Warriors 2019 playoff thread

100,689 Views | 1110 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by philbert
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ducky23 said:

The interesting thing about tonight's game is that (whether the raptors realize it or not) it's basically a must win game for the raptors.

Right now the dubs are -270 (which is about 73%).

If they go up 2-1 with KD most likely coming back for game 4, then it's at least 90% probability (probably higher).

I know most people will probably disagree it's a must win game for the raptors, but Vegas numbers don't lie.
You are a lot more confident KD will play for the warriors again than I am. He could miss the entire series.

And if Klay struggles to return in fine form, the series is a toss up.
Look, the raptors have had double digit leads in both games. I wouldn't count them out by any stretch.
concordtom
cal83dls79 said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

Goodbye, Oracle: Longtime Arena workers reflect on Oakland's final Warriors farewell

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2019/06/04/goodbye-oracle-longtime-arena-workers-reflect-on-oaklands-final-warriors-farewell/amp/
My brother invited me to go to Monday's "watch party" at Oracle for the game5 in Toronto. He has 4 tix.
What do you think?
go by all means. Have fun and report back your insights
I think I will go. I haven't been there in a really long time .
I just think my sofa with 65 inch screen and no distractions is a pretty good place to take in the game. Careening my neck to watch a big screen with 10,000 screaming fans.... like, it'll be interesting to see if the experience is worth it. Maybe the video screen and the amped volume will be better than when we paid $100 to watch Tyson knock out Michael Spinx in 60 seconds at the Patriot Center on George Mason campus. What a freaking joke that was.
Big screens have improved 100% since then.
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

ducky23 said:

GBear4Life said:

Well, Shaq's never been that bright.

I love how in the article, in his hypothetical pitch to klay, Shaq says "they can't pay you what we can pay you."

Well Shaq, that's actually the exact opposite of how nba free agency works, but...you know
His pitch seems to center around Klay being the highest paid Laker in history (out pacing Lebron's 4 yr contract by pennies), even though, as you noted, GS can and will offer him the maximum in both years and annual salary, and that somehow being the highest paid Laker (for a short period of time) is enticing to anybody who isn't stupid.

Klay's not going anywhere. We know this because he has been rather upfront about this.

What makes no sense is the media/pundit speculation on where other FAs are going. These players aren't disclosing where they're leaning to anybody who would "leak" this stuff. The media uses innuendo and comments from the locker room laundry boy to assert having insight into the FA intentions of players because it fuels their business.

Durant to NYK is great for Media, stars changing teams is great for media. It creates more foundation for stories eerrrrrr clicks for years to come. I wish they would just be honest and say "a source of mine has a hunch that so and so is going [..] and that makes sense to me." But it's always "a source of close to the situation says Durant to NYK is virtually a done deal" lmao these players don't broadcast their intentions.
What about the houses that people have been buying?
Kyrie bought in south Orange NJ.
KD also rumored to have bought a house in metro ny area.
Someone said Kawhi was buying an LA or Toronto pad, I can't recall which.
cal83dls79
concordtom said:

cal83dls79 said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

Goodbye, Oracle: Longtime Arena workers reflect on Oakland's final Warriors farewell

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2019/06/04/goodbye-oracle-longtime-arena-workers-reflect-on-oaklands-final-warriors-farewell/amp/
My brother invited me to go to Monday's "watch party" at Oracle for the game5 in Toronto. He has 4 tix.
What do you think?
I just think my sofa with 65 inch screen and no distractions is a pretty good place to take in the game. Careening my neck to watch a big screen with 10,000 screaming fans.... like, it'll be interesting to see if the experience is worth it. Maybe the video screen and the amped volume will be better than when we paid $100 to watch Tyson knock out Michael Spinx in 60 seconds at the Patriot Center on George Mason campus. What a freaking joke that was.

I agree with many points you make, but it sounds like this is a freebie. The whole viewing thing has always seemed odd but if I were single and it was "free" I'm thinking I'd be in. I was traveling one year and paid to get Into a bar in Atlanta only to watch Tyson bite off Evander's ear. Was well worth the investment and to experience with other boxing fans made it so memorable. Do it!
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
GMP
cal83dls79 said:

concordtom said:

cal83dls79 said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

What do you think?

I agree with many points you make, but it sounds like this is a freebie. The whole viewing thing has always seemed odd but if I were single and it was "free" I'm thinking I'd be in. I was traveling one year and paid to get Into a bar in Atlanta only to watch Tyson bite off Evander's ear. Was well worth the investment and to experience with other boxing fans made it so memorable. Do it!
It's not free. I think I read it was $40. Which, geeze. I hope parking is free at least.

In 2002, I went to a watch party at ARCO Arena for the infamous Game 6 WCF, Kings vs Lakers. It cost $10, which I thought was ludicrous. They did not sell beer, as I recall. The video was crappy and the audio was worse. I would never do that again. Certainly not for $40 at Oracle.

Edit: $25/ticket, $20/parking.
cal83dls79
GMP said:

cal83dls79 said:

concordtom said:

cal83dls79 said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

What do you think?

It's not free. I think I read it was $40. Which, geeze. I hope parking is free at least.

In 2002, I went to a watch party at ARCO Arena for the infamous Game 6 WCF, Kings vs Lakers. It cost $10, which I thought was ludicrous. They did not sell beer, as I recall. The video was crappy and the audio was worse. I would never do that again. Certainly not for $40 at Oracle.

Edit: $25/ticket, $20/parking.
well his brother had the tickets as I read it so entrance is "free", next hurdle is alcohol and parking . Park outside the stadium on San Leandro, it's a 2 min walk. Sneak in booze, we all know that game.
okaydo
concordtom
okaydo said:

That's hilarious. I love it!!!
Great raptors PR.
okaydo
concordtom said:

okaydo said:

Great raptors PR.

concordtom
What's the latest?
I hear Klay is active, wants to play, but team wants him to sit.

Starting lineup?
concordtom
okaydo said:

concordtom said:

okaydo said:

Great raptors PR.

This one is a good omen, because they've gone across the wrong bridge. They are lost. The warriors don't play in SF until next year.
concordtom
Shams Charania
[url=https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor][/url]
[url=https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor][/url]
Sources: Klay Thompson (hamstring) will not play in Game 3 of NBA Finals.
1 minute ago
concordtom
#Warriors confirmed starting lineup goo.gl/5UVC4m #nbalineups #nbastartinglineup @RotoBaller

PG- Curry
SG- Livingston
SF- Iguodala
PF- Green
C- Cousins
concordtom
#Raptors confirmed starting lineup goo.gl/5UVC4m #nbalineups #nbastartinglineup @RotoBaller

PG- Lowry
SG- Green
SF- Leonard
PF- Siakam
C- Gasol
concordtom
Who are these guitarists doing the national anthem?
I like.

Metallica?

Maybe they will light a fire after!

GMP
concordtom said:

okaydo said:

Great raptors PR.

Is it? In that one they're heading the wrong way across the Bay Bridge, into SF. In the other they're on the wrong bridge.
concordtom
Hey, you're right.
Maybe they are heading back to their hotel.
concordtom
Curry is launching a lot of shots.
I said it somewhere before. This game could be over by halftime, at which time they might just shut Curry down and rest him.
concordtom
And I'll say this again, too.

If curry goes for 30+ and they W's win, curry goes down as an all-time performances.
Like magic as Center in '80 when big fella was out.
concordtom
Kawhi travelled on that dunk and-1.
That's a sign of his injury, couldn't just rise up.
concordtom
The non-call on the curry carry before the bomb 3 was a makeup call I'll accept.

Watch out for Danny green. He has a terrific finals 3fg%, and already hit 3 in first qtr.
We don't want him getting hot.
concordtom
Draymond green 0-3 from distance..
Danny green 3-4 from distance.
concordtom
Toronto has 4 guys with 8 or more.
Warriors curry has 17, then cousins has 4. No balance.
concordtom
Very poor off ball movement by warriors subs.
No surprise.
concordtom
Toronto shooting 58%, 40%, 100%
concordtom
Cousins deserved that bucket that Kawhi blocked off the glass. Goal tending.
But maybe a slight makeup call as Draymond had his heel in the restricted zone on the Kawhi layup/charge.
concordtom
concordtom said:

Toronto shooting 58%, 40%, 100%
You've heard of shooting 50/40/90.
How about 60/50/100?
concordtom
Where's Eric McDonough when you need him?
concordtom
Looks like curry hurt his hand on that layup foul fall.
He's been grasping it.
concordtom
What the hell is the matter with Toronto?
They should have buried the warriors, but they clicked off.

8 point gap at half.
Curry has 25. He's gonna score 40, and if they win, it goes down in history, with the series over.
Jesus H Christ.
sycasey
concordtom said:

What the hell is the matter with Toronto?
They should have buried the warriors, but they clicked off.

8 point gap at half.
Curry has 25. He's gonna score 40, and if they win, it goes down in history, with the series over.
Jesus H Christ.

They should be up by more, just like in Game 2.
concordtom
If Toronto loses, they truly suck.
cal83dls79
concordtom said:

If Toronto loses, they truly suck.
i ageee. But we need stops and Boogs needs to show up
sycasey
Well, just too short handed tonight. Someone besides Curry needed to get hot and it didn't happen.
GMP
sycasey said:

Well, just too short handed tonight. Someone besides Curry needed to get hot and it didn't happen.

Disagree. Draymond, Cook, and Iguodala all hit some shots. The defense sucked - that's why they lost.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.