COVID disappears Nov 4th?

129,087 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This video tells you everything you need to know about Trump's early response to COVID.

blungld
You know what has disappeared after November 4th? Not COVID, but the obsession with Hunter Biden, the promise that a great new health plan was coming out days after the election, as was an infrastructure plan, and tax returns. Do any of these lies ever register with the trumpers?

The list of false claims made by Trump and his supporters over the past 4 years, made with absolute certainty, that then just go poof without any mea culpa or hesitance about the next totally certain claim is a study in gaslighting and cognitive dissonance. Meanwhile the sane just watch it happen over and over again, point it out, and have to live through the disastrous effects of this national cult.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
bearister
This further convinces me that Cheeto never had COVID. It was just a play. He does probably have a financial stake in the drug, though.

https://abc7news.com/health/who-panel-advises-against-remdesivir-treatment-for-covid/8116473/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

bearister
Watch Saturday Night Live Highlight: Andrew Ruins Rudy Giuliani's Inaugural Address Cold Open - NBC.com

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/andrew-ruins-rudy-giulianis-inaugural-address-cold-open/2860970
concordtom
Never seen that SNL open before. Pretty good.
I can't wait to see what they do with his running makeup/hair dye.
What a tremendous embarrassment!!!!!!
concordtom
okaydo said:

Fingers crossed.
Yes, I am that TDS deranged!
concordtom
dimitrig said:

concordtom said:

Sent this to my mother-in-law, from SD. Her family is still there and some of them post on FB how masks are an infringement on their freedom.

Looking at Covid stats on John Hopkins' website. Specifically, positivity rate. 5% is the threshold that has long been referenced - anything greater than that tells researchers that the virus is spreading rapidly.

As you may have heard, the national average just crossed 10%. California is at 5%.

I looked at which states had the highest % of tests coming back as positive:

Wyoming is 62.9%
S. Dakota is 57.5%
Iowa is 51.7%
Kansas is 43.8%

Those are simply astounding figures.

Could it be because the only people getting tested are people with symptoms?

In places like CA where we take it seriously lots of people are getting tested regularly regardless of how they feel because their job requires it or because they want to protect their loved ones.

In places that see COVID-19 as a hoax maybe people only get tested once they show up at a doctor.

exactly! And that's really butt stupid!! Nobody is testing, wearing masks, distancing, or contact tracing.
B.A. Bearacus
Feel happy for Jr. that he finally got his wish.

concordtom
hanky1 said:

For those of you who enjoy perspective...
...or not. Just continue to freak out and demand authoritarianism.

No, we voted the authoritarian out - praise be to God.
concordtom
hanky1 said:

bearister said:

Do they have a stat on Young Republican suicides? It seems to be their primary obsession, as opposed to wearing masks and social distancing.
In Sturgis it appeared to be suicide by motorcycle rally. How is that blended into the stats?

339 deaths for those under 60 w/o pre-existing conditions.

You know what you call COVID for that demographic?
The common cold.
Except the young people pass it around to the old people, who die.
DUH!!!
concordtom
bearister said:

hanky1 said:

bearister said:

Do they have a stat on Young Republican suicides? It seems to be their primary obsession, as opposed to wearing masks and social distancing.
In Sturgis it appeared to be suicide by motorcycle rally. How is that blended into the stats?

The common cold.

Well, I know why Sweden is doing what it's doing: The government is on the hook for footing the care bill for the elderly, so why not do some trimming. Now the optics are so bad they are backing off.
Bearister kills 'em on BI every day!
He'll be back again tomorrow, folks!
HOF.
concordtom
sycasey said:

hanky1 said:

bearister said:

The common cold.
The problem is not that young people will die. The problem is that young, healthy people pass it on to older or sicker people and create a bigger public health crisis.

This is not about caring for yourself, it's about having consideration for your fellow man.
Yeah! What he said!
okaydo

concordtom
chazzed said:

sycasey said:

hanky1 said:

bearister said:

The common cold.
The problem is not that young people will die. The problem is that young, healthy people pass it on to older or sicker people and create a bigger public health crisis.

This is not about caring for yourself, it's about having consideration for your fellow man.

Also, in some cases (including young, healthy people with the illness), COVID-19 leaves lingering problems that we do not fully understand at this point.
Or as reminded in these pages recently, a poster wrote that a 40 year old woman they knew died. So, yeah, occasionally.
bearister
If being a moron is a comorbidity, Don, Jr. is a Dead Man Walking.
BearlyCareAnymore
sycasey said:

hanky1 said:

bearister said:

The common cold.

The other problem is by sicker we mean having conditions that like 30-40% of the population have.
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
He's genuinely happy to have received the gift of Covid. One step closer to herd mentality.

hanky1
Science

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
hanky1 said:

Science
I underestimated you, hanky1. Your posts are, in fact, every bit as insightful as those of BearForce2.
BearChemist
B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

Science
I underestimated you, hanky1. Your posts are, in fact, every bit as insightful as those of BearForce2.
You have to be more explicit. Not sure janky is smart enough to pick out the sarcasm.
bearister
An explanation in pictures regarding how tRump got elected POTUS IN 2016 and allegedly garnered 71,000,000 votes in 2020.

Millions will still travel on Thanksgiving despite CDC warnings

https://mol.im/a/8972785

bearister
"The U.S. passed 250,000 confirmed COVID deaths this week, a figure that is truly vast too vast for us to comprehend, Bryan Walsh writes Axios Future.

Why it matters: The psychic numbing that sets in around mass death saps us of our empathy for victims, and discourages us from making the sacrifices needed to control the pandemic.
And it hampers our ability to prepare for other rare but potentially catastrophic risks down the road.
By the numbers: The sheer scale of the U.S. death toll from COVID can be felt in the lengths media organizations have gone to try to put the numbers in perspective. 250,000 deaths is:

Ten times the number of American drivers and passengers who die in car crashes each year, according to CNN.
More than twice the number of American soldiers who died in World War I, according to NPR.
Paul Slovic, a University of Oregon psychology professor who studies human judgment and decision-making, says we have a cognitive bias called "scope neglect":

As the scale of deaths and tragedy grows, our own compassion and concern fail to keep pace. As the title of one of Slovic's papers says: "The more who die, the less we care." Axios

Here's the coronavirus risk for a Thanksgiving dinner with 10 people - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/11/18/map-covid-risk-thanksgiving/
BearNIt
hanky1 said:

bearister said:

The common cold.
Just so there is no confusion, the rate of COVID positive tests has increased which means that hospitalizations have increased which means that the number of deaths will increase. In hospitals all over the country, they are having to convert non-COVID units to COVID units which means that hospitals have to somehow find room for non-COVID patients or delay surgeries that may be needed or were scheduled. At the facility that I am at, we have converted 2 units that were non-COVID to COVID areas increasing the number of ICU beds for COVID patients. This is in addition to the field hospital that has been set up is the parking lot that consists of temporary structures and large generators. This is not even the most pressing issue which is the staff is getting burned out. The number of deaths day after day that is being seen by staff is causing burnout and PTSD. You can increase the number of beds but if you don't have the staff to attend to them it means that care gets rationed.
Unit2Sucks
American Exceptionalism.

bearister
It sure is nice to have access to those drugs reserved for the Illuminati when you contract Covid. For the rest of you chumps that get 'rona, well, a few hundred thousand of you are going to die.

Ben Carson credits Trump for being 'out of the woods' after COVID-19

https://mol.im/a/8973387
oski003
where is this?
oski003
BearNIt said:

hanky1 said:

bearister said:

The common cold.
Just so there is no confusion, the rate of COVID positive test has increased which means that hospitalizations have increased which means that the number of deaths will increase. In hospitals all over the country, they are having to convert non-COVID units to COVID units which means that hospitals have to somehow find room for non-COVID patients or delay surgeries that may be needed or were scheduled. At the facility that I am at, we have converted 2 units that were non-COVID to COVID areas increasing the number of ICU beds for COVID patients. This is in addition to the field hospital that has been set up is the parking lot that consists of temporary structures and large generators. This is not even the most pressing issue which is the staff is getting burned out. The number of deaths day after day that is being seen by staff is causing burnout and PTSD. You can increase the number of beds but if you don't have the staff to attend to them it means that care gets rationed.

Your real experience apparently pails in comparison to someone googling results that confirm their stubborn beliefs that covid 19 is a conspiracy and no worse than the flu. It is unfortunate.
bearister
A season of COVID uncertainty - Axios

https://www.axios.com/season-covid-uncertainty-7558f740-88f8-4934-8686-2e799811a36d.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top
okaydo
okaydo
okaydo
bearister
Brings back the extremely painful memory of the days the Raiders had two former U$C QBs that each had a Heisman ....and neither could play worth jack sh@it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.