The Official 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

25,168 Views | 558 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by AunBear89
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

Didn't Barry typically start his White House days around noon with an official lunch?

The last POTUS that didn't cause us to flinch every time he had a mic in front of him.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

I like how Obama both constantly manipulates and controls Biden and Harris and also only put in a few lazy hours a day as President.
And was an unqualified community organizer who wasn't ready to be President.
Cal88
sycasey

bearister
Click on link to see 4 x 400 mixed relay.

oski003
sycasey said:

If she has an XY chromosome and has to take drugs to lower her testosterone, she should be not be competing in women's sports.
AunBear89
But none of that is the case. And you and Miles are small minded limp dick jackasses.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

But none of that is the case. And you and Miles are small minded limp dick jackasses.

I am aware that she doesn't have male chromosomes and take medication to lower her testosterone to get below the limit. Your name calling is out of control. Check yourself, please.
sycasey
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

If she has an XY chromosome and has to take drugs to lower her testosterone, she should be not be competing in women's sports.
Seems like Cheong's audience disagrees.
Eastern Oregon Bear
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Like most right wing agitators, once Cheong thinks he's found a wedge, he uses it EVERYWHERE without regard as to whether or not it makes any sense.
Big C

Back to the Olympics...

Simone Biles and Katy Ledecky: Great athletes, great Olympians, great stories. And probably great people! Bravo! Now, that's enough. Maybe even too much. I really don't care how many medals they have. Can we please move on to other athletes and other sports?
dajo9
sycasey said:

Ian Miles Cheong is weird

"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Cal88
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

Like most right wing agitators, once Cheong thinks he's found a wedge, he uses it EVERYWHERE without regard as to whether or not it makes any sense.

Agreed, he's a demagogue.
Cal88
Epic showdown for the gold, Djoko won the first set 7-6,... in 1h14m.

dajo9
Multiple choice question. If you call the average red state male who tests for low testerone, a woman - how many bullet wounds are you likely to receive?

A) 1
B) 3
C) 7
D) 17
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Cal88
Djokovic wins 7-6 7-6, in 3 hours, beating his top challenger and heir apparent on his favorite surface, gets the only title who has eluded him!
10 x Australian Open
3 x Roland-Garros
7 x Wimbledon
4 x US Open
7 x ATP Finals
8 x year-end No.1s
2 x Career Golden Masters
1 x Davis Cup
428 weeks at No.1 (most ever)
1 x Olympics Gold Medal

oski003
dajo9 said:

Multiple choice question. If you call the average red state male who tests for low testerone, a woman - how many bullet wounds are you likely to receive?

A) 1
B) 3
C) 7
D) 17

What is the average red state male who tests for low testerone?

Did you mean to say, "The average red state male, who tests for low testosterone? If so, I would argue they'd likely punch you in the face before shooting you. Of course, folks are all different, so you will get different reactions from "average red state males."
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

Oski003 said:

I am aware that she doesn't have male chromosomes and take medication to lower her testosterone to get below the limit. Your name calling is out of control. Check yourself, please.

I see that nothing's changed here.
Oski is still talking out of both sides of his ass.

SOSDD

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
Big C said:

Back to the Olympics...

Simone Biles and Katy Ledecky: Great athletes, great Olympians, great stories. And probably great people! Bravo! Now, that's enough. Maybe even too much. I really don't care how many medals they have. Can we please move on to other athletes and other sports?

Ummm... there are over 50 Gold Medals being won this weekend in a 48-hour period.
Biles and Ledecky aren't involved in over 90% of those events.

There are PLENTY of other athletes and other sports.
Maybe you just haven't been paying attention.

PS. Cal's Ryan Murphy lead off with the backstroke leg of this team.

Cal88
US rider Kristen Faulkner from Alaska is going to win gold in cycling, following a great tactical move 3km from the finish.

Big C
DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

Back to the Olympics...

Ummm... there are over 50 Gold Medals being won this weekend in a 48-hour period.

You are absolutely correct. Thing is, I'm lazy and old school and I like to flop in front of the TV in the evening and watch the prime time two hours. Yes, I could be more proactive and "get into the peacock" and see other sports and other athletes, so it's sort of my fault. Way too much gymnastics and swimming (and especially, Biles and Ledecky) in the prime time. Also, too much about the American athletes: I get it, this is America, but a little too slanted. (Of course, it's always like that in the Olympics telecasts.)
oski003
DiabloWags said:

oski003 said:

Oski003 said:

I see that nothing's changed here.
Oski is still talking out of both sides of his ass.

SOSDD

How am I talking out of both sides of my ass? My position here is clear. Thanks.
Cal88
Exciting finish in the 4x100 M medley relay, with tight 3-way finish.

US women crushing it in the same race, setting a new WR and settling the gold medal race with the Aussies

DiabloWags
Missing in that photo is TORRI HUSKE.

She anchored again.
No one can catch her.

DiabloWags
Men's 100m Final field set.
All 3 Americans are in.

Kerley, Bednarek, Lyles.

Jamaicans Thompson and Seville look fast. 9.80 and 9.81

12: 50 PM PST

sycasey
Big C said:

DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

Back to the Olympics...

You are absolutely correct. Thing is, I'm lazy and old school and I like to flop in front of the TV in the evening and watch the prime time two hours. Yes, I could be more proactive and "get into the peacock" and see other sports and other athletes, so it's sort of my fault. Way too much gymnastics and swimming (and especially, Biles and Ledecky) in the prime time. Also, too much about the American athletes: I get it, this is America, but a little too slanted. (Of course, it's always like that in the Olympics telecasts.)

Yes, and other countries do the same with their best events. At least now you have the option to watch the other stuff too, on other cable channels or streaming. NBC has certainly improved in this regard, though the prime time block remains as it ever was (hyper-focus on a few popular events and a lot of soft-focus personal interest stories).
Cal88
DiabloWags said:

All 3 Americans are in.

Kerley, Bednarek, Lyles.

Looks like Seville will take the gold in 9.70 range.
DiabloWags
Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

All 3 Americans are in.

Kerley, Bednarek, Lyles.

You must not have watched the Tokyo Olympics. It's anybodys race.

Just ask Marcel Jacobs of Italy.

Cal88
DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

All 3 Americans are in.

Kerley, Bednarek, Lyles.

You must not have watched the Tokyo Olympics. It's anybodys race.

Just ask Marcel Jacobs of Italy.

Looking forward to it, apparently there was some trash talk between Lyles and Seville...

In other Olympics news, the women's boxing controversy isn't going away, with both boxers suspended by the IBA for failing the chromozone test ending up in the final, with a visual protest from the Bulgarian semifinalist who got beaten by Yu Ting Lin, the IBA-disqualified Korean boxer - XX marks the spot :

Cal88
Incredibly close finish with Lyles beating Thompson by a nose in a clutch performance, showing his experience.

DiabloWags
5/1000th's of a second!

LYLES 9.784
THOMPSON 9.789
KERLEY 9.81

bearister
The Jamaican women track stars are acting squirrelly in Paris. Who knows? Shericka Jackson has been looking a bit juiced to me lately.

Why Did Shericka Jackson Pull Out of the Olympics Race? | TIME

https://time.com/7007518/jamaica-shericka-jackson-withdraws-200m-race-olympics-reason-why/
DiabloWags
Here is what 5/1000th's of a second looks like.

For non-track and field afficionados . . . it's not the foot or head that needs to cross first.
It's the chest.

GoOskie
sycasey said:

Do right wingers constantly think of male genitalia ALL DAY? movielover, please tell us if true and why you do so. oskie003, can you chime in why?
oski003
GoOskie said:

sycasey said:

Do right wingers constantly think of male genitalia ALL DAY? movielover, please tell us if true and why you do so. oskie003, can you chime in why?

Sure, "right wingers" don't think about male genitalia ALL DAY. Do you have any other questions about this group you appear to know nothing about?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.