COVID disappears Nov 4th?

129,223 Views | 1376 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The term "shot and beer" reminded me of a drinking contest we sponsored when I was a Junior. Contestants sat at a table and had to drink a shot glass of beer every 60 seconds. Last man standing won.

The Rock band we hired was playing a decent cover of In Memory of Elizabeth Reed as I left for my Friday night job in Walnut Creek. When I returned from work at 2:00 am I was advised the winner drank the equivalent of 4 and a half six packs....and 2nd place, a lineman on the football team, was dragged from the table unconscious.......And that's the way it was, Spring Quarter 1975.*

* I just remembered the 2nd place finisher's name and looked him up. This is what it says about him: " ...played football, rugby, wrestled and boxed for the Golden Bears."
But guess what. The day of the drinking contest that stud got bested by a fat drunk.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Maybe they could do a "shot and a beer" type promotion that was more specifically targeted at Republicans.

"Shot and a Beer": Box of ammo and a Coors tall boy. All you need to do is get vaccinated.
AunBear89
B.A. Bearacus said:

Maybe they could do a "shot and a beer" type promotion that was more specifically targeted at Republicans.

"Shot and a Beer": Box of ammo and a Coors tall boy. All you need to do is get vaccinated.
Coors tall boy? What kinda fancy pants librul soy boy are you? A Naty Lite tall boy is more like it. And that ammo better be hollow points...
BearlyCareAnymore
bearister said:

The term "shot and beer" reminded me of a drinking contest we sponsored when I was a Junior. Contestants sat at a table and had to drink a shot glass of beer every 60 seconds. Last man standing won.

The Rock band we hired was playing a decent cover of In Memory of Elizabeth Reed as I left for my Friday night job in Walnut Creek. When I returned from work at 2:00 am I was advised the winner drank the equivalent of 4 and a half six packs....and 2nd place, a lineman on the football team, was dragged from the table unconscious.......And that's the way it was, Spring Quarter 1975.

From the "what's wrong with millennials?" generation
BearForce2

Guess which one is BA?
AunBear89
WOW - you just keep getting more and more stupid with every post. That is the worst false equivalency I've ever seen. But what would we expect from such a stupid poster that relies in equally stupid sources. Come out of your Twitter bubble for a minute or two and read something unbiased and based on facts rather than butt hurt feelings.
bearister
OaktownBear said:

bearister said:

The Rock band we hired was playing a decent cover of In Memory of Elizabeth Reed as I left for my Friday night job in Walnut Creek. When I returned from work at 2:00 am I was advised the winner drank the equivalent of 4 and a half six packs....and 2nd place, a lineman on the football team, was dragged from the table unconscious.......And that's the way it was, Spring Quarter 1975.

From the "what's wrong with millennials?" generation

We were beasts. I'm ashamed...and I even skipped the story about "driving by brail" on the Warren Freeway on return journeys from Mills College.
Big C

California is currently ALONE IN LAST PLACE* of the 50 states for new positive COVID tests per 100,000!

And while we are above average in percent of eligible population to have received at least one vaccination, we will certainly rise further in that ranking, as we have less "vaccine hesitancy" than most any other state.

Looking good for the Golden State!

* "LAST PLACE" might be better termed "FIRST PLACE" for something like this. I mean, this is waaay different than the Cal Basketball teams (both men's and women's) finishing ALONE IN LAST PLACE in the Pac 12 this past season.
Eastern Oregon Bear
bearister said:

The Rock band we hired was playing a decent cover of In Memory of Elizabeth Reed as I left for my Friday night job in Walnut Creek. When I returned from work at 2:00 am I was advised the winner drank the equivalent of 4 and a half six packs....and 2nd place, a lineman on the football team, was dragged from the table unconscious.......And that's the way it was, Spring Quarter 1975.*

* I just remembered the 2nd place finisher's name and looked him up. This is what it says about him: " ...played football, rugby, wrestled and boxed for the Golden Bears."
But guess what. The day of the drinking contest that stud got bested by a fat drunk.
During roughly that same time frame, on the occasions when my dorm had kegs of beer available, there would be a contest among a number of us to see who could drink 200 ounces of beer in 200 minutes. Most failed. I did it twice and failed a few other times. Fortunately none of us were driving afterward. I stopped doing that after being informed the next day that I had been wandering around the dorm at 3 in the morning in my underwear trying to do head stands. All I remembered was going to bed around 2 AM in a highly drunk state. That alarmed me and along with the realization that I was having an industrial grade hangover each time convinced me to just limit it to 3-4 beers max after that. I've really never been much of a drinker since then. I have 1 or 2 beers per year these days.

I don't think I was in close to being in their league, but I would have been closer to the fat drunk than the football player.
B.A. Bearacus
Big C said:

And while we are above average in percent of eligible population to have received at least one vaccination, we will certainly rise further in that ranking, as we have less "vaccine hesitancy" than most any other state.
I think by "less vaccine hesitancy" you mean "a lower ratio of people who voted for Trump twice and are, by definition, lacking critical thinking skills."
bearister
I had a few 16 can nights at Cal...but it would have been stretched over at least 400 minutes. Your pace would have killed me for sure. Thank God drinking shots was a practice well after my time. I stopped the heavy boozing at about 27. One beer works for me now.
Big C
B.A. Bearacus said:

Big C said:

I think by "less vaccine hesitancy" you mean "a lower ratio of people who voted for Trump twice and are, by definition, lacking critical thinking skills."

Yes, it was a euphemism of sorts, lol.

Although, I think even our Democrats are more likely to get vaccinated than those in many other states. I saw a color coded US map -- the question was something like "Are you likely or very likely to get the vaccine?" -- and California really stood out. Up to now it's just been the logistics of getting the vaccine out there to those who want it, but now we're going to start to see that the states with more people who want it are really going to pull away.

Rooting for California is just ingrained in me at this point: I'm too fine a fellow to want to see MORE people in Texas get COVID, but I definitely want to see LESS people in California get it!
dimitrig
Big C said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Big C said:

Yes, it was a euphemism of sorts, lol.

Although, I think even our Democrats are more likely to get vaccinated than those in many other states. I saw a color coded US map -- the question was something like "Are you likely or very likely to get the vaccine?" -- and California really stood out. Up to now it's just been the logistics of getting the vaccine out there to those who want it, but now we're going to start to see that the states with more people who want it are really going to pull away.

Rooting for California is just ingrained in me at this point: I'm too fine a fellow to want to see MORE people in Texas get COVID, but I definitely want to see LESS people in California get it!

Just wait until the vaccine turns us all into undead zombies and those people in Texas with all the guns save the rest of the world from us!

BearForce2
BearForce2
bearister
hanky1
Science!!!!!

hanky1
No, there never has been a group of Americans like this

BearForce2
B.A. Bearacus
hanky1 said:

You sound really freaked out. Is there something you would desperately like to do this weekend that you cannot?

Here's the spirit of hanky1 after he refused to wear a mask in a market this week:

AunBear89
When have you MAGAts ever cared about science?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
B.A. Bearacus
SF jammin'.

Yogi361
B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

You sound really freaked out. Is there something you would desperately like to do this weekend that you cannot?

Here's the spirit of hanky1 after he refused to wear a mask in a market this week:

I like the spirit at the ending of this video. "**** Joe Biden. **** liberals." I have said both things often in the last year.

I have wondered since the CDC changed their outside guidelines and there are still plenty of people outside still wearing their masks just exactly what it is they're waiting for before taking them off. A medal?
AunBear89
You like screaming white male privilege with no real point to make? Gee - I wonder why?

SockPuppets gonna SockPuppet.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearForce2
hanky1 said:

Science!!!!!

BearForce2
Eastern Oregon Bear
LeninBear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

I like the spirit at the ending of this video. "**** Joe Biden. **** liberals." I have said both things often in the last year.

I have wondered since the CDC changed their outside guidelines and there are still plenty of people outside still wearing their masks just exactly what it is they're waiting for before taking them off. A medal?

Why does it bother you so much that other people are wearing masks outdoors? How does it affect you? It seems to me that it's their own choice and their own business. I can't see any harm in it.
AunBear89
Because YogiHydra is the most judgmental person you will ever meet. He's been that way since his first day on cyberbears.org. He has opinions about everything and everyone, snd if you don't completely agree with him, he thinks you're an idiot. SOP for YogiHydra.
B.A. Bearacus

BearlyCareAnymore
The Mask said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

LeninBear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

Why does it bother you so much that other people are wearing masks outdoors? How does it affect you? It seems to me that it's their own choice and their own business. I can't see any harm in it.
It doesn't bother me and there isn't any harm in it. But there's also no point to it.

Now, if you haven't banned dancing yet, on with the show.

The CDC guidelines are that everyone should where a mask in large crowds outside.

People who are not fully vaccinated should where a mask outside in small gatherings unless everyone else is fully vaccinated. Small gatherings doesn't mean a planned party.

No one needs to where a mask if they are just walking or running or biking.

Fully vaccinated means 2 weeks after your second shot. A majority of those over 16 even in highly vaccinated areas do not meet that standard.

Personally, I'm not that concerned about a small gathering outdoors with the current rates in California, But basically, under the CDC guidelines a majority of people should be wearing a mask if they are outside and having more than incidental contact with people who are unvaccinated or not in their household. So plenty of people outside with masks are not looking for a medal, they are following the guideline.

Beyond that, I would expect that you will see masks for a long time. Many people in Asia where masks either all the time or during flu season because they are used to it and it does reduce your chance of getting sick. Frankly, I don't see the hardship in wearing a mask, so if someone wants to add mask wearing to things like washing hands to reduce their chance of getting the flu or of getting a non-deadly version of Covid - as the vaccines do not entirely remove your risk of getting sick but do have a very high efficacy in keeping you from getting very sick - I don't see the issue with that.
Big C
OaktownBear said:

The Mask said:

LeninBear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

It doesn't bother me and there isn't any harm in it. But there's also no point to it.

The CDC guidelines are that everyone should where a mask in large crowds outside.

People who are not fully vaccinated should where a mask outside in small gatherings unless everyone else is fully vaccinated. Small gatherings doesn't mean a planned party.

Fully vaccinated means 2 weeks after your second shot. A majority of those over 16 even in highly vaccinated areas do not meet that standard.

Personally, I'm not that concerned about a small gathering outdoors with the current rates in California, But basically, under the CDC guidelines a majority of people should be wearing a mask if they are outside and having more than incidental contact with people who are unvaccinated or not in their household. So plenty of people outside with masks are not looking for a medal, they are following the guideline.

Beyond that, I would expect that you will see masks for a long time. Many people in Asia where masks either all the time or during flu season because they are used to it and it does reduce your chance of getting sick. Frankly, I don't see the hardship in wearing a mask, so if someone wants to add mask wearing to things like washing hands to reduce their chance of getting the flu or of getting a non-deadly version of Covid - as the vaccines do not entirely remove your risk of getting sick but do have a very high efficacy in keeping you from getting very sick - I don't see the issue with that.

The not-uncommon wearing of masks will be one of the legacies of this pandemic. I used to think people wearing the masks were germaphobe weirdos. In the future, I'll just think, "oh, it's cold/flu season and maybe they even have some symptoms." Especially on public transit and places like that. Good for them. I might do it myself, depending.
82gradDLSdad
Big C said:

OaktownBear said:

The Mask said:

LeninBear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

The not-uncommon wearing of masks will be one of the legacies of this pandemic. I used to think people wearing the masks were germaphobe weirdos. In the future, I'll just think, "oh, it's cold/flu season and maybe they even have some symptoms." Especially on public transit and places like that. Good for them. I might do it myself, depending.

Well said.
AunBear89
Big C said:

OaktownBear said:

The Mask said:

LeninBear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

There will also be an increase of MAGAbillies verbally and/or physically attacking mask wearers. It happens now during the pandemic, so there is no reason to assume that it won't continue.

"It's a muzzle, not a mask! Freedumb!"
sycasey
Big C said:

OaktownBear said:

The Mask said:

LeninBear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

I legit hate wearing a mask all the time so now that I'm vaccinated I will not do it when it's not required. But I also won't hassle anyone else who wants to, because what's the point in that?
dimitrig
sycasey said:

Big C said:

OaktownBear said:

The Mask said:

LeninBear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

hanky1 said:

I legit hate wearing a mask all the time so now that I'm vaccinated I will not do it when it's not required. But I also won't hassle anyone else who wants to, because what's the point in that?

There are people with compromised immune systems out there whether it is because they are undergoing chemo or something else. It's not all about COVID.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.