OT: Official Warriors vs Celtics 2022 NBA Finals Thread

31,948 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Big C
philbert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was wondering why GP2 only played 11 minutes.

sycasey
philbert said:

Was wondering why GP2 only played 11 minutes.

While watching the game I didn't think Payton's defense was bad. Those guys were just making a lot of tough shots.

But once the score is what it is, I understand wanting more scoring on the floor.
oski003
bearister said:

"The Warriors have wreaked havoc in the third quarter of all three NBA Finals games, but their performance in the other three has them in danger of falling into a 3-1 hole, Jeff writes.

By the numbers: The Warriors have outscored the Celtics 106-63 (+43) in the third quarter, but the Celtics have outscored them 261-209 (+52) the rest of the time." Axios

Morning trivia:

Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are the second duo in NBA history to score 1,000 points in a single postseason while both age 25 or younger.

Question: Name the other duo.

No more cocaine at half time! ...

Or at least do some lines between the third and the fourth too.
Big C

Halftime. Warriors down by 5 and seem, I don't know, "off". Launching early threes and missing them. Unfocused on defense; lots of mini-lapses. Next time they complain about a ref's call while the Celtics get an easy bucket on the other end, I think I'm gonna puke.
sonofabear51
Draymond also seems to be non-existent and very quiet. 3rd Q is looming. Hope they come up big.
Start Slowly and taper off
bearister
sonofabear51 said:

Draymond also seems to be non-existent and very quiet. 3rd Q is looming. Hope they come up big.

2 pts; 4 boards
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
sonofabear51 said:

His body language is horrible!
Getting beat on D.
1 - 7
DiabloWags
Zero intensity by Dray.
Looks like he's just going through the motions.
As if this is Game 3 of the regular season.
DiabloWags
Sloppy, inexcusable turnovers.
Cant even inbound the ball.

Kerr going all in with Steph.
No rest.
MSaviolives
We can listen to Dray's podcast tonight to get an explanation
bearister
I hope Finals experience comes into play at pucker time.
HoopDreams
Win or lose, this is a finals performance of a generation
bearister
Based on how many millions each Finals game generates, methinks Curry gets call.
DiabloWags
Too bad Steph played with a hurt foot.
He only scored 43.
DiabloWags
HoopDreams said:

WE ARE NOT WORTHY.
HE IS NOT FROM THIS PLANET!

CHEF CURRY!
sycasey
Much better effort and hustle all around tonight, giving room for Steph to save the game.
DiabloWags
Felt like we were down by 15 the whole game.

Kerr showed big balls benching Dray.

And playing Steph big Minutes!

Steph is underpaid at $43 million.

10 rebounds!
bearister
BSJ NBA Finals Game 4 Live Coverage: Celtics, Warriors - Can Boston take full control?

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/live/bsj-nba-finals-game-4-live-coverage-celtics-warriors---can-boston-take-full-control-

This is the equivalent of a PGA player hitting it pure for 70 holes and then hooking it into the woods off 71st tee and slicing into the parking lot off 72nd*:

" With 4:35 left in regulation, the Celtics held onto a 94-92 lead, but only managed to record three points the rest of the night sinking just one of their seven three-point attempts to close out a frustrating night on the parquet floor."

Jaylen looked like he was playing for Cal in the last couple of minutes.

*Unless the game was fixed.
sycasey
The Warriors continue their streak of always winning at least one road game in every playoff series. It's happened every time with Steph on the roster.
Big C

The two teams are alternating having sub-par 4th quarters. Sad for the fan.
HoopDreams
My friend and I were yelling

Just give Curry the %&#@ ball !

DiabloWags
Dubs didnt get off to a slow start for a change.
Only down 1 point at the end of Q1.

Huuuuuuge!
75bear
Boston plays incredible defense. They are such an unconventional Finals team, but this is the new NBA. Boston missed 3s down the stretch, and the Warriors took advantage.

Steph's performance truly is mind boggling - he doesn't have too much help like in years past, yet he's still able to put up big numbers. Very impressive!
HoopDreams
Any one notice at the end when game was effectively over but theoretically enough time left for a Boston miracleā€¦

Steph with the ballā€¦. 3 Celtics trying to steal the ball ā€¦ so Curry, knowing he is the best FT shooter kept dribbling the ballā€¦.

At one point, he bent down real lower and dribbled the ball a few inches from the court ā€¦ the Celtics big couldn't reach that low so he was bending over Curry and finally fouled him

I've never seen a play like that beforeā€¦. I coined a new basketball move name

The Turtle Dribble
philbert
Incredible Steph vs the World performance! Gotta give credit to Wiggs and Loon for getting the boards and reversing the trend from game 3.

Now's the time to break Boston not having lost two in a row in the playoffs and protect home court!
HoopDreams
Agree Wiggins came up huge, and Looney just plays so smart

But what was Bjelica trying to do???

Misses a wide open 3, didn't even put a hand up on defense in the post, and trying to take it end to end with two Warrior guards flanking him in a 3-1???

philbert said:

Incredible Steph vs the World performance! Gotta give credit to Wiggs and Loon for getting the boards and reversing the trend from game 3.

Now's the time to break Boston not having lost two in a row in the playoffs and protect home court!
concordtom
bearister said:

BSJ NBA Finals Game 4 Live Coverage: Celtics, Warriors - Can Boston take full control?

https://www.bostonsportsjournal.com/live/bsj-nba-finals-game-4-live-coverage-celtics-warriors---can-boston-take-full-control-

This is the equivalent of a PGA player hitting it pure for 70 holes and then hooking it into the woods on 71st tee and slicing into the parking lot on 72nd*:

" With 4:35 left in regulation, the Celtics held onto a 94-92 lead, but only managed to record three points the rest of the night sinking just one of their seven three-point attempts to close out a frustrating night on the parquet floor."

Jaylen looked like he was playing for Cal in the last couple of minutes.

*Unless the game was fixed.

I noticed in the box score that the Celtics played a shallow bench. Maybe they were tired at the end.
When the legs go, so does the shot.

Great game for Steph. Goes down in history.
concordtom
HoopDreams said:

But what was Bjelica trying to do???

Misses a wide open 3, didn't even put a hand up on defense in the post, and trying to take it end to end with two Warrior guards flanking him in a 3-1???

He will not be on the team next year.
It was his opportunity to have an important play in the finals. Too bad for him.
Thank you for your contributions.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

HoopDreams said:

CHEF CURRY!

Lebron was no doubt watching with admiration.

PS: yep!!!

concordtom
MSaviolives said:

We can listen to Dray's podcast tonight to get an explanation

A lot of W's fans are sick of him.

I'd like to hear Barkley ask Dray in responseā€¦
"So, do you really truly make them when you need to, Draymond?"

The answer is "no".
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

sonofabear51 said:

His body language is horrible!
Getting beat on D.
1 - 7

Dray should retire and shift to media.
Either that, or start off season shooting practice immediately!
concordtom
bearister said:

"The Warriors have wreaked havoc in the third quarter of all three NBA Finals games, but their performance in the other three has them in danger of falling into a 3-1 hole, Jeff writes.

By the numbers: The Warriors have outscored the Celtics 106-63 (+43) in the third quarter, but the Celtics have outscored them 261-209 (+52) the rest of the time." Axios

Morning trivia:

Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are the second duo in NBA history to score 1,000 points in a single postseason while both age 25 or younger.

Question: Name the other duo.

I'm going to have to think about this. Good question.

Hmmm.
If you played 25 gamesā€¦
1000 / 25 = 40 points per game.

So it would have to be COMBINED points.

Which means one guy could average 30 (like Jordan, though he never played 25 in a playoff series while young) and the other guy just 10.

Wilt won a finals while young, when he was scoring a ton, but I doubt they played lengthy playoffs back then. Maybe a couple rounds.

So it would have to be someone in the (lengthy) modern era who scored a lot into the finals.

So, which young duo carried their teams into the finals.
Hmmm Lebron took Cleveland. Who was with him, young?

How about Kobe, how old was shaq when they first won? Did Kobe score that much young?

Bird was a big scorer, Magic was not as much, though he could avg 20+. Hmmm, who was young with them?

Shaq and Penny went to the finals young.
Hmmm. I'll guess them.

I could keep going, but I'll guess them. Maybe you'll tell me it was shaq and Dennis Scott. Who knows.
HoopDreams
Gotta be one of greens worst playoff games, but he did grab 9 rebounds, 8 assists, 4 steals, and defend

ducky23
Warriors played about C+ level
Draymond D+
Steph A+

Steph had to beat the celtics, the refs and draymond all by himself

BearForce2
Wiggins had a ton of rebounds. Kerr told the team to box out.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.