Meanwhile in capital hill

103,832 Views | 1277 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

RIP

Last post before she became a martyr:

Left out the part she was a 14 year veteran and unarmed.

She faced the consequences for participating in a terrorist event against her country.
NYCGOBEARS
MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

RIP

She was a traitor to her oath and country.
chazzed
OaktownBear said:

Unit2Sucks said:

OaktownBear said:

hanky1 said:

OaktownBear said:

hanky1 said:

You own this

I hate rioting of all types - this one and the last one. I called out the rioting in Seattle and Portland while many of you clowns were defending them. Now you are calling out this rioting but never did the ones on the NW. atleast I'm consistent. You guys are just hypocrites.
You haven't called this out. You have just claimed false equivalencies to justify them. You own it. You aren't a hypocrite. You are a troll, but most of all you are a despicable, immoral person. A woman is in critical condition after being shot in the Capitol. A bomb has been found outside the Capitol building. You have just confirmed what many have known for a long time. You are an inhuman piece of shyte.
You realize that you are giving hanky exactly what he wants right? Don't make the mistake of believing that hanky ever posts in good faith. He's a poor man's troll posting here only to get a rise out of you.

It's perfectly fine to ridicule him for being a pathetic troll who posts things that only an idiot would believe, but don't mistake his weak game to believe he has a personal stake in anything he says. That's literally the only reason he posts.
Calling him a troll is minimizing his behavior. I don't believe he is a troll. I believe he uses trolling as a disguise for his actual intent. And if he is a troll, it doesn't excuse what he says. He should be treated as if his words and deeds are meant seriously

You've convinced me. I will not look upon his posts as those of a simple troll.
going4roses
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJWnsTb3/

The capital police let them in
okaydo
heartofthebear
hanky1 said:

dajo9 said:

hanky1 said:

These two right here are some of the stupidest among us

It hurts to look in the mirror right?
How would you know?
B.A. Bearacus

At least four people will not be around to see the completion of this coup.
okaydo
dimitrig
going4roses said:

15 arrests in DC today. 6 arrests at a demonstration in LA today.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo
dimitrig said:

going4roses said:

15 arrests in DC today. 6 arrests at a demonstration in LA today.

At least they're starting to arrest the true enemies of the people.

heartofthebear
Looking back on our history, I get the feeling that, with regard to our 2 most historic wars (the revolutionary war and the civil war), some folks in this country want a rematch. I guess they feel that the wrong side won. I shudder to think what the last 200+ years would have looked like had one of the other sides won. So I'm not sure what the motivation is. But crazy is as crazy does.
dimitrig
heartofthebear said:

Looking back on our history, I get the feeling that, with regard to our 2 most historic wars (the revolutionary war and the civil war), some folks in this country want a rematch. I guess they feel that the wrong side won. I shudder to think what the last 200+ years would have looked like had one of the other sides won. So I'm not sure what the motivation is. But crazy is as crazy does.

For all the hand-wringing and media coverage today's riot was not really a big deal compared to what might have been. A few hundred people, maybe a thousand, managed to enter the Capitol with the assistance - or incompetence - of the police.

This could have been a call to arms for Trump supporters across the US and it wasn't. Americans are pretty much United in opposition to what occurred.

Trump threw a match on the gunpowder and found out it was wet.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus

okaydo
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

The odd thing about the right blaming Antifa is that even the president isn't buying that.

And if it was really antifa, wouldn't he be denouncing them?
Sebastabear
In keeping with my fall of Rome theme

NYCGOBEARS
Sebastabear said:

hanky1
Sebastabear said:

I'm fascinated why someone would dress like that and storm a building. It sounds like...

...something I would do as a joke.
okaydo
If pence is president for 12 days, does he get lifetime secret service protection?
hanky1
dimitrig said:

heartofthebear said:

For all the hand-wringing and media coverage today's riot was not really a big deal compared to what might have been. A few hundred people, maybe a thousand, managed to enter the Capitol with the assistance - or incompetence - of the police.

This could have been a call to arms for Trump supporters across the US and it wasn't. Americans are pretty much United in opposition to what occurred.

Trump threw a match on the gunpowder and found out it was wet.

The Republic still stands.

okaydo
In just over 3 months, the White House and the US Capitol were breached.

Now imagine if foreign terrorists tried to do damage.

golden sloth
After being tied up with work for most of the day. It seems as though:

1. Trump provoked the crowd and told them to go to the Capitol building.
2. The crowd turned into a mob, and with surprising ease got entry to the building.
3. They wandered around trashing the place for a while (I'm curious to know how the deaths happened).
4. Other states had mobs attempt to storm their buildings.
5. Law Enforcement came and cleared the Capitol.
6. Biden was certified.

Thoughts:
1. If the goal was a coup, there were sporadic outbreaks nationally, but nothing serious ever got close to materializing.
2. Those in charge of Security at the Capitol & for the protest need to explain why there was such little resistance.
3. I fully reject the idea this was antifa.
4. The comparisons to the BLM movement are dumb and should be disregarded.
5. The speculation of how the police would have responded if this was a BLM protest is dumb and should be disregarded.
6. Minus a few Trumpers, nothing really changed.
7. The 25th amendment invoking is not going to happen, and security needs to be prepared at the inauguration.

Additional Thoughts Based on Watching Too Many Movies:
1. This would be great cover if someone wanted to infiltrate and destroy or steal key documents from the Capitol building. Potentially damning or sensitive documents.
2. This is great cover for some Republican congressmen to have an inflection point and now distance themselves from Trump.

Final Thought:
1. Trump may be a man without a country, but he has a nation, and Trump nation ain't leaving.
Unit2Sucks
NYCGOBEARS said:

MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

RIP

I would like to hear more about the story. Why was only one shot fired and why was she singled out? She was likely a garden variety seditionist who lost her life by failing to abide by lawful orders from law enforcement during her participation in a violent insurrection. But I do wonder why she was shot where so many went unharmed.

Separate question: as an insurrectionist, would she be ineligible for a military funeral? I sure hope so.
going4roses
Rep Scott Perry of Pennsylvania is upset why ?
B.A. Bearacus
hanky1
going4roses said:

okaydo
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo
Unit2Sucks said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

RIP

I would like to hear more about the story. Why was only one shot fired and why was she singled out? She was likely a garden variety seditionist who lost her life by failing to abide by lawful orders from law enforcement during her participation in a violent insurrection. But I do wonder why she was shot where so many went unharmed.

Separate question: as an insurrectionist, would she be ineligible for a military funeral? I sure hope so.

Link to the video. Warning: It's graphic. Also. There's a graphic picture of her being carried out in this thread.
going4roses
Now if they were black people what would have happened?
hanky1
THis makes me happy even if most of you clowns don't understand

AunBear89
You left out the part "She should have complied!" But that's because you are a garden variety MAGAt hypocrite.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.