Women's Swimming: 2014-2015 Schedule & Roster

116,084 Views | 338 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[COLOR="#3366ff"]Actually the 2014-2015 Schedule (& Roster) hasn't even been released yet, but here are a few duals lined up for this season from what I can gather:[/COLOR]

Fri [U]10/31/2014[/U] vs. Texas @ Berkeley, Calif. (2 pm)
Fri [U]11/07/2014[/U] vs. Wisconsin @ Berkeley, Calif.
Fri [U]11/14/2014[/U] vs. Utah @ Salt Lake City, Utah (2 pm)
Fri [U]01/23/2015[/U] vs. ASU @ Tempe, AZ
Fri [U]01/30/2015[/U] vs. USC @ Berkeley, Calif.

[COLOR="#3366ff"]Assume that Teri will as usual take the women to 2014 AT&T Winter Nationals (Dec. 3-6, Greensboro) for their big mid-season meet, esp since it'll take place in the same pool as NCAAs:[/COLOR]

Pac-12 Champs: [U]Wed Feb 25 - Sat Feb 28, 2015[/U] - Federal Way, Washington

NCAA Champs: [U]Thurs Mar 19 - Sat Mar 21, 2015[/U] - Greensboro Aquatic Center, N.C.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
----------------------

[COLOR="#3399ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Here's an informal team photo album while we impatiently wait for the official roster to be published.

Will need some expert help here in ID'ing who's who in that 1st photo below, here are my dodgy guesses... [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="#8B4513"][U]Front[/U]: Yvette Kong, Caroline Piehl, Camille Cheng
[U]Middle[/U]: Catherine Ladd? (holding up Noemie's hair), Noemie Thomas, Celina Li, Alicia Grima?, Maija Roses, Jasmine Mau, Marina Garcia, Liz Pelton, Taylor Nanfria, Rachel Bootsma, Melanie Klaren, Kelly Naze
[U]Back[/U]: Sophia Batchelor? (or Catherine Breed?), Farida Osman??, Rachael Acker, Kaylin Bing, Catherine Breed? (or Mikkel-Ane Stipe?), Cierra Runge, Kristen Vredeveld, ? (pale enough to be Missy lol, but IMO doesn't really look like her) [/COLOR]

Maija Roses [COLOR="#808080"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
I didn't choose the bear lyfe, the bear lyfe chose me.. ✌️��✌️

Kaylin Bing [COLOR="#808080"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
All bears. All day. ������

Missy Franklin [COLOR="#808080"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
Nothing better than a morning hike at sunrise with my Bears�� So thankful for an incredible weekend and to be surrounded by people who inspire me everyday.

Kristen Vredeveld [COLOR="#808080"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
So incredibly grateful for these amazing ladies and that I can call them my teammates #gobears #LOVEmyteam #bearfriends

Camille Cheng [COLOR="#808080"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
Love this team #gobears

----------------------

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=3]* [U]Froshies[/U] *[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Maija Roses [COLOR="#696969"]Aug 28[/COLOR] [COLOR="#808080"]- UC Berkeley[/COLOR]
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!

----------------------

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=3]* [U]Sophomores[/U] *[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Farida Osman [COLOR="#696969"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
Cheers to the new season with my bears �� #sophmores

----------------------

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=3]* [U]Juniors[/U] *[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Rachel Bootsma [COLOR="#808080"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
This pretty much sums up the past two years and the next two years to come #juniors #gobears ������

----------------------

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=3]* [U]Seniors[/U] *[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Melanie Klaren [COLOR="#808080"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
But actually, I love my class. Last round, ladies! #gobears ��

Caroline Piehl [COLOR="#808080"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
So blessed to be born into this class and go through the highs and lows with these ladies. #seniors #yoso #thisisit #gobears

Taylor Nanfria [COLOR="#808080"]31 Aug[/COLOR]
It's not four years, it's for life #seniors #gobears

Taylor Nanfria [COLOR="#808080"]16 Nov[/COLOR] [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]Somehow we're seniors [/COLOR]
4 Thanksgivings, but a lifetime of gratitude for these women #friendsgiving[SIZE=3] �� [/SIZE]

Camille Cheng [COLOR="#808080"]16 Nov[/COLOR] [COLOR="#A9A9A9"]golden class[/COLOR]
Reminiscing about freshman year never gets old #annualthanksgivingclassdinner #seniors

----------------------
OBear073akaSMFan
There is the picture of the soph class with no Sophia Batchelor. I believe young and Speer are no longer on the team but what about Sophia? Hopefully she is delayed for some reason because she is definitely needed..
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
OBear073akaSMFan;842350533 said:

There is a picture of the soph class too with no Sophia Batchelor. I believe young and Speer are no longer on the team but what about Sophia? Hopefully she is delayed for some reason because she is definitely needed.. Sorry can't link a instagram picture from Faida Osman twitter account.

https://instagr.am/p/sYWVaFL_UM

[COLOR="#3366ff"]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Cheers for the heads up on that soph class pix, I've added Farida's photo

Doesn't sound like we've lost Batchelor, at least I hope we haven't![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] https://instagr.am/p/sMQNECMYNU
OBear073akaSMFan
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842350537 said:

[COLOR="#3366ff"]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Cheers for the heads up on that soph class pix, I've added Farida's photo

Doesn't sound like we've lost Batchelor, at least I hope we haven't![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] https://instagr.am/p/sMQNECMYNU

I am assuming she was not involved in the Jr Pan meet.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
[COLOR="#3366ff"][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I believe your assumption is correct, as Sophia wouldn't have been eligible for Jr. Pan Pacs in terms of the age requirements for that competition...[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
OBear073akaSMFan
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842350537 said:

[COLOR="#3366ff"]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]

yeah she's in Berkeley. Here's her Mom's facebook acct that talks about her daughter's encounter with the 6.2 quake and helping her move into some new digs in Berkeley.

https://www.facebook.com/donna.batchelor.581

God..I feel like a stalker..having to go to the Mother's route!!
barabbas
OBear073akaSMFan;842350635 said:

yeah she's in Berkeley. Here's her Mom's facebook acct that talks about her daughter's encounter with the 6.2 quake and helping her move into some new digs in Berkeley.

https://www.facebook.com/donna.batchelor.581

Good gumshoeing..
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
OBear073akaSMFan;842350635 said:

[COLOR="#3366ff"][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Haha...further proof here...well, confirming that Batchelor's taking classes on campus at any rate: [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Sophia Batchelor [COLOR="#808080"]4 Sept [/COLOR][COLOR="#696969"]@ Wheeler Hall[/COLOR]
Hello Berkeley, this is Brain #thisclassisawesome #onlyinberkeley #FORSCEINCE
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
------------

Caroline Piehl [COLOR="#696969"]12 Sept[/COLOR]

Banner's up! Time to put some work in. #gobears #thisisit @missyfranklin88 @epelton16

------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842349621 said:

[COLOR="#3366ff"]Actually the 2014-2015 Schedule (& Roster) hasn't even been released yet, but here are a few duals lined up for this season from what I can gather:[/COLOR]

Fri [U]10/31/2014[/U] vs. Texas @ Berkeley, Calif. (2 pm)
Fri [U]11/07/2014[/U] vs. Wisconsin @ Berkeley, Calif.
Fri [U]11/14/2014[/U] vs. Utah @ Salt Lake City, Utah (2 pm)
Fri [U]01/23/2015[/U] vs. ASU @ Tempe, AZ
Fri [U]01/30/2015[/U] vs. USC @ Berkeley, Calif.

[COLOR="#3366ff"]Assume that Teri will as usual take the women to 2014 AT&T Winter Nationals (Dec. 3-6, Greensboro) for their big mid-season meet, esp since it'll take place in the same pool as NCAAs:[/COLOR]
Pac-12 Champs: [U]Wed Feb 25 - Sat Feb 28, 2015[/U] - Federal Way, Washington

NCAA Champs: [U]Thurs Mar 19 - Sat Mar 21, 2015[/U] - Greensboro Aquatic Center, N.C.

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR="#3366ff"]Finally! Interesting to see that we are entered in both the All Florida + the UGA Invitationals this season.

Think that's a smart move getting some experience under the belt against some of the best that the SEC has to offer relatively early on in the season. Hopefully the stiff competition right off the bat will reduce the chances of any complacency settling in like what may have been partially to blame last season... :beer:
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][U]Women[/U]'s Schedule[/SIZE]

http://www.calbears.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=749453&SPID=126517&DB_OEM_ID=30100&Q_SEASON=2014

-------------------

[U]Fri, Sep 19[/U] - Cal Poly Queen of the Pool at San Luis Obispo, CA All Day
[U]Sat, Sep 20[/U] - Cal Poly Queen of the Pool at San Luis Obispo, CA All Day

[COLOR="#800080"][U]Fri, Oct 03 [/U] - All Florida Invitational at Gainesville, FL All Day
[U]Sat, Oct 04[/U] - All Florida Invitational at Gainesville, FL All Day
[U]Sun, Oct 05[/U] - All Florida Invitational at Gainesville, FL All Day[/COLOR]

[U]Thu, Oct 23[/U] - Oregon State Berkeley, CA 12:00 p.m.

[U]Fri, Oct 31[/U] - Texas Berkeley, CA 1:00 p.m.

[U]Fri, Nov 07[/U] - Wisconsin Berkeley, CA 1:00 p.m.

[U]Fri, Nov 14[/U] - Utah at Salt Lake City, UT 1:00 p.m.

[COLOR="#696969"][U]Thu, Nov 20 [/U] - Texas Diving Invitational at Austin, TX All Day
[U]Fri, Nov 21[/U] - Texas Diving Invitational at Austin, TX All Day
[U]Sat, Nov 22[/U] - Texas Diving Invitational at Austin, TX All Day[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#008000"][U]Thu, Dec 04 [/U] - University of Georgia Invitational at Athens, GA All Day
[U]Fri, Dec 05[/U] - University of Georgia Invitational at Athens, GA All Day
[U]Sat, Dec 06[/U] - University of Georgia Invitational at Athens, CA All Day[/COLOR]

[U]Fri, Jan 23[/U] - Arizona State at Tempe, AZ TBA
[U]Sat, Jan 24 [/U] - Arizona at Tucson, AZ TBA

[U]Fri, Jan 30[/U] - USC Berkeley, CA TBA
[U]Sat, Jan 31 [/U] - UCLA Berkeley, CA 12:00 p.m.

[COLOR="#B22222"][U]Sat, Feb 14[/U] - Stanford Berkeley, CA TBA[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#0033ff"][U]Wed, Feb 25[/U] - Pac-12 Championships Federal Way, WA All Day
[U]Thu, Feb 26[/U] - Pac-12 Championships Federal Way, WA All Day
[U]Fri, Feb 27[/U] - Pac-12 Championships Federal Way, WA All Day
[U]Sat, Feb 28[/U] - Pac-12 Championships Federal Way, WA All Day[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#696969"][U]Mon, Mar 09[/U] - NCAA Zone E Diving Championships Colorado Springs, CO All Day
[U]Tue, Mar 10[/U] - NCAA Zone E Diving Championships Colorado Springs, CO All Day
[U]Wed, Mar 11[/U] - NCAA Zone E Diving Championships Colorado Springs, CO All Day[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#FFA500"][U]Thu, Mar 19[/U] - NCAA Championships Greensboro, NC All Day
[U]Fri, Mar 20[/U] - NCAA Championships Greensboro, NC All Day
[U]Sat, Mar 21[/U] - NCAA Championships Greensboro, NC All Day[/COLOR]

-------------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------------

[SIZE=3][U]Women[/U]'s Roster[/SIZE]

http://www.calbears.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=762516&SPID=126517&DB_OEM_ID=30100&Q_SEASON=2014

-------------------

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR="#3366ff"]Taylor Young's still listed with the team, but not Sophia Batchelor apparently... [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

-------------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------------

[SIZE=3]Bears Open Season at Queen of the Pool[/SIZE]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3701[/ATTACH]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209658304

-------------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842360499 said:

[SIZE=3]Bears Open Season at Queen of the Pool[/SIZE]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209658304

-------------------

Cal Men's Swimming [COLOR="#696969"]19 Sept[/COLOR]
Photo evidence of the victors....

-------------------

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]Will Hamilton Unseats Ryan Murphy As “King of the Pool”[/COLOR][/SIZE]

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/will-hamilton-unseats-ryan-murphy-as-king-of-the-pool/

-------------------

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#B22222"]Hamilton wins duel with Murphy to become Cal ‘King of the Pool’, Li remains undefeated in women’s meet[/COLOR][/SIZE]

http://swimswam.com/hamilton-wins-duel-murphy-become-cal-king-pool-li-remains-undefeated-womens-meet/

-------------------

Maija Roses [COLOR="#696969"]19 Sept[/COLOR]
First meet as Golden Bears under our belts... And man does it feel so good! ������

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]Celina Li Defends “Queen of the Pool” Title To Start Sophomore Season At Cal[/COLOR][/SIZE]

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/news/celina-li-defends-queen-of-the-pool-title-to-start-sophomore-season-at-cal/

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF8C00"]Celina Li Keeps Her Crown as Queen of the Pool[/COLOR][/SIZE]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209664240

[COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=4]Cal women’s swim’s Celina Li wins ‘Queen of the Pool’ title[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.dailycal.org/2014/09/22/cal-womens-swims-celina-li-wins-queen-pool-title/

-------------------

Noemie Thomas [COLOR="#696969"]21 Sept[/COLOR]
Bye bye SLO, back to Berkeley! #GoBears
Rachel Bootsma [COLOR="#696969"]19 Sept[/COLOR]
Bears taking on Cal Poly ������

��: @evagreene

-------------------
BearDevil
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842361469 said:

Cal Men's Swimming [COLOR="#696969"]19 Sept[/COLOR]
Photo evidence of the victors....

Celina wins two in a row. Don't see that happening next year when Sheriff Kathleen swims into B-town.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
BearDevil;842361485 said:

Celina wins two in a row. Don't see that happening next year when Sheriff Kathleen swims into B-town.

[COLOR="#3366ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Kathleen will certainly give Celina more than a run for the money next year. Both very talented women & extremely versatile in the strokes[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR] :acclaim:

-------------

Kristen Vredeveld [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
Sometimes I wear blue, other times I wear gold, but whenever I'm with my bears, I always wear a smile! ������

Kaylin Bing [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
We had a BEARy good time in SLO. ������
Missy Franklin [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
This team makes me so happy�������� The best decision I've ever made was becoming a Golden Bear #basic #whirlpool #whensthefinal

Rachel Bootsma [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
Sometimes you just gotta SLO down, enjoy life and GO FREAKING BEARS! ������
Caroline Piehl [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
Just in case you didn't know, Cal is the place to be #slo #hottubtime #gobears
taylor nanfria [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR] - SLO
How great it is to be a golden bear ��
Maija Roses [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR] - Cal Poly
And meet one as a Golden Bear is in the books... Love this team. ������
Кyle Coan [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
Had a great time at Cal Poly with the team! #GoBears

Cierra Runge [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR] - Cal Poly
First meet as a bear ✔️������
Elizabeth Pelton [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
Great weekend with the team in San Luis Obispo to kick off the 2014-2015 season! #GoBears #junioryear

Celina Li [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
Bears having SLO much fun��
Melanie Klaren [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
Thanks for taking one for the team Tuna! #gobears ������
Farida Osman �� [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
��

-------------

Cal Women's Swimming & Diving [COLOR="#696969"]20 Sept[/COLOR]
The Bears had a little fun on Saturday, competing in a couple of coed relays on the second day of the King/Queen of the Pool meet at Cal Poly. Freshmen Noemie Thomas and Maija Roses, along with men's swimmers Connor Green and Chuck Katis, claimed the 200 medley championship relay in 1:38.24, while Kaylin Bing and Caroline Piehl teamed with Kyle Coan and Will Hamilton to win the 200 free relay in 1:28.11.

-------------

Maija Roses [COLOR="#696969"]21 Sept[/COLOR] - Pismo
Morning ocean swims with whales, seals, and golden bears ����

Marina Garcia ⚓️ [COLOR="#696969"]21 Sept[/COLOR] - Pismo Beach, California
kickstarting a new season with my bears��

Catherine Breed [COLOR="#696969"]21 Sept[/COLOR]
Whales, seals and bears -Oh My!! Doesn't get better than this��☀️ #lifesgood #beachpics #lovemyteam #maybeitsanOrca #Scooter #blessed #notbasic

Melanie Klaren [COLOR="#696969"]21 Sept[/COLOR]
Had a phenomenal time these past 3 days with my bears. ������

-------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
OBear073akaSMFan;842350533 said:

There is the picture of the soph class with no Sophia Batchelor. I believe young and Speer are no longer on the team but what about Sophia? Hopefully she is delayed for some reason because she is definitely needed..

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]Cal All-American Sophia Batchelor Taking Trips, Planning to Transfer[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://swimswam.com/cal-american-sophia-batchelor-looking-transfer/
tedbear
Bummer! Good Luck wherever you go Sophia.

I think this hurts us more than I initially thought. Sophia finished 16th in the 100 Fly and 17th in the 200 Fly, with lots of graduating seniors ahead of her in both events. She also finished 21st in the 200 Back. As Georgia proved last year, depth of scoring is crucial in the NCAA Championships.
OBear073akaSMFan
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842360369 said:

-------------------

[SIZE=3][U]Women[/U]'s Roster[/SIZE]

http://www.calbears.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=762516&SPID=126517&DB_OEM_ID=30100&Q_SEASON=2014

-------------------

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR="#3366ff"]Taylor Young's still listed with the team, but not Sophia Batchelor apparently... [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

-------------------

BTW Taylor Young is no longer listed too. Probably mistakenly not taken off.
BearDevil
Taylor Young left the team mid-season. She swam a few early meets with her club team this Summer, but I assume she's retired from swimming altogether as she hasn't surfaced on any other teams's roster thus far.

Sophia wasn't a huge surprise, she was briefly suspended from the program last Fall. Didn't quite understand why she was still enrolled at Cal if she wasn't swimming, but it's a lot easier to look for a new school from America than from New Zealand. Best of luck to her. Reasonably big hit this season since the team will be scrambling for points behind Georgia and LSJU, but largely alleviated if Noemie and Mau come through and completely negated next season if Katie is good as everyone expects her to be.

Teri now has 8 relatively high $ swimmers (Missy, Batchelor, Kong, Cheng, Piehl, Bing, Klaren, and Breed) to replace. She won't have money problems to rebuild the team with the current recruiting class, but it will be a question of mutual fit. International recruits are so expensive (not eligible for US financial aid) that Teri probably wants to be much more selective with her future international recruits. The wrong international recruit is a very costly mistake.
OBear073akaSMFan
tedbear;842361942 said:

Bummer! Good Luck wherever you go Sophia.

I think this hurts us more than I initially thought. Sophia finished 16th in the 100 Fly and 17th in the 200 Fly, with lots of graduating seniors ahead of her in both events. She also finished 21st in the 200 Back. As Georgia proved last year, depth of scoring is crucial in the NCAA Championships.

Maybe we would could had use some Intervention from lauren Boyle. Look like she might have been on the campus Sept 16 . Per her twitter

Lauren Boyle @1aurenboyle Sep 16
My old stomping grounds <3 http://fb.me/2fhP8QiHr
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
Quote:

Missy Franklin
Quote:

[COLOR=#696969]20 Sept[/COLOR]

This team makes me so happy�������� The best decision I've ever made was becoming a Golden Bear #basic #whirlpool #whensthefinal

what an awesome photo!
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------

Cal Women's Swimming & Diving [COLOR="#696969"]22 Sept[/COLOR]
It's National Championship Week at Cal and the Golden Bears will be a big part of the festivities once again. This year, we'll celebrate Missy Franklin's 2014 NCAA title in the 200 free as well as the victory by the 800 free relay. The next time you're at Spieker, see if you can find where this banner is displayed.
[IMG]?oh=e4fe2d 5a208c9fcb1b407de2034f94d5&oe=549236AC[/IMG]

-------------

Liz Pelton [COLOR="#696969"]23 Sept[/COLOR] - University of California Berkeley
Celebrating National Championship Week with the best of friends and relay. #GoBears !! [COLOR="#0000CD"]@missyfranklin88 @cpiehl[/COLOR]
Caroline Piehl [COLOR="#696969"]23 Sept[/COLOR]
Happy National Championship week! #gobears #800freerelay [COLOR="#0000CD"]@missyfranklin88 @epelton16[/COLOR]

-------------

Rachel Bootsma [COLOR="#696969"]25 Sept[/COLOR]
❄️��❄️��❄️��❄️

-------------

Cal Women's Swimming & Diving [COLOR="#808080"]27 Sept[/COLOR]
Rachael Acker, Caroline Piehl, Elizabeth Pelton and Missy Franklin are all smiles on the field during Saturday's football game vs. Colorado as they are honored for their 2014 NCAA title in the 800 free relay during National Championship Week festivities. Go Bears!

-------------

[COLOR="#A52A2A"][SIZE=3]University of California 2013-14 National Champions![/SIZE][/COLOR]

The University of California honors its 2013-14 National Champions at halftime of the California vs. Colorado football game at Memorial Stadium in Berkeley. Those honored included: Cal Rugby, Cal Women's Crew, Cal Men's Crew, [U]Cal Women's Swimming relay winners and individual champion Missy Franklin, and Cal Men's Swimming, relay winners and individual champion Ryan Murphy[/U]. September 27, 2014.

[video=youtube;fOHbFsg7sMg][/video]

[COLOR="#696969"](Women's & Men's Swimming teams/individuals starting at around 1:52 into the video clip)[/COLOR]

-------------

[COLOR="#B22222"]Cal Swimming and Diving NCAA Champions Honored On-Field at Memorial Stadium[/COLOR]

http://swimswam.com/cal-swimming-diving-ncaa-champions-honored-field-memorial-stadium/

1:55 Cal Women's 800 Free Relay: Rachael Acker, Caroline Piehl, Elizabeth Pelton, and Missy Franklin (6:54.94)
2:15 Missy Franklin: 200 freestyle (1:40.31), setting a meet record, NCAA record, US Open record, and American record
2:45 Ryan Murphy: 100 backstroke (44.63); 200 backstroke (1:37.35), setting a meet record and NCAA record
3:07 Cal Men's 200 Free Relay: Tyler Messerschmidt, Ryan Murphy, Tony Cox, Seth Stubblefield (1:15.27)
3:30 Cal Men's 200 Medley Relay: Ryan Murphy, Chuck Katis, Tony Cox, Tyler Messerschmidt (1:22.83, setting Amercian record)
3:58 Cal Men's 400 Medley Relay: Ryan Murphy, Chuck Katis, Marcin Tarczynski, Seth Stubblefield (3:02.66)
4:30 Cal Men's Swimming and Diving Team

-------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-----------------

Cal Women's Swimming & Diving [COLOR="#696969"]1 Oct 2014[/COLOR]

Can't make it to all of Cal's meets this year? Then check out the Bears on TV as four meets - at Arizona and home vs. USC, UCLA and Stanford - plus the Pac-12 Championships will air on the Pac-12 Networks. For the full schedule, click here:

http://www.calbears.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=30100&SPID=126517&SPSID=749453

-----------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#DAA520"]Bears Head to Sunshine State for 3-Day Meet [/COLOR][/SIZE]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209691203

California makes the first of two cross-country trips this fall when the Golden Bears travel to Gainesville, Fla., for the All Florida Invitational Friday-Sunday. The meet, which marks Cal’s first-ever visit to the state, will feature squads from Florida State, Miami (FL), Villanova, North Carolina and Florida Gulf Coast, in addition to the Bears and host Gators.

Florida flew to the Bay Area last year to take part in a two-day dual meet with the Bears, an event Cal won by a score of 238-210 at Spieker Aquatics Complex, The Bears went on to placed third at the 2014 NCAA Championships, while Florida was sixth. Among the other schools Cal will see this weekend, North Carolina was 19th, Miami 21st, Florida State 30th and Florida Gulf Coast 32nd at the ‘14 NCAA meet.

Following four dual meets in October and November, including home dates vs. Oregon State and BYU on Oct. 23, vs. Texas on Oct. 31 and vs. Wisconsin on Nov. 7, Cal will return to the Eastern Time Zone for the Georgia Invitational Dec. 4-6, which will conclude competition for the fall.

-------------

[U][COLOR="#008000"]Schedule[/COLOR][/U]: https://www.dropbox.com/s/056ococf0z90ph8/Invite%20Timing-Events.pdf?n=252006370

[U][COLOR="#B22222"]Results[/COLOR][/U]: http://www.gatorzone.com/schedule.php?sport=swimm

-------------

Maija Roses [COLOR="#696969"]2 Oct (7 am)[/COLOR]
Off to Florida [SIZE=4][COLOR="#DAA520"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#0099ff"]��[/COLOR][COLOR="#8B4513"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

-------------

[COLOR="#40E0D0"][SIZE=4]Cal women’s swim heads south to Florida[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.dailycal.org/2014/10/03/cal-womens-swim-heads-south-florida/

The fall season for the Cal women’s swimming team is about to begin with a bang. Heading out to Gainesville, Florida, to face a number of teams including the Florida Gators, the Bears are about to face a top-10-caliber swimming team in their first true competition of the season.

“I think we are really just excited to test what we can do,” said junior Elizabeth Pelton. “It’s almost like there is an expectation on us, but it’s just excitement and enjoying the process.”

Taking part in the All Florida Invitational Friday through Sunday will be the Bears’ first team competition this year. The Bears have never visited the Sunshine State before, and this will be their first of two cross-country trips in the fall season; they’ll be visiting the University of Georgia in December. It is earlier in the season than usual for the Bears to be competing against such a high-level team, but they understand the importance of performing at their highest level.

“It’s hard to think its already time to compete,” Pelton said. “We’re pretty impressed and excited about how our team has been training, so I think it will be very interesting to see how we do. But, I think its going to be a good gauge of where we are as a team right now. I know a lot of people have a lot of questions about us.”

Other Florida teams competing include Florida State, Miami and Florida Gulf Coast, in addition to two teams from outside the state: Villanova and North Carolina.

After the third-place finish at the NCAAs, the Bears want to prove they are still one of the top national programs and pose a threat coming into this season. Competing against a highly regarded Florida team and strong other programs can give the Bears a chance to see how they will stack up against other teams later in the season.

“I think there are a lot of opportunities for us to see where we are,” Pelton said. “I know it will be a struggle to begin because its a lot of events, so it will just be a good problem-solving meet … So its just setting us up for a good future down in March.”

[COLOR="#696969"]Alaina Getzenberg covers women’s swim. Contact her at[/COLOR] agetzenberg@dailycal.org

-------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------

Catherine Breed [COLOR="#696969"]3 Oct[/COLOR]
Teri(unknowingly):"what day is it?" Whole team: *pause* "it's October 3rd!!!" [SIZE=4][COLOR="#DAA520"]����[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="#008080"]#TeamBondingMoment #MeanGirlsAppreciationDay[/COLOR]

-------------

swimswamnews [COLOR="#696969"]3 Oct[/COLOR]
The 2014 All Florida Invite begins today at UF. [U]Cal[/U], NSU, UNF, Miami, FGCU & Florida are in attendance for the three day meet #swimming #collegeswimming #swimswam #itsofficiallybegun #allfloridainvite

Gator Swimming [COLOR="#696969"]3 Oct[/COLOR]
The National Anthem is underway!

swimswamnews [COLOR="#696969"]3 Oct[/COLOR]
Cal is the only non-Florida school at the All Florida Invite; so obviously Missy Franklin will be getting her selfie on with all the Florida college swimmers! Here she is with one of FGCU's captains, Ellen Vann #swimming #swimswam #allfloridainvite #selfies #greatteeth #bigsmiles

-------------

[U]Cal's Cierra Runge[/U] wins the women's 500-yard freestyle prelim with a time of 4:52. UF's Megan Rankin comes in second, timing 4:52.85.
Megan Rankin and Jessica Thielmann achieved NCAA 'A' -standard times with their performances in the 500-yard freestyle.

[U]Cal's Celina Li[/U] wins the women's 200-yard IM with a time of 2:01.15. Lindsey McKnight is the fastest Gator, swimming 2:02.48..

-------------
BearDevil
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842372069 said:

-------------

[U]Cal's Cierra Runge[/U] wins the women's 500-yard freestyle prelim with a time of 4:52. UF's Megan Rankin comes in second, timing 4:52.85.
Megan Rankin and Jessica Thielmann achieved NCAA 'A' -standard times with their performances in the 500-yard freestyle.

[U]Cal's Celina Li[/U] wins the women's 200-yard IM with a time of 2:01.15. Lindsey McKnight is the fastest Gator, swimming 2:02.48..

-------------

http://swimswam.com/ncaa-releases-2014-2015-division-time-standards/

Nobody made an 2015 A or B cut in the 500 free; Celina made a B cut in the 200 IM
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------

Eva Greene [COLOR="#696969"]Oct 3 - it's october third[/COLOR]
We're like those girls who aren't really invited but show up anyway #shedoesntevengohere #allfloridainvite #gobears

Rachel Bootsma [COLOR="#696969"]Oct 3[/COLOR]
Does anyone know what the date is? #October3rd #Floridainvite #gobears

-------------

[U]Cal's Celina Li[/U] wins the women's open 200 IM.

Florida's Lindsey McKnight led the #Gators with a third place finish.

-------------

[COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=3][U]DAY 1 FINALS[/U] - Results[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.gatorzone.com/swimmingdiving/men/stats/box/20141003000000.html

-------------

[SIZE=3][COLOR="#B22222"]Florida Rolls to 9 Wins in 10 Races on Day 1 of All-Florida Invite[/COLOR][/SIZE]

http://swimswam.com/florida-rolls-9-wins-10-races-day-1-florida-invite/

-------------

[COLOR="#DAA520"][SIZE=3]Li, Pelton Lead Bears at All Florida Invite [/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209695753
[COLOR="#4B0082"]
Sophomore Celina Li and junior Elizabeth Pelton finished 1-2 in the 200-yard individual medley to lead the California women's swim team on the first day of the All Florida Invitational Friday.

Li posted the fastest time with a mark of 1:58.81, while Pelton was right behind in 1:59.09. The pair both reached the 200 IM final at last year's NCAA Championships, with Li taking third and Pelton fourth.

In addition to the 200 IM, Golden Bears recorded second-place performances in three other events. Freshman Cierra Runge was runner-up in the 500 free in 4:50.38, and both of Cal's relays were second the 200 free relay (Kaylin Bing, Rachael Acker, Rachel Bootsma, Farida Osman) in 1:32.02 and the 400 medley relay (Rachel Bootsma, Marina Garcia, Noemie Thomas, Caroline Piehl) in 3:42.70.

Missy Franklin was Cal's top finisher in the 50 free, taking fifth in 23.20, while she also won the B final (9th overall) of the 200 IM in 1:59.43.

The three-day meet featuring morning prelims and evening finals continues through Sunday. Seven schools are competing and each team can have a maximum of three swimmers in the A final.

Florida has the points lead with 346, with Cal second with 245 and Florida Gulf Coast third with 201.
[/COLOR][COLOR="#696969"]
All Florida Invitational
Day 1 Cal Results

[U]200 free relay[/U] 2. Kaylin Bing, Rachael Acker, Rachel Bootsma, Farida Osman 1:32.02
[U]500 free[/U] 2. Cierra Runge 4:50.38; 4. Elizabeth Pelton 4:54.24; 10. Catherine Breed 4:52.13
[U]200 IM[/U] 1. Celina Li 1:58.81; 2. Elizabeth Pelton 1:59.03; 9. Missy Franklin 1:59.43
[U]50 free[/U] 5. Missy Franklin 23.20; 6. Farida Osman 23.33; 9. Kaylin Bing 23.41
[U]400 medley relay[/U] 2. Rachel Bootsma, Marina Garcia, Noemie Thomas, Caroline Piehl 3:42.70
[/COLOR]
http://www.calbears.com/pdf9/2880741.pdf

[SIZE=3][COLOR="#0066ff"][FONT=Times New Roman][U]NOTE[/U]: Shouldn't [/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="#4B0082"]"each team can have a maximum of three swimmers in the A final"[/COLOR] [SIZE=3][COLOR="#0066ff"][FONT=Times New Roman] read more like "each team can have a maximum of three swimmers in the finals of individual events, with a limit of two in either final heat (A & B), plus a maximum of two relay teams in the finals"??[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

-------------

Teri McKeever [COLOR="#696969"]4 Oct[/COLOR]
Golden Bears enjoying Gainesville! Off to a good start. Gators r great hosts [SIZE=3][COLOR="#DAA520"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]!![COLOR="#0066cc"]#GoBears[/COLOR] [SIZE=3][COLOR="#8B4513"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

-------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------

Gator Swimming [COLOR="#696969"]4 Oct[/COLOR]

[U]Cal's Elizabeth Pelton[/U] won the 400-yard IM prelims in 4:20.76. Gator junior @JJThiel finished second with a time of 4:22.20.

[U]Cal's Missy Franklin[/U] recorded the top mark in the 200 Free prelims with a time of 1:48.83. Florida junior @JJThiel ranked second in 1:50.07.

-------------

Day 2 PRELIMS - [U]Results[/U]

http://www.gatorzone.com/swimmingdiving/men/stats/box/20141004000000.html

-------------
BearDevil
UrsusArctosCalifornicus;842372450 said:

-------------

Teri McKeever [COLOR="#696969"]4 Oct[/COLOR]
Golden Bears enjoying Gainesville! Off to a good start. Gators r great hosts [SIZE=3][COLOR="#DAA520"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]!![COLOR="#0066cc"]#GoBears[/COLOR] [SIZE=3][COLOR="#8B4513"]��[/COLOR][/SIZE]

-------------

Looks like Yvette Kong didn't make the trip.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------

[U]Cal's Kelly Naze[/U] won the A-Final of the 400-yard IM (4:17.80).

[U]Cal's Missy Franklin[/U] placed first in the women's 200 Free A-Final with a time of 1:46.37.

[U]Cal's Missy Franklin[/U] won the A-Final of the 100-yard backstroke in a time of 54.05 seconds.

[U]Cal[/U] won the 800-yard FR in a time of 7:20.65. UF finished second in 7:23.60.

-------------

[COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=3][U]DAY 2 FINALS[/U] - Results[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.gatorzone.com/swimmingdiving/women/boxscore.php?gameid=12633

http://www.gatorzone.com/swimmingdiving/women/stats/box/20141004000000.html

[U]Women - Team Rankings - Through Event 28[/U]

1. Florida, University of 720
2. University of California, Berk 590
3. Florida Gulf Coast University 472
4. Florida State University 460
5. University of Miami 270
6. Nova Southeastern University 114
7. University of North Florida 68

Both the Florida men's and women's squads stand in first place following day two of the All Florida Invitational!

[COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][U]Note[/U]: Umm *cough*, regarding the above assertion, I believe the team rankings are calculated from points scored in both the swimming and the diving? If this assumption is correct, then we are actually leading Florida 590 to 538 after 2 days of competition if we only count the swimming :p (we didn't bring our divers, whereas UF has already accumulated a whopping 182 points from just the Women's 1m + 3m diving events!)
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

-------------

[COLOR="#DAA520"][SIZE=3]Franklin, Naze Shine at All Florida Invitational[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209697082
[COLOR="#4B0082"]
The Golden Bears came out strong on the second day of the All Florida Invitational Saturday, winning four of seven events. Missy Franklin claimed a pair of races, taking first in the 200-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke, while Kelly Naze prevailed in the 400 individual medley and Cal captured the 800 free relay.

Franklin, who owns the American record in the 200 free from her victory at last year’s NCAA Championships, won the event in 1:46.37, with teammate Camille Cheng second in 1:49.42. A short time later, Franklin touched ahead of the field in the 100 back in 54.05.

Naze prevailed in the A final of the 400 IM, finishing in 4:17.80, with junior Elizabeth Pelton next in 4:18.66. But the fastest time of the night went to Cal sophomore Celina Li, who won the B final in 4:17.79.

The quartet of Caroline Piehl, Catherine Breed, Cierra Runge and Cheng closed out the session with a first-place showing in the 800 free relay, posting a time of 7:20.65.

In other events, freshman Noemie Thomas was runner-up in the 100 butterfly in 53.82, and Li took fourth in the 100 breaststroke in 1:04.84. In addition, the 200 medley relay of Rachel Bootsma, Marina Garcia, Thomas and Farida Osman was second in 1:41.46

Florida has the points lead with 720, with Cal second with 590 and Florida Gulf Coast third with 472.
All Florida Invitational

Day 2 Cal Results

[U]200 medley relay[/U] – 2. Rachel Bootsma, Marina Garcia, Noemie Thomas, Farida Osman 1:41.46
[U]400 IM[/U] – 1. Kelly Naze 4:17.80; 2. Elizabeth Pelton 4:18.66; 9. Celina Li 4:17.79
[U]100 butterfly[/U] – 2. Noemie Thomas 53.82; 5. Jasmine Mau 55.66; 9. Farida Osman 54.57
[U]200 freestyle[/U] – 1. Missy Franklin 1:46.37; 2. Camille Cheng 1:49.42; 9. Cierra Runge 1:51.43
[U]100 breaststroke[/U] – 4 Celina Li 1:04.84; 5. Marina Garcia 1:04.99; 11. Maija Roses 1:06.41
[U]100 backstroke[/U] – 1. Missy Franklin 54.05; 2. 4. Melanie Klaren 55.35; 9. Elizabeth Pelton 54.91
[U]800 free relay[/U] – 1. Caroline Piehl, Catherine Breed, Cierra Runge, Camille Cheng 7:20.65[/COLOR]

http://www.calbears.com/pdf9/2882115.pdf

-------------

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=3]Missy Franklin Looks Healthy in Two-Win Session; Pawel Werner Impresses Gregg Troy at All-Florida Invite [/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://swimswam.com/missy-franklin-looks-healthy-two-win-session-pawel-werner-impresses-gregg-troy-florida-invite/

-------------
icecream12345
thanks UAC!
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------

Gator Swimming [COLOR="#696969"]5 Oct[/COLOR]

[U]Cal's Elizabeth Pelton[/U] got the top time in the 200-yard back prelims with a time of 1:56.08.

[U]Cal's Celina Li[/U] clocked the fastest time in the women's 200-yard fly prelims.

-------------

Day 3 PRELIMS - [U]Results[/U]

http://www.gatorzone.com/swimmingdiving/women/stats/box/20141005000000.html

-------------

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=3]Liz Pelton's 1:56 in the 200 Back Highlights Sunday Morning at All-Florida Invite[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://swimswam.com/liz-peltons-156-200-back-highlights-sunday-morning-florida-invite/

-------------
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
-------------

Gator Swimming [COLOR="#696969"]5 Oct[/COLOR]

[U]Cal's Elizabeth Pelton[/U] wins the women's 200-yard backstroke in 1:54.23.

[U]Cal's Marina Garcia Urzainqui[/U] wins the women's 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:15.88.

[U]Cal's Celina Li[/U] wins the women's 200-yard butterfly in 1:58.38.

Women's team final scores: 1) UF, 956; 2) Cal, 861; 3) FGCU, 661; 4) FSU, 634; 5) UM, 389; 6) Nova, 169; 7) UNF, 97

UF's men and women wins their fifth-straight Pinch A Penny All Florida Invite titles! #ItsGreatUF

-------------

[COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=3][U]DAY 3 FINALS[/U] - Results[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.gatorzone.com/swimmingdiving/women/stats/box/20141005000000.html

[U]Women - Team Rankings - Through Event 40[/U]

1. Florida, University of 956
2. University of California, Berk 861
3. Florida Gulf Coast University 661
4. Florida State University 634
5. University of Miami 389
6. Nova Southeastern University 169
7. University of North Florida 97

-------------

[COLOR="#DAA520"][SIZE=3]Pelton, Garcia, Li Prevail at All Florida Invite[/SIZE][/COLOR]

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209698579
[COLOR="#4B0082"]
Junior Elizabeth Pelton took the lead from the start and surged to an impressive time of 1:54.23 to capture the 200-yard backstroke, leading three Golden Bear winners on the final day of the All Florida Invitational Sunday.

In addition to Pelton, sophomore Marina Garcia out-dueled sophomore Celina Li to claim the 200 breaststroke, while Li came back to win the 200-yard butterfly.

With Pelton and Missy Franklin seeded in the top two positions of the 200 back, Pelton build a nearly one-second advantage through the first 100 yards and cruised home with an NCAA B qualifying time and ahead of Franklin’s 1:56.62. Pelton is the two-time defending Pac-12 champion in the event, as well as the 2013 NCAA champion.

Both Cal swimmers returned to the pool for the next event – the 100 freestyle – with Franklin finishing third in 49.87 and Pelton fifth in 50.99. Junior Rachael Acker took first in the B final with a time of 50.76.

In the 200 breast, Garcia won by a comfortable margin, touching first in 2:15.88, with Li second in 2:18.72. Just a few moments later, Li won the 200 fly by more than three seconds over teammate Noemie Thomas, 1:58.38 to 2:01.45. The second-best time of the evening session went to freshman Jasmine Mau, who claimed the B final in 2:00.92.

Racing for the three-day meet concluded with the 400 free relay, and the foursome of Camille Cheng, Acker, Rachel Bootsma and Farida Osman came in second in 2:21.63.

Host Florida won the team competition with 956 points, with Cal second with 861 and Florida Gulf Coast third with 661.

In all, the Bears won eight events over the course of the weekend, Franklin (200 free, 100 back) and Li (200 fly, 200 IM) both rose to the top of the victory stand twice. Kelly Naze (400 IM), Garcia (200 breast) and Pelton (200 back) each claimed one individual race, and the 800 free relay of Caroline Piehl, Catherine Breed, Cierra Runge and Camille Chang placed first, as well.

All Florida Invitational

Day 3 Cal Results

[U]1650 free[/U] – 2. Cierra Runge 16:40.89; 5. Catherine Breed 17:08.11
[U]200 back[/U] – 1. Elizabeth Pelton 1:54.23; 2. Missy Franklin 1:56.62; 9. Melanie Klaren 1:59.48
[U]100 free[/U] – 3. Missy Franklin 49.87; 5. Elizabeth Pelton 50.99; 9. Rachael Acker 50.76
[U]200 breast[/U] – 1. Marina Garcia 2:15.88; 2. Celina Li 2:18.72; 9. Maija Roses 2:20.28
[U]200 fly[/U] – 1. Celina Li 1:58.38; 3. Noemie Thomas 2:01.45; 9. Jasmin Mau 2:00.92
[U]400 free relay[/U] – 2. Camille Cheng, Rachael Acker, Rachel Bootsma, Farida Osman 3:21.63[/COLOR]

http://www.calbears.com/pdf9/2883939.pdf

-------------
BearDevil
Pelton's 200 back time (1:54.23) is an extremely fast early season time. Would have been a scorer at 2014 NCAAs, so despite it not being an A cut, for sure she's "invited" to NCAAs based on that swim alone. Know she already has some other B cuts, so all she has to worry about the rest of the season is improving her prelim seeds and determining her best program for the Bears. Would guess she'll be eligible to swim 200 back, 100 back, 200 free, 100 free, 200 IM, 400 IM, and maybe 50 free.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.