Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

121,825 Views | 1691 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Eastern Oregon Bear
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
which one of you will quit twitter? Musk is obviously going to bring back the Big Orange one, that's gotta make you mad enough to quit the platform. Step up and tell us. I may finally make an account now.

"Look at Okaydo... Oopsie Okaydo....always making Oopsie's. He's gonna love my tweets. We are gonna Make Twitter Great Again!"
Unit2Sucks
Trump returning to twitter is just in time to help Biden win the midterms. Most people hate Trump and the more they see him the more they realize what a clown he is. The good news is this will allow him to finish killing off any chance the GOP had at a nationwide platform.

Most people aren't active twitter users so I doubt Musk/Trump will make a difference. I could see Musk using twitter access like a cudgel against Trump, but let's see.
Eastern Oregon Bear
MinotStateBeav said:

which one of you will quit twitter? Musk is obviously going to bring back the Big Orange one, that's gotta make you mad enough to quit the platform. Step up and tell us.

Most people don't have the highly elevated sense of outrage and victimhood that you do. I didn't quit Twitter when Trump was spouting his poorly thought out stream of consciousness tweets and I didn't quit when he was banned. If Trump is allowed back on Twitter, I'll shake my head but it won't change my Twitter status. I'll continue to make my 2 or 3 tweets per year.
SBGold
MinotStateBeav said:

which one of you will quit twitter? Musk is obviously going to bring back the Big Orange one, that's gotta make you mad enough to quit the platform. Step up and tell us. I may finally make an account now.

"Look at Okaydo... Oopsie Okaydo....always making Oopsie's. He's gonna love my tweets. We are gonna Make Twitter Great Again!"

Twitter is a waste, I never signed up for it. What's the point when you have BI Off Topic?
MinotStateBeav
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

which one of you will quit twitter? Musk is obviously going to bring back the Big Orange one, that's gotta make you mad enough to quit the platform. Step up and tell us.

Most people don't have the highly elevated sense of outrage and victimhood that you do. I didn't quit Twitter when Trump was spouting his poorly thought out stream of consciousness tweets and I didn't quit when he was banned. If Trump is allowed back on Twitter, I'll shake my head but it won't change my Twitter status. I'll continue to make my 2 or 3 tweets per year.
okaydo
Looks like Elon realized he was going to lose the trial and decided to save face.

76BearsFly
Good news. I quit a year or so ago, maybe I'll sign up again. It did have some funny videos etc….
concordtom
Trump returning to Twitter would be the first time he ever admitted one of his ventures was a Total Loser:
Truth social.
concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

Musk is obviously going to bring back the Big Orange one, that's gotta make you mad enough to quit the platform.

You know it's true…. Trump is currently in such deep **** on so many legal fronts. He's not going to be able to dig his way out of it this time and re-ascend to power.

Therefore, his upcoming tweets will only serve two purposes:

A) amusement. Watch him squirm and squeal before the slaughter.
B) further indict himself.

I'm sure his pea-brained lawyers are really looking forward to him spouting off!
So are the prosecution's lawyers!!

"Make my day!"

MinotStateBeav
DiabloWags
No one cares.
They really dont.

The only real interesting aspect to this whole "saga" is how Elon doesnt want to be deposed.
Imagine spending $44 BILLION so that you arent deposed.

lol

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

No one cares.
They really dont.

The only real interesting aspect to this whole "saga" is how Elon doesnt want to be deposed.
Imagine spending $44 BILLION so that you arent deposed.

lol

I care about this and know many who do. It is very interesting.
concordtom

Wanna bet?
DiabloWags
MinotStateBeav said:

Digital World Acquisition Company (DWAC) has been pounded.

You remember DWAC right?
They were the blank check company that was supposed to merge with Trump's Truth Social.

Shares of DWAC have collapsed from $175 per share to $17.

Truth Social is swirling the drain.

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Digital World Acquisition Company (DWAC) has been pounded.

You remember DWAC right?
They were the blank check company that was supposed to merge with Trump's Truth Social.

Shares of DWAC have collapsed from $175 per share to $17.

Truth Social is swirling the drain.

Thx
I was actually wondering about that yesterday when I heard the news.

Suspicions confirmed.
concordtom
bearister said:

Lol
So what's the knock on effect to Tesla stock?
Has he found another partner or will he be forced to sell more stock? Or both.
okaydo

MinotStateBeav
okaydo said:

You know Elon is right about eastern Ukraine though. I watched a Ukrainian Foreign Fighter (American) talk about how they operate away from civilians in Eastern Ukraine because the population is so pro-Russian. This is a guy fighting FOR Ukraine.

saw it awhile ago...here's the link, highly encourage to watch the whole interview btw..its interesting.
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

Lol

That's not the issue.
I think you're missing the Big Picture.

What Elon is now doing is getting yet another opportunity to get out of the "deal".

The agreement with Twitter has always been dependent on obtaining debt financing.
He knows damn well that economic conditions and financial liquidity are far worse than back in April when he initially announced the deal and interest rates were lower.. - - - The Banks are in this for $12.5 Billion and financial market conditions have clearly changed from April. It might not be all that easy to "offload" that debt to outside investors, hedge funds, and other financial institutions (for the fees that they make). As a result, their RISK just went up Big Time.

Musk's secret "wild" card has always been that suddenly lenders walk in and say that they're not willing to finance it. He winds up avoiding a deposition, a lawsuit, and going through with a $44 Billion dollar deal that puts a lot of pressure (and risk) to Tesla shareholders. - - - He simply pays a $1 Billion dollar break-up fee and moves on.
concordtom
okaydo said:

Go back to just 1900 and "Russian", even in the eastern portion, was a small minority in Ukraine. At least that's what I learned when studying where my grandmother's parents came from! They are buried in the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Youngstown Ohio.

Russia/Soviet Union has basically committed, what's it called? Cultural Replacement Theory? Putin is now simply trying to wipe out Ukrainians. Genocide.
DiabloWags
Looks like there are estimates running around the Street that if this deal goes through, the Banks will be on the hook for an estimated $500 million in losses if they tried to unload all of the debt to third party investors, per 9fin, a leveraged finance analytics firm.
okaydo

concordtom
DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

Lol

That's not the issue.

What Elon is now doing is getting yet another opportunity to get out of the "deal".

The agreement with Twitter has always been dependent on obtaining debt financing.
He knows damn well that economic conditions and financial liquidity are far worse than back in April when he initially announced the deal and interest rates were lower.. - - - The Banks are in this for $12.5 Billion and financial market conditions have clearly changed from April. It might not be all that easy to "offload" that debt to outside investors, hedge funds, and other financial institutions (for the fees that they make). As a result, their RISK just went up Big Time.

Musk's secret "wild" card has always been that suddenly lenders walk in and say that they're not willing to finance it. He winds up avoiding a deposition, a lawsuit, and going through with a $44 Billion dollar deal that puts a lot of pressure (and risk) to Tesla shareholders. - - - He simply pays a $1 Billion dollar break-up fee and moves on.

Simply pay $1B
Haha
BearNIt
Only 27% of Americans use Twitter and they lean Democrat by around 15%. If Musk gets control of Twitter its viability will be in question.
BearNIt
okaydo said:

Somebody take the keyboard away from this man who is obviously not taking his medication.
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

Lol

That's not the issue.

Simply pay $1B
Haha

Much easier for Musk to do that then to have to have TESLA shares serve as collateral for a Digital Media platform that he has no experience in.

Not to mention pissing off all of the Banks and bagging them with hundreds of millions of dollars of losses..... banks that he may need financial assistance with when it comes to raising money for Tesla, SpaceX, etc.

okaydo
okaydo
DiabloWags
Not surprising.
Tesla's manufacturing plant in Shanghai delivered over 83,000 of his cars last quarter.

okaydo

Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

Take it from Elon Musk, being an ultra rich white dude is so unfair. It's basically like slavery*

* if you think about it, people, including slaves, said and thought some very rude things about rich white slave owners. I think that's why we had the civil war - because people were being unfair to slavers. No one ever thinks about how hard it was on them. Very fine people on both sides.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

Very fine people on both sides.

MinotStateBeav
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Very fine people on both sides.

Certainly looks like both sides have extremist idiots.

Antifa setting fire to a building

Antifa set fire to another building

Antifa dressed as fireman setting fires in OR, WA and CA

No description necessary

Antifa doing what they do

DiabloWags

But only one group defied our Constitution and tried overthrowing our Government on January 6th.

For some reason, your "whataboutism" conveniently ignores that fact.

And that's why you lack credibility here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.