Get woke go broke - Bud Light etc

26,205 Views | 375 Replies | Last: 14 days ago by Palestinian Chicken
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MinotStateBeav said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Because right wing morons have been told over and over that celebrations of diversity are implicit insults about their whiteness (and possibly their lack of education) so the little snowflakes label anything not about straight white males as "woke".

Celebrating diversity is a good thing. Being too stupid to distinguish that from forcing equal outcomes is a bad thing. Hopefully this wasn't an insult to dumb wokesters who see any pushback from their agenda as racism or transphobia while being actively bigoted against law and order, religions that they don't consider cool, and white or Asian people.
So where did Target, Bud Light and Chick-Fil-A do anything besides celebrate diversity? I didn't see any demands for giving one group preference over another or "forcing equal outcomes", whatever that means.
You do realize the right saw the left doing these same boycotts and saw how effective they were and decided to join in on the party. They're trying to force change thru the wallet and that's their freedom to do.
Hey, if the right wing wants to drink less beer and eat less deep fried chicken sandwiches, I think that's a win-win for nearly everybody.
Eastern Oregon Bear
dougiemacbombsiraq said:

movielover said:

Several of his hires identify as Latino, just like Jeb Bush.

Just like I identify as somebody who was against the invasion of Iraq!
Hey Yogi! I see dougiemac911 didn't last long.
dougiemacbombsiraq

dougiemacbombsiraq said:

movielover said:

Several of his hires identify as Latino, just like Jeb Bush.

Just like I identify as somebody who was against the invasion of Iraq!
Hey Yogi! I see dougiemac911 didn't last long.

I'm not Yogi. (seriously)

I did realize that my user name had to better match my history, though.
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Because right wing morons have been told over and over that celebrations of diversity are implicit insults about their whiteness (and possibly their lack of education) so the little snowflakes label anything not about straight white males as "woke".

Celebrating diversity is a good thing. Being too stupid to distinguish that from forcing equal outcomes is a bad thing. Hopefully this wasn't an insult to dumb wokesters who see any pushback from their agenda as racism or transphobia while being actively bigoted against law and order, religions that they don't consider cool, and white or Asian people.
So where did Target, Bud Light and Chick-Fil-A do anything besides celebrate diversity? I didn't see any demands for giving one group preference over another or "forcing equal outcomes", whatever that means.
You do realize the right saw the left doing these same boycotts and saw how effective they were and decided to join in on the party. They're trying to force change thru the wallet and that's their freedom to do.

I wish we could all join up to boycott Amazon but I can't even get solidarity on that in my own home
American Vermin
GoOskie

MinotStateBeav said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Hey, if the right wing wants to drink less beer and eat less deep fried chicken sandwiches, I think that's a win-win for nearly everybody.
And want their kids having less fun...

This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
calbear93
movielover said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

So Chick-Fil-A is now on your good side?

All of this is stupidity since every single legitimate corporation has a diversity, equity and inclusion officer. Seeking diversity is great, removing blind spots is a value-add, and people should always feel accepted for who they are. And not just the ones who are popular to support and will earn virtue stars or likes but I mean everyone. And diversity also means diversity of thought and not just color. No character in people who say they support diversity and then hate everyone who do not pass a purity test

So a FTE to focus on outreach, or identity politics?

Capitalism is about results, being better, cheaper, or novel.

Progressives wash over the actual implementation of these affirmative action policies. Take the UC. Highly qualified, highly educated research experts won't even warrant an interview unless they can prove to a DEI committee that they've been down for the cause. So the next Einstein or Oppenheimer may be passed over. Or the UC dropping SAT / ACT test scores so they can enroll more less-qualified black and brown applicants.

(Ironically, it was uber-Liberal Hollywood that produced countless programs like "Friends" and "Sex in the
City" - all-white programs set in diverse, multi-ethnic cities. Same cliques made Marlon Brando so cutting edge in 1973 for standing up for Native Americans; yet in 1996 when he called out Jewish Americans in Hollywood for stereotyping, he was canceled.)

Diversity of thought? Good throwaway line. As brilliant economist Dr. Thomas Sowell notes, there are whole college departments without a single Conservative.

I don't lose sleep over the NHL being predominantly white, the NBA predominantly black, and baseball being heavily Latino.

There are pockets of discriminatory hiring. I ran across a virtually all-white (large) law firm in San Francisco. Lawyer after lawyer white, with the ocassional Asian American. Then pops up their lone Civil Rights attorney, a black woman.

Latinos are dominating many industries on the West Coast, and their hiring practices sure don't look
diverse. The recent Los Angeles City Council closed door racist remarks by Latino Democrat leaders was revealing. (A city council member called a black child a "little monkey" in Spanish, and none of her Latino council members confronted her.)

Maybe work for a company once before you comment?

I used to be a general counsel until not too long ago. Unless you want your directors not getting elected or you want massive shareholder proposals, and with the SEC having required human capital strategy in 10-K and with the SEC now looking to pass a rules-based human capital disclosure including diversity of the work force and actions to increase diversity, and with employees choosing employers based on ESG performance, you cannot compete without a focus on diversity. It's in the board level (chair of the nominating and governance committees will not get elected without sufficient board diversity), executive level and general employee level. Board diversity is embedded in state laws, stock exchange requirements, and SEC disclosure requirements. You have to file EEO-1 report showing workforce diversity, and shareholders are now requesting that you post that on the website. Have you conducted shareholder engagements with the Blackrock, Fidelity, State Street? Have you conducted town halls with employees? I have. And I can tell you that a company will not compete or survive without focus on diversity. Almost the first questions from employees even back then was on our DE&I efforts.

I don't know why people who have no idea what the heck they are talking about have the largest voices, flaunting their ignorance on what is driving this. Do you think companies all of a sudden are doing this or do you think maybe after social justice movement, private ordering and employee pressure and "stakeholder" governance construct, are leading to this?

I can tell you one thing from having done this, even as a conservative. Loud voices like those on twitter have zero importance or impact (all in your own heads) compared to our top shareholders, governance activists, pension funds that initiate shareholder proposals, SEC disclosure requirements, and employee engagement. Twitter idiots have zero impact or influence. Bud Light was different because people who drink that crap were the ones who make loud noises. Most companies are not catering to twitter heroes. What worked with Bud Light will not translate to other companies, as I am sure most saw with Disney. Wonder why folks don't attack Amazon or Apple? Maybe because they will have zero (or less than zero) impact.
dimitrig
GoOskie said:

MinotStateBeav said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

And want their kids having less fun...

Lego is educational and from Denmark so it already had two strikes against it from that set.
Cal88
calbear93 said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

All of this is stupidity since every single legitimate corporation has a diversity, equity and inclusion officer. Seeking diversity is great, removing blind spots is a value-add, and people should always feel accepted for who they are. And not just the ones who are popular to support and will earn virtue stars or likes but I mean everyone. And diversity also means diversity of thought and not just color. No character in people who say they support diversity and then hate everyone who do not pass a purity test

Progressives wash over the actual implementation of these affirmative action policies. Take the UC. Highly qualified, highly educated research experts won't even warrant an interview unless they can prove to a DEI committee that they've been down for the cause. So the next Einstein or Oppenheimer may be passed over. Or the UC dropping SAT / ACT test scores so they can enroll more less-qualified black and brown applicants.

(Ironically, it was uber-Liberal Hollywood that produced countless programs like "Friends" and "Sex in the
City" - all-white programs set in diverse, multi-ethnic cities. Same cliques made Marlon Brando so cutting edge in 1973 for standing up for Native Americans; yet in 1996 when he called out Jewish Americans in Hollywood for stereotyping, he was canceled.)

Diversity of thought? Good throwaway line. As brilliant economist Dr. Thomas Sowell notes, there are whole college departments without a single Conservative.

I don't lose sleep over the NHL being predominantly white, the NBA predominantly black, and baseball being heavily Latino.

There are pockets of discriminatory hiring. I ran across a virtually all-white (large) law firm in San Francisco. Lawyer after lawyer white, with the ocassional Asian American. Then pops up their lone Civil Rights attorney, a black woman.

Latinos are dominating many industries on the West Coast, and their hiring practices sure don't look
diverse. The recent Los Angeles City Council closed door racist remarks by Latino Democrat leaders was revealing. (A city council member called a black child a "little monkey" in Spanish, and none of her Latino council members confronted her.)

I used to be a general counsel until not too long ago. Unless you want your directors not getting elected or you want massive shareholder proposals, and with the SEC having required human capital strategy in 10-K and with the SEC now looking to pass a rules-based human capital disclosure including diversity of the work force and actions to increase diversity, and with employees choosing employers based on ESG performance, you cannot compete without a focus on diversity. It's in the board level (chair of the nominating and governance committees will not get elected without sufficient board diversity), executive level and general employee level. Board diversity is embedded in state laws, stock exchange requirements, and SEC disclosure requirements. You have to file EEO-1 report showing workforce diversity, and shareholders are now requesting that you post that on the website. Have you conducted shareholder engagements with the Blackrock, Fidelity, State Street? Have you conducted town halls with employees? I have. And I can tell you that a company will not compete or survive without focus on diversity. Almost the first questions from employees even back then was on our DE&I efforts.

I don't know why people who have no idea what the heck they are talking about have the largest voices, flaunting their ignorance on what is driving this. Do you think companies all of a sudden are doing this or do you think maybe after social justice movement, private ordering and employee pressure and "stakeholder" governance construct, are leading to this?

I can tell you one thing from having done this, even as a conservative. Loud voices like those on twitter have zero importance or impact (all in your own heads) compared to our top shareholders, governance activists, pension funds that initiate shareholder proposals, SEC disclosure requirements, and employee engagement. Twitter idiots have zero impact or influence. Bud Light was different because people who drink that crap were the ones who make loud noises. Most companies are not catering to twitter heroes. What worked with Bud Light will not translate to other companies, as I am sure most saw with Disney. Wonder why folks don't attack Amazon or Apple? Maybe because they will have zero (or less than zero) impact.

So what you're saying is that Blackrock, Vanguard etc control corporate policies, and impose their cultural dogmas on corporate messaging, product design and so forth, effectively being leading agents of social engineering on American culture and society.

That's a bit too much power, but given the sheer size of these entities, we already knew that.
Cal88
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12145405/Bud-Light-marketing-VP-disastrous-Dylan-Mulvaney-tie-talk-controversy.html

"Bud Light marketing VP who lost her job over $26 billion Dylan Mulvaney mistake is tight-lipped outside her $8m Central Park home - as her friend says: 'She can't talk about it'

• A friend of former marketing VP Alissa Heinerscheid said that she is unable to talk about the disaster
  • She took a 'leave of absence' shortly after the company started to haemorrhage money following the backlash
  • Bud Light could be toppled from its top spot as the US king of beer by Modelo after sales plunged 25.7 per cent "

First blurb that comes out on Alissa Heinersheid:
Quote:

Alissa Heinerscheid?

The executive became the first woman to lead Bud Light in the brand's 40-year history and was recognized by Ad Age in 2022 as one of the 40 under 40 rising stars in marketing, advertising, and media.

I don't think she was officially fired, apparently she just took a leave of absence. Not sure if her $400k/yr salary has been suspended. Despite leading the worst marketing campaign in the history of consumer products, I'm sure she will land the same kind of job at a more "enlightened" Fortune 500 consumer products company.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12145405/Bud-Light-marketing-VP-disastrous-Dylan-Mulvaney-tie-talk-controversy.html

"Bud Light marketing VP who lost her job over $26 billion Dylan Mulvaney mistake is tight-lipped outside her $8m Central Park home - as her friend says: 'She can't talk about it'

• A friend of former marketing VP Alissa Heinerscheid said that she is unable to talk about the disaster
  • She took a 'leave of absence' shortly after the company started to haemorrhage money following the backlash
  • Bud Light could be toppled from its top spot as the US king of beer by Modelo after sales plunged 25.7 per cent "

Quote:

Alissa Heinerscheid?

The executive became the first woman to lead Bud Light in the brand's 40-year history and was recognized by Ad Age in 2022 as one of the 40 under 40 rising stars in marketing, advertising, and media.

I don't think she was officially fired, apparently she just took a leave of absence. Not sure if her $400k/yr salary has been suspended. Despite leading the worst marketing campaign in the history of consumer products, I'm sure she will land the same kind of job at a more "enlightened" Fortune 500 consumer products company.

Modelo is the best beer
American Vermin
Cal88
Beer consumption is highly seasonal, especially outside of the west coast where Summers are hot. Bud Light is watery and easier to drink in a hot and sticky Summer afternoon than some overhopped overrated Russian River IPA. I'm not sure if Bud Light tastes great, but it's definitely less filling, and a bit lighter on the alcohol.

Bud Light is a natural leader by virtue of the above, it takes some incredibly boneheaded woke marketing to unseat them from that position, GJ Alissa.
calbear93
Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

So what you're saying is that Blackrock, Vanguard etc control corporate policies, and impose their cultural dogmas on corporate messaging, product design and so forth, effectively being leading agents of social engineering on American culture and society.

That's a bit too much power, but given the sheer size of these entities, we already knew that.
Yes, they are the shareholders. Did you think companies would not listen to their owners but instead to twitter heroes?

Who do you think votes during annual shareholder meetings? Twitter clowns or shareholders?

Why is this concept so difficult? I suspect you own shares in companies. Do you not vote your shares based on what you believe? Why not institutional investors? If you don't want them to have the power, stop putting your money in the funds to invest and vote for you but instead invest directly in companies.
Goldener Bar

dajo9
calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

Yes, they are the shareholders. Did you think companies would not listen to their owners but instead to twitter heroes?

Who do you think votes during annual shareholder meetings? Twitter clowns or shareholders?

Why is this concept so difficult? I suspect you own shares in companies. Do you not vote your shares based on what you believe? Why not institutional investors? If you don't want them to have the power, stop putting your money in the funds to invest and vote for you but instead invest directly in companies.

I bet the percentage of retail investors who make informed votes is very, very low.

I know I don't
American Vermin
MinotStateBeav
"After 1 year of only drinking Bud Light for breakfast, lunch and dinner we see the effects in this new documentary...."
calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

I bet the percentage of retail investors who make informed votes is very, very low.

I know I don't

In that case, who should have voting power if not the institutional investors? People with no stake in the outcome of the company like Twitter heroes? So I don't get the complaint about Blackrock, State Street, Fidelity, T Rowe. If you don't like their stewardship policies, speak by investing with a different investment advisor. Plenty of funds. Otherwise, what is the basis for people who complain about the ESG policies of these funds?
dajo9
calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

movielover said:

calbear93 said:

oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

I know I don't

In that case, who should have voting power if not the institutional investors? People with no stake in the outcome of the company like Twitter heroes? So I don't get the complaint about Blackrock, State Street, Fidelity, T Rowe. If you don't like their stewardship policies, speak by investing with a different investment advisor. Plenty of funds. Otherwise, what is the basis for people who complain about the ESG policies of these funds?

I don't know. I don't complain about them.
American Vermin
BearHunter
Wokeness has a very top down corporate feel to it. Very globalist and uni-partyish.
BearHunter
dajo9
BearHunter said:

Wokeness has a very top down corporate feel to it. Very globalist and uni-partyish.

This could only be said by somebody who was blind to decades of struggle
American Vermin
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

This could only be said by somebody who was blind to decades of struggle
The struggle for what? And how are corporations possibly making things better?
BearHunter
DiabloWags said:

I wonder how many LATINOS were in Donald Trump's cabinet in 2016.

I wonder how many LATINOS Biden used to blow up the Nord Steam pipeline?

This question was asked to some panelists after Rachel Maddow had just given a speech about Nazi infiltration of the U.S. during the WWII era and how it parallels the Trump-Russia conspiracy theory.

MinotStateBeav
That's hilarious.
Cal88

BearHunter

Protect our schools. Muslims vs. Karens edition.
BearHunter

Protect our schools. Armenians vs. Antifa edition.
AunBear89
I'm confused: now you morons LIKE and SUPPORT immigrants?

And I doubt the bat shyte crazy Evangelical wing of the GQP will get behind cozying up to Muslims. The party has invested too much time and money convincing the slack jawed base that immigrants, particularly non-Christian brown immigrants, are the cause of all the problems in the world.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearHunter
You're confused because you don't know the difference between legal and illegal.
AunBear89
BearHunter said:

You're confused because you don't know the difference between legal and illegal.

I'm confused because MAGAts/Republicans rarely, if ever, make that distinction.

And the party still hates non Christians and brown people.

Keep defending the indefensible, BearFarce. It has worked so well for you.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearHunter
The media doesn't make that distinction on purpose.
Cal88
It's a basic fact that most immigrants tend to be more socially conservative than the average American. It's particularly true of certain class of immigrants like Cubans, East Asians or middle easterners (whether Christian like the Armenians, or Muslim like the groups as seen above), though you can't always generalize.
movielover
BearHunter said:

Dense, too; most Latinos are Catholic. Go into many lunchrooms in California and there will be pictures or artwork of Mary, mother of Christ.
movielover
AunBear89 said:

BearHunter said:

I'm confused because MAGAts/Republicans rarely, if ever, make that distinction.

And the party still hates non Christians and brown people.

Keep defending the indefensible, BearFarce. It has worked so well for you.

They actually do all the time. You either don't listen or are disingenuous, because acknowledging such would blow a hole in your other fantasy - that Conservatives don't like brown people.

Funny, I was at a party near DiabloWags casa a decade ago, lots of Conservative or moderate men there ... and they dated almost exclusively non-white women. Ha! In fact, two stated that they detested [3rd wave] "white Feminists"! They're seen as unhappy and bitter.
Big C
Cal88 said:

Quote:

Alissa Heinerscheid?

You guys aren't going to believe what I just uncovered...

When I read, ""worst marketing campaign in the history of consumer products", a light bulb lit up... then I did some research: You effing won't believe the marketing genius behind "New Coke" in the mid-1980s. Wanna take a guess? Yup! Alexander Heinerscheid! And indeed, he has a daughter, named Alissa. Marketing genius runs in the family!

You can't make this stuff up!
oski003
AunBear89 said:

I'm confused: now you morons LIKE and SUPPORT immigrants?

And I doubt the bat shyte crazy Evangelical wing of the GQP will get behind cozying up to Muslims. The party has invested too much time and money convincing the slack jawed base that immigrants, particularly non-Christian brown immigrants, are the cause of all the problems in the world.

MoronBear89 has a nice ring to it. AngryMoronBear89 might be better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.