Impeachment #2 Thread

45,161 Views | 540 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
calbear93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OaktownBear said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

Good added points.

All I know is, he's a cancer and needs to go away. He offers nothing fresh and positive and creative as to solutions for America.
He is only about his id. He's a very sick man.
Agree with that completely. Glad we kicked him out of the White House and hope he loses interest and looks for the next shiny con outside of government.

I agree as well. However, we can't respond to Trump by adopting an any means necessary approach or we become like him. In 20 years Trump will be dead or too old to be relevant. I want him brought to justice by any legal means. I do not want us to add to the damage to the republic on his account.

I want him convicted in the Senate and the Senate to follow up with a ban on holding future office. That is the right way to do things. The fact that Republicans won't do their duty does not mean we bypass the process. I think it is extremely unlikely that the Supreme Court would agree that the 14th Amendment intended to give Congress the right to just declare someone guilty of insurrection on a straight majority vote and take away their right to run for office. There is a clear process for impeachment. If they intended to give that power they would have set out a process for it. IMO, they either need to convict based on this impeachment or he needs to be convicted in criminal court of an insurrection charge. And I repeat that I do not want the Congress to have unilateral authority under a straight majority vote to take away the right of an opposing party candidate's right to run for office. It should be difficult.

The good news is that the constitution makes it clear that double jeopardy does not attach to senate impeachment trial and Trump can be prosecuted in civili and criminal court even if, as expected, Trump is acquitted by the senate (only because they won't get 2/3 majority to convict).
concordtom
"NO JANUARY IMPEACHMENT EXCEPTION"
The opening video presentation by Raskin.

That was pretty compelling.

concordtom
calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

Good added points.

All I know is, he's a cancer and needs to go away. He offers nothing fresh and positive and creative as to solutions for America.
Agree with that completely. Glad we kicked him out of the White House and hope he loses interest and looks for the next shiny con outside of government.
No way he runs again.
He's looking forward to collecting fees for speeches, books, new deals.
The only thing he is accomplishing is continuing to keep his name relevant, and the Republicans that go along with him (90% of them) are COMPLETELY spineless.
The party leadership is absolutely horrible.
Their best leader is a brand new congressman from Illinois:

concordtom
Prediction:

The republicans will stick a finger up in the air and test public opinion to guide them on whether to impeach or not.
They won't use their legal backgrounds, or their own rationality. They will merely use some poll to tell them what to do. Very weak.
I have ZERO respect for those leaders who are sitting through all this and disallowing it to touch them one bit.
"zzzzzz - what's the poll say?"
concordtom
As I've said many times, I will NEVER vote for any person who supports Trump.
dajo9
concordtom said:

calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

Good added points.

No way he runs again.
He's looking forward to collecting fees for speeches, books, new deals.
The only thing he is accomplishing is continuing to keep his name relevant, and the Republicans that go along with him (90% of them) are COMPLETELY spineless.
The party leadership is absolutely horrible.
Their best leader is a brand new congressman from Illinois:

He will run again. There is too much easy money in it for him.
American Vermin
concordtom
dajo9 said:

He will run again. There is too much easy money in it for him.
I think he'll discover that there is more and easier money to be made in selling hotels, books and salami to foreigners.
He won't want to lose in the primary, and there is an excellent chance that happens.
And even if he wins the primary, 81 Million people will be reinvigorated to mobilize again. Heck, the % of Republicans who don't vote for him in the primary could add to Biden's 81M total.

Trump is finished as an active politician! That is why Jan 6 was a very good day in America.
Georgia, and the Mob = Trump's ultimate and final destruction.

bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
AunBear89
bearister said:

IOIYAR
concordtom
OMG: this first GOP speaker/lawyer is going to get panned.
He's trying to stroke their egos by saying they are special, not ordinary, men. They are the specially selected people from their hometowns, and those people from home are expecting them to represent them. And just told them they have an obligation to be "partisan". Wow. Did I hear that right?

Translation: rise above logic and do what Bobby Joe wants, (whether right or wrong).
concordtom
Now he's talking about historical political bodies that have failed around the world - they've always failed because of fighting from within.

Translation: don't break from the party mantra.
concordtom
Another point: The democrat congressperson who said she should go back and reconsider or take back some negative things she said before.
He argues - "NO - free speech! She should be able to say anything she wants.

Well, that's easy to shut down. No, political leaders SHOULD NOT be able to say whatever they want, and that is is exactly what is on trial here, because the repercussions can be severe, as we say in the opening video of radical violence whipped up, encouraged, and instructed by Trump's speeches.

It shows that this fellow has only recently been hired and is not well prepared.
bearister
oskidunker
Turned this guy off. So far he has said nothing of value.
Go Bears!
calbear93
concordtom said:

He's trying to stroke their egos by saying they are special, not ordinary, men. They are the specially selected people from their hometowns, and those people from home are expecting them to represent them. And just told them they have an obligation to be "partisan". Wow. Did I hear that right?

Translation: rise above logic and do what Bobby Joe wants, (whether right or wrong).
Listening to the House managers presenting their case made me wish I had been a litigator. Crisp, direct and emotional opening. Raskin is talented.
concordtom
Now he's attacking Ben Sasse of Nebraska for going against what his people back home think - as evidenced by the stupid small time Nebraska Republican party officials who censured him.

Wow.

If I'm Ben Sasse, I go to war on the Trumpist GOP. Seriously.

And who else is going to decide the same. Push comes to shove? I'll F you up.
This punk lawyer, last minute 2-bit is trying to threaten the Sasse's of the Senate. That's very ballsy.

Other GOP Senators are listening to this and need to take the whip out of this guy's hand by voting Trump down, otherwise they place themselves under his/Trump's heel.

concordtom
calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

Listening to the House managers presenting their case made me wish I had been a litigator. Crisp, direct and emotional opening. Raskin is talented.
Great personal/emotional close, as well. Personally touched the people in the room through their relationships. Even tears.

Compare Raskin to this clown. Jesus.
bearister

concordtom
calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

I thought the 2020 House Managers did a very good job as well.
It's actually been a great opportunity to boost the stature/name recognition of so many Democrats.
Grow and increase the stable.

Meanwhile, the people on the Republican side who get this prime time are just outside lawyers who will disappear into society.

Maybe 10 or 20 years from now some of these Dem names could win important elections because of these hearings.

Of course, Republicans will counter this statement by saying Dems used the impeachment SOLELY for this purpose. What a joke.

The Republican party is so so lost as they follow their clown of a leader.
concordtom
oskidunker said:

Turned this guy off. So far he has said nothing of value.
Why it's a good time to post commentary. Cause I'm not missing anything.
concordtom
bearister said:

HA HA HA HA.

I was just thinking some of these same things.
Thanks for posting!
Filibuster.
Fire him mid-sentence.

Where's the one that says - "he didn't study all week, and was out drinking at the frat party last night"?
concordtom
Finally stepping down, he says,
"Mr Shoen, are you ready?" "Now that I've taken up all of his time"

My responses:
-no, he's not ready either (well, we'll see)
-yes, you did filibuster even your own team.
dajo9
Lol, Ice T is killing it

American Vermin
BearlyCareAnymore
bearister said:

Trump's next impeachment defense attorney:

sycasey
OaktownBear said:

bearister said:

That was the hardest I've laughed in a long time.
concordtom
Raskin shows a video showing Trump calling to march to the capitol and fight, and a mob breaking into the place and causing death.

Shoen shows a video showing a bunch of Democrats calling, repeatedly, for his impeachment.

No comparison.
Weak.

dajo9
OaktownBear said:

bearister said:

I could watch that all day
American Vermin
concordtom
dajo9 said:

Huh? What?
I thought he WAS a public defender!
concordtom
sycasey said:

OaktownBear said:

That was the hardest I've laughed in a long time.
HA HA HA
Today is good for a lot of laughs.
Keep 'em coming!
concordtom
After this is over, I'm going to look to something like The Young Turks rather than Fox or CNN.
And the Late Night shows should have a field day with it.
Those writers are no doubt hard at work. I think they should use the cat video for a clip.
concordtom
Trump got an idea for his defense team from Roger Goodell.

Goodell: "So, we decided, rather than paying millions of dollars for halftime acts, we put it out to bid where THEY pay US! So, we've got some guy called The Weekend doing the show, and we're collecting $7M!!"

Trump: "You don't say? Brilliant!"

Unfortunately, The Donald only had 2 bids submitted. No word on what monies were agreed upon.
concordtom
For the prosecution:
1 asian
1 latino
2 blacks
3 women
3 white men, 1 of which is jewish

For the defense:
2 poorly prepared white men:

concordtom
Is anyone following anything this guy is saying?
This is how I used to take tests in high school. Just write as much stuff down on the paper as fast as possible - even though I usually had no idea what I was talking about.
(again, unlike you guys, I didn't go to Cal, so I know well what this guy is up to, better than you.)
concordtom
He got a chuckle from the gallery for saying the Chief Justice cannot be "fair and impartial", turning around to offer, "with all due respect".
No doubt the gallery is moaning and groaning at this fast talking rambling gobblygook. Nobody can follow what he's saying, much less consider it in reflection.

Slow down, buddy. It's not a race.
(He's merely reading, speed reading, not "communicating".)
bearister
David Schoen Is helicopter water bottling like tRump and Little Marco on meth:

He is drinking water faster than the witness on the episode of Your Honor last night.

Perhaps this is an acting out of the adage, "Liar, liar tongue on fire"....or do we go to George Thorogood for guidance:

"You know when your mouth a-getting dry
You're plenty high."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.