OT: Official Warriors vs Celtics 2022 NBA Finals Thread

31,963 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Big C
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It doesn't. Our lead evaporated.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
The Celtics' three-point variance is so crazy.
bearister
40% from arc vs 14% from arc.
bearister
Mark Jackson pronounces the word "fire" the same way the Lizard King did ("Fi-ya").

MSaviolives
bearister said:

Mark Jackson pronounces the word "fire" the same way the Lizard King did ("Fi-ya").

Mahkas Smaught
bearister
The worst possible flop in basketball:

While guarding Klay and leaving him with an open 3 that he drives like a stake through your f@ucking birdbrain heart.

bearister
Celtics vs. Warriors - Live Game - June 13, 2022 - ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nba/game/_/gameId/401442534
bearister
HEY TATUM! AT LEAST HIT THE APPARATUS!
sycasey
The Andrew Wiggins Game
bearister
sycasey said:

The Andrew Wiggins Game

I'm assuming his 44" vertical had some input in the 13 boards.

Annual salary: 31.58 million USD*

*Soon to be $37M+ paid by somebody
sycasey
Boston tried blitzing Curry a lot more in this game. They held down his scoring, but you see what happens: everyone else gets into the offense.
DiabloWags

philbert
Damn! Wiggs is gonna earn a max extension!

I think Tatum and Brown definitely looked gassed in the 4th quarter. Good D by the Dubs regardless. Time Lord didn't have any blocks in 30 mins....
bearister
I actually want this to go 7. Since I hate Lacob anyway, I'm willing to take the chance. The excitement of a Game 7 and the Warriors winning it at home would be awesome.

*Do you think Lacob will stiff SF on the cost of the Victory Paradeā€¦like he stiffed Oakland, TWICE?
DiabloWags
GP2 WITH A QUIET 15.

DiabloWags
philbert said:

I think Tatum and Brown definitely looked gassed in the 4th quarter.

CELTICS WERE GASSED.
HoopDreams
DiabloWags said:

GP2 WITH A QUIET 15.

So curry zero on threes, but GP with 15

Go figure
Big C

This was a weird game. These two teams are taking turns to see who can have the worst 4th quarters.
Big C
philbert said:

I think Tatum and Brown definitely looked gassed in the 4th quarter. Good D by the Dubs regardless. Time Lord didn't have any blocks in 30 mins....

There was talk only last month that the Warriors wouldn't be able to afford to keep Wiggins... but now he looks like their 2nd best player (and he's still fairly young).
DiabloWags
Big C said:

This was a weird game. These two teams are taking turns to see who can have the worst 4th quarters.

CELTICS WERE GASSED.
concordtom
Big C said:

philbert said:

There was talk only last month that the Warriors wouldn't be able to afford to keep Wiggins... but now he looks like their 2nd best player (and he's still fairly young).

No doubt.
Poole poor D. 2-way Wiggs!!!
So happy for him.
ducky23
bearister said:

I actually want this to go 7. Since I hate Lacob anyway, I'm willing to take the chance. The excitement of a Game 7 and the Warriors winning it at home would be awesome.

*Do you think Lacob will stiff SF on the cost of the Victory Paradeā€¦like he stiffed Oakland, TWICE?

Totally agree. Hate that lacob guy. Such an idiot. Why would you spend that much to try to win a title? Me? Give me John fisher and the A's any day.
concordtom
Celtics May still win, but this grinding style wears on them and I say for next year they need to add some offensive option.
bearister
ducky23 said:

bearister said:

Totally agree. Hate that lacob guy. Such an idiot. Why would you spend that much to try to win a title? Me? Give me John fisher and the A's any day.

Haha, regardless, he is an arrogant unethical pr@ick.

Chris De Benedetti, Bay City News Foundation, Author at Local News Matters

https://localnewsmatters.org/author/chris-de-benedetti/

Warriors will passive-aggressively pay Oakland for parade

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/warriors-will-pay-championship-parade-theyre-not-happy-161420666.html

Yes, I love owners with passion that write big checks, but not A wipe ones like Lacob.
concordtom
ducky23 said:

bearister said:

Hey Bearister
You were so pissed at the Oakland departure but the celebration is still going on outside the arena. Meanwhile, they'd all be sitting in a parking lot in Oakland. No bars nearby.
Goodbye.

You wanna meet up Thursday and party with the masses. Great design. Great scene!!!
ducky23
DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

CELTICS WERE GASSED.

There was a moment early second quarter (when curry is traditionally out and the dubs play a lot of bench) that the Celtic's put in their best lineup. And I was like "whoa" they are really going for it. It almost worked. But yeah, the J's looked gassed at the end.
concordtom
HoopDreams said:

DiabloWags said:

GP2 WITH A QUIET 15.

So curry zero on threes, but GP with 15

Go figure

Ask Steph if he'll trade the streak for a win.
No question!

Celtics grind on D, but they wore themselves out taking Steph away.
Still the MVP without any doubt!

Celtics always try to attack Steph on D. To tire him out. But he tires THEM out, too!!
concordtom
ducky23 said:

Lol!!!
ducky23
bearister said:

ducky23 said:

bearister said:

I mean, I totally get it. I didn't like him when he first took over either. But bottom line is that he spends more money than he needs to so his team can compete for titles. And his teams give me happiness. So I could care less if he's a *****.

I wish cal had its own ***** who could donate 100 million to athletics.
concordtom
bearister said:

ducky23 said:

bearister said:

Warriors will passive-aggressively pay Oakland for parade

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/warriors-will-pay-championship-parade-theyre-not-happy-161420666.html

Yes, I love owners with passion that write big checks, but not A wipe ones like Lacob.

Maybe the W's should have the parade in Oakland.
philbert
ducky23 said:

bearister said:

ducky23 said:

bearister said:

I mean, I totally get it. I didn't like him when he first took over either. But bottom line is that he spends more money than he needs to so his team can compete for titles. And his teams give me happiness. So I could care less if he's a *****.

I wish cal had its own ***** who could donate 100 million to athletics.
And I fully expect him to go even deeper into the luxury tax to keep this team together (assuming they close this out).
bearister
bearister
Only if swindler Lacob pays $1M upfront.
ducky23
NO TALK OF PARADES!!! Christ.
concordtom
oskidunker said:

philbert said:

DiabloWags said:

ducky23 said:

Just some very quick thoughts after re-watching game 4

Ducky, in reviewing video do you think that back issues are plaguing Dray again?
It's the only thing that would make any sense as to his poor play.

Not Ducky, but I don't think his back is acting up. They are basically daring him to shoot outside and if he takes it inside their length is bothering his shot. Usually, he can get involved in the pnr game with Steph but with Smart guarding him, Smart just easily switches and there isn't the big mismatch there. And if Green gets ball as the roller, he can't really take advantage if he's not willing to take it inside against their bigs. Celts are in his head.
Stop and shoot 15 footer. He can make that

Draymond passed up two obvious layups to pass out for 3, both missed. He also allowed himself to get caught and fouled on the breakaway dunk. Good thing he made both FT's.

I think his lift is showing serious signs of aging.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.