Get woke go broke - Bud Light etc

26,236 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Palestinian Chicken
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

AunBear89 said:

BearHunter said:

You're confused because you don't know the difference between legal and illegal.

I'm confused because MAGAts/Republicans rarely, if ever, make that distinction.

And the party still hates non Christians and brown people.

Keep defending the indefensible, BearFarce. It has worked so well for you.

They actually do all the time. You either don't listen or are disingenuous, because acknowledging such would blow a hole in your other fantasy - that Conservatives don't like brown people.

Funny, I was at a party near DiabloWags casa a decade ago, lots of Conservative or moderate men there ... and they dated almost exclusively non-white women. Ha! In fact, two stated that they detested [3rd wave] "white Feminists"! They're seen as unhappy and bitter.

That doesn't indicate what you think it indicates.

movielover
*yawn*
BearHunter
okaydo
Wokeness is getting out of hand.

Eastern Oregon Bear
okaydo said:

That was classic!
Goldener Bar
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

okaydo said:

That was classic!
That's pretty damn funny
BearHunter
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

There is nothing wrong with selling rainbow merchandise online. Contrast that with glorifying the transgender sisters of perpetual indulgence, who intentionally mock and degrade Christians by crossdressing as lewd Catholic nuns and mocking the Eucharist and Crucifixion. You see, Unit2, there is an entire world of facts and scenarios that exist between your black and white examples. Stop pretending to be stupid and shilling for an expanded woke agenda.
Are the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence transgender or just crossdressing? I thought it was the latter. Oh by the way, are you boycotting the Dodgers over this? I don't really see any other businesses they are connected with.

You are correct.
Oski is WRONG yet again.
Shocker!

Both transgenders and cisgenders have the ability to crossdress. You should know.
BearHunter

Are the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence transgender or just crossdressing? I thought it was the latter. Oh by the way, are you boycotting the Dodgers over this? I don't really see any other businesses they are connected with.

Both transgenders and transjesters can crossdress.
oski003
BearHunter said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/30/an-order-of-queer-and-trans-nuns-in-san-francisco-take-on-an-unholy-year

For more than 40 years, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, an order of queer and transgender nuns, have pursued their mission to "to promulgate universal joy and to expiate stigmatic guilt".
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

BearHunter said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/30/an-order-of-queer-and-trans-nuns-in-san-francisco-take-on-an-unholy-year

For more than 40 years, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, an order of queer and transgender nuns, have pursued their mission to "to promulgate universal joy and to expiate stigmatic guilt".
You're against promulgating universal joy and expiating stigmatic guilt?
dajo9
oski003 said:

BearHunter said:

Is the purpose of the tweet to make fun of Biden's lifelong struggle with a stutter?
American Vermin
oski003

oski003 said:

BearHunter said:

Universal joy is a noble goal. Way to distract from the focal point. How does it feel to be wrong all the time? Your recent batting average might not even crack the Giants starting lineup.
dajo9

oski003 said:

BearHunter said:

Yes, you have missed the point. Here is the point.

"The Sisters fundraise hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for underserved grassroots organizations; in 2020 they made grants to legal aid clinics serving LGBTQ+ asylum seekers, an alliance empowering deaf queer people, and a community safe house for Black and indigenous trans people, just to name a few."
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

BearHunter said:

Yes, you have missed the point. Here is the point.

"The Sisters fundraise hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for underserved grassroots organizations; in 2020 they made grants to legal aid clinics serving LGBTQ+ asylum seekers, an alliance empowering deaf queer people, and a community safe house for Black and indigenous trans people, just to name a few."

Yes, they should generally be commended for their charitable work. That isn't relevant to my response to the snarky remarks chastising me for calling them transgender. Thanks.
Cal88
They're not transgender, they're transgressive. They mock an entire religion and class of people.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

They're not transgender, they're transgressive. They mock an entire religion and class of people.

Yes, it's for the Catholic Church to judge them, not for them to judge the Catholic Church. This is a one way street, don't you know.
American Vermin
oski003
dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

Yes, it's for the Catholic Church to judge them, not for them to judge the Catholic Church. This is a one way street, don't you know.

Dodger stadium should not have a faith day, whereas they give the Catholic Church an award. However, we've gone down the rabbit hole.
blungld
Cal88 said:

And satire is what, disqualifying, insensitive, inappropriate, too much for Catholics to bear, illegal…? And the Catholic Church has done NOTHING worthy of satire or using public displays of protest/mocking/public shaming to bring additional attention and reform to their unconscionable institutional behavior? You must hate SNL and this thing humans do called humor.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

Dodger stadium should not have a faith day, whereas they give the Catholic Church an award. However, we've gone down the rabbit hole.

The Dodgers have long had an annual Christian Faith and Family Day. It was stopped with covid but is back this year.

"When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dodgerblue.com/clayton-kershaw-players-clubhouse-meeting-dodgers-christian-faith-and-family-day-sisters-of-perpetual-indulgence-pride-night/2023/05/30/amp/
American Vermin
Goldener Bar
Cal88 said:

Oh no, a religion has been mocked. Fire up the Espionage Act!
Cal88
blungld said:

Cal88 said:

And satire is what, disqualifying, insensitive, inappropriate, too much for Catholics to bear, illegal…? And the Catholic Church has done NOTHING worthy of satire or using public displays of protest/mocking/public shaming to bring additional attention and reform to their unconscionable institutional behavior? You must hate SNL and this thing humans do called humor.

You freaked out and flew off the handle when GB54, one of the funniest guys on this site, made a swipe at Mills College lesbians in Oakland bars.

SNL hasn't been funny in a decade plus, it's been a glorified establishment mouthpiece, like the rest of the late night shows on network TV.
movielover
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

BearHunter said:

Is the purpose of the tweet to make fun of Biden's lifelong struggle with a stutter?

My guess is they / it were making fun of his lifelong struggle with mediocrity. He represented a tiny state with one major player, MBNA. He plagiarized others in law school and his presidential run, and graduated in the bottom 11% of his law school class.
wifeisafurd
Just tired of identity politics, whether on the left or right. Why should someone get yelled at in an airport because they're gay. How low can we go.
dajo9
movielover said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

BearHunter said:

My guess is they / it were making fun of his lifelong struggle with mediocrity. He represented a tiny state with one major player, MBNA. He plagiarized others in law school and his presidential run, and graduated in the bottom 11% of his law school class.

"It" is not a pronoun. It is an expression of bigotry.
American Vermin
movielover
New gender terminology.
calbear93
blungld said:

Cal88 said:

Exactly. It's only the republicans who try to cancel humor and comedians.

Those darn conservatives always trying to cancel stand-up comedians like Dave Chappelle. The conservatives have no sense of humor.
dajo9
movielover said:

New gender terminology.

Nothing new about bigots
American Vermin
calbear93
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

New gender terminology.

Nothing new about bigots
Well, don't we first need to determine whether there was big enough power imbalance to see if the bigotry was OK or not? Because, apparently, bigotry is OK as long as it is sanctioned.
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

BearHunter said:

The purpose of the tweet is to poke fun at the person who is promoting a religion that he himself doesn't believe in.
BearHunter
wifeisafurd said:

Just tired of identity politics, whether on the left or right. Why should someone get yelled at in an airport because they're gay. How low can we go.

Of course no one should be yelled at in an airport because they're gay. They should be yelled at if they aren't wearing a mask or worse, unvaccinated.
calbear93
BearHunter said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

BearHunter said:

The purpose of the tweet is to poke fun at the person who is promoting a religion that he himself doesn't believe in.
I think Ukraine's military feels good about Biden's statement. Not a pandering hyperbole at all.
movielover
Exactly. And it was Catholics and lesbian women who came to help men dying of AIDS in the 1980s in San Francisco.
calbear93
movielover said:

Exactly. And it was Catholics and lesbian women who came to help men dying of AIDS in the 1980s in San Francisco.
Let's not carried away. Most of the care for AIDS victims came from the gay community.

Catholics and Protestants are not allies of the Pride movement. And that's the uncomfortable truth about liberty, including religious liberty. I definitely am not going to promote the Pride movement.

Diversity and inclusion do not mean supporting those who agree to include who you want to include and exclude all those you want to exclude.

It means living next to each other, even if you think the other side is wrong. And being OK with having people of all different beliefs.

And being gay in this environment is no more courageous than being straight white male in San Francisco.

And it definitely is not the most courageous thing to do in recent history

It is just who one is. Some will like you and some will not. And that applies to everyone.

But if you are OK with society's bigotry against one group, including Catholics, then you are OK with bigotry overall.

Nothing about being who you are and your inalienable trait is negative or heroic.
movielover
I stand by my statement.

Many gay men fought to keep the bathouses open even though it was clear they were a vector for the spread of AIDS. Mayor Feinstein kept them open for a while under this political pressure.
wifeisafurd
BearHunter said:

wifeisafurd said:

Of course no one should be yelled at in an airport because they're gay. They should be yelled at if they aren't wearing a mask or worse, unvaccinated.
Griner was unvaccinated?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.