Impeachment #2 Thread

45,171 Views | 540 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Van der Nook is a joke.
He berates the House Managers and Lectures the Senators on the law.
He makes claims that are outright lies.
He restates what happened in this trial as if he wasn't present when it happened.

He needs a Club Med vacation on Southwest Air ("wanna get away") after all this is over.
concordtom
Will be interesting to see how Cassidy votes.
On the first vote as to constitutionality to having this trial, he voted YES because he thought the House Managers did a much better job than the Defense.

Well, that chasm only widened in the closing arguments.
If he votes to acquit, that just speaks to the inner pressures of politics, as he was lambasted back home after his Yes vote.
Will they have gotten to him?

... This entire impeachment trial process is a joke. I think they should move it to some other forum, because this doesn't work.
Unit2Sucks
As predicted, the vast majority of the Republicans in the senate have rendered the impeachment clause illusory. At least 7 republicans can hold their heads high that they upheld their oath. Not quite sure how Burr could have voted that the trial was unconstitutional but that Trump should be convicted but that's the way it goes.

If you can't convict someone for inciting an insurrection to prevent the peaceful transfer of power, there is nothing that would ever result in one. Imagine the next accusation of a "high crime" and how it will pale in comparison to what Trump did. Richard Nixon should have his record cleansed because what he did is microscopic compared to this.
BearChemist
There the Constitution goes to the dumpster.
concordtom
Van der Lie accuses House Managers of "Manufacturing Evidence". Someone stomped two times on the floor rather than yell ITS A LIE like Mike Lee did.

This guy is amazing.
They need to kick Trump out simply for hiring such shotty lawyers to prepare such an important case.

BearChemist
concordtom said:

Van der Lie accuses House Managers of "Manufacturing Evidence". Someone stomped two times on the floor rather than yell ITS A LIE like Mike Lee did.

This guy is amazing.
They need to kick Trump out simply for hiring such shotty lawyers to prepare such an important case.

No, that is exactly the type of lawyers Trump likes.
BearChemist

Right after the vote Turtle attempts to find his moral high ground.
MinotStateBeav
How Impeachment Started:

How Impeachment Ended:
Unit2Sucks
Quote:

"It is a sad commentary on our times that one political party in America is given a free pass to denigrate the rule of law, defame law enforcement, cheer mobs, excuse rioters, and transform justice into a tool of political vengeance, and persecute, blacklist, cancel and suppress all people and viewpoints with whom or which they disagree. I always have, and always will, be a champion for the unwavering rule of law, the heroes of law enforcement, and the right of Americans to peacefully and honorably debate the issues of the day without malice and without hate."

This might actually be a pretty accurate statement if it came from Biden. The fact that it came from Trump is some of his best projection and hilariously false.
sycasey
Honestly, that was more Republican votes than I expected.
Big C
sycasey said:

Yeah, I think this is slightly better than one of Cal Football or Basketball's famous "moral victories".

The 43 Republican Senators will forever have this vote on their record. Who knows, they may at some point regret it.

I wonder if McConnell spent this week fishing around to see if there might've been nine more Republicans who could've voted to convict. He could've been the 67th vote, but he wasn't about to be the 58th.
going4roses
Amerikkka nothing has changed .

Waste of time
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
JeffBear07
Big C said:

sycasey said:

I wonder if McConnell spent this week fishing around to see if there might've been nine more Republicans who could've voted to convict. He could've been the 67th vote, but he wasn't about to be the 58th.
This exactly. I too figure that McConnell actually wants to convict but doesn't have the balls to be a throwaway vote. I had always assumed that McConnell has at least half the Republican senators under his thumb - basically any senator from one of the ruby red states whom you would never hear about unless you follow politics closely. Probably still true generally for anything legislation-related, but geesh the Republican conference must be absolutely cowering at the prospect of primaries from their QOP wing.
concordtom
Listening to McConnell's speech after the vote. My God, WHY didn't the House Managers make him be the LEAD MANAGERS?

It seems that he voted Not Guilty ONLY to save his party the embarrassment of booting their President, to save all the elected members who have stood up for him for years the shame.

I hope all the newspapers post McConnell's speech as their lead on the front page.

McConnell says: GUILTY

This is a speech worth printing and plastering the transcript of.
Any person you come into contact with who tries to say Trump is innocent, just hand them a copy of McConnell's choice words.
chazzed
sycasey said:

Yes, and it is both disgraceful and encouraging at the same time.

sycasey
Big C said:

sycasey said:

Yeah, I think this is slightly better than one of Cal Football or Basketball's famous "moral victories".

The 43 Republican Senators will forever have this vote on their record. Who knows, they may at some point regret it.

Yeah, pretty much.

This wasn't quite Aaron Rodgers against USC in 2004, maybe closer to the hard fought Washington game in 1991. We weren't that close to winning, but it was good show.
concordtom
McConnell says there is no power to convict a private citizen.
Yet, he slowed the game down to force that.
Continuation of his scumhood.
concordtom
BearChemist said:

concordtom said:

This guy is amazing.

No, that is exactly the type of lawyers Trump likes.
Of course, but the senate should punish him - that was my point.

"Get the F out of my house with your lies"
concordtom
going4roses said:

Waste of time
RepubliKKKan Party.
concordtom
McConnell: Impeachment never meant to be the "final forum" for justice.

Sounds like he wants "the ordinary tribunals of justice" to go after him. Goes out of his way to say that Trump hasn't gotten away with anything.

He's just passing the buck so he can protect his corrupt party.
concordtom
I wonder what FOX is going to say after McConnell's speech.
Anyone?
dajo9
McConnell's vote was a dereliction of duty
American Vermin
going4roses
concordtom said:

going4roses said:

Waste of time
RepubliKKKan Party.

BearForce2
BearForce2 said:

Be afraid, be very afraid, LOL!

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Big C
dajo9 said:

You mean... MkKKonnell?
concordtom
Big C said:

dajo9 said:

You mean... MkKKonnell?

Alaska Lisa Murkowski
Louisiana Bill Cassidy
Maine Susan Collins
Nebraska Ben Sasse
North Carolina Richard Burr
Utah Mitt Romney
Pennsylvania Pat Toomey

======================================

Alabama RiKKKard Shelby
Alabama Tommy KKK-ville
Alaska Dan SuKKKivan
Arkansas John KKKoozman,
Arkansas Tom KKKotton
Florida MarKKKo Rubio
Florida Rick SKKKott
Idaho Mike KKKrapo
Indiana Senator Todd YouKKK
Indiana MiKKKe Braun,
Iowa ChuckKK Grassley
Iowa Joni KKKErnst,
Kansas JerKKKy Moran,
Kansas KKKoger Marshall
Kentucky Mitch MKKKonnell
Kentucky RanKKK Paul,
Louisiana John Neely KKKennedy,
Mississippi Roger F. WickKKer
Mississippi KKKindy Hyde-Smith
Missouri Roy KKKunt,
Missouri Josh HawKKKley
Montana Steve KKKaines
Nebraska Deb FiKKKer,
North Carolina KKKom Tillis
North Dakota KKKohn Hoeven
North Dakota KKKevin KKKramer,
Ohio Rob PortKKKan
Oklahoma Jim InhoKKKe
Oklahoma James LankKKford
South Carolina LiKKKey Graham,
South Carolina Uncle T(o)m Scott,
South Dakota John KKKKune,
South Dakota MikKKe Rounds
Tennessee Marsha BlackKKburn,
Tennessee Sen. Bill HaKKKerty
Texas John KKKornyn
Texas Ted KKKruz
Utah MikKKe Lee,
West Virginia Shelley Moore KKKapito
Wisconsin RoKKK Johnson,
Wyoming John BarraKKKo
Wyoming KKKynthia Lummis
concordtom
dajo9 said:

Impeachment!
Jail!
AunBear89
I don't think anyone has said that guy led anything. But you nitwit cons can keep making shyte up if it helps you look yourself in the mirror.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
MinotStateBeav
Dems: WE WANT WITNESSES!!!!
Repubs: Okay, we'll call in Nancy Pelosi first under oath.
Dems: Okay I think we have heard enough, lets put this trial to a vote.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

OR
you could listen to what Raskin, and team, said about "no witnesses".

And McConnell basically proved their point in his post-vote Senate Floor speech: that the House Managers overwhelmingly proved their case but the Republicans were never going to vote to convict based upon McConnell's self-created strategy where the trial couldn't happen while Trump was President.

Basically, McConnell created an escape clause for Trump, and they galloped that home in order to save the party from shame.

You can continue to stick your head in the ground along with the rest of the crazy Deplorables.

McConnell and Trump's lawyers suggested the Courts be the ones who can convict private citizen Trump.
I'm sure we'll hear you back here claiming Dems are radical should that case hit a docket.

Gee, let's see who is radical here:

MinotStateBeav
concordtom said:

MinotStateBeav said:

OR
you could listen to what Raskin, and team, said about "no witnesses".

And McConnell basically proved their point in his post-vote Senate Floor speech: that the House Managers overwhelmingly proved their case but the Republicans were never going to vote to convict based upon McConnell's self-created strategy where the trial couldn't happen while Trump was President.

Basically, McConnell created an escape clause for Trump, and they galloped that home in order to save the party from shame.

You can continue to stick your head in the ground along with the rest of the crazy Deplorables.

McConnell and Trump's lawyers suggested the Courts be the ones who can convict private citizen Trump.
I'm sure we'll hear you back here claiming Dems are radical should that case hit a docket.

Gee, let's see who is radical here:

I understand this is a difficult day for you.
dajo9

American Vermin
AunBear89
Actually, you don't seem to understand anything at all. I hope the people who love you keep sharp objects out of your reach.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.