with solid ball security & limited turnovers

the lefty from canada lit it up with an efficient 7-10 field goals & 4-6 free throws en route to an unforced naturally flowing 21 points

fun fact: daws is gonna lead the nation in rebounding this season if he stays healthy...bet

the ugly: devin is still dribbling too much & the bears interior and 3 point line d is still a work in process

tolstoy's shot mechanics still need a little bit more developmental work/refinement but the intellectual plays with a fearless alpha predator competitiveness, yeah jorge would be proud

mark wuz shorthanded a couple of key players tonite but good teams always find a way

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including canada & neighboring detroit)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
SBGold
Shocky1 said:

(left to right, jalen "the lefty from ajax" celestine, fardaws "16/11" aimaq, jalen "ivy faithe's daddy" cone, devin "ice in his veins" askew, monty "the dragon" bowser & vladimir "tolstoy" pavlovic

congrats to coach madsen starting a new era of california golden bears basketball with a come from behind 71-66 victory against them pesky high iq/3 point shooting st thomas tommies from freezing azz minnesota

playing basically a 4 man guard/wing rotation with daws as the point center the key to the win wuz excellent ball handling while turning the ball over only 9 times, you can win a lot of games with solid ball security & limited turnover

the lefty from canada lit it up with an efficient 7-10 field goals & 4-6 free throws en route to an unforced naturally flowing 21 points

fun fact: daws is gonna lead the nation in rebounding this season if he stays healthy...bet

the ugly: devin is still dribbling too much & the bears interior and 3 point line d is still a work in process

tolstoy's shot mechanics still need a little bit more developmental work/refinement but the intellectual plays with a fearless alpha predator competitiveness, yeah jorge would be proud

mark wuz shorthanded a couple of key players tonite but good teams always find a way

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including canada & neighboring detroit)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

That team only wanted to shoot 3s. If we had any sort of intelligent perimeter D, we would have won by 15-20
Shocky1

the magic of cal basketball (is a game that is FUN)#
Shocky1

nothing means FUN more than count lev nikolayevich tolstoy playing lockdown d for them california golden bears

supercuts on bancroft is closed#
Shocky1

west coast elite pipeline to berkeley (starts with the silver standard of excellence)#
Shocky1
^ where's the weight room?

ryan is the most buff guy in the foto

shut up, shocky#
HoopDreams
Jeremiah
welcome aboard the Cal rocket
This season we liftoff

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

jeremiah, hit me up when u wanna start ur yoga/meditation practice, ok?

https://instagr.am/p/CwlHKO-OWYS
the magic of cal basketball (starts with flexible +1 athleticism & quick twitch movements + yoga)#

^ check out the 40 second yoga/tumbling explosive movement

shocky, jaylen brown & chief knocka homa approve this cali signing#
Shocky1

shocky & brenden glapion gonna be in the haas for jaylon's debut (the bears highest rated nba prospect)

the magic of cal basketball (does NOT involve racism)#
Shocky1

fun fact: if ur wearing a cal basketball jersey & ur name is jalen, jaylon or jaylen then ur unstoppable at ur haas

bet

wheels up (the magic of cal basketball is kinda like an old friend u haven't seen in forever)#
Shocky1

pacific tigers 87
california golden bears 79

shocky's top 10 re: tonite's mysteries of love

1) jaylon tyson is even better than expected, he is the program's only +1 athletic true difference maker with quick twitch movements...played physical d unselfishly diving to the floor for loose balls, a game high soaring thru the haas airspace 11 boards & an offensively efficient 20 points on 7 of 11 field goals...jaylon also got a good handle for a wing as evidenced by only 1 turnover

2) my guy jalen cone got unreal hops, his shot selection still needs some work & his defensive intensity is significantly improved since watching him in person against asu in tempe last november...and most importantly jalen is a good dad to ivy faithe, planet earth needs more dads that are present in their children's lives in helping guide them in a safe space/zone towards their dreams

3) daws is a legit offensive threat with 18 points on 7 of 13 fields...his shooting stroke is clean & his shooting mechanics are solid so not sure why he knocked down only 4 of 9 free throws...defensively he don't got the foot speed to get in front of his man attacking the bucket, unfortunately his teammates gave him zero off ball help when he wuz burned off the dribble for uncontested buckets

4) jalen celestine got a beautiful shooting stoke ala j-mat & jabari bird...once that ugly azz & limiting leg brace is gone, jalen is gonna let it fly

5) tolstoy should be playing on the bears football special teams coverage units, this guy will **** you up in a sorta intellectual kinda way...yeah the supercuts on bancroft is closed

6) cal band is great & the students wuz loud...hopefully someday markeisha wakes the **** up & offers ALL students FREE admission to all basketball games at the #1 ranked public university in the world inclusively offering the opportunity to experience the magic of cal basketball for those from challenging socioeconomic background for whom the $125 student pass is not even remotely realistically affordable

7) cheer & dance way more tone (not in the same league as modern yoga but that's ok) than past squads, coach toler's fashionista choices tonite wuz on point too, she's a good leader

8) doing the hang with brenden glapion wuz fun, he noted that he could tell the guys hadn't played a lot with each other before tonite' game...team chemistry is critical & it's gonna take some time

9) the braised tofu with sauted mushrooms at the great wall of china with brenden pre game wuz fire

10) truly love each & every person shocky interacted with tonite...but let's be real here, benji aka scrappy doo wishes he could meet all of you too & make sure ur water dishes are full of water or something but unfortunately the magic of cal basketball is apparently not for doggys for reasons in the universe that are not clear at all to me & benji
stu
Quote:

6) cal band is great & the students wuz loud...hopefully someday markeisha wakes the **** up & offers ALL students FREE admission to all basketball games at the #1 ranked public university in the world inclusively offering the opportunity to experience the magic of cal basketball for those from challenging socioeconomic background for whom the $125 student pass is not even remotely realistically affordable
The canned noise was infrequent and not too loud. Ear muffs not needed tonight.
Shocky1

the bears worst golfer (swings like my daughter taylor, she also got a soft crooked azz swing while my other daughter shay got a deep flexible shoulder turn from gymnastics/aerial yoga & can drive it 200+ yards sometimes) & BEST lockdown defender keonte kennedy is expected to return to action on december 2nd against santa clara

https://instagr.am/p/BRt_zeUgt5s
no more candy azz soft d closing out on 3 point line shooters in berkeley (let's ******* go!!!)#
Shocky1

left to right, devin "cool as **** shades" askew, jaylon "nba body w/7 assists" tyson, jalen "range to midcourt" cone, fardaws "luxury watches r tacky as ****" & jalen "let it fly" celestine

wow, this wuz a significant step forward in ball movement, unselfishly sharing the ball with one another passing up good shots for great shots (devin wuz particularly noticeable in this regards) which resulted in 15 moneyballs from behind the line...this bears team is exciting to watch & could potentially lead the pac 12 in 3 point shooting in 2023

defensively, that's a whole different story, no es bueno...daws (fouled out) & jalen (got more burned by kaleb higgins more than a george foreman grill in the 1st half, no steals on the nite) are realistically the worst defenders in the pac 12 at this time...it's pretty obvious that they did not focus on playing high intensity/embracing fundamentally sound d at their last schools, hopefully mad dog will be able to get thru to them in developing them defensively...right now there's zero chance they gonna get paid at the next level with their ineffective candy azz soft d that is a ****show of reaching with their hands, not moving their feet & low basketball iq anticipation of wut's gonna happen next

yeah daws & jalen play d like 16 year old aau "stars" in the summer circuit...and let's be real here, as grad cert students they got a fraction of the academic work of their teammates earning undergraduate berkeley degrees, they got ZERO excuses

championship basketball starts on the defensive end of the court#

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.