The Official 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

25,152 Views | 558 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by AunBear89
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No relation to Chuck.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Only 24 posts today by you but the day is still young.
39 yesterday.

You still living in your parent's basement bro?

You're living the Dream.

Hahaha
You're so funny!!
You're back to your habit of insulting people for their posting habits.
DiabloWags
JACK ALEXY.

MENS 4X100M RELAY OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST!

GO BEARS!!!
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
concordtom
Cal88 said:

"Some parts of the Paris opening ceremony were honestly very nice (my favorite was Cline Dion singing from to the whole of Paris from the top of the Eiffel tower) but this was frankly beyond ridiculous.

If only for the fact that this is supposed to be a family-friendly show... Which as a matter of fact I was watching with my 2 daughters: really didn't expect to have to answer question from my 5-year old like "papa, why does the bearded man have boobs?" And there was another part of the show where they displayed a threesome between 2 gay men and a woman where they all kiss...

Call me reactionary or old-fashioned but I fail to see how it serves anyone:
- Certainly doesn't serve the image of France in the immense majority of the planet, it just confirms the narrative that "France is just another member of the decadent and woke West".
- It doesn't serve the LGBT movement either. If I was gay, I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with this person, just like as a straight person I don't want to be represented by an ultra-sexualized caricature of a straight guy... In fact I think I'd even feel insulted because he's so extreme and caricatural.
- It doesn't serve the Olympics, what does this even have to do with it? I thought it was about sports and bringing the world together. This is obviously bound to be very divisive..."

You failed to see the correlation between the titillation and the Olympic games?
Just wait until you start seeing some of these Olympians in the track sports. Incredible physiques! And if that doesn't titillate you, I feel sorry for you.
bearister
Well, the women's synchronized divers looked like the Daily Mail provided their swimsuits. I thought they were going to put censor blocks over their keesters….but then again I covered my eyes.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
concordtom
bearister said:

Well, the women's synchronized divers looked like the Daily Mail provided their swimsuits. I thought they were going to put censor blocks over their keesters….but then again I covered my eyes.

Okay, but then you posted the wrong photo!
DiabloWags
Katie Ledecky, oldest female swimmer to ever make the podium in the 400m Free. Her 11th Olympic Medal. Bronze.

Age 27

17 year old Canadian Summer McIntosh takes the Silver. WR holder Ariane Titmus the Gold.
DiabloWags
Womens 3m Sprinboard Synchro Diving.... Kassidy Cook and Sarah Bacon take SILVER!
concordtom
Okay, I'm watching the opening ceremony.
At the library Trois part. This is so stupid!!
bear2034
concordtom said:

Okay, I'm watching the opening ceremony.
At the library Trois part. This is so stupid!!
Quote:

You failed to see the correlation between the titillation and the Olympic games?

Blackout in Paris, first full day of the Olympics.
Cal88
Speaking of blackouts, the IOC took out most of the dodgy parts of the opening ceremony due to the huge international backlash.

movielover
I hope semi retired Camille Paglia gives us her take on the clownish vile displays.

"Thomas Jolly, the artistic director of the opening ceremony told France news outlet Le Monde, that the opening ceremony was about "republican ideas, inclusion, caring, generosity and solidarity."

"At a Saturday press conference, the executive director of the Olympic Games Cristophe Dubi defended the controversial opening ceremony celebrating, "the courage, the determination, the vision, and the creativity" of the show, "broke the mold." "

https://tnc.news/2024/07/27/olympic-opening-ceremonies-removed/
DiabloWags
You can tell who the actual sports fans are here ...

As opposed to the one's that are still *****ing and whining about the opening ceremony.

You must all live pitiful lives.

Repeatedly "stuck" on things that no one WITH A LIFE could care any less about.

Carry on.
You do it so well.
Oh so predictable.

oski003
DiabloWags said:

As opposed to the one's that are still *****ing and whining about the opening ceremony.

Carry on.
You do it so well.
Oh so predictable.

Just a reminder, there is an Olympic sports forum. This is an off topic forum where items of this nature are openly discussed.

https://bearinsider.com/forums/5
Cal88
DiabloWags said:

Carry on.
You do it so well.
Oh so predictable.

The opening ceremony has grown into a major worldwide scandal (see below), the organizers have egg on their face, and this has been a major news event that has marred these olympic games.

Cal88
In sports events, a new superstar is born, homegrown swimmer Leon Marchand, who crushed the field in the 4x100m individual medley winning the event by 6 seconds:

Edit - Marchand is a Junior at ASU, majoring in Computer Science, both his parents were olympic swimmers - did we recruit him?!?
LudwigsFountain
bearister said:

I find it interesting that Rick Barry's son, Canyon, is playing in the 3 on 3 hoop. He seems like a very impressive young man.

After graduating summa cum laude with a degree in physics from the College of Charleston and earning a master's degree in nuclear engineering from Florida, Barry works as a systems engineer in addition to being a full-time G League basketball player.

*Shoots his FT under handed like Pops. The dude has some paws. Look how small that ball looks.
Read a story about him with an interesting anecdote. Like his dad, he shoots free throws underhanded. First time he did in one game the ref says, "Who do you think you are, Rick Barry?"
dajo9
Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Carry on.
You do it so well.
Oh so predictable.

The opening ceremony has grown into a major worldwide scandal (see below), the organizers have egg on their face, and this has been a major news event that has marred these olympic games.

What a bunch of delicate snowflakes. I for one, do not align myself with the Iranian government, unlike Cal88's friends.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
DiabloWags
Cal88 said:

Cool story.

No one cares except for IRAN.
Do you wear panties too?

DiabloWags
In other news, U.S. Women's Water Polo, Rugby, and Soccer all off to a dominating start!

Next up for the American ruggers in pool play, France.

DiabloWags
BACK TO BACK GOLD for LEE KEIFER.

HASNT BEEN DONE SINCE 1936/1940

Silver was American Lauren Scruggs.

bear2034
DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Do you wear panties too?

The France Olympic committee planned this for over four years, obviously, they care...a lot.
DiabloWags
bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Do you wear panties too?

The France Olympic committee planned this for over four years, obviously, they care...a lot.

Sports fans only care about watching the worldwide elite competition.
They aren't SNOWFLAKES like the 3 Stooges . . . you, Movielover, and Cal88.
bear2034
DiabloWags said:

bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Do you wear panties too?

If that was truly the case, why the satanic drag queen show?
Cal88
DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Do you wear panties too?

I don't, and therein lies the rub. Olympics ceremonies broadcast to the world should not be about some people's fetishes.
dajo9
bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Do you wear panties too?

So weird.

A tribute to Greek God, Dionysus becomes a "satanic drag queen show". You do know what the Olympics are named after don't you? You probably consider that satanic too.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bear2034
dajo9 said:

bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Do you wear panties too?

So weird.

A tribute to Greek God, Dionysus becomes a "satanic drag queen show". You do know what the Olympics are named after don't you? You probably consider that satanic too.
Which one was Dionysus, the bearded dude with the boobs or the blue dude on the platter?
Big C
bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Do you wear panties too?

Shocking that France would put on a show like that... France, of all countries!

Have you ever been to the Moulin Rouge? (Forbidden for Iranians, btw.) When I went there, it was kind of a risque', avant-garde show, but it was all tourists. I asked the French about it and they said it is too old fashioned, not cutting edge enough. That was 20 years ago, but I knew right then that the next time France hosted the Olympics, the opening ceremonies were gonna be something! Va VOOM!

But like Diablo said, 24 hours after the ceremonies, who cares! Back to the main course, the sports! USA whips Serbia today on the hard wood! USA! USA!
DiabloWags
Looks like Bear2034 is still living the dream on a gorgeous Summer Sunday no less.
Another 32 posts of worthless drivel.
Starting at 12:37 am

Shocker.

DiabloWags
Big C said:

But like Diablo said, 24 hours after the ceremonies, who cares! Back to the main course, the sports! USA whips Serbia today on the hard wood! USA! USA!
KD looked terrific after having not participated at all in the 5 exhibition games with a sore calf with 21 in his first 9 minutes.

At 39, Lebron looked like he was 20 years old again.
Amazing!

DiabloWags
South Korean Women's Archery Team has now won 10 consecutive gold medals dating back to the Seoul Summer Games in 1988. By the time the LA Games roll around in 2028, they will have been on top of the world for FOUR DECADES.

But the Chinese fought back hard until the bitter end and forced the match into a shoot-off.
An official had to pull out a MAGNIFYING GLASS to decide the winner!

South Korea edges China for archery Olympic gold after check with a magnifying glass breaks tie | AP News
DiabloWags
Jess Fox wins the Gold for Australia in the Women's Kayak Slalom!

She said that she needed to chill out after the semis before the finals started.
So she did the Wordle of the Day for 10-minutes.

bear2034
DiabloWags said:

Looks like Bear2034 is still living the dream on a gorgeous Summer Sunday no less.
Another 32 posts of worthless drivel.
Starting at 12:37 am

Shocker.

Bro, if you control yourself and not respond to my posts, I'll end up posting less. Can you quit me, bro?
Cal88
dajo9 said:

bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

bear2034 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Do you wear panties too?

So weird.

The character of Dionysos appeared in the Olympics ceremony as a naked, fat middle aged bearded man in the context of a sarcastic mock recreation of a Last Supper with a 350lb butch lesbian in the role of Jesus Christ.

Dionysos is the Greek god of drunken debauchery and hedonism as the centerpiece in this mock Last Supper bears no connection whatsoever with the Greek olympic spirit, and the inversion of Christian rites (specifically here the transformation of the Last Supper into a drunken orgiastic banquet) is a centerpiece of Satanic rituals.
oski003
I would like to add that this is the beginning of curmudgeon's initial post

Opening Ceremonies being held LIVE on the river Seine.

First time there has been rain (non-stop) during an Opening Ceremonies since Helsinki in 1952.

It seems appropriate to discuss the opening ceremony here. Ironically, there is an actual separate forum here for Olympic sports!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.