What's your guys opinion on the Nord Stream explosion?

22,747 Views | 305 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by movielover
BearHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tequila4kapp said:

Oh goodie, a mini-Ukraine thread…

I don't care who blew up the pipeline, other than I can't congratulate them. Germany shouldn't be buying gas from our mutual enemy; Russia should face consequences for invading a sovereign state.

It doesn't bother you that the Biden administration may have created one of the greatest man-made, marine environmental disasters in history?
smh
still early in the age of uncontrolled global warning, shucks, nothing matters much.
tequila4kapp
Cal88 said:

tequila4kapp said:

I don't care who blew up the pipeline, other than I can't congratulate them. Germany shouldn't be buying gas from our mutual enemy; Russia should face consequences for invading a sovereign state.

It's Germany's business, not yours or the US'. Germany is far better off buying large quantities of cheap Russian gas, and the Russian market potentially is the largest in Europe.

Thousands of small businesses, large industrial manufacturers and tens of millions of consumers are undergoing severe economic hardships because of the obsession by some in the NATO camp to revive the Cold War.
It is absolutely our business. Our supposed security partner should not be economically strengthening our supposed mutual security enemy. Especially true when Germany de facto forces us to provide their defense against Russia because they refuse to spend on defense per the NATO charter.
tequila4kapp
BearHunter said:

tequila4kapp said:

It doesn't bother you that the Biden administration may have created one of the greatest man-made, marine environmental disasters in history?
Of course not. I never even thought about it once until you just mentioned it. I'm infinitely more worried about the actual war, the innocent people killed, the needless deaths, Russia's naked aggression, etc
BearHunter
tequila4kapp said:

BearHunter said:

tequila4kapp said:

Of course not. I never even thought about it once until you just mentioned it. I'm infinitely more worried about the actual war, the innocent people killed, the needless deaths, Russia's naked aggression, etc
I wonder if Biden gave Angela Merkel a heads up and told her he's going to blast the gas line to her house?
Cal88
Scholz was already in place before the war started. I don't think he got any advance notice, he's the weakest Chancellor in the post-war history of Germany. German intelligence agencies might have known though, but they take their orders from NATO.
tequila4kapp
10% For The Big Guy said:

tequila4kapp said:

Cal88 said:

tequila4kapp said:

It's Germany's business, not yours or the US'. Germany is far better off buying large quantities of cheap Russian gas, and the Russian market potentially is the largest in Europe.

Thousands of small businesses, large industrial manufacturers and tens of millions of consumers are undergoing severe economic hardships because of the obsession by some in the NATO camp to revive the Cold War.
It is absolutely our business. Our supposed security partner should not be economically strengthening our supposed mutual security enemy. Especially true when Germany de facto forces us to provide their defense against Russia because they refuse to spend on defense per the NATO charter.
So you bomb your ally's infrastructure when they do something you don't like?
We don't know who did it.
Whoever did it, the infrastructure would have been fine if Russia didn't invade Ukraine.
tequila4kapp

tequila4kapp said:

BearHunter said:

tequila4kapp said:

There's a great solution for that. Negotiate a peace treaty.
I hope that happens immediately
Cal88
tequila4kapp said:

tequila4kapp said:

Cal88 said:

tequila4kapp said:

So you bomb your ally's infrastructure when they do something you don't like?
We don't know who did it.
Whoever did it, the infrastructure would have been fine if Russia didn't invade Ukraine.

Yes indeed, Russia invading Ukraine resulted in the largest act of state terror and industrial sabotage in history. Promises made, promises kept.
bear2034

Do you believe Putin or do you believe your own government?
82gradDLSdad
bear2034 said:

Neither. Not sure either where I'd get a truthful answer.
bear2034
82gradDLSdad said:

bear2034 said:

Neither. Not sure either where I'd get a truthful answer.

But what if they both said the same thing?

Biden previously said if Russia invades, "they will bring an end to Nord Stream 2".
Zippergate

When they tell you exactly what they're about, why don't you believe them?

https://vigilantnews.com/post/democrat-says-the-quiet-part-out-loud-our-strategy-failed-the-people-we-care-about-the-most-the-undocumented-americans-video/

"Democrat Senator Chris Murphy said the quiet part out loud on MSNBC on Wednesday night.

"Senator Chris Murphy (D-Conn.): Well, I mean, Chris, that's been a failed play for 20 years. So you are right that that has been the Democratic strategy for 30 years, maybe. And it has failed to deliver for the people we care about most, the undocumented Americans that are in this country. This is also not 2013 any longer. When we ran that play last."

Get them in. Make them citizens. Rule forever. The Democratic gameplan in a nutshell.
Cal88
bear2034
LOL!
bear2034
2022: Germany says it won't be buying Russian oil in 2023
2023: Russian oil finds wide open back door to Europe
cbbass1
Who could POSSIBLY want to thwart an international investigation of the Nordstream sabotage??

[url=https://press.un.org/en/2023/sc15243.doc.htm][UN] Security Council Rejects Draft Resolution Establishing Commission to Investigate Sabotage of Nord Stream Pipeline[/url]

Russia, China, & Brazil voted in favor of an investigation.

There were no votes against(!).

And there were 12 abstentions. So the resolution was defeated.

The justifications from the U.S. and its client states against the resolution are laughable. They didn't want an investigation. Period.

The U.S., in every action before the sabotage and after the sabotage, is making it clear that we (the U.S.) destroyed the Nordstream pipelines.
Unit2Sucks
cbbass1 said:

Who could POSSIBLY want to thwart an international investigation of the Nordstream sabotage??
What is there to investigate? Russia is stronger than ever according to the handlers who provide information to very knowledgeable posters on BI. With all of Russia's new strength and success, they should be thankful for whoever did them the courtesy of blowing up NS. You know, with the butterfly effect and all that, Russia might not be the strongest and free-est nation in the world were it not for the benevolence of the saboteurs.

You seem to be plugged into certain streams of Russian disinformation but you have to get the firehose directly if you really want to understand what's going on in the world.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

What is there to investigate? Russia is stronger than ever according to the handlers who provide information to very knowledgeable posters on BI. With all of Russia's new strength and success, they should be thankful for whoever did them the courtesy of blowing up NS. You know, with the butterfly effect and all that, Russia might not be the strongest and free-est nation in the world were it not for the benevolence of the saboteurs.

You seem to be plugged into certain streams of Russian disinformation but you have to get the firehose directly if you really want to understand what's going on in the world.

The investigation is to determine who blew up the pipeline.
dajo9
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Sounds like an internal matter for Russia and Germany
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Russia blames the UK, US, and Ukraine. US has denied it, despite Biden saying he was going to shut it down before it blew up. Both Russia and the US have lied quite a bit. Germany has kept silent. It blew up a year and a half ago. Perhaps the truth will come out at some point.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Russia blames the UK, US, and Ukraine. US has denied it, despite Biden saying he was going to shut it down before it blew up. Both Russia and the US have lied quite a bit. Germany has kept silent. It blew up a year and a half ago. Perhaps the truth will come out at some point.
Why do you care?
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Why do you care?

Why are you asking me why I care?
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Why do you care?

You seem to have an inordinate amount of interest in matters that are not concerns of the U.S. or our democracy. So, I'll ask again. Why do care?
Cal88
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Why do you care?

It is the largest act of state terror on a country's infrastructure in history, funded by our tax money, as a result of which tens of millions of people and businesses across Europe have been hurt through higher energy costs.
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Why do you care?

You seem to have an inordinate amount of interest in matters that are not concerns of the U.S. or our democracy. So, I'll ask again. Why do care?

Because it absolutely concerns the US. Did you know we have sent Ukraine nearly 100 billion dollars? Thanks for asking!
concordtom
He wants for the US or the western alliance to be found to blame. And maybe they are! But his lean is revealed.
oski003
concordtom said:

He wants for the US or the western alliance to be found to blame.

What I really want it for it to be Russia's fault, they apologize, and then they withdraw from Ukraine altogether. Unfortunately, I live in the real world where it appears the US is using Ukraine as a pawn to weaken Russia.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Why do you care?

It is the largest act of state terror on a country's infrastructure in history,
Germany and Russian are perfectly capable of conducting investigations
Quote:

funded by our tax money,

That's quite the claim. Do you have evidence to support that accusation?

Quote:

as a result of which tens of millions of people and businesses across Europe have been hurt through higher energy costs.

Sounds like a Europe issue. The only European country to vote for the investigation was Russia while 4 other European countries voted with the U.S. I don't support the U.S. being the police of the world and I don't have much faith in the UN to sort out matters like this.
concordtom
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Why do you care?

Because it absolutely concerns the US. Did you know we have sent Ukraine nearly 100 billion dollars? Thanks for asking!

That was the retail value of weaponry manufactured in the US?

How much was akin to a domestic spend program, hiring American workers who feed their families, buy products and services in the US, and pay US taxes?

Mind you, I don't believe in such federal stimulation programs, but it's not as you say, "sending Ukraine $100B".
concordtom
Let's take the economics out of it, though.
I'd like to hear your opinion on the geopolitical aspects of Russia invading and taking another country by military force, in Europe.
concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

He wants for the US or the western alliance to be found to blame.

What I really want it for it to be Russia's fault, they apologize, and then they withdraw from Ukraine altogether. Unfortunately, I live in the real world where it appears the US is using Ukraine as a pawn to weaken Russia.

And Russia SHOULD BE WEAKENED, dammit!
They flocking invaded Ukraine and took Crimea. They have been fighting in the Donbas. They've launched all out war.
If they cause the meltdown of that nuclear power plant….

It's a horrible thing they have been doing.
But you want to focus on a pipeline which feeds them money for their war machine. I don't get it.
Cal88
That's right, you don't get it.
oski003
concordtom said:

Let's take the economics out of it, though.
I'd like to hear your opinion on the geopolitical aspects of Russia invading and taking another country by military force, in Europe.

Hi concordtom. Check out this thread. It is all about the war!

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/107414/replies/2307492
Lets Go Brandon 8
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

Why do you care?
Because when the United States causes the largest man-made environmental disaster in history for geopolitical ends, they should be held accountable for it. But that's okay. Everyone who would hold Biden accountable for it at the ballot box already knows the U.S. did it and the ones who know who would hold him accountable, but would vote for him anyway are hypocrites, just like they're hypocrites about the failed proxy war in Ukraine that Russia won and the genocide in Gaza that was funded by U.S. weapons and foreign aid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.