Will the NRA's grip on the GOP diminish in your lifetime? (Y/N)

92,885 Views | 772 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by sycasey
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?

When Black Panthers Carried Guns, Conservatives Supported Gun Control
The debate around guns has not always been the partisan stalemate it is today. But it has, like so many other political issues in the US, always been partly about race.

'Dying of whiteness': why racism is at the heart of America's gun inaction
oski003
The Amnesty International travel advisory is hilarious, left wing hysteria.
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

The Amnesty International travel advisory is hilarious, left wing hysteria.
Your brain somehow chose to point out the absurdity of an advisory, but somehow made no mention of something that is 100x more absurd?

offshorebear
The argument that everyone should have guns and we would all be safer as such is insane. Apart from all the data and the other good arguments as to why it is insane, just think about how safe you would feel in this scenario:

You take you family to the lake for a week. 30 families are camping nearby your tent and your family. All members of this large lake group age 18 or older are carrying various types and sizes of guns at all waking hours. So maybe 50-60+ adults, a couple dozen pseudo adults aged 18-25, all packing heat in close proximity, and more than a couple dozen children in the mix.

How safe would you feel in your own person? How safe would you feel for your spouse and children? By the way, one of which is a high school senior boy and is walking around with a handgun 16 hours per day for the week, oh yeah and he is just getting into smoking weed and drinking light beers with other idiots his age.

Feel safe?

Now multiply that feeling many millions of times over in our crowded urban spaces, or at any large event, and extend it from a week to all the time and forever.

No thank you!
oski003
100,000,000 plus people live in open carry jurisdiction. That picture is silly. Lots of silly stuff on the internet. I am not an idiot, so my attention is drawn more to Amnesty International issuing a travel advisory to USA as opposed to a silly picture on the internet.

Feel free to also post silly pictures of puppies with machine guns.
Another Bear
Anyone advocating more guns as a solution is simply a massive dumb**** who sniffed too much glue..or comes from the small dick clan of gun ownership, probably both. Welp pal, more guns ain't gonna solve either problem.

The U.S. has experience 1+ mass murder shooting every day this year, plus. More mass murder shootings in the U.S. than days in 2019.

Gun nuts, STFU...and go eat your damn gun.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

100,000,000 plus people live in open carry jurisdiction. That picture is silly. Lots of silly stuff on the internet. I am not an idiot, so my attention is drawn more to Amnesty International issuing a travel advisory to USA as opposed to a silly picture on the internet.

Why are you focused on Amnesty International's travel warning?

Feel free to be worried about a special interest group's PR campaign but the rest of us are more worried about radical white terrorism which has been completely unchecked by our federal government.

Reminds me of something Trump once said (if you substitute islam for whitism):

Quote:

"Many of the principles of radical whitism are incompatible with Western values and institutions. Radical whitism is anti-woman, anti-gay and anti-American," Trump said June 13. "If we want to protect the quality of life for all Americans women and children, gay and straight, Jews and Christians and all people then we need to tell the truth about radical whitism."

offshorebear
oski003 said:

Your first point is just an anecdote. "100,000,000 plus people live in open carry jurisdiction." And? Where is the end of your story?

Here is one possible ending:

100,000,000 plus people live in open carry jurisdiction. Did you know that a 1% increase in gun ownership in an area in the US correlates to a 1.1% increase in firearm death and a 0.7% increase in overall homicide rate, other factors being controlled for(poverty, race, etc)? Thoughts and prayers for those 100,000,000, right?

oski003
The mass murder statistics that claim one plus per day include gang violence. We have averaged more than one "mass shooting" per day for decades.
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

Police Lt. Mike Lewis:

"All we know is the fact that he walked in here heavily armed with body armor on, in military fatigues and caused a great amount of panic inside the store. So, he certainly had the capability the potential to harm people."

But Missouri is open carry. People at Walmart were totally overreacting according to your worldview.
oski003
B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

Police Lt. Mike Lewis:

"All we know is the fact that he walked in here heavily armed with body armor on, in military fatigues and caused a great amount of panic inside the store. So, he certainly had the capability the potential to harm people."

But Missouri is open carry. People at Walmart were totally overreacting according to your worldview.

They should take away his guns, psychology evaluate him, and charge him with an applicable crime, such as mayhem. You obviously do not understand my worldview.
Unit2Sucks
I guess oski003 is a gun grabber.

If we are a nation of laws, how can the police take his guns without due process?
offshorebear
oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

Police Lt. Mike Lewis:

They should take away his guns, psychology evaluate him, and charge him with an applicable crime, such as mayhem. You obviously do not understand my worldview.

He didn't break any of your precious laws though. He is the protagonist of your gun fantasy.

Further, why would you charge someone with mayhem when you clearly don't even know how mayhem is defined by law? Why not charge him with reckless driving, it is just as relevant?

Really though, are you just pulling **** out of your ass and trying to serve it to us for dinner?
oski003
I said such as mayhem. I am not sure exactly what law he violated. Please do not project your hatred and biases about conservatives on me. You are making several wrong assumptions. Just because I defend or criticize one thing, it doesn't mean I am a rightwing gun-toting nut job. I don't think you all are antifa. In this specific instance, all I did was criticize amnesty international for issuing a travel advisory on the USA. Because of that, I have to defend some militarized clown in a grocery store?
kelly09
oski003 said:

I said such as mayhem. I am not sure exactly what law he violated. Please do not project your hatred and biases about conservatives on me. You are making several wrong assumptions. Just because I defend or criticize one thing, it doesn't mean I am a rightwing gun-toting nut job. I don't think you all are antifa. In this specific instance, all I did was criticize amnesty international for issuing a travel advisory on the USA. Because of that, I have to defend some militarized clown in a grocery store?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ydU3-pyyPFmVAAmt0tnqg
kelly09
Sorry, please scroll down to 1973=74 Zebra murders. I bought my first and only gun then. Was that racist?
B.A. Bearacus
kelly09 said:

Sorry, please scroll down to 1973=74 Zebra murders. I bought my first and only gun then. Was that racist?

It is duly noted the impact that those few months 45 years ago had and still have on you.
kelly09
B.A. Bearacus said:

kelly09 said:

It is duly noted the impact that those few months 45 years ago had and still have on you.
You are right Bearacus...but why not an impact on you? Forget that the time seems so long ago to you. 71 statewide murders essentially covered up for political correctness. Disgusting.
B.A. Bearacus

"This is Missouri," Andreychenko reportedly said of the incident to investigators. "I understand if we were somewhere else like New York or California, people would freak out."

Photo of puppy with assault rifle outside Kamala rally back in March (also relishing his right to bear arms).
B.A. Bearacus
kelly09 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

kelly09 said:

You are right Bearacus...but why not an impact on you?.

I was one.
bearister
kelly09 said:

I went to Winterland to a concert during the peak of the Zebra murders. Many of the murders were in the Fillmore District where Winterland was located. My buddy and I were wasted and paranoid. We saw a Black Eldorado Caddy (which some Zebra killers were seen driving) after the concert and dove behind some park cars for cover. False alarm. I think it was a Dave Mason concert and War was the warm up band. The book Season of the Witch has a good discussion of the Zebra Killers.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Women's athleisure revolution, now with guns. Thank you Tomi Lahren for not listening to liberals who contend that jogging with leggings while packing a gun is insane.

oski003
Jogging with leggings while packing a gun is not insane. Thanks.
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

Now repeat that 1000 times while trying not to hit the padded walls too hard.
oski003
B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

Now repeat that 1000 times while trying not to hit the padded walls too hard.

Why would I do that, you narrow-minded biggot?
sycasey
oski003 said:

Plaxico Burress might disagree.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Women's athleisure revolution, now with guns. Thank you Tomi Lahren for not listening to liberals who contend that jogging with leggings while packing a gun is insane.

..and I thought the beaver was on the Protected Species list.

Another Bear
That looks like ANGRY Beaver to me...maybe crazy or rabid. Different species.
calpoly
oski003 said:

I don't want to live in your twisted world!
Anarchistbear

Open carry accessories are the new thang

?v=1521383833

bearister
B.A. Bearacus
They finally found a few good Republicans to support funding research. Fiat lux.

Anarchistbear
Military budget $738 billion, just increased with bipartisan support of "the resistance." 377-48. Guns rule.
B.A. Bearacus
Good use of Bloomberg money.

Unit2Sucks
Anarchistbear said:

Military budget $738 billion, just increased with bipartisan support of "the resistance." 377-48. Guns rule.
It's not quite like that. The democrats traded family leave for federal workers (which is the right thing to do) for the creation of the unnecessary space force and increase in military. Of course republicans will probably take credit for increased family leave but they were willing to hold it hostage for more blood money - since they can't help but fund republican welfare.

My hope, which may never be fulfilled, is that the democrats will dramatically reduce military spending when they regain the government. I may be one of the few people outside Trump's base who like that he is addressing the military spend of our allies, I just disagree with his desired outcome. I think rather than encouraging people to increase military spend, we should get everyone in the world to decrease spend. It's a massive waste of global resources that could be put to better use, basically any use.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.