The Official 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

25,165 Views | 558 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by AunBear89
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Men's 4 x 400m relay

Women's 4 x 400 relay (last track event of Olympics)

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
Men's High Jump Competition was terribly exciting with a JUMP OFF between Shelby McEwen of Team USA and Kerr of New Zealand.

They could have split the Gold Medal like Barshim and Tamberi did at the Tokyo Olympics.
Tamberi was in and out of the hospital this Olympics for kidney colic and lost his wedding ring in the Seine.

But instead, Kerr and McEwen both decided to go for an outright winner!

Bar got up to 2.38 meters (7-08) and then after missing all 3 attempts they started a Jump Off.

Bar went from 2.38 back down to 2.36 where both athletes missed again.
At 2.34m McEwen was unable to clear and Kerr did, thus resulting in a Gold for Kerr and Silver for McEwen.

'We jump': High jumpers refuse to split gold three years after duo shared top spot on podium - Yahoo Sports

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
Cal88 said:

Cal alum Georgia Bell with the bronze in the 1500m. Silver went to a Swedish Oregon alumna, Oregon tweets result right away, Cal has nothing out so far.

Bell wasn't that great when she was at Cal for only 2 years.
Was only 7th all-time for the 1500m.

She never won a Conference Title or made it to the NCAA Championships.
Her best was only 4:18.89

She's improved massively since going back to England.
Her 3:52.61 today for Bronze puts her at the 11th fastest time in world history.

PS. Jessica Hull is Australian, not Swedish.

Bronze For Bell - California Golden Bears Athletics (calbears.com)

DiabloWags
Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

Time for the Men.

We havent seen the podium in 20 years. Too many dropped batons!

Can we get the stick around for a change?

Nope.
The coaching staff should be shot.

They re-juggled the order of the runners from the semis.
So Coleman runs up the back of Bednarek because Bednarek left too early and had to stop.
Baton got passed out of the zone.
DQ.

Total Disaster.

IDIOTS!!!

Why do we screw up the handoffs in Olympics after Olympics?!?

I REPEAT:

THE DUMBASS COACHES CHANGED THE ORDER OF THE RUNNERS BETWEEN THE SEMIS AND FINALS.

KENNY BEDNAREK WAS MOVED TO RUN THE BACKSTRETCH (LEG #2) IN THE FINAL FROM THE TURN (LEG #3) IN THE SEMIS.

HE TOOK OFF TOO EARLY FOR COLEMAN.

THE COACHES ARE MORONS!

JUST ASK CARL LEWIS.
HE WAS FUMING.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/09/sports/carl-lewis-eviscerates-us-track-after-olympic-relay-debacle-blow-it-up/

So "THE COACHES WERE MORONS!" also in 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2020, when the US failed to even finish in the top 3 in the men's 4x100m relay all those years?

I never said or implied that.
You did.

I'm clearly talking about what happened at this OLYMPICS GAMES IN PARIS.
You don't seem to understand the nuances of the 4x100m relay.

I repeat . . . The coaching staff changed the order of the runners between the semis and the finals and put a 200m runner (Bednarek) who is used to running the turn from a standing start and moved him to the second leg to run the backstretch. He took off early and Coleman (who ran a great leg) couldnt get the baton to him. The coaches should have never moved Bednarek from the 3rd leg.

A VERY DUMB MOVE!

Carl Lewis confirms what I just said.

"First of all, he's angry about a system that he says is not set up to help the United States move forward and do well," Johnson continued. "He's also angry that they didn't have the right people in the right places. If Noah Lyles was out sick with Covid, they should've just replaced the anchor leg and nothing else. But the fact they reordered the entire relay had him worried and at the end, had him upset."

Hope this helps your understanding of what happened better.

Cal88
DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

Time for the Men.

Nope.

So Coleman runs up the back of Bednarek because Bednarek left too early and had to stop.
DQ.

Total Disaster.

IDIOTS!!!

I REPEAT:

THE DUMBASS COACHES CHANGED THE ORDER OF THE RUNNERS BETWEEN THE SEMIS AND FINALS.

KENNY BEDNAREK WAS MOVED TO RUN THE BACKSTRETCH (LEG #2) IN THE FINAL FROM THE TURN (LEG #3) IN THE SEMIS.

THE COACHES ARE MORONS!

JUST ASK CARL LEWIS.
HE WAS FUMING.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/09/sports/carl-lewis-eviscerates-us-track-after-olympic-relay-debacle-blow-it-up/

So "THE COACHES WERE MORONS!" also in 2008, 2012, 2016 and 2020, when the US failed to even finish in the top 3 in the men's 4x100m relay all those years?

You did.

I repeat . . . The coaching staff changed the order of the runners between the semis and the finals and put a 200m runner (Bednarek) who is used to running the turn from a standing start and moved him to the second leg to run the backstretch. He took off early and Coleman (who ran a great leg) couldnt get the baton to him. The coaches should have never moved Bednarek from the 3rd leg.

A VERY DUMB MOVE!

"First of all, he's angry about a system that he says is not set up to help the United States move forward and do well," Johnson continued. "He's also angry that they didn't have the right people in the right places. If Noah Lyles was out sick with Covid, they should've just replaced the anchor leg and nothing else. But the fact they reordered the entire relay had him worried and at the end, had him upset."

2008, 2012, 2016 and 2020 - no medals, not even bronze.

Doesn't seem like the problem is the coaching.
Cal88
Very entertaining basketball final, until Curry turned the lights off in the final minutes... Good job Steve Kerr, he got the best out of a star-studded roster in what might easily been a Lake Placid-type of upset.

bearister
Big C
DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

DiabloWags said:

DiabloWags said:

Time for the Men.

Nope.

DQ.

Total Disaster.

IDIOTS!!!

I REPEAT:

THE COACHES ARE MORONS!

JUST ASK CARL LEWIS.
HE WAS FUMING.

You did.

A VERY DUMB MOVE!

What you say makes total sense, which begs the question, why did they change the whole order? Okay, idiots, to be sure, but I'm wondering what the idiots were thinking.
Eastern Oregon Bear
If I was Jordan Chiles, I'd get myself and my bronze medal on the next plane back to America, if she hasn't already returned to the US.
bear2034

Incredible clutch shots at the end. KD and Curry play well together.
DiabloWags
Cal88

Youre hopelessly stubborn.

Sadly, you repeatedly step on your dick here and your ego gets the best of you.

Leave it to you to argue with Carl Lewis about what happened to the Men's 4x100m Relay in PARIS.

Go figure.

DiabloWags
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

If I was Jordan Chiles, I'd get myself and my bronze medal on the next plane back to America, if she hasn't already returned to the US.

Her appeal was made 4 seconds late. Technicality.

Eastern Oregon Bear
DiabloWags said:

Yeah, that's why I was suggesting she take the medal back to the US before they can confiscate it. Wishful thinking on my part as if she ever wants to compete again internationally, she'll probably have to return it. Hopefully, they will just treat it as a tie and let her and the French gymnast both have bronze medals.
Cal88
They relied on that technicality because they made a mistake with the Romanian gymnast, having deducted .10 points for stepping outside the mat while replays show she never did. Nadia Comaneci tweeted about this:

She also mentioned that the degree of difficulty for her routine was too low, relative to what the same routine was rated earlier in the competition in the team event.

Big C

DiabloWags said:

Yeah, that's why I was suggesting she take the medal back to the US before they can confiscate it. Wishful thinking on my part as if she ever wants to compete again internationally, she'll probably have to return it. Hopefully, they will just treat it as a tie and let her and the French gymnast both have bronze medals.

Yes, that solution is fine. Give the other woman a bronze and let Chiles keep hers. Of course, that makes too much sense, so I doubt the Olympics will do it.
dimitrig
Big C said:

DiabloWags said:

Yes, that solution is fine. Give the other woman a bronze and let Chiles keep hers. Of course, that makes too much sense, so I doubt the Olympics will do it.

Sure and give a bronze to the 4th place finisher too.

Maybe everyone should get a medal. Why not?

dimitrig
dajo9 said:

Congratulations to Imane Khelif on her gold medal. She is the best.

She won each round 10-9. Where are the haters who said she was a danger to other boxers?
oski003
dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

She won each round 10-9. Where are the haters who said she was a danger to other boxers?

Where are the haters who said it isn't unfair because she has lost a handful of matches in her career?
bearister
Cal88
dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

The two competitors with male genes won the gold in their respective weight class - that took a lot of balls.

AunBear89
Why so mad, bro?

Jealous?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Why so mad, bro?

Jealous?

Why do you think he is mad, bro?

Projecting?
dimitrig
oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

Where are the haters who said it isn't unfair because she has lost a handful of matches in her career?

10-9 seems pretty even

Maybe the other lady is also a man, huh?

oski003
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

10-9 seems pretty even

Two women with this rare genetic condition were the best female boxers in the world. It is not a coincidence, considering they are competing against 3 billion possible XX adversaries.
dimitrig
oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

10-9 seems pretty even

Two women with this rare genetic condition were the best female boxers in the world. It is not a coincidence, considering they are competing against 3 billion possible XX adversaries.

It is also not a coincidence that Victor Wembenyama is good at basketball given he has a rare genetic condition that allowed him to grow to be 7'4".

DiabloWags
While the usual suspects are arguing ....

there's a terrific Mens Water Polo Match on between USA and Hungary, all tied at 8 - 8 after 4 periods for the BRONZE MEDAL.

USA was down 8 - 6 in the 4th.
Was up 6 - 5, but gave up 3 straight goals.

Hungary has won 17 Olympic Medals in Mens Water Polo.

Time for a SHOOTOUT.

https://usawaterpolo.org/sports/mens-water-polo/roster

DiabloWags
CAL'S ADRIAN WEINBERG SUPERB IN GOAL DURING THE SHOOTOUT!

USA 11
HUNGARY 8

BRONZE FOR TEAM USA!
dajo9
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

10-9 seems pretty even

It is also not a coincidence that Victor Wembenyama is good at basketball given he has a rare genetic condition that allowed him to grow to be 7'4".

Michael Phelps should not have been allowed to compete in the Olympics. His body only creates half the lactic acid of most people. This is not a coincidence.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Cal88
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

10-9 seems pretty even

He and other men of unusual height are still not allowed to compete in the women's events, for good reason.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

10-9 seems pretty even

He and other men of unusual height are still not allowed to compete in the women's events, for good reason.

Yeah. They don't have a vagina.
DiabloWags
You guys are pathetic.
Really pathetic.
Cal88
dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

10-9 seems pretty even

But having testes is apparently not a problem to compete in the women's events.

Thanks for playing.
sycasey
oski003
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

10-9 seems pretty even

They also shouldn't play in any 6'0 and under leagues.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

dimitrig said:

dajo9 said:

10-9 seems pretty even

But having testes is apparently not a problem to compete in the women's events.

Thanks for playing.

How many genders do you think there are?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.