Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

124,185 Views | 1692 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by oski003
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

A note of caution on the Twitter Files releases. A similar framework that we saw in the John Durham investigation. Both Bari Weiss and Matt Taibbi are drawing attention to the Twitter executives, but NOT drawing any attention to the gov't officials.
Lol Durham's investigation is a sham, so you are correct that these are similar "investigations."

I can't wait until Elmo buys Fox News and sheds light on what real government control and interference in media looks like. Even that wasn't enough to save the failing GOP. I expect to see even more thrash from these losers as they sink further into irrelevance and continue to lose national elections for the foreseeable future.
movielover
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

Nobody even knows what you are talking about at this point

"We were just moderating bro!, sure we had weekly meetings with the FBI who told us how to moderate, but that's still just moderating bro!"

You're telling me that Trump's FBI (run by republican Chris Wray) and Trump's DOJ (run by republican Bill Barr) got involved in the 2020 election against Trump?

Damn, bro. You make Trump sound like an incredibly weak and ineffective President.

But I agree with you that republicans can't be trusted.

The political establishment did not want Trump elected the first time nor reelected for a second term. If that makes Trump weak or ineffective, then he definitely was.

Who runs the "political establishment?" If not the President himself?

Simple. The private clubs - the DNC and GOP - along with the Democrat-dominated DC bureaucracy / UniParty. All the people feeding off the graft, consulting contracts, government largess, relatives, spouses, etc Chelsea Clintobs maix ic honor making millions drafting position papers for the ODNI claiming America is a warlike country bc of our Scottish roots (?); Biden's brother and son collecting graft from Ukraibe, China, and the Middle East; and McTurtle McConnell making Millions off connections in China.

Notice how the bureaucracy went apoplectic when President Trump relocated o e department out of
DC? Don't forget the Senior Executive Service (SES).
movielover
Perhaps the Potemkin Village, the face of Twitter, may drop as people realize what the free but expensive service (Twitter) is really all about.

Hint. Why, after Trump was elected, did Twitter hire over a dozen ex FBI / CIA agents and place them in Senior Management roles?

How is TikTok similar to Twitter?
movielover
dimitrig
movielover said:

If Elon Musk keeps making enemies he might accidentally fall out of a window. I don't understand why a guy who has it all wants to wrestle with pigs. He can't be that bored can he?
okaydo
oski003
okaydo said:

EMDS . Unhinged tweeters.
movielover
okaydo
movielover said:

Elon is scared of being mocked.

MinotStateBeav
okaydo said:

movielover said:

Elon is scared of being mocked.

Elon and Dave are friends apparently. That's cool.
oski003
Bunch of people conditioned to hate success. Musk is a threat to the welfare state.
sycasey
oski003 said:

Bunch of people conditioned to hate success. Musk is a threat to the welfare state.
I don't think these are the kinds of people showing up for Dave Chappelle these days. People just don't like Elon Musk.
dimitrig
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

I don't think these are the kinds of people showing up for Dave Chappelle these days. People just don't like Elon Musk.

People USED TO like Elon Musk or at least didn't care one way or another unless they worked for him.

He is really making an effort to destroy that goodwill and along with it value in his companies.

There was a time when I considered that my next car might be a Tesla, but that won't be the case now. I can't imagine I am the only one who feels that way.

"I think if you're a senior leader at Tesla, you're praying and hoping that either Elon changes focus or gets off this Twitter thing. You could point to Kanye as an example of how something can erode very quickly."

"That erosion is already underway, according to research by Morning Consult. Since Musk's Oct. 27 purchase of Twitter, Tesla's overall favorability has dropped 6.2 points among U.S. adults, according to a Nov. 17 study. The change for the EV brand is more dramatic among Americans surveyed who identify as Democrats, falling 20 points in the past month, while rising 3.9 points among Republicans, Morning Consult said."

"At some point, and we've probably already passed it, Musk's behavior damages the future prospects for Tesla as an auto manufacturer."

"If you're driving a Tesla, it's becoming: 'Let me see if I understand. There are options you had and you chose this one? Have you been listening lately to their CEO?"

(Source: Elon Musk's Twitter Antics Are Tarnishing Tesla)

Unit2Sucks
Elno has big Kanye energy right now. Do people really think it's going to end well? He seems highly likely to either go Howard Hughes or John McAfee in the next few years. I don't see him transitioning to elder stable rich guy like Buffett or Gates any time soon, if ever.
MinotStateBeav
sycasey
dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

People USED TO like Elon Musk or at least didn't care one way or another unless they worked for him.

He is really making an effort to destroy that goodwill and along with it value in his companies.
There are plenty of successful tech CEOs who just do the work of running their companies and otherwise mostly stay out of the public discourse. Do we think Tim Cook or Marc Benioff would get booed at such an event? Probably not.

But Elon wants to run his mouth on all kinds of topics so he gets what he gets.
MinotStateBeav
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

There are plenty of successful tech CEOs who just do the work of running their companies and otherwise mostly stay out of the public discourse. Do we think Tim Cook or Marc Benioff would get booed at such an event? Probably not.

You mean Tim Cook who has apple shutting off Apps to keep people from communicating during Protests in China? Stand up fella there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/apple-restricts-airdrop-to-10-minutes-in-china-amid-anti-government-protests/ar-AA14DYpC
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

You mean Tim Cook who has apple shutting off Apps to keep people from communicating during Protests in China? Stand up fella there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/apple-restricts-airdrop-to-10-minutes-in-china-amid-anti-government-protests/ar-AA14DYpC
Holy Subject Change, Batman!
movielover

What First Amendment?!
okaydo
Elon reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

okaydo

chazzed
This tweet is too good not to share:
movielover
okaydo said:

Elon reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

Dude reportedly wrote his doctoral thesis on his Grindr (gay sex site) hookups. Shady dude.
movielover
dimitrig
movielover said:

It's a private company and they can admit or decline to admit anyone they want.

Here's that pesky First Amendment for those who care about such things:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

okaydo
okaydo
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

Elno has big Kanye energy right now. Do people really think it's going to end well? He seems highly likely to either go Howard Hughes or John McAfee in the next few years. I don't see him transitioning to elder stable rich guy like Buffett or Gates any time soon, if ever.

I posted earlier this year that TSLA shareholders will be at risk given Elon's desire to buy Twitter.

The stock was trading as high as $380 before his "announcement" in April and immediately took a 45% decline. And when the acquisition was announced (and finalized) again in late October, shares of TSLA that were trading around $225 at the time, declined another 27% and are currently trading at $163.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I posted earlier this year that TSLA shareholders will be at risk given Elon's desire to buy Twitter.

The stock was trading as high as $380 before his "announcement" in April and immediately took a 45% decline. And when the acquisition was announced (and finalized) again in late October, shares of TSLA that were trading around $225 at the time, declined another 27% and are currently trading at $163.

They had a similar drop as the smaller EV companies, like Lucid, Polestar, Rivian, etc... Growth stocks have been hammered over the last 8 months.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

They had a similar drop as the smaller EV companies, like Lucid, Polestar, Rivian, etc... Growth stocks have been hammered over the last 8 months.

In the interest of Holiday Spirit, I've decided to take everyone (including you) off of ignore this month.
But once again you're terribly mistaken..

Growth stocks have been going down since February of 2021.
They've been getting "hammered" for 14 months.
Not 8.

DiabloWags
delete
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

In the interest of Holiday Spirit, I've decided to take everyone (including you) off of ignore this month.

Not 8.

Do you really not know why I used 8 months as the starting point?
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Not 8.

I'm gonna guess it's because that's when Elon initially announced his interest in Twitter.
But then you conflated your point to "growth" stocks in general.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Not 8.

I'm gonna guess it's because that's when Elon initially announced his interest in Twitter.
But then you conflated your point to "growth" stocks in general.

Yes, we were talking about the time period since April, which you misleadingly implied that Tesla's drop since then was caused by the Musk's acquisition of Twitter. The reality is that other volatile growth stocks, such as EV, dropped in a similar manner to Tesla in your chosen time period.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

Yes, we were talking about the time period since April, which you misleadingly implied that Tesla's drop since then was caused by the Musk's acquisition of Twitter. The reality is that other volatile growth stocks, such as EV, dropped in a similar manner to Tesla in your chosen time period.

Are you really comparing a company like Rivian to Tesla?

C'mon.
Apples and Oranges for obvious reasons.

Hint: One company had +$4.6 Billion in EBITDA and the other had -1.5 Billion.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.