Meanwhile in capital hill

105,917 Views | 1277 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
going4roses
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMe8TTVjb/

This is what it is all about
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
chazzed
"Three Percenter Truck at Capitol on Jan. 6 Belongs to Hitler-Quoting Rep's Husband"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rep-mary-millers-husband-owns-three-percenter-militia-truck-at-capitol-riot?ref=scroll
Econ For Dummies
BlueAnon said:

Risable is one of my favorite words
okaydo
Unit2Sucks
Maybe now that Trump is president again he will pardon that loser. It's March 4, so the RWNJs think Trump is president again right?
okaydo

dajo9
Justice
bearister
What Does National Security Even Mean Anymore, After January 6th and the Pandemic? | The New Yorker

https://www.newyorker.com/news/letter-from-bidens-washington/what-does-national-security-even-mean-anymore-after-january-6th-and-the-pandemic
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeMy3Kpv/

But will it make any difference at the end of the day
bearister
okaydo said:

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time you whiny little b@itch.
going4roses
bearister said:

okaydo said:

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time you whiny little b@itch.

The assumption that white privilege will protect them is ingrained to the core
going4roses
going4roses
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMerfamwa/

Rioter aka Trump staffer w/ top secret clearance

This country is *****ed
bearister
Lincoln should have let General Sherman eliminate the ancestors of all those evil people.

concordtom
going4roses said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMerfamwa/

Rioter aka Trump staffer w/ top secret clearance

This country is forked
I agree with you after listening to this interview of the Q Shaman and his mother.
60Minutes+, not on your regular broadcast. Worth watching.

concordtom
Very good 12 Minutes on Jake Angeli Chansley
Actually, it's a lot more interesting that just Jake. Lots of kooks on here, including the guy yelling "Biden raped his daughter!" My god, where do these people get this stuff?
We are, indeed, Forked.

concordtom
Washington Post report from Jan 16:

concordtom
4 Americans died in Benghazi
5 Americans died in DC

How many hearings did the Republicans hold to try and destroy Hillary?

*******s. Absolute *******s.

It's amazing to me how soon this has become an old and forgotten story.

concordtom
Wow.
This is pretty damned horrifying!

She is a total idiot. That fence was created to protect her and her colleagues from the very people that she incites.

I went to confirm my assumption that she had no college.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered she didn't even finish high school either.

concordtom
bearister said:

Lincoln should have let General Sherman eliminate the ancestors of all those evil people.

Dude. This is an extremely insane posit.
You're talking genocide?
going4roses
concordtom said:

bearister said:

You're talking genocide?

Interesting you bring up genocide ... because one could argue (with empirical evidence) that there is a demographic of the American population that is systematically being terrorized/imprisoned/murdered etc etc with absolutely no tangible recourse whatsoever. Now are all of those people from the south of course not but at this point systematic racism (white Supremacy) has been ingrained/ intertwined in every fabric of Americana. Hence what we saw on capital hill and also in the chambers of the Representatives and Senate.

Without proper agitation American history will remain soiled until admittance, atonement and repair are addressed in full
concordtom
going4roses said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

You're talking genocide?

Interesting you bring up genocide ... because one could argue (with empirical evidence) that there is a demographic of the American population that is systematically being terrorized/imprisoned/murdered etc etc with absolutely no tangible recourse whatsoever. Now are all of those people from the south of course not but at this point systematic racism (white Supremacy) has been ingrained/ intertwined in every fabric of American. Hence what we saw on capital hill and also in the chambers of the Representatives and Senate.

Without proper agitation American history will remain soiled until admittance, atonement and repair are addressed in full
Oh, believe you me, I'm very much in favor of agitation for change. Peaceful, nonviolent, non-damaging agitation, that is. And certainly you've read my posts enough to know that.

But he was talking about a governmental policy aimed at burning down and "eliminating" people.
I know Bearister well enough here on these pages to know that he was just speaking in jest, that he would choose his words differently (will do so, in fact) now that I've pointed out the "mis-speak". He's a friend, and I'm not attacking him. Just pointing out, "I think you meant to say something different here."

There is no defense of "eliminate the ancestors". It was a goof of typing. I'm just pointing that out. Let's just turn the quip a little bit.

I'm into genealogy and though my ancestors were from the north and in the battle to defeat slavery, my best friend's family comes from the south and they had tobacco land. No doubt, they were slave owners back in time, which is appalling to my best friend, because he married interracially and is completely embarrassed by this family history. He is a wonderful guy who has brought me much joy and laughter in life. If his ancestors had been finished off by General Sherman, I'd never had had this best friend since 9th grade. And for what? He did nothing wrong, and he stands united with the agitation for change you speak of. So, there!
concordtom
What would you do?

Set up scene with a pro-trump actor approached by an anti-trump business owner:

In this 2nd one, the roles are reversed. Anti-Trump diner told to change the shirt by pro-trump restaurant owner:

Me?
Scene 1: I would have said nothing to the hat owner or the owner, because I'm not sure it's right to kick someone out for that.
Scene 2: I would have to the Impeach Trump guy that I f'ing hate Trump, too. And I probably would have left and not financially supported a Trump-owned business.

Question 3: If I owned a restaurant, and Sarah Sanders came in to eat, would I want to entertain her for the evening? NO! Would I kick her out? Glad I don't own a restaurant, because I wouldn't be able to stand to have lying GQP filth Leaders in my shop.

These are all interesting questions. What do you guys think?
What would YOU do?
bearister
Then I will put it this way:

An elite commando unit going South now and again after the Civil War and kicking arse until both shoes got sh@itty would have done a world of good for those redneck POS. I do believe it would have "brought religion to the heathen," so to speak.

On June 10, 1963, President John F. Kennedy federalized National Guard troops and deployed them to the University of Alabama to force its desegregation. Does anyone out there know when the last time was prior to that date that we brandished weapons at those Southern SOBs? I bet it was quite a spell.
concordtom
bearister said:

An elite commando unit going South now and again after the Civil War and kicking arse until both shoes got sh@itty would have done a world of good for those redneck POS. I do believe it would have "brought religion to the heathen," so to speak.

On June 10, 1963, President John F. Kennedy federalized National Guard troops and deployed them to the University of Alabama to force its desegregation. Does anyone out there know when the last time was prior to that date that we brandished weapons at those Southern SOBs? I bet it was quite a spell.
Or how about this:

Rather than Sherman burning down the South, or commandos going down and kicking azz, how about instead we simply not make the Compromise of 1876 and remove troops in the south, not end the brief Reconstruction Era - rather continue and expand those reforms BACK THEN so that today there is no need for U of AL 1963, no need for Affirmative Action, no need for BLM protests.

And I'd rather give a swirly of public shame than kick azz.
dajo9
concordtom said:

bearister said:

Or how about this:

Rather than Sherman burning down the South, or commandos going down and kicking azz, how about instead we simply not make the Compromise of 1876 and remove troops in the south, not end the brief Reconstruction Era - rather continue and expand those reforms BACK THEN so that today there is no need for U of AL 1963, no need for Affirmative Action, no need for BLM protests.

And I'd rather give a swirly of public shame than kick azz.

Unfortunately, white people (even in the North) did not support equality for blacks in 1876. Reconstruction was doomed to fail because it had little support. Props to General Grant for giving it a go though.
American Vermin
bearister
Hey, this is our fantasy world, we're making the rules!
dajo9
bearister said:

It was a great opportunity for an institution that is supposed to defend the minority (like the Senate or the Supreme Court) to have done something to show why we need them, but I guess no.
American Vermin
concordtom
dajo9 said:

bearister said:

It was a great opportunity for an institution that is supposed to defend the minority (like the Senate or the Supreme Court) to have done something to show why we need them, but I guess no.
My post a little while ago was a great opportunity to say, "you're right - we don't ACTUALLY want to carpet bomb the entire south.
dajo9
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

bearister said:

My post a little while ago was a great opportunity to say, "you're right - we don't ACTUALLY want to carpet bomb the entire south.

You're talking to the wrong person. My ancestor served under Sherman. He was in Atlanta when it burned.
American Vermin
okaydo
bearister
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

bearister said:

Fletcher : Damn you, Senator. You promised me those men would be decently treated.

Senator Lane : They were decently treated. They were decently fed and then they were decently shot. Those men are common outlaws, nothing more.

concordtom
dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

bearister said:

You're talking to the wrong person.
Correct. I was talking to my virtual cyber friend, Bearister.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

My ancestor served under Sherman. He was in Atlanta when it burned.
Any family notes, journals, memories passed down?
concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

bearister said:

Fletcher : Damn you, Senator. You promised me those men would be decently treated.

Senator Lane : They were decently treated. They were decently fed and then they were decently shot. Those men are common outlaws, nothing more.

I'm against classifying and condemning an entire group of people like that - except TrumpubliQans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.