COVID disappears Nov 4th?

120,536 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hanky1 said:

You worship false gods

Funny his credible was shot w me a long time ago because of common sense. What other conspiracy theory that hanky1 believed in will turn out to be true or the common viewpoint?

The Furd guy saying this is Jay Bhattacharya, who has been arguing against lockdowns from the very beginning. He has his own agenda, pushing for "herd immunity."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/89204

He has a right to his opinions, but he doesn't represent anything close to a majority view among epidemiologists.
BearForce2
GoOskie said:

A large swath of people in this country seem to be emotionally, mentally or intellectually stunted. These weak minded people easily fall for the propagandistic one liners. Easily follow a con man. I don't see things getting a whole lot better.

Tell me about it. Is it OK to go outside now, master? I've been dying to wear my new cargo shorts for over a year and half now too.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
Irony
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
hanky1
Yet another 'conspiracy theory' that hanky1 posted about that is proving true. Honestly it's not like you need to be a genius to predict this (although admittedly hanky1 is a genius), you just need common sense. Unfortunately many of you smart Berkeley educated folks have let your fear and hatred of an individual cloud your judgement and as a result you have become dumb.

BearForce2
hanky1 said:

Yet another 'conspiracy theory' that hanky1 posted about that is proving true. Honestly it's not like you need to be a genius to predict this (although admittedly hanky1 is a genius), you just need common sense. Unfortunately many of you smart Berkeley educated folks have let your fear and hatred of an individual cloud your judgement and as a result you have become dumb.

The left believe in their own version of "truth".
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
AunBear89
Even more irony. You believe everything your Right Wing Twitter feed tells you.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

Even more irony. You believe everything your Right Wing Twitter feed tells you.
Why should I have to resort to "right wing sources" when the mainstream media should do its job to present fair and balanced news?

You, on the other hand, suck it in like a baby on a teat.
AunBear89
You think you have all the answers because Charlie Kirk, Dinesh, and Pillow Shill tell you what to think - including don't trust MSM.
BearForce2
AunBear89 said:

You think you have all the answers because Charlie Kirk, Dinesh, and Pillow Shill tell you what to think - including don't trust MSM.

You're free to disagree with their opinions and commentary. They don't claim to be journalists reporting the news.
Unit2Sucks
hanky1 said:

Classic fake premature victory lap by hanky. Alameda changed its determination to match up with the state's definition which everyone else in CA was using. Still no reason to believe we are over counting on a nationwide basis given that excess deaths well exceeds the official death count.

But once again, if COVID is no big deal, why are you so butthurt at China who you believe is responsible? Oh right, because you don't care to coordinate your various dips-hit conspiracy theories.
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

Classic fake premature victory lap by hanky. Alameda changed its determination to match up with the state's definition which everyone else in CA was using. Still no reason to believe we are over counting on a nationwide basis given that excess deaths well exceeds the official death count.

But once again, if COVID is no big deal, why are you so butthurt at China who you believe is responsible? Oh right, because you don't care to coordinate your various dips-hit conspiracy theories.

Is Covid a big deal or not? If it is a big deal and people are still dying, why are blue states opening up and not taking this seriously? Why isn't anyone holding Biden accountable when so many people died under his watch?
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Is Covid a big deal or not? If it is a big deal and people are still dying, why are blue states opening up and not taking this seriously?

Because there's a vaccine now and case/death rates are dropping rapidly.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Is Covid a big deal or not? If it is a big deal and people are still dying, why are blue states opening up and not taking this seriously?

Tell that to the people who died recently. Am I doing this right?
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Tell that to the people who died recently. Am I doing this right?

No.
hanky1
Unit2Sucks said:

hanky1 said:

dimitrig
hanky1 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

hanky1 said:

I am fine with clawing some of that back from the top 1% to the top 10% :

bearister
I am a huge advocate for the proposition that the Red states should proceed with the mindset that this pandemic is behind us and that it was primarily puffed up nonsense in the first place just to keep tRump from getting re-elected.

JUST DON'T COME TO CALIFORNIA, SPECIFICALLY THE BAY AREA
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
hanky1
dimitrig said:

hanky1 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

hanky1 said:

I agree.

But some people are so blinded by their hatred of one man that they can't even see common sense what it hits them right between the eyes.
Unit2Sucks
hanky1 said:

dimitrig said:

hanky1 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

hanky1 said:

I agree.

But some people are so blinded by their hatred of one man that they can't even see common sense what it hits them right between the eyes.
I love that you continue to revel in your ignorance. It's quite obvious your PhD isn't in tax.

If you read the article your graphic came from, you would see that there is state by state analysis. I will say it again succinctly for anyone actually interested - the TJCA lowered the top income rates for high income earners by 2.6% (actually 4.6% for amounts between $480k and $600k, 2.6% above that) and paid for it by imposing a SALT cap which disproportionately impacted high income people in blue states. So red states received a disproportionate share of the reduction in marginal tax rates.

Hanky is either incapable of understanding what these words mean or purposely dissembling. I used to think it was the latter but I'm beginning to think he really doesn't understand this relatively simple issue because otherwise he wouldn't keep bringing up something which makes him look so foolish.

BearForce2

Anyone see the roller coaster Covid numbers for Japan, the land of the original mask wearers?
bearister
Effectiveness of Mask Wearing to Control Community Spread of SARS-CoV-2 | Infectious Diseases | JAMA | JAMA Network

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2776536

Mask-wearing and control of SARS-CoV-2 transmission in the USA: a cross-sectional study - The Lancet Digital Health

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(20)30293-4/fulltext

Masks & Face Coverings for the Public

https://www.idsociety.org/covid-19-real-time-learning-network/infection-prevention/masks-and-face-coverings-for-the-public/

bearister
Failure to relay intelligence permitted Jan. 6 attack, Senate report finds - Axios

https://www.axios.com/january-6-capitol-senate-report-51caaec8-274a-425e-84fa-197e51ed9328.html
Big C
BearForce2 said:

Anyone see the roller coaster Covid numbers for Japan, the land of the original mask wearers?

It's been a brutal roller coaster ride for the mask-wearing Japanese to date:

764,000 COVID cases; 14,000 COVID fatalities

(US: 33,000,000 cases; 600,000 fatalities. Of course, we have over 2 1/2 times their population, which partially explains why we have 30 times their COVID.)
BearForce2

The CCP said the lab leak theory is absurd so it must have originated from the U.S. Army like they said.
BearForce2
dimitrig
BearForce2 said:

I've been away from my keyboard for a day.

What is the evidence that emerged that showed the Wuhan leak probably happened?

bearister
8 states see a rise in infection rates, 29% of Republicans don't want vaccine

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/06/14/covid-vaccination-infection-cdc-variant-deaths/7678685002/
dajo9
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/13/californias-stricter-covid-rules-did-not-hurt-the-economy-report/
American Vermin
bearister
Delta variant of Covid spreading rapidly and detected in 74 countries

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/14/delta-variant-of-covid-spreading-rapidly-and-detected-in-74-countries?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
bearister
Is it over? How California will know when the pandemic ends

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/Is-it-over-How-California-will-know-when-the-16247554.php
Big C

It could be over in the U.S. basically right now, were it not for the 120+ million or so Americans who could get vaxxed, but are not. That really pisses me off. It's so easy now: My 12 yr old went for his 2nd shot last Saturday. No line AT ALL at Kaiser's Oakland Vaccination Center. Validated parking.

Anecdotal evidence (or as we sometimes say here "antidotal"), my Cal alum friend in Nashville says there are WIDE SWATHS of completely unvaccinated people in his area. Probably hyperbole, but he said there are entire zip codes of the unvaccinated.

Not exactly profiles in courage: The Republican members of congress who won't say if they've been vaccinated or not. LOL, of course they have. Wake the eff up out there, people.
Unit2Sucks
Big C said:

It could be over in the U.S. basically right now, were it not for the 120+ million or so Americans who could get vaxxed, but are not. That really pisses me off. It's so easy now: My 12 yr old went for his 2nd shot last Saturday. No line AT ALL at Kaiser's Oakland Vaccination Center. Validated parking.

Anecdotal evidence (or as we sometimes say here "antidotal"), my Cal alum friend in Nashville says there are WIDE SWATHS of completely unvaccinated people in his area. Probably hyperbole, but he said there are entire zip codes of the unvaccinated.

Not exactly profiles in courage: The Republican members of congress who won't say if they've been vaccinated or not. LOL, of course they have. Wake the eff up out there, people.
Your friend isn't wrong. Tennessee overall is a disaster from a vaccination standpoint but look at some of those smaller counties! 15% vaccinated.

sycasey
The pandemic will soon be over in Blue America. In Red America? *shrug*
Big C

Regarding Tennessee, I looked up that one county, DeKalb, that has a 14% vaccination rate. Their website boasts that they have an excellent education system. Holy moly...
BearForce2
Big C said:

Regarding Tennessee, I looked up that one county, DeKalb, that has a 14% vaccination rate. Their website boasts that they have an excellent education system. Holy moly...

Do they have ID?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.