UC Aggies vs UC Bears Football Opener Game Thread

38,131 Views | 547 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by calumnus
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Grigsby said:

Tedford beat UC Davis 52-3 with a 5-7 team ... just saying

Plough! Tedford might have faced a true frosh QB when the senior starter QB decided to spread The Word for the Lord.

Larison a stud.
BadNewsBear1
Golden One said:

Wilcox really has balls to put this ****ty team on the field, collect $5 million each year and show his face in public.

And act like everything's OK
Strykur
UC Davis had 2 guys versus 1 defender on the left and didn't even look that way, incredible
glb78
Sounded like a nice Pic.
kirklandblue
Changed to a 3-3-5 defense?
Grigsby
Literally have no clue what the plan is on offense.
BadNewsBear1
Nice to see the OL is in mid season form.
MTbear22
Offense is brutal
Bear_Territory
Someone explain the OL?
glb78
Unbelievable. I can't relapse.
Strykur
Are gonna see a toss or sweep at all today
Goof Ball Bear
Nor does the staff...
golden sloth
Another 3 and out. Bloesch's o line is looking terrible.
BadNewsBear1
This program in an absolute joke
01Bear
Grigsby said:

This is the second game with Bloesch as OC, I am completely unimpressed. It's not too early to move on from him.
JimSox
Bear_Territory said:

Someone explain the OL?

I can. They can't block.
Goof Ball Bear
Yes, the OL is piss poor.
01Bear
Bear_Territory said:

Someone explain the OL?

They're coached by someone who should be coaching high school JV ball.
golden sloth
Also, I'm not a fan of plough's mustache.
touchdownbears43
Who the TF is our genius OC with NO PLAYS FOR OTT.
eabandit
Hey guys, remember when we beat North Texas last year in our season opener 58-21?
john.olsonjr
Just astounding that our offensive line can't stop a junior varsity defensive line or even give our quarterback time
Holmoephobic
golden sloth said:

Cal88 said:

Too many new players, team is out of sync.

Overall, I'm not that worried. What I'm most worried about is the fact I dont remember one pass to our top two wide receivers and the defensive backs are letting the Aggies pass on us.

I'm sorry nobody taught you what a good football team is supposed to look like. You should be incredibly concerned and the fact that you're not exposes your understanding of the game. This season is going to be tough for you.
BadNewsBear1
john.olsonjr said:

Just astounding that our offensive line can't stop a junior varsity defensive line or even give our quarterback time

But they're rushing so many guys!!!
golden sloth
01Bear said:

Grigsby said:

This is the second game with Bloesch as OC, I am completely unimpressed. It's not too early to move on from him.

Just remember how much better the offense looked in the final games of 2022 once Musgrave was fired.
cal93
This is worse than the Nevada debacle when CMS reopened. If this isn't a wake-up call for Lyons to clean house in the AD, I don't know what is.
john.olsonjr
Hahahaha.
golden sloth
Holmoephobic said:

golden sloth said:

Cal88 said:

Overall, I'm not that worried. What I'm most worried about is the fact I dont remember one pass to our top two wide receivers and the defensive backs are letting the Aggies pass on us.

I'm sorry nobody taught you what a good football team is supposed to look like. You should be incredibly concerned and the fact that you're not exposes your understanding of the game. This season is going to be tough for you.

Wow, going hard with personal attacks. We've seen this before with lower division opponents and Wilcox. Learn your history prior to posting.
calumnus
eastbayyoungbear said:

calumnus said:

blungld said:

This is not just reflexive Cal fan complaining, but has there been one interesting offensive play call? Everything just feels so expected and familiar and boring.

We saw the same thing in the Independence Bowl but were told Bloesch didn't have time to implement his brilliant offense oh, and the players had finals and Mendoza was hurt…

Bottom line is Wilcox ran Spavital off, was convinced his offense was the reason the defense was so bad and with the OL coach thought he could implement a boring, Wisconsin of a decade ago team without the dominant OL or DL.

That's not what happened and you saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.

I'm tired of the Wilcox apologists. Spavital did not intend to come back out to California for only a year.

Promoting Bloesch to OC for the bowl game when Spavital left made sense, but making it permanent before the game was lazy and reckless. If he was an in demand OC after North Texas he would not have taken the Cal OL job. Hopefully he turns out to be good, but the first 3 halves have been terrible.
BadNewsBear1
golden sloth said:

Holmoephobic said:

golden sloth said:

Cal88 said:

Wow, going hard with personal attacks. We've seen this before with lower division opponents and Wilcox. Learn your history prior to posting.

Yes we've seen this before, but it led to really ****ty years.
Holmoephobic
golden sloth said:

Holmoephobic said:

golden sloth said:

Cal88 said:

It's not personal. I legitimately feel for you.

Show me a game where we've been this statistically dominated by an fcs team. You're coping hard and I'm here to tell you it's ok.
Joegeo
Defense has stepped up nicely
movielover
Extend Wilcox.
BadNewsBear1
Joegeo said:

Defense has stepped up nicely

Those brilliant halftime adjustments Wilcox and co are known for.
eastbayyoungbear
calumnus said:

eastbayyoungbear said:

calumnus said:

blungld said:

This is not just reflexive Cal fan complaining, but has there been one interesting offensive play call? Everything just feels so expected and familiar and boring.

We saw the same thing in the Independence Bowl but were told Bloesch didn't have time to implement his brilliant offense oh, and the players had finals and Mendoza was hurt…

Bottom line is Wilcox ran Spavital off, was convinced his offense was the reason the defense was so bad and with the OL coach thought he could implement a boring, Wisconsin of a decade ago team without the dominant OL or DL.

That's not what happened and you saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.

I'm tired of the Wilcox apologists. Spavital did not intend to come back out to California for only a year.

Promoting Bloesch to OC for the bowl game when Spavital left made sense, but making it permanent before the game was lazy and reckless. If he was an in demand OC after North Texas he would not have taken the Cal OL job. Hopefully he turns out to be good, but the first 3 halves have been terrible.

It's been said over and over again that Spav leaving was due to personal reasons, not Wilcox forcing him out. The players, including Nando, vouched for Bloesch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.