LOCK HIM UP !!!

49,625 Views | 782 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by concordtom
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump has just walked into the court building in lower Manhattan and is now officially UNDER ARREST.

He is now an arrested felon.
He now has a rap sheet.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Unit2Sucks
This.

Also, this. We don't have to pretend like bad faith attempts by GOPers to defend criminal behavior are anything other than what they are.

movielover
DiabloWags
Hahaahahahhaaaaaaa!

Keep reaching son.

Nice try.

bearister
"Driving the news: The intensifying classified documents probe, led by special counsel Jack Smith, has uncovered significant new evidence that Trump may have obstructed justice as the government attempted to retrieve top-secret records from Mar-a-Lago, the Washington Post reports.

Investigators suspect that Trump personally examined some of the boxes containing classified material apparently out of a desire to keep certain documents after receiving a grand jury subpoena demanding they be returned.

Trump's valet testified that the former president then ordered him to move the boxes an account corroborated by surveillance footage."

Trump's bigger legal danger

https://www.axios.com/2023/04/04/trump-indictment-stormy-daniels-classified-documents
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
movielover said:

What is your point ? Take away ?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
bearister
DiabloWags
It's terribly comical watching a Trump supporter here that most likely has posters of the Orange Man hanging on his bedroom wall, having to go deeper into his list of black people who hate black people to trot out for a pointless defense of Trump.

LMFAO!
bearister
The most consequential politics story in the US isn't the Trump arraignment

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/04/robert-reich-opinion-wisconsin-politics?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
DiabloWags
Just saw the Orange Man walking through a door in the hallway of the court building on CNN.

He did not look happy.
He looked extremely somber with a hollow "scowl" on his face.

No one is above the LAW.
No one.

Welcome to our criminal justice system Mr. Trump!

concordtom
Trump flashes the black power sign.
Because he's still trying to court the black vote.

Oh, wait, no…. He's using it to show everyone that he's oppressed.

"Anyone and everyone who ever felt oppressed, side with me. I'm one of you.

If you raped a woman in a department store dressing room, I'm one of you.

If you stole classified documents and hid them from the government, I'm one of you.

If you paid off multiple bimbos with hush money, I'm one of you.

If you misstated your assets on both bank records (over) and taxes (under) I'm one of you.

If you tried to coerce state elections officials, I'm one of you.

If you staged a riot that broke into the US Capitol Building, I'm one of you.

If you cheated on every one of your 3 wives, I'm one of you.

We are the oppressed.
Vote for me - and we will ALL once again cheat on our wives, on our taxes, we will cheat the banks and bankrupt our investors, we will have sex with bimbos in private once again, and we will fix elections and steal documents and rape women wherever we find them. We will grab their ******* and start kissing them, because we just can't help ourselves.

We are the oppressed, and I am your vindication and your retribution!!"

concordtom
In keeping with this thread's title, he IS currently Locked Up!!!

WalterSobchak
bearister said:

The most consequential politics story in the US isn't the Trump arraignment

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/apr/04/robert-reich-opinion-wisconsin-politics?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
WOMEN OF WISCONSIN: Get ready to vote
Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
concordtom

Nothing happening on CNN.
But lots of kooky stuff on Twitter.
bearister

When you have Ken doll sized mittens, this is not a good look. He looks like the victim of a machete attack. I suppose his handlers are reluctant to point that out.
DiabloWags
Trump looks like any other defendant in s courtroom.
But his lips are pursed and his eyes are terribly small and beedy.

He's terribly PISSED OFF cause he has NO CONTROL.

How does it feel Donny?

DiabloWags
Arraignments are usually over in 5 minutes.
This proceeding is taking FOREVER!

Is it because the Judge was admonishing The Donald for his threats to the DA and Judge and making statements that would incite violence . . . or was it simply because the Court was awaiting the indictment to be unsealed?

The Judge wanted the Trump rhetoric to be tamped down.

Hopefully, we will get some info on this.

DiabloWags
Trump released on his own recognizance.
No longer in custody.

Motorcade heading to LaGuardia for his trip back to Mar-a-Lago.

Cant wait for this Clown to start yapping.

"Anything said, can, and will be used against you in a Court of Law"

DiabloWags

The "Statement of Fact" of the indictment filed by the District Attorney's office speaks about "orchestrating a scheme" to enhance the candidate's electoral prospects.. - - - For example, the "catch and kill" scheme.

This is "more" than just falsely filing business expenses which is a misdemeanor.

Crimes being committed with the INTENTION (via false business records) in order to conceal damaging activity for a candidate's electoral prospects are the ones that bump this up from a misdemeanor to a felony if associated with another crime. - - - The Prosecution must show specific INTENT to break federal law and that Trump had knowledge of these schemes. This would appear to be a significant challenge in my mind given that there is an opening available to the defense team to create reasonable doubt. - - - It's something that I am sure that Trump's defense team will highlight in pre-trial motions for dismissal.

NY State Penal Code Section: 175.10

Interestingly enough, the indictment doesnt say what these "other" crimes specifically are or if/how DA Bragg has jurisdiction. Personally, I dont see how the NY State Statute is applicable or relevant to Federal Election Campaign Laws. I think that's a real big stretch. But then again, I'm not an attorney.

The indictment appears to be rather bare bones.
This could really backfire on DA Bragg and become "rocket-fuel" for Trump's Presidential Campaign.

movielover
DiabloWags said:

It's terribly comical watching a Trump supporter here that most likely has posters of the Orange Man hanging on his bedroom wall, having to go deeper into his list of black people who hate black people to trot out for a pointless defense of Trump.

LMFAO!

So typical that you believe only African Americans should be confined to voting only for the party of Jim Crow, segregation, slavery, George Wallace and the KKK.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

LMFAO!

So typical that you believe only African Americans should be confined to voting only for the party of Jim Crow, segregation, slavery, George Wallace and the KKK.

Sorry buddy, but I dont believe that Uncle Tom's like Candace Owens have any credibility.
She's on record as being terribly naive and just plain delusional, appearing on numerous conspiracy theory websites.

Her claim that the Southern Strategy employed by the GOP to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against Blacks was a "myth" and "never happened" is absurd.

Question: Do you agree with Owens that the Southern Strategy was a "myth" and "never happened" ?

Yes or No?

movielover
Techno Fog (attorney).

NYT: Donald Trump has been indicted
"Felony charges" still under still seal

"The indictment is an absolute scandal, the banana republic on parade, the prosecutor using the weapons of his office to attack his political opponent.

"Bragg and his predecessor's slow-walking of the investigation, with its inception by Manhattan DA goes back to 2019, evidences both the dubious nature of the case against Trump and the political motivations for prosecuting Trump. Theoretically, this should be a simple case. Yet the investigation went on for nearly five years, despite what they've possessed: overzealous prosecutors who wanted to charge Trump with racketeering, the cooperating witnesses, the likely millions of pages of materials from the Trump Organization.

"Now suddenly, the insanely pro-criminal Manhattan DA, who demanded his prosecutors reduce charges for violent criminals, is prioritizing law and order. It's hard to believe there are legitimate reasons for prosecutors, that means seeking justice for that transformation. Why bring the case now? It's the start of the 2024 presidential campaign season.

"You can't help but think of the political calculations that went on in Bragg's head. Not only does he benefit personally, now elevated to a liberal folk hero after being the prosecutor to finally get Trump (a campaign promise he keeps), but this throws a grenade into the Republican race. Will the GOP base rally to Trump? How will the other candidates respond?

"And what will this do for the undecideds and the independents and the swing voters those who are essential to victory in 2024?

"Some of those questions will be answered in the short term. Some of them won't be answered until election day, assuming Trump gets the GOP nod.

"That's because the case won't go away. It's illegitimate and political, but it's here to stay for the time being. Don't be surprised if the trial date is set for the first half of 2024. And don't understate the danger to Trump, who will face a jury of Biden voters. Biden won Manhattan 86.7% to 12.3% according to the New York Times. The jury of Trump's peers will be friendly to the prosecution. That's all the Manhattan DA might need to secure a conviction. Trump could very well win on appeal but the damage - which carries national repercussions - might already have been done.

"And that's the whole point of this dirty scheme."

Unit2Sucks
I wonder if any of our boiled onion brain friends were among the small handful of Trump supporters for their criminal idol?

This is hilarious and could be any of a handful of current or former posters.

concordtom
But of greater and more immediate importance, which way will unknown baby x vote?

Methinks s/he will not be voting for daddy.
"What an insult, I'm worth only $30,000?"

If daddy has setup baby x with a more valuable trust fund, how much if it has been funded by all the Dupes who send in their donations to him?

If I'm trump, I not only give a 1-time payment silencing baby x, but also annual payments to keep baby and mommy x silent, and then arrange for same annually for after the Donald's death. Each year silence continues, ever increasing payments continue.

I'm sure he didn't do that.
Therefore, one day, we'll find out.

movielover
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

LMFAO!

Sorry buddy, but I dont believe that Uncle Tom's like Candace Owens have any credibility.
She's on record as being terribly naive and just plain delusional, appearing on numerous conspiracy theory websites.

Her claim that the Southern Strategy employed by the GOP to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against Blacks was a "myth" and "never happened" is absurd.

Question: Do you agree with Owens that the Southern Strategy was a "myth" and "never happened" ?

Yes or No?

You double down on your pathology, asserting that highly intelligent African Americans can't leave the Democrat plantation or extremists like you will smear them with labels like Uncle Tom.

Same thing has been done to Clarence Thomas, Dr. Thomas Sowell, Dr. Walter Williams and Dr. Ben Carson. You're not in their league.

https://images.app.goo.gl/zLBN6z823bdewukn6

concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

It had been a long and stressful interview.
He had weathered many questions and answered them calmly.
But after enduring such relentlessness on the part of that young wippersnapper, confusion set in and it was time for grandpa to return home to take a nap.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

I wonder if any of our boiled onion brain friends were among the small handful of Trump supporters for their criminal idol?

Yesterday, I asked one of them who attended Minot State if he was flying back to NYC to protest and he deflected.
I then asked him if he had DONATED to Trump's legal defense fund . . . and he deflected again.

Shocker.
DiabloWags
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

Yes or No?

You double down on your pathology, asserting that highly intelligent African Americans can't leave the Democrat plantation or extremists like you will smear them with labels like Uncle Tom.

Same thing has been done to Clarence Thomas, Dr. Thomas Sowell, Dr. Walter Williams and Dr. Ben Carson. You're not in their league.

I asked you a simple YES or NO question.
You failed to answer it.

Shocker!
SBGold
movielover said:

Techno Fog (attorney).

NYT: Donald Trump has been indicted
"Felony charges" still under still seal

"The indictment is an absolute scandal, the banana republic on parade, the prosecutor using the weapons of his office to attack his political opponent.

"Bragg and his predecessor's slow-walking of the investigation, with its inception by Manhattan DA goes back to 2019, evidences both the dubious nature of the case against Trump and the political motivations for prosecuting Trump. Theoretically, this should be a simple case. Yet the investigation went on for nearly five years, despite what they've possessed: overzealous prosecutors who wanted to charge Trump with racketeering, the cooperating witnesses, the likely millions of pages of materials from the Trump Organization.

"Now suddenly, the insanely pro-criminal Manhattan DA, who demanded his prosecutors reduce charges for violent criminals, is prioritizing law and order. It's hard to believe there are legitimate reasons for prosecutors, that means seeking justice for that transformation. Why bring the case now? It's the start of the 2024 presidential campaign season.

"You can't help but think of the political calculations that went on in Bragg's head. Not only does he benefit personally, now elevated to a liberal folk hero after being the prosecutor to finally get Trump (a campaign promise he keeps), but this throws a grenade into the Republican race. Will the GOP base rally to Trump? How will the other candidates respond?

"And what will this do for the undecideds and the independents and the swing voters those who are essential to victory in 2024?

"Some of those questions will be answered in the short term. Some of them won't be answered until election day, assuming Trump gets the GOP nod.

"That's because the case won't go away. It's illegitimate and political, but it's here to stay for the time being. Don't be surprised if the trial date is set for the first half of 2024. And don't understate the danger to Trump, who will face a jury of Biden voters. Biden won Manhattan 86.7% to 12.3% according to the New York Times. The jury of Trump's peers will be friendly to the prosecution. That's all the Manhattan DA might need to secure a conviction. Trump could very well win on appeal but the damage - which carries national repercussions - might already have been done.

"And that's the whole point of this dirty scheme."

I'm all for a transformation to getting tougher on crime. Isn't that what the right wingers want?
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Trump has just walked into the court building in lower Manhattan and is now officially UNDER ARREST.

He now has a rap sheet.

He is not a felon. Do you boiled onion brains spouting a firehose of falsehoods even know what a felon is?

Hahaahahahhaaaaaaa!

Keep reaching son.

Nice try.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

He now has a rap sheet.

He is not a felon. Do you boiled onion brains spouting a firehose of falsehoods even know what a felon is?

Hahaahahahhaaaaaaa!

Keep reaching son.

Nice try.

Looks like I "triggered" one of Bearinsider's biggest Trump fans!
My apologies.

lolololololo!

movielover
Liberal attorney Susan Estrich: "This is chopped liver."

- 34 paragraphs, over and over, no substance.
- I'm a liberal Democrat, I'm the last fan of Donald Trump, but I have to say, this is a sad day for everybody.
For all the things you could [potentially] charge him with... this is a gift . .. try to explain why this misdemeanor is a felony, and is causing a Constitutional crisis. ..."

No detail. Next court date in December. Relying on a convicted liar, Michael Cohen.

Estrich: "Trump will have a field day with this."

https://www.youtube.com/live/mDLZN_FzO4Q?feature=share

oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

He now has a rap sheet.

Hahaahahahhaaaaaaa!

Keep reaching son.

Nice try.

My apologies.

lolololololo!

I am rather curious how this plays out. Please try to stick to the facts as opposed to spouting emotional falsehoods.
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

He now has a rap sheet.

Hahaahahahhaaaaaaa!

Keep reaching son.

Nice try.

My apologies.

lolololololo!

I am rather curious how this plays out. Please try to stick to the facts as opposed to spouting emotional falsehoods.

I'm not an Attorney, but I think that this indictment brought by DA Bragg is very "weak".

Now please excuse me, it's a gorgeous day outside and I'm gonna take the Porsche out for lunch.
Unlike some here (Movielover) whose life appears to revolve around Donald Trump, I have better things to do with my day. Sure looks like he's on track to better his 25 posts of yesterday.

tequila4kapp
If you bring charges against a President or former President you really need to have the goods. No overreaches.

Let's break it down:

Trump made 3 hush payments. This is not illegal, in and of itself.

Falsifying business documentation related to the payments could be illegal.
1. This crime has a specific intent requirement (to defraud, IIRC).
2. Statute of limitations is 2 years. The alleged events are 7 (?) years old.

To get around the statute of limitations problem the DA has to prove the underlying documentation issues were done in furtherance of a 2nd crime. This upgrades the misdemeanor to a NY state felony which has a longer statute of limitation. The DA spoke to - but did not include in the charging documents - three "other" crimes:
1. Payments were hidden in violation of NY state election laws.
PROBLEM: a) Trump was a federal candidate. Federal election laws clearly preempt state election laws. b) the DA has to prove Trump knew it was a crime to hide the payments (doubtful) and had the necessary criminal intent required under the statute (possible but not easy)
2. Federal election laws.
PROBLEM: the feds looked into these very facts and did not charge him criminally (DOJ) or civilly (FEC)
3. Tax evasion.
PROBLEM: Trump reportedly didn't take a deduction for the payments so a tax violation isn't obvious.

General problems: Cohen and Daniels are horrific witnesses.

Maybe there are creative legal arguments the DA can make to proceed on the state and fed election law stuff. Maybe there's more juice to the tax stuff. But generally this is stupidly weak…weak enough that Trump haters everywhere should be disappointed or upset this is what was charged.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.