UC Aggies vs UC Bears Football Opener Game Thread

38,128 Views | 547 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by calumnus
BadNewsBear1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rogers sucks
AEM80
Mendoza was playing pretty well. Not sure about QB change.
Golden One
Why in the hell did Wilcox take Mendoza out? Rogers is sucking.
Bear_Territory
Why did we change QBs?
Joegeo
I imagine they want to give Rogers some leeway but not looking good
kirklandblue
Well, the west sideline looks like an abysmal failure; we've got to get back to the east side, stat!
AEM80
What a mess. Take a knee and go to halftime. They should be down by at least two TDs.
Troll On You Bears
Bear_Territory said:

Why did we change QBs?
Great question
john.olsonjr
We run off everyone that doesn't fit that mold.
glb78
I'm on the radio but why switch QBs?
BearSD
BearSD said:

Bears should be running here, so that the clock runs out and they don't have to punt.
.... aaaand the Bears commit a penalty to stop the clock and ensure they have to punt.
TBear56
BadNewsBear1 said:

ThaCaliEnigma said:

Wilcox is a trash HC. Until your school's leadership puts winning as a priority you will remain in mediocrity.

Sums up the last 60 years.

Exactly. This is a vicious cycle that the administration seems content with which is disgusting
bearsandgiants
Bear_Territory said:

Why did we change QBs?

It was widely known that both would play. Mendoza should get the second half though.
Strykur
I kinda get with that last series that the first half was just messing around but the 2nd half better be a night and day contrast
ncbears
Does Rogers only sling sidearm?
bencgilmore
glb78 said:

wilcox said Rogers would get snaps in the 1st half. the way the game was going this was the first / only opportunity
calumnus
going4roses said:

Tired of the coaches not taking the kids they passed over but grew up in this state or area seriously be reno or sac state or Davis this part I don't understand

We have a staff of poor recruiters mostly from elsewhere who are currently focused on taking the #100-200 kids from Texas after all the major (and minor) programs have taken who they want first.
touchdownbears43
Rodgers is definitely not him
blungld
This is not just reflexive Cal fan complaining, but has there been one interesting offensive play call? Everything just feels so expected and familiar and boring.
Holmoephobic
The guys in the know really had the balls to call this Cal's most talented team under Wilcox.
CalConor
Mendoza goes 7 for 8 and leads our only scoring drive of the game, so obviously we should switch QBs! These coaches are braindead
BearSD
CalConor said:

Mendoza goes 7 for 8 and leads our only scoring drive of the game, so obviously we should switch QBs! These coaches are braindead
He also led two 3-and-out drives. He ain't Jared Goff.
blungld
It's not a bad idea to give both QBs a chance. But Mendoza needed to be in with stronger accurate arm with a one minute drill. No game feel by coaches.
AuBear81
Unwatchable on both sides of the ball. UCD looks like a dramatically better team, and that makes no sense.
pingpong2
At this rate, either Davis will run the table in the FCS or we're going 0-for this year.
AEM80
In my mind, Cal has answered two questions. Mendoza is the better quarterback. He starts and Rogers is purely a backup. The other thing we've learned is that the pass rush in camp was a function of playing against our OL. The OL is that bad. Probably answered a third question as well. DBs are way overrated. Need to come up with a different plan at halftime.
Goof Ball Bear
We have no business leading at half. We should be down at least a touchdown, maybe two.
glb78
bencgilmore said:

glb78 said:

wilcox said Rogers would get snaps in the 1st half. the way the game was going this was the first / only opportunity
Appreciate it!
Holmoephobic
First downs: Davis 16, Cal 5
Total yards: Davis 233, Cal 100

This is so ****ing pathetic. The worst half of Cal football I've seen in over a decade considering the opponent and the fact that this is supposedly the most talented team Wilcox has put together per Sebastabear.
AEM80
I think there are still 2 or 3 teams Cal might beat.
BearSD
Two key plays in the Bears' favor in the first half: The kickoff return TD, and stopping Davis on 4th down at the Cal 2. Without those two plays, Davis would be leading 20-7.
JimSox
Where was Ott on the last drive. Just normal rest? Seems like an odd time.
golden sloth
bearsandgiants said:

Bear_Territory said:

Why did we change QBs?

It was widely known that both would play. Mendoza should get the second half though.

Agreed
bearchamp
Just wondering, does Sabastabear know how to evaluate football talent? And how do we know?
BadNewsBear1
Holmoephobic said:

The guys in the know really had the balls to call this Cal's most talented team under Wilcox.

Yeah where's that jackass who was calling out 10 wins lol?!?!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.