COVID disappears Nov 4th?

129,057 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo said:

Don't let the door hit you in the ass in the way out!
Unit2Sucks
Finally figured out who hankyPhD is.

bearister
Does he he give stock tips too?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
COVID: New Zealand uses science to avoid lockdown, wins WHO praise - Axios

https://www.axios.com/covid-new-zealand-science-lockdown-who-b8ed7a91-5008-4ce9-890d-8021e2d6fbb9.html

The top medical brain, Virologist Jemma Geoghegan:

*Do you think we could trade Scott Atlas and some cash for her?

Coronavirus cases are rising higher in the U.S. than in Europe - Axios

https://www.axios.com/us-coronavirus-hotspots-europe-34503e73-d9a4-474d-a427-02163ca4e036.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
bearister
" Jodi Doering, an emergency room nurse in Woonsocket, sees the fall-out from this kind of denial.

"As I'm on my couch with my dog, I can't help but think of the Covid patients the ones that stick out are those who still don't believe the virus is real," she tweeted.

She described patients shouting "that president-elect Joe Biden was 'going to ruin the USA'. All while gasping for breath".

"They call you names and ask why you have to wear all that 'stuff', because they don't have Covid." she said, referring to the personal protective equipment front line healthcare workers wear.

"They stop yelling at you when they get intubated," she added."

South Dakota gripped by pandemic amid Kristi Noem's no-mask approach

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/23/south-dakota-gripped-by-pandemic-amid-kristi-noem-no-mask-approach?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
okaydo

Kaworu
bearister said:

COVID: New Zealand uses science to avoid lockdown, wins WHO praise - Axios

https://www.axios.com/covid-new-zealand-science-lockdown-who-b8ed7a91-5008-4ce9-890d-8021e2d6fbb9.html

The top medical brain, Virologist Jemma Geoghegan:

*Do you think we could trade Scott Atlas and some cash for her?

Coronavirus cases are rising higher in the U.S. than in Europe - Axios

https://www.axios.com/us-coronavirus-hotspots-europe-34503e73-d9a4-474d-a427-02163ca4e036.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
For a second there, I thought I was going to have to see if we had a hard science major on this board explain that article, but I think I understand now. They are able to determine where the person was infected.

Thing is though, shouldn't it be obvious that most of the new cases in New Zealand would be coming from people who are returning from outside of New Zealand. I'm much more interested in what happened with the people who caught it out of the blue after they'd gone something like 90 days with no new infections. That's the part that worries me - that the virus isn't dying out completely.
okaydo

okaydo

bearister
"Have you noticed that no Democratic leader has suffered Covid-19 but Republicans leaders have had more than their fair share?"

This may be the strongest circumstantial evidence yet that there is a God. If their death rate is higher, that seals it.
BearNIt
Over 2,000,000 new positive cases of COVID in the last two weeks. If this keeps up November will likely exceed 4,000,000 new positive COVID cases this month alone. I guess COVID is still here after November 4TH.
okaydo

okaydo
okaydo

bearister
okaydo said:

Take names. Any of them show up at the hospital, no treatment. Be a religious fantastic at your own health risk and on your own nickel. If my parish opens up, it has seen its last check from me (and the goofballs that show up have moths flying out of their wallets when they open them so that won't keep the lights on).

okaydo
bearister
sycasey
bearister said:

Closing outdoor playgrounds does not make sense.
wifeisafurd
bearister said:

"Have you noticed that no Democratic leader has suffered Covid-19 but Republicans leaders have had more than their fair share?"

This may be the strongest circumstantial evidence yet that there is a God. If their death rate is higher, that seals it.

The part about no Democratic leader is bullcrap. Tim Kane, Bob Casey, several senior Democratic House members, some Democratic Governors, etc. all have had COVID.

The GOP leadership (particularly in the federal executive branch) has been much harder hit, and it is because they simply blow-off routine safety procedures and set a stupid example for the public (yes, I know the comment about Newsom is coming, which still doesn't exempt the White House from getting sheet). But no, you had to repeat some actual BS internet rumor which is obviously wrong and lose your credibility, and thus undermine the point you are making. Bearister, has someone taken over your handle?
wifeisafurd
BTW, new order today from LA County. Essentially shutting down any gatherings beyond people you live with until Dec. 20. Things are bad down here.
hanky1
bearister said:

Libs love authoritarian government
AunBear89
'cons love infectious diseases.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
bearister
Fauci in April, 2020:

If US is unprepared for a second wave of coronavirus, Fauci warns country could be in for 'a bad fall and a bad winter' - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/04/29/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html
okaydo
Lol

bearister
This Furd destroyed any credibility or good reputation he had. Why bother to resign now? Just bite down on the capsule in the White House bunker with the rest of the losers.

https://mol.im/a/9003403
okaydo

bearister

Photo: Darryl Dyck/The Canadian Press via AP
dajo9
blungld said:

You know what has disappeared after November 4th? Not COVID, but the obsession with Hunter Biden, the promise that a great new health plan was coming out days after the election, as was an infrastructure plan, and tax returns. Do any of these lies ever register with the trumpers?

The list of false claims made by Trump and his supporters over the past 4 years, made with absolute certainty, that then just go poof without any mea culpa or hesitance about the next totally certain claim is a study in gaslighting and cognitive dissonance. Meanwhile the sane just watch it happen over and over again, point it out, and have to live through the disastrous effects of this national cult.
Not to mention the "caravans" that were gripping the nation in October 2018, which suddenly disappeared. I notice a trend.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
okaydo

okaydo
dimitrig
okaydo said:

"Naughty Events issued wristbands that indicated if an individual had shown paperwork to prove they had antibodies and other wristbands that had the date of the individuals' last negative test result. Attendees were also required to socially distance in lines and wear masks in public spaces, Hannaford wrote, but some attendees admitted to being more lax on the last few days of the convention."

What he learned is that people are stupid and can't follow rules. What he also learned is that a negative COVID-19 test doesn't mean you're not infected and contagious.

bearister
Best article I have read on why testing shouldn't give you any comfort level:

USC's COVID-19 cases a cautionary tale about Pac-12 testing plan

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/30/pac-12-football-uscs-positive-cases-and-testing-trouble-a-lesson-for-other-programs
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/30/pac-12-football-uscs-positive-cases-and-testing-trouble-a-lesson-for-other-programs/amp/

"The Trojans conduct eight tests per week (six antigen, two PCR) and are as transparent as any program in the conference with regard to sharing relevant results...

...Think that through for a moment:
Three negative tests over 36 hours prior to travel, a negative test on game day, and then positive and symptomatic by Monday which likely means the player was symptomatic by Sunday afternoon or evening.
Typically, the amount of virus that's detectable by testing precedes by 24-to-48 hours the amount of virus that's required for symptoms....
...Yet the USC player tested negative repeatedly through Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning and then was symptomatic by Sunday evening.
Had he been tested a few hours later, it might have shown up....

... Here's the testing cadence for the USC player:
Thursday morning: antigen test/negative
Thursday morning: PCR test/ negative (result available Friday)
Friday morning: antigen test/negative
Saturday morning: antigen test/negative
Sunday: no test
Monday morning: symptomatic and positive...

... If a player becomes infected on Wednesday, then he's likely to remain negative through the late-week and pre-game testing, but possibly turn positive and contagious on Saturday afternoon, evening or night...
dimitrig
bearister said:

Best article I have read on why testing shouldn't give you any comfort level:

USC's COVID-19 cases a cautionary tale about Pac-12 testing plan

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/30/pac-12-football-uscs-positive-cases-and-testing-trouble-a-lesson-for-other-programs
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/30/pac-12-football-uscs-positive-cases-and-testing-trouble-a-lesson-for-other-programs/amp/

"The Trojans conduct eight tests per week (six antigen, two PCR) and are as transparent as any program in the conference with regard to sharing relevant results...

...Think that through for a moment:
Three negative tests over 36 hours prior to travel, a negative test on game day, and then positive and symptomatic by Monday which likely means the player was symptomatic by Sunday afternoon or evening.
Typically, the amount of virus that's detectable by testing precedes by 24-to-48 hours the amount of virus that's required for symptoms....
...Yet the USC player tested negative repeatedly through Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning and then was symptomatic by Sunday evening.
Had he been tested a few hours later, it might have shown up....

... Here's the testing cadence for the USC player:
Thursday morning: antigen test/negative
Thursday morning: PCR test/ negative (result available Friday)
Friday morning: antigen test/negative
Saturday morning: antigen test/negative
Sunday: no test
Monday morning: symptomatic and positive...

... If a player becomes infected on Wednesday, then he's likely to remain negative through the late-week and pre-game testing, but possibly turn positive and contagious on Saturday afternoon, evening or night...

"Don't get a false sense of security with Covid-19 testing. Here's why you can test negative but still be infected and contagious."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/11/03/health/covid-test-negative-contagious-wellness/index.html
Big C

All you need to do is look at what happened in the White House in October. Rumor was that Trump-the-wuss stopped getting tested regularly because it was unpleasant, but you KNOW he made everybody else get tested. (Can't you see him slapping Barron in the face -- when Melania wasn't there -- and telling him to man up and get the deep swab?)

Crazy COVID outbreaks, nonetheless.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.