Do you see a problem? What should be done?

22,046 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by going4roses
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses said:

What are we supposed to conclude on this basis about the broader police force? I know what people WANT you to conclude, but using individual actors and circumstances to concoct narratives isn't just inaccurate, it's dishonest.

They want you to think that because other anecdotes of police responses to blacks are much more urgent and aggressive than this anecdote and individual LE officer that -- VOILA -- LE officers systematically under react to whites and over react to blacks, or otherwise apply different standards for response based on only skin color. (nevermind her being 65 years old and woman are relevant markers here that would reasonably affect a response)
AunBear89
oski003 said:

Am I supposed to imagine what would happen if this 65 year old crazy woman was black?

No, you don't have to imagine - because you already know. You're just virtue signaling, or whatever it is you RWNJs call it.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
AunBear89
There are many more incidences of this and you know it. I'd say you are better than that, but we all know you aren't.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

oski003 said:

Am I supposed to imagine what would happen if this 65 year old crazy woman was black?

No, you don't have to imagine - because you already know. You're just virtue signaling, or whatever it is you RWNJs call it.

How am I virtue signaling here?
GBear4Life
AunBear89 said:

There are many more incidences of this and you know it. I'd say you are better than that, but we all know you aren't.
1,000 more incidences of this wouldn't change anything.

Do you not see the illogical premise from flaming stories like this? Unique cop + suspect = outcome. Outcome compared to a DIFFERENT set of cops + suspect = outcomes...

This cop may NOT have acted in the same way as the other cop facing the same circumstances.

One has to spell all this out for Leftards. They can't see straight from bathing in ideology and their obsession with racial identity as the fundamental cause of human behavior. It's f'n laughable.
GBear4Life
oski003 said:

AunBear89 said:

oski003 said:

How am I virtue signaling here?
It's a dig at me...plus he actually doesn't know what it means.
going4roses
No amount of proof/empirical evidence will open your mind to the truth... we both can't be wrong or right at the same time. You can't break from the narrative/talking points set forth before you... do you remember when this playbook was used before?
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

No amount of proof/empirical evidence will open your mind to the truth... we both can't be wrong or right at the same time. You can't break from the narrative/talking points set forth before you... do you remember when this playbook was used before?
You mean twitter anecdotes?

It's clear to me the false narrative is on your side. The claims your side are making are overly ambitious in an attempt to prop up a narrative that has no teeth.

Feel free to cite where I went wrong here as I did explicitly with your post and 89's
Anarchistbear
The leftists are bathing in their ideological racial identitiarian politics virtue signaling their fealty to the discounted self-righteousness of minority hucksters

( my dog randomly typed this)
going4roses
So, are you willing to be open minded to academic proof?
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

So, are you willing to be open minded to academic proof?
to what?

I've seen studies that align with both sides.
GBear4Life
Anarchistbear said:

The leftists are bathing in their ideological racial identitiarian politics virtue signaling their fealty to the discounted self-righteousness of minority hucksters

( my dog randomly typed this)
Poverty Pimps and Race-Hustlers
GBear4Life
Police brutality and their targeting of minorities is the 21st century tool Leftist ideologues have employed to advance their grievance narratives in a covert attempt to unite the Left similar to how conservatives used social politics to snatch up Christians.

It's worked. The Democratic party has responded quickly. The debates affirm what they've been doing for years. You won't have Left-cred if you don't pander to identity and grievance narratives.
going4roses
I guess ... if you say it you believe it

But that doesn't make it the truth
Yogi011
Golden One said:

You obviously feel differently, but when I see police patrolling my community, I feel comfortable and reassured. Most black people I know feel the same way.
The only black people you "know" are the athletes you root for.
Yogi011
GBear4Life said:

Anarchistbear said:

I don't feel comfortable. I don't feel reassured. I'd rather not see them. Why should I if I haven't done anything wrong?
This is the attitude I'd get from the 5th graders I used to counsel.
Before they realized you shouldn't be allowed near children.
Golden One
BearNakedLadies said:

Golden One said:

You obviously feel differently, but when I see police patrolling my community, I feel comfortable and reassured. Most black people I know feel the same way.
You know absolutely nothing about the people I know or their race, ethnicity, etc. That you would make a stupid statement like that only shows how ignorant you are. You are clearly a racist.
going4roses
Lol
Yogi011
Golden One said:

BearNakedLadies said:

Golden One said:

You know absolutely nothing about the people I know or their race, ethnicity, etc. That you would make a stupid statement like that only shows how ignorant you are. You are clearly a racist.
It's so cute when you RWNJ's try to use the word "racist." Nothing is funnier than watching people try to use a word they don't know the meaning of.

Perhaps some of your black friends could explain it to you.
GBear4Life
BearNakedLadies said:

Golden One said:

BearNakedLadies said:

Golden One said:

It's so cute when you RWNJ's try to use the word "racist." Nothing is funnier than watching people try to use a word they don't know the meaning of.

Perhaps some of your black friends could explain it to you.
You're pretty stupid, in addition to being an abject racist.

I'm not surprised that the BI race hustlers haven't taken you to task for it. It's because racism doesn't bother them either. Only the political fruits of aggrieved minorities.
B.A. Bearacus
Poll for Republicans only: You perceive BNL to be racist towards which group, now? Star your choice(s).

Sorry for asking. Was hard to follow the script.
B.A. Bearacus
A. Blacks
B.A. Bearacus
B. Whites
Anarchistbear
going4roses
Stealing money from a dead person geez us

going4roses

Really and he is not even...
Apparently a certain level of competency is not required to weld a weapon/deadly force
going4roses
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

You and B.A. Bearsucksass keep posting twitter propaganda like it's relevant information.
going4roses
Aww
concordtom
Golden One said:

Copgoing4roses said:

So what is the problem in your opinion?
Cops are human just like the rest of us. It's unreasonable to expect them to be perfect all the time, especially when they are being threatened or harrassed by hoodlums, gang members, and others who disrespect them.

Golden1
I first thought you racist when you began defending trump's hate speak. Now that you associated the words hoodlums and gang members after the videos of blacks being trashed by white cops (as if they MUST be such types) I KNOW you are racist.

THAT assumption on your part IS racism.
Riding our world of such prejudice is a lengthy effort.

I wouldn't have thought it common for Cal graduates. Your post disgusts me.
going4roses
GBear4Life said:

going4roses said:

You and B.A. Bearsucksass keep posting twitter propaganda like it's relevant information.

First this
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/07/white-supremacist-terrorism-intelligence-analyst?CMP=share_btn_fb&__twitter_impression=true
going4roses
Are you going to attempt to say that the book Color of Law is all lies ?
GBear4Life
The intentionally misleading headline style narrative on Eric Garner has been called out numerous times.
going4roses
Headlines aside are you really trying to say there is no difference between the two situations?
GBear4Life
going4roses said:

Headlines aside are you really trying to say there is no difference between the two situations?
Headline aside? The headline that asserts a provocative and demonstrably untrue narrative, re-cast to the masses as unassailable truth, providing the central claim to a propagandist cultural movement, is just 'whatever'?

In your own words, "you're telling on yourself"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.