Meanwhile in capital hill

105,931 Views | 1277 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by concordtom
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

My ancestor served under Sherman. He was in Atlanta when it burned.
Any family notes, journals, memories passed down?

He wrote a journal in his later years. He started with a lot of gusto and wrote a lot about the first few years in Tennessee and Corinth, MS. He petered out towards the end and glossed over the Atlanta campaign and March To The Sea. Sherman's army (and his regiment) paraded down Washington DC before going home but he doesn't even mention it. I do love that journal and have read it many times. When I retire I plan to road trip his path. He came close to death at Parker's Crossroads and if he had you all wouldn't have dajo9 to kick around.
American Vermin
bearister
Even Trump's Defense Secretary During the Capitol Riot Blames Him for Inciting It

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wx83v4/even-trumps-defense-secretary-during-the-capitol-riot-blames-him-for-inciting-it
going4roses
bearister said:

Even Trump's Defense Secretary During the Capitol Riot Blames Him for Inciting It

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wx83v4/even-trumps-defense-secretary-during-the-capitol-riot-blames-him-for-inciting-it

Duh
No trump no capital riot.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

He wrote a journal in his later years. He started with a lot of gusto and wrote a lot about the first few years in Tennessee and Corinth, MS. He petered out towards the end and glossed over the Atlanta campaign and March To The Sea. Sherman's army (and his regiment) paraded down Washington DC before going home but he doesn't even mention it. I do love that journal and have read it many times. When I retire I plan to road trip his path. He came close to death at Parker's Crossroads and if he had you all wouldn't have dajo9 to kick around.

Great story add. Glad he lived.
If you have a photo of him, post it here.
dajo9
concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

concordtom said:

dajo9 said:

Great story add. Glad he lived.
If you have a photo of him, post it here.

No photo but he wrote about a guy who was executed by firing squad for going awol and then fighting with Confederates. There are pictures of that scene on the interwebs. Cool to know he was there (for me at least).
American Vermin
bearister

"You tell'em Uncle Billy is coming for them, and HELL IS COMING WITH HIM!"
concordtom
Funny - you are currently hooked as much on Razing the South as I am on Razing Mar a Lago.
But, hey, that's in the South, too, right?
dajo9
bearister said:

"You tell'em Uncle Billy is coming for them, and HELL IS COMING WITH HIM!"

That's us. My family is hell!
American Vermin
concordtom
Good article on all the idiots being arrested.

Psychologists have long observed how individuals in frenzied crowds seem to lose their sense of individual responsibility and become willing to engage in anti-social behavior they'd never contemplate on their own.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/capitol-riot-suspects-apologize-consequences-100425147.html

a judge who denied Chansley's bid to be released from jail had questioned whether the Arizona man was still under Trump's spell, pointing out Chansley said in a CBS "60 Minutes+" interview that he didn't regret his loyalty to Trump.
bearister
Police officers sue Donald Trump for injuries resulting from Capitol riot

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/31/police-officers-sue-donald-trump-injuries-capitol-riot?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Tough civil case for tRump. The standard of proof is less and unanimous jury verdict not required. Add to that the fact he cannot afford to have his deposition taken because it can be used in any criminal case. He is basically f'd. He will have to use campaign contributions to settle it.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
Breaking: Trump's current position that the election was a fraud directly caused someone to ram into two cops outside the Capitol with their car. Florida man arrested.

bearister
With regard to the attacker, it looks like someone just saved the taxpayers a lot of money.

concordtom
ANOTHER CAPITOL POLICE OFFICER HAS BEEN KILLED - NO DOUBT BY ANOTHER TRUMP-FOX-Q-WACKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHAME ON ALL YOU TRUMP SUPPORTERS!!!!!
YOU ALSO HAVE BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS.
YES, I MEAN YOU. FOR SUPPORTING A PERSON WHO HAS CAUSED ALL THESE HORRIBLE THINGS.
chazzed
As usual, Republicans have been proven wrong. Clearly, security at the Capitol needs to remain beefed up.
bearister
He brandished a knife, not a gun, which is un hillbilly like.

Two Capitol cops injured after car smashes barrier

https://mol.im/a/9431125
concordtom
bearister said:

No matter.
Henceforth, all violence will be assigned to Trump and Fox.
(precisely as they assign all violence to radical BLM Antifa protestors.)
bearister
Attacker identified in this updated story.

MinotStateBeav
concordtom said:

ANOTHER CAPITOL POLICE OFFICER HAS BEEN KILLED - NO DOUBT BY ANOTHER TRUMP-FOX-Q-WACKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, I MEAN YOU. FOR SUPPORTING A PERSON WHO HAS CAUSED ALL THESE HORRIBLE THINGS.
Saving this for posterity.
kelly09
MinotStateBeav said:

concordtom said:

YUPANOTHER CAPITOL POLICE OFFICER HAS BEEN KILLED - NO DOUBT BY ANOTHER TRUMP-FOX-Q-WACKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YUP. That's our Tom and Bearister.
Anarchistbear
390 million guns in this country and our "insurrectionists" insist on overthrowing the government with bear spray, knives and goat horns
concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

concordtom said:

Please do.
And pile on top of it a serving of Sydney Powell, Mo Brooks, Rudy Giuliani, Don Jr., Ted Cruz, Lindsay Graham, et al the Trump apologists!

Look at y'all, just sittin' there watching the hell hole show below you.

concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

390 million guns in this country and our "insurrectionists" insist on overthrowing the government with bear spray, knives and goat horns
Oh, so you're telling me that we can raid the capitol so long as it's not with guns???

Oh, but wait... what about the storming of the Michigan capitol?
Plenty of guns there:

How bad does it need to get before you.... Oh, never mind. You're name is Anarchy - you're just waiting for it.

A little 60's.
A little psychodelics.
A little old age conservatism.
A little nostalgia.
Maybe that's the recipe?

BearForce2
Anarchistbear said:

And fire extinguishers. Oh wait....
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
concordtom said:

bearister said:

No matter.
Henceforth, all violence will be assigned to Trump and Fox.
(precisely as they assign all violence to radical BLM Antifa protestors.)

If the black extremist had a MAGA hat in his car, would that make you feel better?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
dajo9
MSNBC had a really good recap of what happened at the January 6 insurrection on Sunday night. Highly recommend if you can watch it.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus

MinotStateBeav
B.A. Bearacus said:

You weenies love Liz Chaney so much, you can make her a democrat. Take her.
Eastern Oregon Bear
MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

It's more fun watching Republicans turning on each other. It makes it that much harder for the GOP to get control of legislative bodies.
B.A. Bearacus
MinotStateBeav said:

Noted that you believe Trump that the election was stolen from him. Thought you were a little smarter than that.
MinotStateBeav
B.A. Bearacus said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Noted that you believe Trump that the election was stolen from him. Thought you were a little smarter than that.
I believe there should have been audits with signature verification. There was no reason not to do them. Unprecedented amounts of mail in votes should have made that mandatory.
MinotStateBeav
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

It's more fun watching Republicans turning on each other. It makes it that much harder for the GOP to get control of legislative bodies.
I mean you're already pals with ex-heads of CIA and FBI, add the progeny of dick cheney's tumor to your party. There's no turning on each other, Cheney has been censured in Wyoming already and by months end will be stripped of her committee assignment.
bearister
Kevin McCarthy, yet another Republican that has "mediocre man" etched on his face and in his words like Jim Jordan, Mitch McConnell, Rand Paul, Ron Johnson, Devin Nunes and Louisiana's own, John Kennedy. These are men, that if they approached you as salesmen in a used car lot, you would not trust doing business with them. These are men that you can envision interviewing for the job vacancy left by Jerry Falwell Jr.....and then getting into similar trouble if they were hired.

AunBear89
MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

A true Cal fan NEVER calls another Cal fan a weenie. If you don't know why, then you suck as much as a Cal fan as you do as a patriot.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
B.A. Bearacus
It's May 2021. Reminder that this couple is representative of a majority of Republicans -- and all the Republican posters in Off Topic, with maybe one exception.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.