Violent protesters thread

27,164 Views | 339 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Blueblood
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
going4roses
going4roses
going4roses
going4roses
going4roses
SRBear
Look, the violent protesters and looters have co-opted the peaceful protesters cause and where there wouldn't have been police they are forced into action to protect people and their property and now the peaceful protesters are going to have to start following police orders or they will get pushed and shoved. And for the policeman who showed whatever the hell hand sign that was, maybe they should notify DeBlasio.
hanky1
hanky1
okaydo
going4roses said:

Hi going4roses. This is the violent protesters thread. This should've been posted in the violent counter-protesters thread.

Bear70
No idea what you're talking about.
The blacks were not store owners they were neighbors helping the store owners who were both armed with shotguns.
The news reporter did a horrific job of relating information to the police who had just responded from another looting incident.
In a civil disturbance everyone gets handcuffed until you can isolate and identify the problem. Command and control lacked from LAPD initially but this is common in a chaotic situation. Everyone is making assumptions and adding false information to support a narrative that did not exist in this situation.
Chaotic? Yes. Welcome to the world of modern day policing.
Racist? Not even close.
Did you know the police knew the store owners? This, they were able to decipher they were not an immediate threat?
Because you don't have the whole story.
Yet people comment on this situation like a tiny piece of a larger incident can tell the entire book.
Social media is the problem in America. People with no/limited knowledge spewing forth crap to justify their own conclusions.
bearister
Will insurance cover businesses damaged by looting? - Los Angeles Times

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-05-31/business-insurance-looting-riots
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-05-31/business-insurance-looting-riots%3f_amp=true

73 vehicles driven off the lot:

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2020/06/01/dozens-of-cars-stolen-from-dodge-dealership-during-san-leandro-looting/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
Bear70 said:

No idea what you're talking about.
The blacks were not store owners they were neighbors helping the store owners who were both armed with shotguns.
The news reporter did a horrific job of relating information to the police who had just responded from another looting incident.
In a civil disturbance everyone gets handcuffed until you can isolate and identify the problem. Command and control lacked from LAPD initially but this is common in a chaotic situation. Everyone is making assumptions and adding false information to support a narrative that did not exist in this situation.
Chaotic? Yes. Welcome to the world of modern day policing.
Racist? Not even close.
Did you know the police knew the store owners? This, they were able to decipher they were not an immediate threat?
Because you don't have the whole story.
Yet people comment on this situation like a tiny piece of a larger incident can tell the entire book.
Social media is the problem in America. People with no/limited knowledge spewing forth crap to justify their own conclusions.

I'm sorry but this is a bs response and it saddens me that it has 6 stars from people who can't see this as an example of race bias.

In a "civil disturbance" everybody gets handcuffed? How do you define civil disturbance because I'm 100% confident if I had been standing there with the white gunholder I would NOT have been handcuffed, as those black people were.
dajo9
Here's my #WhitePrivilege story I like to share.

A few years back I'm driving a rental car with a young black colleague as a passenger down I-95 through Delaware. Suddenly lights are flashing behind me and I say out loud to nobody, "what am I getting pulled over for"?

Officer pulls me over, stutters a bit (like he's trying to figure out what he did wrong) and tells me I was pulled over for speeding (I was going the flow of traffic, so a little above the speed limit just like everybody else). Then he warns me to stay at the speed limit and lets me go with a warning. Over in a minute. I'm dressed in something like a blue button-down with khaki's. Very plain vanilla, white businessman. As I'm pulling out I say to my black colleague:

Me: I can't believe I got pulled over
Him: You got pulled over because I'm sitting in the car and this rental car has Florida license plates (something I didn't even bother to notice)
Me: Ohh, I didn't think of that.
Him: I can't believe he didn't give you ticket or anything
Me: Oh, I'd have been pissed if he gave me a ticket
Him: <Shakes head in disbelief at the different worlds we live in>
Me: I've been pulled over three times in New Jersey and still haven't gotten a ticket
Him: <Jaw hits the floor>
SRBear
I believe the police were pointing their weapons at the guys holding the guns as they were trying to determine who all the people at the scene were and how they were related to the store owner. It didn't look like the police were well coordinated...but more scrambling to figure things out....but ya, didn't really look like they needed to cuff her. The tv reporter was useless.
Bear70
Call it whatever you want but the problem is YOU weren't there! Everyone are assuming all kinds of crap to form an incident of it their narrative. It's nonsense! The store owners were known to the police. The neighbors were not. It's that simple!
You weren't in the Valley last night. I was and I will be again in a few hours...and tomorrow, and the next day.
Racial injustice is alive and well, no argument.
But stop picking clips and leaving out relevant information.
You're the problem!
A 20 second clip that leaves out minutes of relevant content before and after.
LAPD and LA Sheriff..in fact, most LA County agencies, have operated with great restraint and communication.
Your BS clip is an attempt to undo the goodwill and progress being made in the trenches, on both sides!!!!
WE see the injustice. My badge isn't who I am just as protestors sign isn't who THEY are!
WE are talking to people and working together to overcome this. I see my brothers and sisters working tirelessly to listen and talk.
Clips like the one you shared, and because I have knowledge of it, are bull **** and counter productive to what is actually happening on the streets.
But enjoy your March you social justice warrior!
SRBear
BearForce2
SRBear said:

Justice for George Floyd.
David Dorn & Patrick Underwood who?????
CalFan777
Their lives do matter, but will their deaths be brought up anytime by the Fox News crowd to not score political points? Are messages like this really angry at their deaths? Or are they "look here's some black dead guys too so there!"?
hanky1
Incredible. Remarkable restraint from the cop

BancroftBear93
dajo9 said:

Here's my #WhitePrivilege story I like to share.

A few years back I'm driving a rental car with a young black colleague as a passenger down I-95 through Delaware. Suddenly lights are flashing behind me and I say out loud to nobody, "what am I getting pulled over for"?

Officer pulls me over, stutters a bit (like he's trying to figure out what he did wrong) and tells me I was pulled over for speeding (I was going the flow of traffic, so a little above the speed limit just like everybody else). Then he warns me to stay at the speed limit and lets me go with a warning. Over in a minute. I'm dressed in something like a blue button-down with khaki's. Very plain vanilla, white businessman. As I'm pulling out I say to my black colleague:

Me: I can't believe I got pulled over
Him: You got pulled over because I'm sitting in the car and this rental car has Florida license plates (something I didn't even bother to notice)
Me: Ohh, I didn't think of that.
Him: I can't believe he didn't give you ticket or anything
Me: Oh, I'd have been pissed if he gave me a ticket
Him: <Shakes head in disbelief at the different worlds we live in>
Me: I've been pulled over three times in New Jersey and still haven't gotten a ticket
Him: <Jaw hits the floor>
Truly powerful stuff, thanks for sharing.
BearForce2
CalFan777 said:

Their lives do matter, but will their deaths be brought up anytime by the Fox News crowd to not score political points? Are messages like this really angry at their deaths? Or are they "look here's some black dead guys too so there!"?
All 3 deaths were due to the result of senseless violence. The question is, why is media coverage for David Dorn and Patrick Underwood so minimal in comparison? Because they were cops/security guards? Because there's no video evidence?

CalFan777
I call out liberals who only care about POC and the poor for self serving purposes too (which is most of the mainstream media).
okaydo
BearForce2 said:

CalFan777 said:

This is a silly question, Fox News? Points? All 3 deaths were due to the result of senseless violence. The question is, why is media coverage for David Dorn and Patrick Underwood so minimal in comparison? Because they were cops? Because there's no video evidence?

Because bad people doing thuggish things isn't as newsworthy as people who are supposed to be good like cops doing thuggish things -- acts that would get them arrested if they didn't have a badge.

Maybe you should stop thinking of looters who commit violence and police who commit violence unprovoked as being equivalent.

Maybe you should start respecting cops by holding them to a higher standard than criminals.

BearForce2
okaydo said:

BearForce2 said:

CalFan777 said:

This is a silly question, Fox News? Points? All 3 deaths were due to the result of senseless violence. The question is, why is media coverage for David Dorn and Patrick Underwood so minimal in comparison? Because they were cops? Because there's no video evidence?

Because bad people doing thuggish things isn't as newsworthy as people who are supposed to be good like cops doing thuggish things -- acts that would get them arrested if they didn't have a badge.

Maybe you should stop thinking of looters who commit violence and police who commit violence unprovoked as being equivalent.

Maybe you should start respecting cops by holding them to a higher standard than criminals.

Thou shalt not kill applies to everyone. Are you any less angry if a no name thug kills a loved one vs a cop?

Can't we be angry at both threads, police violence and violent protests? Why should I be more angry at one vs. another? There's an implicit bias somewhere in your question, namely, justifiable violence.
No one here is arguing for the innocence of the Minnesota cop.

hanky1
Are protesters the enemy of the press?

bearister
That guy is well served restricting his assaults to women. A man that knows his limitations. At least he has that.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
A well-placed BI source tells me that is BearForce2 at the 15-second mark.

GBear4Life
In a culture descending into madness, the most basic statements of fact and perspective seem profound.

hanky1
okaydo said:

BearForce2 said:

CalFan777 said:

A crime is a crime whether it's committed by a cop or a looter. You want racial equality? Nothing is more equal than treating everyone the same under the law.
GBear4Life
hanky1 said:

A crime is a crime whether it's committed by a cop or a looter. You want racial equality? Nothing is more equal than treating everyone the same under the law.
You're smart enough to know by now that equality is fundamentally not their aim -- they have great animus towards equality, which by definition deems behavior and competence as the primary variables that differentiate individuals and groups.

The regressive SJW left, which at least in part permeates mainstream Leftism and the Democratic party, want to reverse privilege. The dishonest ones (BI liberals) will cloak this in moralizing language about "equality" and "justice" and "oppression", but the honest ones will tell you straight up: "this is the price of progress."
hanky1
See what Trump means when he says the press is the enemy of the people:

LMK5
In other news, Don Lemon continues to refer to himself as a journalist.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
sycasey
hanky1 said:

okaydo said:

BearForce2 said:

CalFan777 said:

But if the people who are supposed to stop crime are actively committing crimes . . . isn't that worse?
hanky1
This poor woman had her business destroyed by looters and she dares criticize BLM and Twitter has been actively deleting this video. Enemy of the people

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.