COVID disappears Nov 4th?

129,210 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal84 said:

No, those who oppose wearing masks will dig in further after Trump's defeat. Moreover, with Trump gone, his minions will then also oppose taking a vaccine which should be available in the first quarter of 2021.

Good. It will trim the Republican electorate for 2024.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
AunBear89
bearister said:

Cal84 said:

No, those who oppose wearing masks will dig in further after Trump's defeat. Moreover, with Trump gone, his minions will then also oppose taking a vaccine which should be available in the first quarter of 2021.

Good. It will trim the Republican electorate for 2024.

Yes - natural selection at work. Trump Supporters will win a group Darwin Award for 2020.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
blungld
Gee. The 4th came and COVID didn't disappear? How is that possible? Oh my, it's the highest ever. What? You liars said another one of your made up BS never stand behind it spewforths that this was all fake news just to take down Trump. Care to admit you were wrong?

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
bearister
blungld said:

Gee. The 4th came and COVID didn't disappear? How is that possible? Oh my, it's the highest ever. What? You liars said another one of your made up BS never stand behind it spewforths that this was all fake news just to take down Trump. Care to admit you were wrong?

The only thing disappearing are those that politicized masks and social distancing.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
smh
title "U.S. Records 100,000 Cases in a Day for the First Time"
Last Updated Nov. 5, 2020, 1:56 a.m. ET 5 minutes ago
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/04/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates
chazzed
*whew*

We can relax social distancing efforts and take off the masks now. I can also tell my friend that he and his parents did not truly just get infected with COVID-19.
hanky1
blungld said:

Turn on CNN today. Did you hear anything about COVID?

Nope. It disappeared.
AunBear89
Oh, so you watch a lot of CNN?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Unit2Sucks
hanky1 said:

blungld said:

Nope. It disappeared.
Congratulations on extending your record losing streak.

Task force warns new coronavirus cases are increasing 'exponentially' in weekly state reports

Quote:

(CNN) Despite President Donald Trump's claims at campaign rallies that the pandemic would vanish on November 4 and members of the media would stop covering it, rising cases, hospitalizations, and deaths nationwide are causing the White House coronavirus task force to sound dire warnings in weekly reports released to states.

"There is a continued increase in cases, hospitalizations, and fatalities nationally, spreading southward from the coldest climates as the population moves indoors and cases increase exponentially," the task force said in multiple state reports dated November 1 and obtained by CNN.

Maps that show the rise in Covid-19 cases nationally over time, the reports said, "demonstrate the previous impact of comprehensive mitigation efforts when implemented effectively in many areas and that partial or incomplete mitigation leads to prolonged community spread, hospitalizations, and increased fatalities."

Those maps also show "significant deterioration in the Sunbelt as mitigation efforts were decreased over the past 5 weeks," the reports said.

BearNIt
smh said:

title "U.S. Records 100,000 Cases in a Day for the First Time"
Last Updated Nov. 5, 2020, 1:56 a.m. ET 5 minutes ago
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/04/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates
Apparently setting records for positive COVID cases at +100,000 means it didn't magically disappear like the Moron in Chief said it would. What's is he going to do about the increases in infections? NOTHING! More people will be hospitalized putting more pressure on rural hospitals and their staff causing doctors and hospitals to make decisions on treatment and admissions. More hospitalizations mean more deaths. How many more people will die before he is out of office?
Eastern Oregon Bear
chazzed said:

*whew*

We can relax social distancing efforts and take off the masks now. I can also tell my friend that he and his parents did not truly just get infected with COVID-19.
I hope we weren't too hasty about cremating my cousin.
chazzed
I hope you're joking. If not, may your cousin rest in peace.
Eastern Oregon Bear
chazzed said:

Thanks. I did lose a cousin to COVID-19 about 6 weeks ago. We weren't close and I hadn't seen her in 15 or 20 years, but it was still a shock to get the news.
BearNIt
+120,000 positive COVID cases in the last 24 hrs. Another record has been set, more pressure has been placed on the healthcare system especially in rural America, and still nothing from Captain Catastrophe regarding his plans to do something regarding COVID 19. You can tell he cares about himself and only himself and nothing about trying to formulate a strategy that will slow the killing of Americans by a virus that he said would disappear.
chazzed
I understand. That is a tough way to go.
B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks
One thing is clear. Trump has no interest in doing anything to help the country from here on out since it won't impact his re-election. We are getting a taste for what these one term would have been. No attempt to address COVID or help this country recover from the problems we faced this year. I would be surprised if Trump takes a single action to address COVID before he is unceremoniously removed from office.
BearChemist
sp4149
hanky1 said:

blungld said:

Nope. It disappeared.
Actually I saw on CNN that cases reached an all time high.

What disappeared was the Trump Pandemic Response team (Trump administration's Coronavirus response team) .

The Mob Boss solution, 'You don't need to kill them if they just disappear."
concordtom
Mark Meadows, snicker.

I'm not going to be one of those who say "I hope he gets well soon."

There needs to be some shocking wake up call to reset the blase attitude America currently has toward Covid.
Unfortunately, Meadows is not really a famous enough person.
concordtom
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

chazzed said:

Thanks. I did lose a cousin to COVID-19 about 6 weeks ago. We weren't close and I hadn't seen her in 15 or 20 years, but it was still a shock to get the news.

I'm sorry for your loss, for sure!
My daughter went to college parties and got it 2 weeks ago. Asymptomatic. While quarantined at our home apartment, 3 roommates got it, Halloween in SLO.
Totally stupid, the youth.

I blame the president and the weaklings riding his horse for the American attitude toward Covid.

How old was your cousin? What co-factors might she have had?
concordtom
chazzed said:

I understand. That is a tough way to go.

How about, "oh, I'm sorry."
sp4149
I lost my step brother last June.
His death was directly related to Covid.
He went to the hospital complaining of abdominal pain.
They were fully impacted with Covid cases, since he had a
bout with kidney stones a few months earlier; they gave him some pain pills
and sent him home. A week later he was worse and was taken to the hospital
in an ambulance. This time they found a perforated intestine and a massive
infection. They drained a liter of pus from his intestines. Because the University of
Virginia hospital had no ICU space available they had to take him to Richmond Virginia for emergency surgery.
They called an air ambulance but bad weather grounded it before it could take off.
So he was transferred to an ambulance, the journey took six hours in the middle of the night.
He had emergency surgery in the early morning, but never recovered and died two days later.

A sad addendum; he had worked his entire career as a medical researcher at the University of Virginia;
but at the hour of his greatest need, they couldn't help him.

No one is counting Covid related deaths, but they are just as tragic. As we enter the massive second wave,
denial of service due to the massive increase in Covid cases will result in more Covid related deaths.
Unit2Sucks
Sorry for your loss Sam. Your step brother certainly deserved better.
BearNIt
sp4149 said:

I lost my step brother last June.
His death was directly related to Covid.
He went to the hospital complaining of abdominal pain.
They were fully impacted with Covid cases, since he had a
bout with kidney stones a few months earlier; they gave him some pain pills
and sent him home. A week later he was worse and was taken to the hospital
in an ambulance. This time they found a perforated intestine and a massive
infection. They drained a liter of pus from his intestines. Because the University of
Virginia hospital had no ICU space available they had to take him to Richmond Virginia for emergency surgery.
They called an air ambulance but bad weather grounded it before it could take off.
So he was transferred to an ambulance, the journey took six hours in the middle of the night.
He had emergency surgery in the early morning, but never recovered and died two days later.

A sad addendum; he had worked his entire career as a medical researcher at the University of Virginia;
but at the hour of his greatest need, they couldn't help him.

No one is counting Covid related deaths, but they are just as tragic. As we enter the massive second wave,
denial of service due to the massive increase in Covid cases will result in more Covid related deaths.
I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. The evil part of COVID is that it doesn't just affect the patients and families who have to deal with a positive COVID diagnosis, it affects all hospital operations from the top to the bottom. More COVID admits means that there are fewer beds available in a given area and fewer surgeries performed. This means that hospitals have to scramble to find beds for non-COVID patients at other hospitals. This can mean long trips to other hospitals and that affects patient health.
BearNIt
Friday 1185 people died due to COVID.
hanky1
hanky1
COVID is over, part 2

hanky1
COVID is over, part 3

hanky1
COVID is over, part 4

BearChemist
# of people with masks properly on is more than the last 50 Trump campaigns combined.
AunBear89
Psst- hey, numb skull, see those things on their faces? They are called masks. And they are outdoors. But don't let facts get in your way.

Your Orange oligarch lost. Get over it. It's called democracy.

BearChemist
Meanwhile, the latest Covid outbreak in the WH has already 7 cases.
Unit2Sucks
hankyPhD never misses an opportunity to remind everyone how bad his predictions are.
hanky1
AunBear89 said:

Psst- hey, numb skull, see those things on their faces? They are called masks. And they are outdoors. But don't let facts get in your way.

Your Orange oligarch lost. Get over it. It's called democracy.

The mask are not there to protect them from COVID. They are there to hide their faces in case they want to start rioting and looting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.