Get woke go broke - Bud Light etc

26,229 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Palestinian Chicken
BearHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearForce said:

Why did some nutjob care about Dylan Mulvaney so much that she decided to make him the face of the company?

Why would anyone in their right mind drink Bud, Coors, or Miller Light in the first place .... when there are so many delicious craft beers out there?
Probably because it's cheap and accessible like fentanyl coming across our southern border.
Fentanyl is big in the red states

Fentanyl is HUGE in blue states.
It's note bigger than in TX, FL and AZ, all red

The rate of black males overdosing tripled between 2015 and 2020 and now surpasses Native Americans as the highest rate by ethnicity. What is this attributed to? Is it poverty? AZ isn't that poor, is it? Is it proximity to the border?
No daddy around.
Big C
Cal88 said:

Big C said:

dimitrig said:

SBGold said:

There are huge areas of Tucson that look like bombed out Syria. If that is one of the better parts, my goodness

You can say that about any city.

I know, right? I was driving through Piedmont the other day and I was like, "Is this more like Beirut, or Bakhmut?" It was hard to tell which! Hey, a city is a city is a city, I guess...

Piedmont is what, 3 miles from east Oakland? Beirut is safer than east Oakland...

Maybe, maybe not, but East Oakland is safer than Bakhmut used to be, earlier this year!
Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

Cal88 said:

Big C said:

dimitrig said:

SBGold said:

There are huge areas of Tucson that look like bombed out Syria. If that is one of the better parts, my goodness

You can say that about any city.

I know, right? I was driving through Piedmont the other day and I was like, "Is this more like Beirut, or Bakhmut?" It was hard to tell which! Hey, a city is a city is a city, I guess...

Piedmont is what, 3 miles from east Oakland? Beirut is safer than east Oakland...
Richmond area is/was the same way. There's some very nice areas and some very rough ones. You had old town Richmond right by the San Rafael Bridge is very nice and El Sobrante is pretty nice, but can get dangerous on Cutting Blvd and the area by the gun range forget the name.

Last century, my dad worked in DTR for many years. It was a decent area at first, but then it got pretty run down. One time, in the store where he worked, he started to come out of the backroom, only to see a hold-up in the front of the store. He ducked back, right as his manager got shot to death, twenty feet away. The perp died of natural causes a few years ago... on Death Row.

Good times.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearForce said:

Why did some nutjob care about Dylan Mulvaney so much that she decided to make him the face of the company?

Why would anyone in their right mind drink Bud, Coors, or Miller Light in the first place .... when there are so many delicious craft beers out there?
Probably because it's cheap and accessible like fentanyl coming across our southern border.

The rate of black males overdosing tripled between 2015 and 2020 and now surpasses Native Americans as the highest rate by ethnicity. What is this attributed to? Is it poverty? AZ isn't that poor, is it? Is it proximity to the border?
No daddy around.
The no daddy rate tripled between 2015 and 2020? Seems unlikely. There must be more to it than that.
AunBear89
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearHunter said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearForce said:

No daddy around.
The no daddy rate tripled between 2015 and 2020? Seems unlikely. There must be more to it than that.

True, but those other answers aren't as racist, so BearFarce went with first impulse.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearHunter

BearHunter said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearForce said:

No daddy around.
What do you think?
movielover
SBGold said:

DiabloWags said:

SBGold said:

You can get Henhouse in Safeway in the Bay Area

Must be something new, cause I've never seen it at my Safeway.
I get my 4-packs at Total Wine for only $13.99

A year ago, they went from self-distributing (because their truck drivers frequently didnt show up to work) to using Morgan Territory Brewing to distribute, to using Markstein (which doesnt even use cold storage trucks).

The owner of Henhouse is brain-dead when it comes to distribution of his beer and he's gone through a ton of sales managers that are young kids that are basically clueless. It's my one big negative about the brand.

Their IPA (pale ale) is phenomenal though.
Should see a new Henhouse Brew Pub open up in Fairfax in early JUNE.

Definitely seen it at the one on College Ave in Rockridge and likely on Broadway in outer Rockridge at the Ridge shopping center. I feel like I have seen it at Montclair's Safeway as well.

I prefer Pliny, but also really like Slice from Lincoln. Slice is not available anywhere though except the brewery

Lots of these brews on tap at Ernie's Tin Roof in Petaluma.
movielover
oski003 said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearForce said:

2022 numbers similiar for Europeans. Mumbles & Clueless uninterested.

No bueno. Very sad. A friend who worked with The City up until a few years ago said a man responsible for the use of Narcam around SF Public Library downtown said they save 20 lives a month w it's use. Only one large block.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearForce said:

No daddy around.
What do you think?
I think you pulled a "fact" out of your ass and now you can't back it up. That happens a lot with you.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

SBGold said:

DiabloWags said:

SBGold said:

A year ago, they went from self-distributing (because their truck drivers frequently didnt show up to work) to using Morgan Territory Brewing to distribute, to using Markstein (which doesnt even use cold storage trucks).

The owner of Henhouse is brain-dead when it comes to distribution of his beer and he's gone through a ton of sales managers that are young kids that are basically clueless. It's my one big negative about the brand.

Definitely seen it at the one on College Ave in Rockridge and likely on Broadway in outer Rockridge at the Ridge shopping center. I feel like I have seen it at Montclair's Safeway as well.

I prefer Pliny, but also really like Slice from Lincoln. Slice is not available anywhere though except the brewery

Pliny the Elder can be easily found at Whole Foods, Total Wine, etc. because Russian River doubled production with their new $50 million dollar brewery that opened in Windsor in the Fall of 2018.

Russian River Brewing opens new $50 million Windsor brewery to massive crowds (sfchronicle.com)

Lots of Taprooms serve it like Hop Grenade in downtown Concord.
Even Gott's Burgers has it on tap along with the Henhouse, although it's pricey ($10/$8)

Menu | Gott's Roadside (gotts.com)
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
movielover
ETR had a Russian River beer brewed in a.previously used pinot French oak barrel? They do several like that, one was wonderful.
DiabloWags
Barrel Aged Beers | Russian River Brewing Company
BearHunter

BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearForce said:

No daddy around.
What do you think?
I think you pulled a "fact" out of your ass and now you can't back it up. That happens a lot with you.
So, you don't have any thoughts....
SBGold
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

SBGold said:

DiabloWags said:

SBGold said:

Pliny the Elder can be easily found at Whole Foods, Total Wine, etc. because Russian River doubled production with their new $50 million dollar brewery that opened in Windsor in the Fall of 2018.

Russian River Brewing opens new $50 million Windsor brewery to massive crowds (sfchronicle.com)

Lots of Taprooms serve it like Hop Grenade in downtown Concord.
Even Gott's Burgers has it on tap along with the Henhouse, although it's pricey ($10/$8)

Menu | Gott's Roadside (gotts.com)

Great thing about Sac Kings home games (besides the awesomeness of the game experience) is that they have Pliny on draft for purchase
BearHunter
Cal88
Anheuser-Busch has lost a staggering $15.7 BILLION in value since Bud Light controversy began - as rivals add $3.2b to their value and experts warn of beer SHORTAGE
  • Molson Coors, which owns Coors Lite, has seen an increase of $2.2billion market value
  • There have been warnings that competitors of Anheuser-Busch are running the risk of a beer shortage because of the high demand for Memorial Day
  • Analysts say sales of Bud Light are down more than 23 percent as of the week ending May 6

Budweiser is giving away its beer for free in some stores with new promotions after Dylan Mulvaney backlash wiped almost $16b off parent company Anheuser-Busch's market value
  • Budweiser is giving away free beer as part of a promotional rebate

• Anheuser-Busch has seen its market value plunge $15.7billion since the disastrous campaign with Mulvaney

• Up to two submissions can be made till the end of the month to get the free beer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12120649/Anheuser-Busch-lost-staggering-15-7-BILLION-value-Bud-Light-controversy-began.html
movielover
Even bigger would be if their other brands were boycotted.
dajo9
Cancel culture
American Vermin
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearForce said:

No daddy around.
What do you think?
Not about overdose death rates among black males. I haven't looked into the topic and unlike you, I generally don't get into debates about topics I'm not informed about. Besides, discussions with you are usually pointless exercises.
calbear93

BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

BearForce said:

No daddy around.
What do you think?
Not about overdose death rates among black males. I haven't looked into the topic and unlike you, I generally don't get into debates about topics I'm not informed about. Besides, discussions with you are usually pointless exercises.
Because drug abuse and drug related crimes have always been about poverty. And once drug and crime become the norm in a neighborhood, it becomes a vicious cycle where the next generation of mothers don't have the right family values that could have come from having a father and a mother guiding them not to have kids out of wedlock with someone who won't be around, with the next generation now also growing up without a father figure. When you relegate a group of people to a lower station in economic standing and make drugs readily available, you get what you get. It is not a color or racial thing. It is the natural result of the social and economic dynamics.

But the way out isn't to make it OK to be stuck in that lower standing by funding that current state, by making it OK to be in a perpetual crime state by lowering cash bail and reducing criminal threshold, or lowering basic human expectations to a much lower standard for a group of people as if they were little children you have to pat on the head for doing their best. The solution is by providing economic opportunity for the next generation, bring pride and human dignity back to doing value-add work and living with character, by building lower income housing in better neighborhoods with better school and near transportation despite the NIMBY attitudes of the "liberals" in the suburbs who talk a good game but block anything that may pop their precious limousine liberal lifestyle, and by having folks not only rely on impersonal government to do the good work on their behalf but actually roll up their sleeves and provide mentorship to kids in inner cities.

But folks on the left think they are being moral by enabling and funding the current state and the right makes poverty be a story about personal inadequacy and racial differences.
movielover
But what originally caused the family destruction? Try government do-gooder policies. The traditional Black family survived slavery, Democrat Jim Crow laws and the KKK. Then came the 1960s social programs.

"The solution is by providing economic opportunity for the next generation, bring pride and human dignity back to doing value-add work and living with character..."

Good ideas, but for many, sadly, I think that ship has sailed. The grandfather's who helped raise grandchildren are gone. Black men are often rarely in church. Dr. Thomas Sowell refers to the uneducated, unskilled in inner cities as the underclass. Now the outlived Civil Rights construct has evolved into the DEI / Woke fad where scores and tests are white supremacy.

And tens of millions of illegal and legal immigrants gladly work the beginning jobs, service, blue collar, restaurant. Latinos recruit and train other Latinos, sometimes family members, often instructed in Spanish. Ethiopians and Nigerians (voluntary immigrants) thrive.

African Americans have been pushed out of their traditional cities like Oakland, Richmond, and Compton.

okaydo
oski003
okaydo said:

Sounds like America is not as racist as other places. Is there an actual boycott here just because the lead has darker skin than the cartoon?
okaydo
oski003 said:

okaydo said:

Sounds like America is not as racist as other places. Is there an actual boycott here just because the lead has darker skin than the cartoon?

Sounds like America is not as not as anti-woke as other places.
movielover
We're one of the least racist and most integrated countries on planet Earth.

Except the Democrats have to play The Card to continue getting 92% - 96% of the Black vote.
okaydo
movielover said:

Except the Democrats have to play The Card to continue getting 92% - 96% of the Black vote.

President Biden has indeed done a great job tackling racism and integration.
movielover
Biden has the full support of BLM and Antifa, and he's the predecessor of Obama, who took race relations in a negative direction. Big inflection point.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Maybe the GOP should take a hard look at their messaging and see if there's a reason why they are only getting 4% - 8% of the black vote. I'm taking your word about the percentages. It does seem to conflict with the claim that minorities are turning to the GOP in droves, but talking point consistency has never been your strong suit.
movielover

movielover said:

Maybe the GOP should take a hard look at their messaging and see if there's a reason why they are only getting 4% - 8% of the black vote. I'm taking your word about the percentages. It does seem to conflict with the claim that minorities are turning to the GOP in droves, but talking point consistency has never been your strong suit.

YI see you're not big on reading comprehension. African Americans don't equal "minoritieS". But thanks for trying.

There is more to life than "messaging", though I know the modern Progressive Democrats think they can topple a top 5 military via a strong "narrative".
movielover
Target losses swell to $12.4 billion; shares at lowest since 2020

"Target's market value dropped by another $2.4 billion Tuesday"
Unit2Sucks
okaydo said:

Cancel culture is destroying every woke brand. Look at what's happened to Ford.

And who can forget Trump going broke (losing the election) because he went woke in 2020?

DiabloWags
Budweiser Beer is for All-American Manly Men

USA!
USA!
USA!

DiabloWags

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

okaydo said:

Cancel culture is destroying every woke brand. Look at what's happened to Ford.

And who can forget Trump going broke (losing the election) because he went woke in 2020?

There is nothing wrong with selling rainbow merchandise online. Contrast that with glorifying the transgender sisters of perpetual indulgence, who intentionally mock and degrade Christians by crossdressing as lewd Catholic nuns and mocking the Eucharist and Crucifixion. You see, Unit2, there is an entire world of facts and scenarios that exist between your black and white examples. Stop pretending to be stupid and shilling for an expanded woke agenda.
DiabloWags
For the "untraditional" biker.

"For guys who like the taste of other guys?"

Harley Davidson, the company that has invited GREEN DAY (who wanted to give up their US citizenship) to play for Harley's 120 year Anniversary in July.

CEO Jochen Zeitz is from Germany
Dude was a shoe salesman for Puma for 18 years.
Dont think he's gonna last long at HOG..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.