Violent protesters thread

27,171 Views | 339 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Blueblood
goldenchild
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thousands of people at Saturday's protests in Berkeley that seemed to take place peacefully without issue. Spotted 8 or so players at the protest lead by the Black Student Union. Safe to assume some of the posters on this thread would have a hard time stomaching our players chanting "defund the police!" Heartened to see a broad swath of players, students, and locals speak out for their beliefs.
BearForce2
ajm9191 said:

Thousands of people at Saturday's protests in Berkeley that seemed to take place peacefully without issue. Spotted close to a dozen players at the protest lead by the Black Student Union. Safe to assume some of the posters on this thread would have a hard time stomaching our players chanting "defund the police!" Also, guess again if you assume who showed up.
Peaceful protest is protected by the 1st Amendment, freedom of expression and assembly, which is sadly being challenged by today's leftists. Defunding police is a policy issue which people are free to take up any position. Players choosing to peacefully protest or siding with a policy issue according to their values is perfectly acceptable. By "players" I"m assuming you're referring to the football or basketball team and not the women's golf team. I don't know what you mean about guessing who showed up, I didn't assume anything.

Blueblood
BearForce2 said:

ajm9191 said:

Thousands of people at Saturday's protests in Berkeley that seemed to take place peacefully without issue. Spotted close to a dozen players at the protest lead by the Black Student Union. Safe to assume some of the posters on this thread would have a hard time stomaching our players chanting "defund the police!" Also, guess again if you assume who showed up.
Peaceful protest is protected by the 1st Amendment, freedom of expression and assembly, which is sadly being challenged by today's leftists. Defunding police is a policy issue which people are free to take up any position. Players choosing to peacefully protest or siding with a policy issue according to their values is perfectly acceptable. By "players" I"m assuming you're referring to the football or basketball team and not the women's golf team. I don't know what you mean about guessing who showed up, I didn't assume anything.

Hey, BearForce2, what time is it in Moscow? We're going to bed here....I think you've had too much coffee with your morning meal?
BearForce2
Blueblood said:

BearForce2 said:

ajm9191 said:

Hey, BearForce2, what time is it in Moscow? We're going to bed here....I think you've had too much coffee with your morning meal?

We're just getting started, come join me.

CalFan777
The BLM movement started under Obama's Presidency. It was never a Democratic Party get-out-the-vote initiative. It seems that way reading twitter and facebook, which is depressing. No matter who wins in November, BLM issues will still be present. Thinking back to 2016, suddenly come 2017, 2018, and 2019, the BLM movement gained much less press attention and support from "liberal" organizations.
GBear4Life
BearForce2 said:

She's confusing the guilty white leftists.

I watched that a few days ago. She embodies the American immigrant ANY country would like to have.
AunBear89
Alexis Johnson (@alexisjreports) Tweeted:
Horrifying scenes and aftermath from selfish LOOTERS who don't care about this city!!!!!

.... oh wait sorry. No, these are pictures from a Kenny Chesney concert tailgate. Whoops.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearNIt
GBear4Life said:

BearForce2 said:

She's confusing the guilty white leftists.

I watched that a few days ago. She embodies the American immigrant ANY country would like to have.
Or maybe she just more comfortable with autocracies that can be found throughout Africa. I have asked Africans who have immigrated here if it is nation before tribe in Africa and they always answer it is tribe that comes before the nation. Understand that one person from Africa agreeing with Captain Catastrophe's position is not an immigrant population's support of that position. Don't forget that he called their home countries ****hole countries. I can assure you that his comments were not forgotten. Many African immigrants have experienced what African Americans have experienced at the hands of the police and support BLM movement because after the immigrant comes over their kids become part of a wider community and aren't recognized as immigrants. They have to deal with the police as African Americans do. When they get pulled over the police don't make the distinction.

It wasn't that long ago that the Irish and Italian immigrant populations had to fight the stigmas that were heaped upon them and in the 1900s the anti-immigrant fervor was enormous and led to lynchings.
GBear4Life
All looters are scum and should be hanged on the courthouse lawn. No matter who the perp is, or for what reason, or what motives, or where.
GBear4Life
BearNIt said:

Don't forget that he called their home countries ****hole countries.
THey are sh**hole countries, relatively speaking. That's why many of them come here. Even though America does have some sh**hole cities and communities, relative to broader America.

Quote:

It wasn't that long ago that the Irish and Italian immigrant populations had to fight the stigmas that were heaped upon them and in the 1900s the anti-immigrant fervor was enormous and led to lynchings.

And yet we don't play the world's largest violin for them...
goldenchild
BearForce2 said:

ajm9191 said:

Yes, football. Although, there were probably more athletes there than just them. Good to hear you don't have built-in assumptions about the kind of players who would attend a Black Lives Matter protest, but there are others who would.
BearNIt
GBear4Life said:

BearNIt said:

Don't forget that he called their home countries ****hole countries.
THey are sh**hole countries, relatively speaking. That's why many of them come here. Even though America does have some sh**hole cities and communities, relative to broader America.

Quote:

And yet we don't play the world's largest violin for them...
Wow that was short-sighted as those groups didn't have to overcome the original sin of this country, slavery.
smh
> Wow that was short-sighted as those groups didn't have to overcome the original sin of this country, slavery.

ummmm, welllll, come on, imo original sin #1 merit is due for the extermination of north / southerm hemi natives / cultures.

or why quibble, lets call it a hall of shame tie?
# good for us // a long list

and coming right up (relatively speaking) a literal show stopping global warming finale

-~~~~~~~~~~~
former siggie, last words by sweet heart penny.. "don't worry, captain hammer will save us"

muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
GBear4Life
Enemy of the people trying their best but Barr gives it the smackdown.
GBear4Life
I think these sweet boys were just out jogging.

BearForce2
GBear4Life said:

I think these sweet boys were just out jogging.

This is Drew Brees' fault.

BearForce2
GBear4Life said:

Enemy of the people trying their best but Barr gives it the smackdown.

Bill Barr caught her on multiple occasions with the misinformation she had in her notes.
Most violent weekend in DC in 30 years, media is hiding this.
Media do not report officers who have been hurt, injured.
Crowd did not move when announcement was made 3 times.
When protesters hurled projectiles at the police, they made their move.
There was no tear gas used on the crowd.

smh

a question for the ages..
Q: whats the difference between a duck?
A: one of its feet are both the same.

there's something strange about bf2 and gb4L. both registered last year within a few weeks of each other. the handles consecutively post more often than the ordinary rabbit. weirdly similar political bent, not that there's anything wrong with that. whats up doc.

what happens if, like suuuper-man, one borrows the others eyeglasses? and so far as i can remember nobody has see y'all in the same room at the same time..

verry interrestink indeed.

due credit: at least BF2 keeps in his lane: Off Topic (95.7%)

smh

a question for the ages..
Q: whats the difference between a duck?
A: one of its feet are both the same.

there's something strange about bf2 and gb4L. both registered last year within a few weeks of each other. the handles consecutively post more often than the ordinary rabbit. weirdly similar political bent, not that there's anything wrong with that. whats up doc.

what happens if, like suuuper-man, one borrows the others eyeglasses? and so far as i can remember nobody has see y'all in the same room at the same time..

verry interrestink indeed.

minor demerits for not staying more focused with Off Topic (57.7%)
going4roses
BearForce2
10 charged with burglary in connection with looting of Milwaukee stores during violent protests.

https://fox6now.com/2020/06/09/10-charged-with-burglary-in-connection-with-looting-of-milwaukee-stores-during-violent-protests/

BancroftBear93
Blueblood
BearForce2 said:

10 charged with burglary in connection with looting of Milwaukee stores during violent protests.

https://fox6now.com/2020/06/09/10-charged-with-burglary-in-connection-with-looting-of-milwaukee-stores-during-violent-protests/

Shoot!...only 10? You should go there, maybe you could help find more?
BearForce2
Blueblood said:

BearForce2 said:

Shoot!...only 10? You should go there, maybe you could help find more?

Charleston Police produce arrest warrants for 18 people from May 30 riot.

https://abcnews4.com/news/local/charleston-police-produce-arrest-warrants-for-18-people-from-may-30-protests
BearForce2
Long Beach police arrested 28 people, cited 56 during Sunday night's looting, unrest.

https://lbpost.com/news/looting-unrest-arrests-total-long-beach-citations
BearForce2
3 members of anti-government group ANTIFA arrested after looting a Target in Austin, FBI says.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/06/06/3-members-of-anti-government-group-antifa-arrested-after-looting-a-target-in-austin-fbi-says/
Blueblood
BearForce2, I know you as a Russian or a snotty nose teen or both (?), that it's hard for you to understand that there are over 340,000,000 U.S. citizens.....why do you dwell upon just a few....are they your friends or you share your gym socks with them??
GBear4Life
These stray animals are just so cute, can I take them home?

hanky1
GBear4Life said:

Black Lives Matter
GBear4Life
hanky1 said:

GBear4Life said:

Black Lives Matter
Reports are the boy didn't kneel
BancroftBear93
Mob mentality in action. The societal version is called democracy.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

H.L. Mencken (may this genius rest in peace)
BearForce2
Blueblood said:

BearForce2, I know you as a Russian or a snotty nose teen or both (?), that it's hard for you to understand that there are over 340,000,000 U.S. citizens.....why do you dwell upon just a few....are they your friends or you share your gym socks with them??
I understand you can hate me and love Popovich while at the same time secretly enjoy my work and that's fine with me. I very well may be a Russian teen or not but that's not important. What's really important Blue is that the greatest enemy of this country is from within. Those telling you this country is systematically racist are off the mark and they will wreck this society while shoving this false statement down your throat.
Blueblood
BancroftBear93 said:

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

H.L.Mencken may be a genius, whether stable or unstable. This I'll agree with you.
I liked him especially as of late because of his following quote: (I assume you agree that this quote is apropos given the present day?)

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
BancroftBear93
Blueblood said:

BancroftBear93 said:

H.L.Mencken may be a genius, whether stable or unstable. This I'll agree with you.
I liked him especially as of late becauseof his right quote, as follows: (I assume you agree that this quote is apropos given the present day?)

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
Yes sir! lol The sad part is, I don't think we're quite there yet.
Blueblood
BearForce2 said:

Blueblood said:

I understand you can hate me [I don't hate you. I wouldn't waste that much of my time in doing so.] and love Popovich [The term "love" is rather strong for the sentiment that I was trying to convey.] while at the same time secretly enjoy my work [I'm sorry what "work?"] and that's fine with me. I very well may be a Russian teen or not but that's not important. [I beg to differ.] What's really important Blue is that the greatest enemy of this country is from within. [Maybe...it depends upon what you and I think that "enemy" is, does it not?] Those telling you this country is systematically racist are off the mark and they will wreck this society while shoving this false statement down your throat. [You have a point there.]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.