Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

124,183 Views | 1692 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by oski003
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

These guys got played
American Vermin
sycasey
oski003 said:

What kind of privileged dolts are crying because they can't use someone's media to recruit them away and to a rival media? This is madness. Liberals are ducking insane.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're missing the point, but this is about Elon Musk claiming he was going to make Twitter a "free speech" zone and then turning around and banning his competitors and reporters who criticize him. It's the hypocrisy they're commenting on.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

What kind of privileged dolts are crying because they can't use someone's media to recruit them away and to a rival media? This is madness. Liberals are ducking insane.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you're missing the point, but this is about Elon Musk claiming he was going to make Twitter a "free speech" zone and then turning around and banning his competitors and reporters who criticize him. It's the hypocrisy they're commenting on.

If Twitter starts repressing liberal views outside of whiny liberals trying to destroy it, you would have an argument with some substance. I absolutely get it.
dajo9
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

If Twitter starts repressing liberal views outside of whiny liberals trying to destroy it, you would have an argument with some substance. I absolutely get it.

Have you always been slow?
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Have you always been slow?

If Twitter starts repressing liberal views outside of whiny liberals trying to destroy it, you would have an argument with some substance. They should ban the crap out of these whiny babies and someone tweeting his movements. Have you always been slow?
WalterSobchak
https://www.wheresmusk.com/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
movielover
okaydo said:

FREE SPEECH!

LOL!

https://www.mediaite.com/tech/twitter-suspends-several-reporters-accounts-in-thursday-night-massacre-i-havent-been-given-a-reason/

Start your own company. Ha!
movielover
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Liberals have been banning Conservatives by the hundreds for years, and most Libs didn't care.

Now a couple of narrative engineer drones get a similar treatment, and within a few hours we have crocodile tears from the Left. Yes, hypocrisy.
dimitrig
movielover said:

okaydo said:

FREE SPEECH!

LOL!

https://www.mediaite.com/tech/twitter-suspends-several-reporters-accounts-in-thursday-night-massacre-i-havent-been-given-a-reason/

You mean "Buy your own company."
DiabloWags
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Yup.
He missed the point once again.
As you said, not really surprising.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

What does "free speech" mean to you?
sycasey
movielover said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

Liberals have been banning Conservatives by the hundreds fir years, and most Libs didn't care.

Now a couple of narrative engineer drones get a similar treatment, and within a few hours we have crocodile tears from the Left. Yes, hypocrisy.

Thank you for confirming that you don't really care about free speech. You only care about the speech you like.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

Jack Dorsey started Twitter.
Not Elon Musk.

Duh.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Unit2Sucks
Conservatives have never really believed in or understood the first amendment. They have no idea what free speech means and don't really care. This was all pretty predictable.

Credit again to Okaydo for posting this recently - pretty much says it all.

As for Elno's and twitter, the only question is how long before Elno goes full Kanye, McAfee or Howard Hughes. He's clearly spiraling right now.

WalterSobchak
WalterSobchak said:

Unit2Sucks said:

WalterSobchak said:

Pretty convenient that this harrowing incident happened on the exact same day he blocked Sweeney's flight tracker from Twitter, but had no power to do so on its other platforms. Now he will undoubtedly seek an injunction from the courts to do just that. Coincidence? I guess the evidence will tell the tale...
Are you suggesting this is a false flag? I don't see what a flight tracker has to do with someone following a car.

As for the other discussion about shifts in ideology, Pew shows the conservatives moving to the right faster than liberals moving to the left.

I don't see the connection either, but Elon made it. I can only assume this car was the transport from the airport and that the incident took place somewhere along the route. And yes I'm suspicious about the timing given the clear motive.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WhitePeopleTwitter/comments/zn1q5d/twitter_suspended_account_informing_no_crime/
dajo9
Democrats have endured one directional political media from Drudge Report, Fox News, InfoWars, and on and on for decades. What conservatives want - and call free speech - is media that supports their viewpoint. Elmo Musk is giving them another tool for that in Twitter.

What he purchased for billions of dollars is right wing celebrity status. He thought he could go on stage in the Bay Area with Dave Chappelle and be cheered. But he was booed. What he's going to learn is what he bought is celebrity status in far less fashionable places than that.
American Vermin
bearister
He is diversifying his product line:

What does it smell like?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
The day after this, Musk turned off the "Spaces" feature on Twitter. Free speech.

MinotStateBeav
lol

dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

lol

I always appreciate journalists pointing out the hypocrisy of the rich and powerful
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

I always appreciate journalists pointing out the hypocrisy of the rich and powerful
You'll have to forgive minot, he's just a typical coastal elitist who defends the rich and powerful like Elon and Trump. That's what populist means now right?
oski003
dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

The whining crybaby posted a link to the jet tracker. Good riddance.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Musk is a snowflake and you are a fanboy
American Vermin
sycasey
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Can you explain why the jet tracker goes against free speech rules? The information is public knowledge, is it not?
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Can you explain why the jet tracker goes against free speech rules? The information is public knowledge, is it not?
Where have I ever said it goes against free speech rules? Can you provide a link to my post please?
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Where have I ever said it goes against free speech rules? Can you provide a link to my post please?
Elon said it did . . . called it doxxing.

Anyway, why do you object to the jet tracker?
MinotStateBeav
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

"The billionaire and new Twitter owner does seem to have opted into a program offered by the Federal Aviation Association called Limiting Aircraft Data Displayed, or LADD, in an effort to limit some information about his aircraft. Another website, FlightAware, does not show any flight information for Musk's jet, saying on its website it does so at the request of the owner."

Tracker guy is using a workaround to track the private jets. A lot of rich folks now are apparently just selling their private jets and using rentals to avoid being tracked.
okaydo
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

"The billionaire and new Twitter owner does seem to have opted into a program offered by the Federal Aviation Association called Limiting Aircraft Data Displayed, or LADD, in an effort to limit some information about his aircraft. Another website, FlightAware, does not show any flight information for Musk's jet, saying on its website it does so at the request of the owner."

Tracker guy is using a workaround to track the private jets. A lot of rich folks now are apparently just selling their private jets and using rentals to avoid being tracked.
Yeah, he's using data from various other tracking sources (all available publicly).

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/elon-musk-jet-tracking-is-it-legal-elonjet-rcna61996

Anyway, personally I don't even care if Elon wants to ban accounts that track his movements on his own website. That is his right as the owner. The problem is that he once said this:

And then suddenly, without warning, he banned that account and a bunch of people who posted links to it or stories about it. His moderation policies are no less capricious than the previous owners.
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Real time data of Musk's whereabouts should not be posted on the internet. The CEO of Twitter has every right to not allow real time data of his whereabouts to be posted or linked to on his platform. It is dangerous. Liberal tears seem to have a temporary hold on people's common sense.
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

Real time data of Musk's whereabouts should not be posted on the internet. The CEO of Twitter has every right to not allow real time data of his whereabouts to be posted or linked to on his platform. It is dangerous. Liberal tears seem to have a temporary hold on people's common sense.
So funny to see people like you post this. The FAA mandates that the information be broadcast from every airplane to anyone with a receiver. An amateur website crowdsources and aggregates it for enthusiasts.

Their position is quite simple - and very similar to what conservatives pretend like their positions is, except conservatives only really mean it when someone doesn't want to promote their dangerous or false misinformation.

Just more evidence that conservatives never really believed in free speech to begin with, not that it's ever really been in doubt for anyone paying attention.

Quote:

Streufert acknowledged that many airplane owners have reasonable privacy concerns. But when it comes to removing sensitive information, he said, the website doesn't seek to be an arbiter of data that is widely accessible.

"It gets into who's right and wrong," Streufert said. "When the war in Ukraine started, we got Russian oligarchs saying, 'Hey, hide my jet.' I don't want to be taking sides."

He continued: "We publish everything, and it already is public data. We're not sharing anything you couldn't find from many other sources."

The bigger question is why anyone would care about this nonsense. The answer for Elon is quite simple - buy 3 or 4 planes and have them flying random routes so no one ever knows where he is. Although to be honest, a lot of the movements are predictable and his location is regularly known (like when he makes his numerous public appearances) so I don't really see this as a safety risk to begin with.

Did Elno ban every account that posted videos of him getting booed in real time at the Dave Chapelle show? Because that showed his location in real time. Oh, I forgot, he banned people for posting those videos for other reasons. Because, free speech to conservatives means they can say whatever stupid **** they want and they can muzzle anything they don't want to hear.
okaydo
okaydo

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

lol

So funny to see people like you post this. The FAA mandates that the information be broadcast from every airplane to anyone with a receiver. An amateur website crowdsources and aggregates it for enthusiasts.

Their position is quite simple - and very similar to what conservatives pretend like their positions is, except conservatives only really mean it when someone doesn't want to promote their dangerous or false misinformation.

Just more evidence that conservatives never really believed in free speech to begin with, not that it's ever really been in doubt for anyone paying attention.

Quote:

Streufert acknowledged that many airplane owners have reasonable privacy concerns. But when it comes to removing sensitive information, he said, the website doesn't seek to be an arbiter of data that is widely accessible.

"It gets into who's right and wrong," Streufert said. "When the war in Ukraine started, we got Russian oligarchs saying, 'Hey, hide my jet.' I don't want to be taking sides."

He continued: "We publish everything, and it already is public data. We're not sharing anything you couldn't find from many other sources."

The bigger question is why anyone would care about this nonsense. The answer for Elon is quite simple - buy 3 or 4 planes and have them flying random routes so no one ever knows where he is. Although to be honest, a lot of the movements are predictable and his location is regularly known (like when he makes his numerous public appearances) so I don't really see this as a safety risk to begin with.

Did Elno ban every account that posted videos of him getting booed in real time at the Dave Chapelle show? Because that showed his location in real time. Oh, I forgot, he banned people for posting those videos for other reasons. Because, free speech to conservatives means they can say whatever stupid **** they want and they can muzzle anything they don't want to hear.

So funny to see people like you post this. Your post is irrelevant. I am not questioning the FAA's rules. I am simply defending Twitter's decision to not allow real time data of his jet's whereabouts to be broadcast on Twitter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.