Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

124,156 Views | 1692 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by oski003
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Funny how conservatives support black people who hate black people and white people who hate black people while claiming everyone else is obsessed with race.

I don't know what Musk's deal is with respect to black people, but Dilbert's comments were abhorrent and if someone said that about white people, the tiki torch crowd would be pretty riled up.

The promotion of this message that white people are the victims of any sort of structural racism by people who are anti-CRT and refuse to even consider the possibility that there is structural racism against people of color is just a major facepalm, but not a surprising one.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Funny how conservatives support black people who hate black people and white people who hate black people while claiming everyone else is obsessed with race.

I don't know what Musk's deal is with respect to black people, but Dilbert's comments were abhorrent and if someone said that about white people, the tiki torch crowd would be pretty riled up.

The promotion of this message that white people are the victims of any sort of structural racism by people who are anti-CRT and refuse to even consider the possibility that there is structural racism against people of color is just a major facepalm, but not a surprising one.

It is not cool to hate people because of their skin color. The poll that Musk and the Dilbert creator are referring to is a bit confusing. It seems like the Dilbert creator is generally calling black people racist because of the amount of black people who appear to hate white people, based on this poll?
movielover
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

It is not cool to hate people because of their skin color. The poll that Musk and the Dilbert creator are referring to is a bit confusing. It seems like the Dilbert creator is generally calling black people racist because of the amount of black people who appear to hate white people, based on this poll?

I only saw a quick 3 minute outtake, but he apparently isn't happy with the 26% of African Americans who say it's not OK to be white.

Unit2Sucks mischaracterizes Adams position, unless he says in the longer clip something I haven't read. He specifically said he's tired of seeing video clips of African Americans assaulting whites (many likely hate crimes).
dimitrig
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

What the hell kind of poll question is:

"It's okay to be white"

?

And then they ask that to black people?

It is crappy question and was designed on purpose to be a crappy question. Notice how almost a quarter of respondents said they were not sure as in "I am not sure what the hell you are asking."

The poll is a nothingburger and racist morons latched on to it like piranhas latching onto raw meat.

Rasmussen, huh? Yeah, they never have any bias.

Unit2Sucks
movielover said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I only saw a quick 3 minute outtake, but he apparently isn't happy with the 26% of African Americans who say it's not OK to be white.

Unit2Sucks mischaracterizes Adams position, unless he says in the longer clip something I haven't read. He specifically said he's tired of seeing video clips of African Americans assaulting whites (many likely hate crimes).
You think I mischaracterized someone who called black people a hate group, said white people should get the f** away from them and that there is no fixing this?

Here's the quote:
Quote:

"If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with White people according to this poll, not according to me, according to this poll that's a hate group," Adams said Wednesday on his YouTube show "Real Coffee with Scott Adams."

"I don't want to have anything to do with them," Adams added. "And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people, just get the **** away … because there is no fixing this."
I'm not sure how anyone can pretend to characterize that as not racist. I get that you guys have to bend over backwards for your tribe, but this one isn't difficult. I don't care if he's doing a motte and bailey based on some poll, he's saying pretty racist stuff.
movielover
Can you please comment on the racial component of hate crimes against Asians, which Elon Musk seems to alludes to.
WalterSobchak
You think avoiding all ______ people as a response to the bad acts of a few isn't racist? It's literally the definition of racism.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
sycasey
WalterSobchak said:

You think avoiding all ______ people as a response to the bad acts of a few isn't racist? It's literally the definition of racism.

If some radical BLM professor said the exact same thing about white people these same guys would almost certainly be calling it racist.
movielover
sycasey said:

WalterSobchak said:

If some radical BLM professor said the exact same thing about white people these same guys would almost certainly be calling it racist.

Louis Farrakhan is pretty much ignored.

LeBron James went from well liked, to less so, after his live "Decision" broadcast where he bolted Cleveland to Miami. He's been quoted as saying he wants nothing to do with white people. He's said "NFL owners are 'old white men' with 'slave mentality". He doesn't get tons of heat.

A friend in coaching really dislikes him and considers him racist. I have no dog in the fight, but argued the black community would be so much better off if there were thousands of other black athletes and entertainers like LeBron. Sponsoring hundreds to go to college, employing brothers in his community, starting businesses, and marrying the mother of his children.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Just a heads-up. Twitter is currently broken. Clicking on any video or image gives an error message "Your current API plan does not include access to this endpoint."

Thanks Elon! Some of us have important messages to get out to the public, but no worries.
okaydo
movielover

MinotStateBeav
House Subcommittee on Twitter Files - Matt Taibbi and Michael Shellenberger testify (Over 2 hours long)
Amazing watching the dems try to character assassinate two democrat journalists.

DiabloWags
Musk gonna build his own town in Texas

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-texas-town-52386513?st=2irtrv6osflv2g7&reflink=share_mobilewebshare
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Cal88
DiabloWags said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-texas-town-52386513?st=2irtrv6osflv2g7&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

This would be a good inspiration for him, maybe a version with a local Texas accent:

movielover
Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

This would be a good inspiration for him, maybe a version with a local Texas accent:

President Trump reportedly has plans to encourage the building of ten new cities, as well as encouraging bigger families, as part of a potential second term.
movielover
movielover
okaydo
dajo9
I don't have a twitter account or the app. But I do browse twitter. What's funny to me is nowadays "free speech maximalist" (lol) Elon Musk is the only thing that comes up if you type "@" in the search bar.
American Vermin
okaydo
okaydo
Well, anybody with a blue checkmark starting tomorrow will look like a fool.

sycasey
Rather than monetize what had been a highly coveted feature on Twitter, Elon Musk has managed to make it worthless. Genius at work.
dimitrig
sycasey said:

Rather than monetize what had been a highly coveted feature on Twitter, Elon Musk has managed to make it worthless. Genius at work.

okaydo
Even Josh Harley thinks this is a bad idea.

okaydo
sycasey
This whole blue check debacle shows that Musk truly does not understand the incentives of social media. The whole purpose of the blue check was that it represented VERIFICATION: if you saw a Tweet from, say, LeBron James, the check meant you knew it was actually from him (or at least an account controlled by him). Anyone without a check mark was fake.

To make the whole thing pay-for-play with no verification removes the whole benefit. Anyone can just pay eight bucks and pretend to be LeBron. Why would any celebrity or media organization want to pay for that kind of "service?"

Maybe if they had just opened up the blue check process to everyone (with payment) but as part of it forced them to provide legal identification and use their real names, that would work. Blue checks for celebrities and reporters and also random nobodies would at least all be consistently accurate, and some people would want to pay.

But Elon is too galaxy-brained for that. Now he's made it so no one wants to pay (not even Catturd). Amazing.
oski003
sycasey said:

This whole blue check debacle shows that Musk truly does not understand the incentives of social media. The whole purpose of the blue check was that it represented VERIFICATION: if you saw a Tweet from, say, LeBron James, the check meant you knew it was actually from him (or at least an account controlled by him). Anyone without a check mark was fake.

To make the whole thing pay-for-play with no verification removes the whole benefit. Anyone can just pay eight bucks and pretend to be LeBron. Why would any celebrity or media organization want to pay for that kind of "service?"

Maybe if they had just opened up the blue check process to everyone (with payment) but as part of it forced them to provide legal identification and use their real names, that would work. Blue checks for celebrities and reporters and also random nobodies would at least all be consistently accurate, and some people would want to pay.

But Elon is too galaxy-brained for that. Now he's made it so no one wants to pay (not even Catturd). Amazing.

It is against their policy. Is nobody enforcing it?

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-impersonation-and-deceptive-identities-policy
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

It is against their policy. Is nobody enjoying it?

https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-impersonation-and-deceptive-identities-policy
Apparently it's OK unless you're impersonating Elon Musk.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

I have tried hard to understand how this has anything to do with my point, but I have failed.
okaydo

oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

I have tried hard to understand how this has anything to do with my point, but I have failed.

Hopefully this page helps explain to you how the blue checkmark works.

https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/about-twitter-verified-accounts
oski003
AunBear89 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

003 gonna 003.

You can do better than this.
movielover
Is Elon the victim of racism?
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Hopefully this page helps explain to you how the blue checkmark works.

https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/about-twitter-verified-accounts

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.