cal's monster mad dog

205,569 Views | 1009 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by HoopDreams
Gkhoury2325
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

Cuonzo had better basketball players, who can shoot, run the court and defend for the most part. He also had Brown, Rabb, Bird who were 5 star players. He also had a serious shooter In Mathews who killed zone defenses.
gk, thoose guys played section 8 **** you up defense, the current guys play monterra middle school recess defense

Agreed Shocky, they played great defense… NBA level. This Cal team is soft and lack mental toughness.
bearister
Gkhoury2325 said:

Cuonzo had better basketball players, who can shoot, run the court and defend for the most part. He also had Brown, Rabb, Bird who were 5 star players. He also had a serious shooter In Mathews who killed zone defenses.

….Cuonzo left a trail of broken hearts….and very large bank deposits. He is the Derek Carr of college basketball.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Shocky1
bearister said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

….Cuonzo left a trail of broken hearts….and very large bank deposits. He is the Derek Carr of college basketball.
this is an ignorant uniformed take on coach martin's departure, his 3.67 gpa son joshua wuz not offered acceptance by berkeley admissions...there is a zero chance moms roberta would've uprooted the family if their son wuz a berkeley student...and i know this because i sat next to roberta in the 1st row behind the cal bench when the bears played on the road
Alkiadt
Shocky1 said:

bearister said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

this is an ignorant uniformed take on coach martin's departure, his 3.67 gpa son joshua wuz not offered acceptance by berkeley admissions...there is a zero chance moms roberta would've uprooted the family if their son wuz a berkeley student...and i know this because i sat next to roberta in the 1st row behind the cal bench when the bears played on the road

Get real. Cuonzo got $20m to go to Mizzou.
Mom was not that high on the Cal education at that point. Their kid got your so called "generational wealth" without a Cal degree…

calumnus
Alkiadt said:

Shocky1 said:

bearister said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

Get real. Cuonzo got $20m to go to Mizzou.
Mom was not that high on the Cal education at that point. Their kid got your so called "generational wealth" without a Cal degree…

We had a coach that came to off a Sweet 16 at an SEC school (ie could have gone anywhere), landed some McDonald's All Americans, lead us to an undefeated season at Haas and our highest seed in the NCAA Tournament ever, but whom we undermined and treated very poorly and ultimately couldn't afford to keep. Yet many on this board only criticize him.

Contrast with the love shown Bruce Snyder who also left for more money for example.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal's defense is kinda embarzzing#
men's basketball ticket sales update (post cal's monster class):

a reported 2429 in the haas last nite for a pac 12 conference game, yeah the knowlton & markeisha marketing plan to not offer FREE tickets to ALL students is ensuring there is NO PIPELINE to future season tix holders/donors

stupid people make stupid decisions#
Shocky1
mark, u need to schedule an urgent meeting with knowlton & markeisha and tell them it's imperative that ALL students be offered FREE tixs for the remaining pac 12 games at haas once the students return to berkeley for the spring semester...maybe offer to pay for the cost of these tixs to show them the seriousness of this issue, ok?

me & hoop dreams discussed with u in the tunnel at memorial stadium while the bears football players prepared to storm the field this fall the importance of bringing in an asian walk on to create student (and existing fanbase) interest, this needs to be a PRIORITY for this offseason in identifying the right candidate

lastly, would recommend bringing in one of ur nba scouting connections for a talk with the team, there seems to be a misperception that u can get paid playing professional basketball without playing elite man to man lockdown defense...and yeah bench guys who can't get it done on the d end of the court

maddog in the haas#
calumnus
Shocky1 said:

mark, u need to schedule an urgent meeting with knowlton & markeisha and tell them it's imperative that ALL students be offered FREE tixs for the remaining pac 12 games at haas once the students return to berkeley for the spring semester...maybe offer to pay for the cost of these tixs to show them the seriousness of this issue, ok?

me & hoop dreams discussed with u in the tunnel at memorial stadium while the bears football players prepared to storm the field this fall the importance of bringing in an asian walk on to create student (and existing fanbase) interest, this needs to be a PRIORITY for this offseason in identifying the right candidate

lastly, would recommend bringing in one of ur nba scouting connections for a talk with the team, there seems to be a misperception that u can get paid playing professional basketball without playing elite man to man lockdown defense...and yeah bench guys who can't get it done on the d end of the court

maddog in the haas#

Need to bring in a true PG and high percentage 3 point shooters who play perimeter defense.
socaltownie
Shocky1 said:

bearister said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

I know Bill and I disagree about this but if Cal professors - some who EASILY bring in MORE PROFIT than Martin get no special consideration for their kids and UC B is ROUTINELY rejecting kids with >4.2 GPAs from the same school as Martin's kid - a kid who had ALL the advantages of being the son of a multi-millionaire - than giving his kid admission on the HOPE that his dad would stay is simply wrong.

I have no problems with the school doing things to prioritize sports. I think winning is a good investment. But it HAS to be fair - and it isn't - again - when the university provides no special admission pathway for Proffs who have 60% of their grant money siphoned off for "institutional support" - AKA PURE profit to the overhead of the university. Guess what - MBB does NOT operate on 60% net

And before you start typing - understand that Grad assistant scholarships and other "direct grant expenses" comes out of that 40%. The 60% disappears into a great black hole of overpaid administrators.

And a 3.67 i(if weighted) s frankly VERY meh in California. It means few APs. I assume A-G so 1/3 of those being Bs and that isn't that great. I GUESS you cold suck at foreign languages and that could kill but you have enough other ways.

(More ink saved for finding out how SCT Jr. did in 4 months with his UC apps).
75bear
Good luck to SCT, Jr!
calumnus
socaltownie said:

Shocky1 said:

bearister said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

I know Bill and I disagree about this but if Cal professors - some who EASILY bring in MORE PROFIT than Martin get no special consideration for their kids and UC B is ROUTINELY rejecting kids with >4.2 GPAs from the same school as Martin's kid - a kid who had ALL the advantages of being the son of a multi-millionaire - than giving his kid admission on the HOPE that his dad would stay is simply wrong.

I have no problems with the school doing things to prioritize sports. I think winning is a good investment. But it HAS to be fair - and it isn't - again - when the university provides no special admission pathway for Proffs who have 60% of their grant money siphoned off for "institutional support" - AKA PURE profit to the overhead of the university. Guess what - MBB does NOT operate on 60% net

And before you start typing - understand that Grad assistant scholarships and other "direct grant expenses" comes out of that 40%. The 60% disappears into a great black hole of overpaid administrators.

And a 3.67 i(if weighted) s frankly VERY meh in California. It means few APs. I assume A-G so 1/3 of those being Bs and that isn't that great. I GUESS you cold suck at foreign languages and that could kill but you have enough other ways.

Tedford brought his kids in as PWOs. Just go with the fiction. I'm sure Martin's son played enough hoops to be a reserve for practice scrimmages and perform team manager type functions.
Shocky1

(left to right, jaylon "ceo" tyson, rodney "crabbe jr" brown, jalen "empire state" celestine, devin "wut time is brunch?" curtis, keonte "dollar bill" kennedy, grant "windy hair" newell, fardaws "the luxury watchman" aimaq & jalen "ice in his veins" cone)

congrats to coach madsen on his 1st power conference win, the real victory was getting his guys to play/compete with relentless d most of the game (with the exception of some battered syndrome passivity in the last 6 minutes) like their hair wuz on fire or something..mad dog is slowing changing the dna of the cal men's basketball program which has been way too fragile during the past 6 years

limiting ucla at pauley pavilion to only 57 points (and out rebounding them by 10 boards) is a REMARKABLE achievement & conclusive proof that when this team defends that they got significant upside

and yeah jaylon is a big time baller who is both mentally & physically tough who got some shooter bounces tonite for buckets

defense wins college basketball games#
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Quote:

Shocky - looks like Georgetown athletics is listening to your advice. When will Cal's?

econ, knowlton & markeisha are in lock step agreement that until cal men's basketball average attendance dips under 1,200 per game (most games this season have been in the 2,500 range) they are not even gonna consider offering FREE tixs to ALL students for basketball & football games...their obstinate belief is that more students on gamedays might create at UNFAIR advantage for the bears at a much louder/energized haas pavilion & memorial stadium plus there's a good chance that building a pipeline to future season tix holders/donors would create more ******* work for them (and who needs that ****?)

the reality is that worthless bureaucrats know how to set really LOW attendance metrics & then brag in knowlton notes that the student section at memorial stadium is "sold out" which is kinda disingenuous when there are 25,000+ empty unsold seats

markeisha (handpicked by the con artist) is 100% not qualified for the role of marketing the cal revenue sports programs (the fun women's basketball team had a couple of hundred fans in attendance at a recent game), she recently took a weeklong continuing education class in tarp seating management...it will be a beautiful day when she's reassigned to 8 am to 5 pm 5 days a week parking enforcement duties on the berkeley campus

richard lyons for chancellor & andrew mcgraw for athletic director in 2024!!!#
Shocky1
^ my moms (a berkeley grad) wuz poor as **** from a 2nd generation immigrant family growing up in san francisco, she never went to any sporting events during college because they never had a single disposable dollar so she did fun FREE things like walking on ocean beach with the family doggy

fast forward to now, berkeley got a record number of 1st generation college students from socioeconomicly disadvantaged families (which shocky 100% supports, the redistribution of wealth in the united states thru elite educational opportunities to build generational wealth vs governmental handouts) that CANNOT afford the current $150 annual student pass (that's a middle class+ luxury)

yeah stupid people make stupid decisions

love you, moms#
stu
Shocky1 said:

markeisha (handpicked by the con artist) is 100% not qualified for the role of marketing the cal revenue sports programs (the fun women's basketball team had a couple of hundred fans in attendance at a recent game), she recently took a weeklong continuing education class in tarp seating management...it will be a beautiful day when she's reassigned to 8 am to 5 pm 5 days a week parking enforcement duties on the berkeley campus
Make sure those parking enforcement hours don't coincide with game times.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CyHG9GnSCVG
cal basketball's insider these day 4th gen bear introduced me at the oregon state football game to talented high upside walk on 6'10" 215 lbs (tole me his ideal weight would be low 220s) gus larson from new canaan connecticut...dude wuz wearing swim trunks to a nor cal fall evening football game, he tole with a laugh that he's not missing eastcoastie weather

the ivy league transfer is not a dumb azz, he got a 4.0 gpa in high school & a 3.1 gpa at penn

his wingman jalen cone tole me he's got 3 point shooting range & gus tole me he's got the green light on the perimeter from coach madsen

where's mystic pizza & fishers island (ferry ride from new london)?#

(left to right) jaylon "**** u up" tyson, rodney "not quite all grown up" brown, jalen "ice in his veins" cone, keonte "can't get a date" kennedy, jalen "smooth operator" celestine & gus "lockdown d" larson

colorado's venice beach power lifter eddie lampkin wuz heading for 40+ points until lean & smart as **** quick twitch high basketball iq defender gus larson ruined those plans for the buffs, no amount of rogaine wuz gonna save tad boyle at that point from an epic bears come from behind victory

and yeah jaylon tyson is a scary azz bad man

this is cal basketball (defense wins college basketball games)#
HoopDreams
Shocky1 said:

and yeah jaylon tyson is a scary azz bad man

this is cal basketball (defense wins college basketball games)#
Last man we've seen in Haas with this much explosiveness ...

HoopDreams
Jaylon
Jaylen
Jabari
Jorge
Jerome
Jason

Are there any basketball players named John, Jimmy, Jordan or Jack we can recruit???

Shocky1
^ watch closely the cal bench in the above video of the tyson dunk, u can tell who is emotionally invested in the TEAM & whose a casual spectator (golf clap)

unguarded moments#
Shocky1

gus larson shout out (defense wins college basketball games)#
Shocky1
the phoenix sun scouting report on jaylon tyson is that he's on the "watch list" but that he lacks a nba handle at this time, tyson leads the bears with 53 turnovers...casual fans think scoring points will get you paid in the nba, that's not how it works & that's why colorado's cody williams might be the #1 pick in the 2024 nba draft

the nba offensively is a 1 on 1 game, jaylon's ball skillz ("loose handle") need to continue to significantly improve to even get drafted someday but those thinking he's a 1st round nba draft choice at this time r probably not aware of the metrics utilized & skillsets coveted by nba organizations
harebear
calumnus said:

socaltownie said:

Shocky1 said:

bearister said:

Gkhoury2325 said:

Tedford brought his kids in as PWOs. Just go with the fiction. I'm sure Martin's son played enough hoops to be a reserve for practice scrimmages and perform team manager type functions.

And the younger McClure also got in. I don't think a 3.8 from a Reno private HS would normally suffice.
Shocky1
shocky is a big fan of coach madsen's 4 wideouts inbound formation which significantly reduces the ability of opponents to double team & trap the inbound pass

berkeley is a leader in innovation#
HoopDreams
Cal lost a hard fought game vs the Quacks in Eugene. Tyson had his sixth 20 point game against Pac12 opponents. Aimaq had his maybe his best overall game offensively and defensively (18 efficient points, 9 rebounds ... held Oregon's front line to 4-13 shooting (and 7 foot center Dante to only 2 boards)

This is the last time we will play the Ducks on their ugly court in a VERY LONG time.
We will always have this...

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

my moms (a berkeley grad) wuz poor as **** from a 2nd generation immigrant family growing up in san francisco, she never went to any sporting events during college because they never had a single disposable dollar so she did fun FREE things like walking on ocean beach with the family doggy

fast forward to now, berkeley got a record number of 1st generation college students from socioeconomicly disadvantaged families (which shocky 100% supports, the redistribution of wealth in the united states thru elite educational opportunities to build generational wealth vs governmental handouts) that CANNOT afford the current $150 annual student pass (that's a middle class+ luxury)

yeah stupid people make stupid decisions

love you, moms#
Quote:

free tix and free food! you guys better show up!

outstanding development in building energy & the roar at haas along with laying pipe for a future pipeline of future season tix holders & mega donors

and so with that being said, this is 100% due to coach madsen LOBBYING for the FREE tixs, markeisha & knowlton had to be pressured to make this happen

mark madsen gets it, luv this guy

so the big questions on a go forward basis are will the FREE basketball tixs be extended for the rest of the season (the final 4 games after the upcoming 3 FREE games) & the 2024/25 season?

and when will coach wilcox make similar LOBBYING efforts on behalf of cal football for the inaugural 2024 acc season?...fully expecting andrew mcgraw to lead the marketing efforts to get this done...cap

not gonna lie, this cal's monster class foto still gives me chills & kinda even makes me mist up

yeah stormin' the floor is FUN!!!

the magic of cal basketball needs to be inclusive (of those that r poor as **** students that will be building generational wealth in the future)#
Shocky1
hopefully a significant number of the cal students that attended tonite's exciting basketball game against washington at haas pavilion via the FREE tixs for all students screamed their azzs off & are on the path to a potential lifelong love affair with cal basketball

the magic of cal basketball (is apparent to those with fuschia socks)#
Shocky1

wyking jones (born & raised in inglewood) wuz married to estrella (born & raised in berkeley) whose sister dr na'ilah suad nasir who in her role as uc berkeley's vice chancellor for equity and inclusion successfully lobbied a clueless mike williams (no relationships with any basketball sources nationwide) to hire him as cal's next head basketball coach after cuonzo martin

the nasty allegations against jones in the divorce proceedings are beyond breaking bad & will not be repeated here as will the reasons he's leaving the washington basketball program in mid season

and so with that being said, the narrative that wyking is "a good guy but too inexperienced to be a successful head coach" is 100% false...jones wuz on rick pitino's staff when louisville wuz caught recruiting with a mother & underage daughter prostituting themselves to cardinals basketball recruits on official visits

cal's monster class wuz critical of jones not returning phone calls to prospects which resulted in the las vegas stars blackballing him which cost the bears 3.8 gpa duke transfer & mcdonalds all american center chase jeter (family values education, moms a school teacher) which would've allowed my friend & fellow mcdonalds's all america ivan rabb to slide from the 5 to his better suited 4...when a confidential email of mine outlining my concerns wuz given to wyking without my consent this resulted in jones warning that any member of the basketball coaching & support staff that continued to communicate with me as wuz the case during the coach montgomery & coach martin eras would be fired on the spot

yeah jones wuz the catalyst for the termination of cal's monster class which wuz the most read thread in the history of college basketball fan message boards

that wuz the end of shocky's love letter to cal basketball as he turned his passionate romance to them maricopa county rescue doggy dogs who luv being kissed by him & vice versa...true love always finds a home, don't be such a drama queen shocky

https://instagr.am/p/C2N7hxaslPC

who rescued who?#
Shocky1
^ shocky considered a potential return as a floor seat donor after the high energy mark madsen wuz hired & sent friendly emails as maddog put together his team to every new basketball assistant coach & support staffer offering to assist in any way possible with their endeavors...literally every one of my emails wuz ignored (with not even a one word "thx") except for matt scherbenske who wuz on monty's staff back in the day & is by far the most effective current recruiter

and so with that being said there's zero chance my yoga buddy jaylen brown is ever gonna support cal basketball in any meaningful way until the monster returns too
Shocky1

fun fact: doug goldman (berkeley's largest donor family, levi strauss haas legacy, the key to fundraising for a basketball practice facility) sat midcourt at thursday's game with chancellor finalist richard lyons...based upon my conversation with doug at the game i attended during the preseason it does not seem likely a lead donation will happen until james arthur knowlton is gone which wuz hopefully also directly communicated to lyons

the haas of pain (thrives on student noise & energy)#
Shocky1

(left to right, back row then front row) keonte "pac 12 defensive mvp" kennedy, gus "mystic pizza defender" larson, mark "the motivator" madsen, fardaws "14 boards & 3 assists" aimaq, jaylon "pac 12 mvp" tyson, jalen "national republican party chairman" cone & jalen "9 boards" celestine

this FUN team is slowly building the resilient dna of its head coach, earlier this season the body language wuz candy azz broken down sorry azz battered syndrome soft...now thru the ******* relentless leadership of MAN among boyz jaylon tyson this team is finally finding a way to win close games

look, working ur azz off doing the hard work in the classrooms of the #1 ranked public university in the world & winning basketball games are not mutually exclusive goals...a berkeley degree helps u build generational wealth so u can spend more time in the bahamas with palm trees & wild piglets with those that u luv

https://instagr.am/p/C1iE5XJPfsb
https://instagr.am/p/CsukIi2tyZo
hopefully berkeley students (expecting a full turnout from the bears football team in arms with their brahs along with the drill team bearettes) are gonna turn out with their high gpa classmates & FREE tixs for next friday's BIG GAME at haas pavilion at 7:00 pm, yeah it's gonna be midnite city after everybody on planet earth STORMS THE FLOOR!!!

https://instagr.am/p/Cs1ZDYzPmFQ
the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that luv islands, palm trees & doggy dogs)
HoopDreams
Great win over a streaking WSU team

HoopDreams

HoopDreams
Pac12 rebounding leader

HoopDreams
With the students back and the Cal free tix and free food we had the best student turnout of the season. The sideline bench was packed and the overflow section was full, plus there were many students sitting in other sections around the arena.

With Stanford coming to town this Friday at 7pm (Gold Out) let's show the team that we can bring it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.