cal's monster mad dog

205,592 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by HoopDreams
4thGenCal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civil Bear said:

dimitrig said:

Civil Bear said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Shocky1 said:

mike meadows is now in the transfer portal, this has nothing to do with any conference **** but rather the changing direction of semi pro college athletics with hired players that really don't got any academic goals (jack plummer's biological dad tole me that the cert program required about an hour+ a day for his son who wuz 100% focused on his fb development) at the #1 ranked public university in the world plus competing skools still making nil offers (ncca oversite is as absentee as the athletic director) even after meadows wuz on campus in berkeley (this is an era of unlimited collegiate free agency)...mikey wanna get buckets & a lotta playing time that is realistically not available to him in berkeley during the upcoming season with a stacked roster of combo shooting guards/wings that can flat out (unlike last season) shoot the basketball including true freshman standout rodney brown (the player comparison is alan crabbe)

this is not cal's monster class#
Hear ya, but the players 6-12 make practice more challenging for 1-5....This is a loss however much whip cream you spray on it.
I doubt anyone wanted Meadows to leave, but if he went to practice, saw the developing talent around him at his position, and saw the writing on the wall in regard to playing time, then that could mean a net positive for Cal even with the loss of a solid practice player.

He got a better offer: $$$

That's it. No more, no less.

Doubtful. If that were the case we would know where he landed.

Potential landing spots for Mike Meadows after leaving Cal
Meadows as stated earlier is leaving, first due to limited minutes likely available and He clearly realized that during the workouts - He was 9th on the roster in skill/role. And yes lack of NIL was also a factor - but 2nd in importance to him. He came here w/o NI monies, and really liked Madsen and the thought of playing in a strong league was the leading factor. Yes that not having monies available came into play with his changing personal situation, but candidly with staff hustle, its likely that some NIL monies could have been scraped together. Locker room cohesion, accepting a reduced role is key for coming together as a team and full support (starting or not), and with a senior who is not playing minutes that one has played before, that situation can lead to issues that are not conducive to building strong chemistry. Thus end of the day, the loss likely will not be felt much, especially with the new recruit from Serbia coming in.
calumnus
4thGenCal said:

Civil Bear said:

dimitrig said:

Civil Bear said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Shocky1 said:

mike meadows is now in the transfer portal, this has nothing to do with any conference **** but rather the changing direction of semi pro college athletics with hired players that really don't got any academic goals (jack plummer's biological dad tole me that the cert program required about an hour+ a day for his son who wuz 100% focused on his fb development) at the #1 ranked public university in the world plus competing skools still making nil offers (ncca oversite is as absentee as the athletic director) even after meadows wuz on campus in berkeley (this is an era of unlimited collegiate free agency)...mikey wanna get buckets & a lotta playing time that is realistically not available to him in berkeley during the upcoming season with a stacked roster of combo shooting guards/wings that can flat out (unlike last season) shoot the basketball including true freshman standout rodney brown (the player comparison is alan crabbe)

this is not cal's monster class#
Hear ya, but the players 6-12 make practice more challenging for 1-5....This is a loss however much whip cream you spray on it.
I doubt anyone wanted Meadows to leave, but if he went to practice, saw the developing talent around him at his position, and saw the writing on the wall in regard to playing time, then that could mean a net positive for Cal even with the loss of a solid practice player.

He got a better offer: $$$

That's it. No more, no less.

Doubtful. If that were the case we would know where he landed.

Potential landing spots for Mike Meadows after leaving Cal
Meadows as stated earlier is leaving, first due to limited minutes likely available and He clearly realized that during the workouts - He was 9th on the roster in skill/role. And yes lack of NIL was also a factor - but 2nd in importance to him. He came here w/o NI monies, and really liked Madsen and the thought of playing in a strong league was the leading factor. Yes that not having monies available came into play with his changing personal situation, but candidly with staff hustle, its likely that some NIL monies could have been scraped together. Locker room cohesion, accepting a reduced role is key for coming together as a team and full support (starting or not), and with a senior who is not playing minutes that one has played before, that situation can lead to issues that are not conducive to building strong chemistry. Thus end of the day, the loss likely will not be felt much, especially with the new recruit from Serbia coming in.

Yes, I think we were well stocked with "combo guards."

I wish him well.
Shocky1
the monster is always listening to 4th gen bear, he's the most wired in person to the cal basketball program these days, luv that guy

and randy wants to share inside information with you to further your fandom & become a diehard cal basketball fanatic like him...recruits & players read these boards, the more energy creates excitement for them too

only a dumb azz would think the magic of cal basketball is gonna grow with information shared with only a couple dozen of 70+ year old donors who reside at the rosewood retirement home
eastcoastcal
Shocky did you ever come across Steve Kerr during the monster class days

I think his daughter played volleyball at Cal somewhere in that era
Jeff82
Kerr's son Nick, the new coach for the G-League team in Santa Cruz, was a walk-on guard at Cal. I believe his time and his sister's as a volleyball player overlapped some, but I'm not positive.
parentswerebears
Shocky introduced me to Nick after a game- really nice guy. Didn't meet his dad, though.
Shocky1
parentswerebears said:

Shocky introduced me to Nick after a game- really nice guy. Didn't meet his dad, though.
teach, my apologies, steve attended games when the golden state warriors schedule didn't conflict with the cal basketball schedule

so happy for nick, he is a remarkable young man with a great basketball mind, he's got a virtually unlimited future

Shocky1
eastcoastcal said:

Shocky did you ever come across Steve Kerr during the monster class days

I think his daughter played volleyball at Cal somewhere in that era
taylor & i conversed with nick & steve kerr for 10 minutes in an empty haas pavilion while the rest of the crowd socialized & boozed it up in the lounge prior to the banquet

steve & i talked about where he lived in scottsdale & his favorite local restaurants when he coached the phx suns but more importantly we conversed re: our yoga practices (his studio is in berkeley), his favorite pose is the pigeon in that it helps him release his lower back

this was my 1st conversation with nick & he told me that he will serve as a graduate assistant next season for the bears while he completes his 2nd year of the public health graduate program

nick & i had a remarkable conversation in which we discussed why ivan rabb was underutilized in the low post, the passing challenges of this year's team & why the cal basketball team underachieved this season...nick is refreshingly candid & absolutely brutal in his assessments but he also got potential solutions...i'm not going to discuss the specifics of our conversation but i'm very optimistic that nick will share his thoughts with the coaches & the players, he had an up close view of the strengths & problems facing the cal basketball program this season

i've visited with quite a few nba scouts & coaches and i can tell you with confidence that nick kerr has an advanced basketball mind & a unique ability to strategize what steps need to be taken in the future to coach up this team's shortcomings

it will be very important for nick to remain edgy and outspoken & for coach martin & the older coaches to listen to kerr's input, he will be the hardest working graduate assistant in the united states, you can bank of that
https://bearinsider.com/forums/8/topics/11616/319

coastie, steve usually sat behind the opponents basket on the floor while my 2 floor seats wuz directly across from the opposing team's head coach to maximize my eye contact/verbal conversations with them particularly the donut boy of tuscon & criminal dana altman...steve & i would then meet up at half time at then oakland a's manager bob melvin's floor seat which wuz the one closest to the exit door for his quick getaways

also enjoyed conversing with free spirit/cal volleyball player & nick's #1 fan, his sister maddie

https://instagr.am/p/Ce_sxdhOV7G
the kerr family is a remarkable one#

Shocky1

with only 2 road games of california during the pre season the bears will be limiting time away from the classrooms & both of these challenging road games with butler & ole miss are on saturdays...yeah when putting together the schedule coach madsen values academic achievement/earning degrees

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
eastcoastcal
woah, didn't know Kerr and Bob melvin used to have seats?! clearly Cal games used to attract some big names
Shocky1

coastie, bob wuz a catcher at cal back in the day...at the basketball games as a former well regarded diamondbacks manager melvin would sign a couple of d backs baseballs/caps for me to donate to doggy rescue fundraisers here in the desert

bob wuz a scratch golfer at desert mountain until his back gave up, that broke his heart & he loved hearing about my worldwide golf travels

the monster used to give melvin **** about the fact that he never yelled at the basketball refs no matter how bad the call
HoopDreams
Shocky1 said:

taylor & i conversed with nick & steve kerr for 10 minutes in an empty haas pavilion while the rest of the crowd socialized & boozed it up in the lounge prior to the banquet

steve & i talked about where he lived in scottsdale & his favorite local restaurants when he coached the phx suns but more importantly we conversed re: our yoga practices (his studio is in berkeley), his favorite pose is the pigeon in that it helps him release his lower back

this was my 1st conversation with nick & he told me that he will serve as a graduate assistant next season for the bears while he completes his 2nd year of the public health graduate program

nick & i had a remarkable conversation in which we discussed why ivan rabb was underutilized in the low post, the passing challenges of this year's team & why the cal basketball team underachieved this season...nick is refreshingly candid & absolutely brutal in his assessments but he also got potential solutions...i'm not going to discuss the specifics of our conversation but i'm very optimistic that nick will share his thoughts with the coaches & the players, he had an up close view of the strengths & problems facing the cal basketball program this season

i've visited with quite a few nba scouts & coaches and i can tell you with confidence that nick kerr has an advanced basketball mind & a unique ability to strategize what steps need to be taken in the future to coach up this team's shortcomings

it will be very important for nick to remain edgy and outspoken & for coach martin & the older coaches to listen to kerr's input, he will be the hardest working graduate assistant in the united states, you can bank of that
https://bearinsider.com/forums/8/topics/11616/319

coastie, steve usually sat behind the opponents basket on the floor while my 2 floor seats wuz directly across from the opposing team's head coach to maximize my eye contact/verbal conversations with them particularly the donut boy of tuscon & criminal dana altman...steve & i would then meet up at half time at then oakland a's manager bob melvin's floor seat which wuz the one closest to the exit door for his quick getaways

also enjoyed conversing with free spirit/cal volleyball player & nick's #1 fan, his sister maddie

the kerr family is a remarkable one#

Shocky1

billikens (things as they ought to be)#
Shocky1

let's ******* go (daws in the haas)#
Shocky1

mama's fish house (with her award winning salmon pasta, wut time is dinner?)#
udaman1
Daughter is at the new student convocation this morning. She said Madsen gave a 90 second speech. " I wanna see you at the games this year! If you see me on campus, give me a high five! See me at lunch? I'll pay!" Then he left. Classic mad dog.
GMP
udaman1 said:

Daughter is at the new student convocation this morning. She said Madsen gave a 90 second speech. " I wanna see you at the games this year! If you see me on campus, give me a high five! See me at lunch? I'll pay!" Then he left. Classic mad dog.

I'd be camping outside his office every day at 11:30 and then following him for a free lunch.
eastcoastcal
GMP said:

udaman1 said:

I'd be camping outside his office every day at 11:30 and then following him for a free lunch.
how much of a bill do y'all think i can rack up on his tab before it becomes impolite?
calumnus
eastcoastcal said:

GMP said:

udaman1 said:

how much of a bill do y'all think i can rack up on his tab before it becomes impolite?

If you give him good advice on marketing and building up the student section he may seek you out to keep buying you lunch.
Shocky1
eastcoastcal said:

GMP said:

udaman1 said:

yeah coastie over a free lunch at mezzo with coach is gonna convince him that the key to student attendance is offering free tickets to all students, reality is that berkeley gotta lotta 4.5+ gpa 1st generation college students from lower socioeconomic communities that didn't go to their high school's football or basketball games while studying 24/7 amassing the world class academic accolades that are necessary for admission into berkeley

we gotta get students going to games during their berkeley days thereby imprinting their gameday behavior for a lifetime & that's the key to building a pipeline of future season tix buyers/donors...and the reality is that there's been near zero effort by anybody to build the fanbase since cal's monster class

knowlton & his clueless marketing director markeisha everrett will tell you that giving away free tixs undermines the value of tixs but that's just tired azz dumb as **** thinking from outta touch bureaucrats rather than the saavy promoters like the staff at san diego state which offers all students free tixs in an inclusive fun party atmosphere which has resulted in attendance records & a final four appearance this season

the magic of cal basketball (is a grassroots process that grows the fanbase one at a time)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (that should be inclusively offering free tixs to all students on gamedays)
HoopDreams
https://instagr.am/p/CwIrLSOR8Ib
Shocky1
^ thx partner, shocky & jaylen brown approve these yoga/meditation practices
Shocky1

jaylon tyson got good moves (mad dog not so much)#
Shocky1

6'7" 215 lbs wing brody kozlowski is not a dumb azz, he got a 4.0 gpa & gonna visit berkeley this weekend

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including utah)
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

#25 7' 235 lbs bouncy high upside post player noah boyed from mccook community college (his teammate simon okena from sweeden just signed with utah valley) in western nebraska (not that further afar from shocky's beloved sand hills links in neighboring mullen) & originally the patricia d james secondary school in st lucia is a major target for the california golden bears final & 13th scholly

noah got 3 years of eligibility (unless there are some international transfer issues) which is more than time to earn a berkeley degree & develop under coach masden nba's big man tutelage in the fantastically diverse san francisco bay area (western nebraska got more cows & cattle than people)

last season boyed averaged 10.9 ppg & 8.5 rpg averaging only 21.7 mpg...noah got an excellent handle (as contrasted to lars hands of granite) & can finish around the rim with explosiveness...at this time in his relatively young basketball development he is not a stretch 3 point threat & needs to work on his crooked azz free throw shooting (50.4%, 59 out of 117)...playing around half the game, 46 blocks for the season reflects his ability to become a defensive ******* nightmare for opponents daring to enter the paint

yeah noah boyed can elevate (attentive bears fans will notice the lead singer is david "the smartest bear of them all" kravish)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the beautiful people of st lucia & their kind invitation to shocky to visit this winter to play/rank their new coore & crenshaw dramatic cliffside course when it opens which got world top 25 potential, clothes r for losers)

https://instagr.am/p/CsmYnPwrMwz
https://instagr.am/p/CmVQyovDikv
with fardaws moving on to the pros next season, 7' noah boyed is gonna trip to berkeley this weekend

impact rim protector/high iq rebounder/developing low post moves#
Shocky1

bouncy 6'10" malick diallo is gonna officially visit cal & the fabulously diverse san francisco bay area this weekend which got arguably the best year round weather on planet earth

https://instagr.am/p/B10-cxJgk8a
the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including mali)
Shocky1

why would a crafty lefty facilitating/distributing point guard from georgia like 6' 175 lbs jeremiah wilkinson commit to an academically mediocre school like mississippi state in the nasty azz humid deep south?

is jeremiah not aware of fellow georgia true student athlete jaylen brown that fell in the left coast sun before he signed his recent nba super max contract of $305,000,000+?

https://instagr.am/p/BZRTvlagD9_

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna build generational wealth both on the court with nba development via coach madsen & the classrooms of berkeley)
Shocky1

shocky has made the gameday selling out initiative recommendations of offering free tixs to all students and recruiting an asian walk on to multiple members of the cal basketball program

let's see if they r listening or not, responding to emails does not seem to be a strength of some folks on mad dog's staff...just winning more games will not get attendance back to the cal's monster class era of almost 11,000 in the haas on gamedays

oskidunker
Shocky1 said:

shocky has made the gameday selling out initiative recommendations of offering free tixs to all students and recruiting an asian walk on to multiple members of the cal basketball program

let's see if they r listening or not, responding to emails does not seem to be a strength of some folks on mad dog's staff...just winning more games will not get attendance back to the cal's monster class era of almost 11,000 in the haas on gamedays

Agree. I sent an email to an assistant coach a few weeks ago and no reply. I wonder if the email addresses are valid or not used?
Go Bears!
Shocky1
dunker, who did u write?

shades of mark fox fanbase building strategy#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CfebbumLHUA
coach schebrenske is the lead recruiter on top 50 2024 potential mcdonalds all american 6'10" 200 lbs aiden sherrell...aiden is originally from detroit, then lived in glendale arizona & attended hillcrest prep (same high school as phx sun's deandre ayton) & now prolific prep in napa

sherrell is a +1 athlete that would be an impact true freshman starter in berkeley in year 2 of the mad dog nba training grounds...nil dollars will be available with the departure of the 4 grad transfers after the 2023 season

with the proximity to pp, the bears got a legit opportunity to build meaningful relationships with this game changer who got multiple positions upside in showcasing nba 1st round potential...getting an official visit planned to berkeley will be the key & he's indicated an interest in doing so, he's already officially tripped to oklahoma & is visiting ohio state this weekend

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (and the path to building generational wealth both on the court with nba skills development & intellectual capitalism in the classroom as evidenced by jaylen brown's upcoming nba supermax contract of $295,000,000+)
cal not in sherrell's final 5, there's a lack of nil dollars from donors (and probably more importantly potential donors) to get the mcdonalds all american from nearby prolific prep in a bears uniform

the fact there's zero discussion on the public board re: this weekend's recruiting visits from multiple players is a clear sign that the direction of the cal basketball program at this time will not be an inclusive one that freely shares information with fans & the potential new fans needed to sell out haas like it did during the cal's monster class era of unlimited nationwide buzz & energy surrounding the program with shared recruiting news in real time

and the failure to offer free tixs to all berkeley students will continue the program's decline in building a pipeline of future new fans/donors...it will also contribute to not making haas once again a huge hostile homecourt advantage for the program, newsflash: students yell louder than the bears loyal aging fanbase

investing in the future in berkeley?

real talk#
oskidunker
Shocky1 said:

dunker, who did u write?

shades of mark fox fanbase building strategy#
Adam Mazarei There is no email address for Head Coach
Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

why would a crafty lefty facilitating/distributing point guard from georgia like 6' 175 lbs jeremiah wilkinson commit to an academically mediocre school like mississippi state in the nasty azz humid deep south?

is jeremiah not aware of fellow georgia true student athlete jaylen brown that fell in the left coast sun before he signed his recent nba super max contract of $305,000,000+?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna build generational wealth both on the court with nba development via coach madsen & the classrooms of berkeley)
Shocky1
jeremiah, hit me up when u wanna start ur yoga/meditation practice, ok?

https://instagr.am/p/CwlHKO-OWYS
the magic of cal basketball (starts with flexible +1 athleticism & quick twitch movements)#
HoopDreams
Very excited with this pickup

Cal point guard of the future and wearing number 5

Shocky1 said:

jeremiah, hit me up when u wanna start ur yoga/meditation practice, ok?

https://instagr.am/p/CwlHKO-OWYS
the magic of cal basketball (starts with flexible +1 athleticism & quick twitch movements)#

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.