Now that Elon will own twitter on Friday or Monday..

125,432 Views | 1694 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by chazzed
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

And how has that "flagging" worked out for ya?

About as good as the bet that you made with Unit-2 ?

The one that you clearly welched on.

I didn't report that post if that is what you mean. I do understand why you inject the stock market into a lot of posts. It seems to be the only thing you somewhat have a grasp of. It is not too late.

https://m.activebeat.com/your-health/12-ways-to-help-prevent-alzheimers-disease/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google_search_network&utm_campaign=AB_GGL_US_MOBI-EnglishSearch-CPM&utm_content=g_m_621225986047&utm_term=ways%20to%20prevent%20alzheimers&placement=kwd-4531431133&utm_acid=6727840584&utm_caid=18306555733&utm_agid=139547914285&utm_os=&utm_pagetype=var-multi&device=m&gclid=CjwKCAiAqaWdBhAvEiwAGAQlthUyzaRMsu09JmbRR-SeNS_To-TNfRjWeCIU4K4iBTN24kOJ0Kb5ZhoC640QAvD_BwE
okaydo
DiabloWags
For a guy that claims to be "managing" a business, you sure do spend an awful lot of time here arguing with people. - - - Honestly, I dont know who employs you . . . but they must not be very smart.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

For a guy that claims to be "managing" a business, you sure do spend an awful lot of time here arguing with people. - - - Honestly, I dont know who employs you . . . but they must not be very smart.

There are 24 hours in a day. I spend about 20 minutes per day on this board, often while traveling or in the bathroom. I can own you with about 10% of my brain power.

*The post above took about 1 minute to type up*
calpoly
DiabloWags said:

Managing a McDonalds store is not that hard.
oski003
calpoly said:

DiabloWags said:

There are certainly easier jobs than running a McDonald's. Some people have the skills and leadership necessary to manage people while others are more suited to other work.
chazzed
chazzed
The question is: How much does Elon going full MinotStateBeav/Cal88 have to do with this?
oski003
chazzed said:

The question is: How much does Elon going full MinotStateBeav/Cal88 have to do with this?

Not sure, but Tesla was valued at less than half of what it is now 18 months ago during massive QE. Recent massive interest rates increases have caused other EV companies to lose 50% to 90% of their value. I think Elon always intended to sell large amounts of Tesla shares while it's value was inflated.
DiabloWags
calpoly said:

DiabloWags said:

McDonald's would be too difficult.
Try a 7/11 that also pumps gas.

Cant be anything to do with sales.
He would spend all day long on the phone arguing with clients.
lol

Eastern Oregon Bear
chazzed said:

A market cap of 1.2 trillion dollars earlier this year? The numbers I googled up suggest that over time Tesla has sold 2 or 3 million cars, though I don't have a ton of faith in the web site I got that from. Let's say that over the history of the company, Tesla has sold 10 million cars. That gives them a market cap of $120,000 for each vehicle sold. Even at it's current lowered value, it's over $39,500 per car sold and that's well over half of what Teslas sell for. I'm not a financial analyst, but the stock market cap seems extremely overinflated.
chazzed
If it is inaccurate, I'll gladly edit the tweet out of my reply.
Eastern Oregon Bear
chazzed said:

I wasn't disputing your chart or suggesting you were posting anything meant to mislead people. I was just pointing how insane a trillion dollar market cap was for a company the size of Tesla. At least how insane it is in my common sense opinion without much economic knowledge at my disposal.
DiabloWags
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

chazzed said:

I wasn't disputing your chart or suggesting you were posting anything meant to mislead people. I was just pointing how insane a trillion dollar market cap was for a company the size of Tesla. At least how insane it is in my common sense opinion without much economic knowledge at my disposal.

Growth stocks trade on "growth" metrics.
Has nothing to do with the size of the company or how many "widgets" are produced.

Rosner at Deutche Bank recently slashed his Q4 EPS numbers to $1.04 while the consensus is up at $1.24
He sees U.S. consumers postponing their EV purchase until 2023 due to EV credits out of Biden's "Anti-Inflation" Bill. Meanwhile, there are other analysts out there like Langan of Wells Fargo that are concerned about softer sales in China even with year end incentives and subsidies, given insurance data.

Sales are expected to grow 55% this year, but that's down from 71% in 2021.
Estimates for 2023 are for sales growth of 42%.

The stock is trading at a relatively "cheap" Price to Sales ratio.
Definitely worth a look after people book tax losses for 2022.

Tesla Stock Tumbles Again As China Registrations Falter Amid Covid Outbreak | Investor's Business Daily (investors.com)

Tesla Stock 2023: Forecast Reveals A Tale Of Two Challenging EV Megamarkets | Investor's Business Daily (investors.com)

movielover
dimitrig

Every social media platform is also full of a bunch of lies and misinformation being used in a variety of unsavory ways. Does Elon have a point other than the one on top of his head?
movielover
dimitrig said:

Every social media platform is also full of a bunch of lies and misinformation being used in a variety of unsavory ways. Does Elon have a point other than the one on top of his head?

I used to read The Bay Guardian, East Bay Express, even listened to Bernie Ward and Ray Taliaferro on KGO radio. I can make the needed judgements and
even the aforementioned windbags would have a few valid points.
sycasey
movielover said:

dimitrig said:

I used to read The Bay Guardian, East Bay Express, even listened to Bernie Ward and Ray Taliaferro on KGO radio. I can make the needed judgements and
even the aforementioned windbags would have a few valid points.

You can still do that now, because there are multiple sites (social media and otherwise) where you can get opinions across the spectrum.

But no one ever said the Bay Guardian and KGO were required to host the same personalities or cover the same stories.
Unit2Sucks
movielover said:

dimitrig said:

I can make the needed judgements
You have a funny way of showing it. You regularly fall for disinformation which you believe to be genuine so it would seem you would greatly benefit from a curated source of reliable information. Sadly, like many others in this country, it appears that you would rather consume false information which conforms to your worldview than truthful information that doesn't.

LOL, this from the guy who thinks he can separate fact from fantasy.
movielover said:

Eastern Oregon Bear
Unit2Sucks said:

movielover said:

dimitrig said:

I can make the needed judgements
You have a funny way of showing it. You regularly fall for disinformation which you believe to be genuine so it would seem you would greatly benefit from a curated source of reliable information. Sadly, like many others in this country, it appears that you would rather consume false information which conforms to your worldview than truthful information that doesn't.

LOL, this from the guy who thinks he can separate fact from fantasy.
movielover said:

Take a glass of water and add a couple of drops of food coloring and you'll get an idea how small trace amounts can affect an entire system.
movielover
How many calamities never come to pass?

1. Y2K "bug"
2. Global Cooling (1975)
3. Halley's Comet (1910)
4. Mass starvation (1970s -1980s)
5. Swine Flu, SARS, mad cow, etc. Pandemics
6. Ozone Hole
7. Murder Hornets
8. California sliding into the Pacific (pending)
9. Global Warming

And if these fear mongers really believe in Global Warming, then they should start by:

1. Following the IPCC suggestion of the world building 1,000 zero CO2 nuclear power plants.
2. Ban the Al Gores, WEFs, and Davos crowd from flying in private jets.
3. Assemble some world-class scientists to create a method to stop the massive underground coal fires in China.
4. Dramatically increase logging and thinning of forests in the Western United States
5. Replant lost forests, hopefully with trees that can be harvested in the future for a real win-win, including rubber trees, bamboo, and maybe some classic varieties that have become scarce.
6. Paint civic rooftops white in the southwest (Dr. Bill Wattenberg), dramatically more efficient than solar.
7. Insulate tens of Millions of homes in the US every year.

But these aren't sexy, and Blackrock Investors (Buden) can't make money off of them (yet).
AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
movielover
Facts and independent thought too much for you?
AunBear89
movielover said:

Facts and independent thought too much for you?

I'll let you know as soon as you provide examples of either. Your conspiracy theories and fever dreams don't count.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
This is working out great.

oski003
sycasey said:

I can't recall another company that was so volatile with such a massive market cap. Was his wealth rise between 2019 and 2021 the largest in history?

Tesla Market cap by year:

2022 $384.67 B -63.75% (Tapering & Recession)
2021 $1.061 T 58.66%
2020 $668.90 B 783.42%
2019 $75.71 B 31.82%
2018 $57.44 B 9.77%
smh
sycasey said:

em advice -> duck and cover

Eastern Oregon Bear
smh said:

sycasey said:

em advice -> duck and cover

Memo to self: If you see a big avalanche happening, even if you think you're too far away for it to reach you, RUN! Don't stare in awe for 30-40 seconds and then think to run when it's a second or two from burying you.
okaydo
MinotStateBeav
okaydo said:

That is a NY times article lol, I bet it was right under the "10 Ideas to make your soy eating man happy". I wonder if Elon has the ability to pick up a phone and call a janitorial service? More at 11!!!
movielover
How to say the Liberal MSM is after you without saying it directly.

Meanwhile at Twitter:
- overhead cut 75% or more
- Twitter Files epic release
- daily views up, as well as some Free Speech
- new features coming much quicker
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

okaydo said:

That is a NY times article lol, I bet it was right under the "10 Ideas to make your soy eating man happy". I wonder if Elon has the ability to pick up a phone and call a janitorial service? More at 11!!!

How can The NY Times compete with the wisdom of Catturd?
movielover
They can't.

The new "view counts" feature showed the extremely low amount of views the NYT gets.
bearister
Twitter employees using own toilet paper after janitor cuts

https://nypost.com/2022/12/30/twitter-employees-using-own-toilet-paper-offices-stink-after-musk-cut-janitors-report/

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Classic. Has AntiochWags ever used this tactic?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.