OT: Official Warriors vs Celtics 2022 NBA Finals Thread

32,005 Views | 551 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Big C
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom said:

Ouch.
This stinks. And rings true.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/warriors-cant-beat-celtics-nba-193908712.html

Not really. They won a title without Durant, then marched right back to the Finals and lost in 7 on some flukey stuff (Draymond suspension, etc.). Now they're back in the Finals AGAIN, after a lot of folks had started to assume their era was over.

Are they on the level of Jordan's Bulls? No. But you can still be pretty great without that. And for anyone who followed the Warriors for any length of time this run is beyond your wildest dreams.
concordtom
sycasey said:

concordtom said:

Ouch.
This stinks. And rings true.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/warriors-cant-beat-celtics-nba-193908712.html

Not really. They won a title without Durant, then marched right back to the Finals and lost in 7 on some flukey stuff (Draymond suspension, etc.). Now they're back in the Finals AGAIN, after a lot of folks had started to assume their era was over.

Are they on the level of Jordan's Bulls? No. But you can still be pretty great without that. And for anyone who followed the Warriors for any length of time this run is beyond your wildest dreams.

On Thursday afternoon, everyone was saying really incredible things.
Friday afternoon, it's looking oh so differently.

The wildest dreams is them pulling this series out!
BearSD
Yeah, that article is moronic.

It's more the other way around: Look at the tire fire of a team that Durant is on now, and then ask whether it's Durant or the Warriors who should regret that he left.
DiabloWags
Dieter Kurtenbach of the Bay Area News Group says:

1.) Go all in on attacking cause the Celtics are switching everything. This is not the time to run complicated motion-offense sets.

2.) I know theyre trying to "hide" Poole's defensive deficiency with playing the Zone, but the Celtics torched the Dubs on 3's. - - - Drop the Zone.

3.) Igoudala and Green cant be on the floor at the same time. If Iggy is on the floor, he has to be the only non shooter. We need 4 shooters on the floor at ALL times.
BearSD
Definitely need to attack the rim and not settle for contested jump shots. They have to find a way to get buckets in crunch time. As JKidd said when the Mavs gave up a big 4th quarter run to the Warriors in one of their games: The way to stop a run is to make some shots. The Celtics' 4th quarter surge was only partly because Horford kept hitting wide open 3s; it was also due to the Warriors having a long run of missed shots and turnovers.
DiabloWags
I would add that we could use GP2's defense ...giving Wiggins a break from trying to lock down Tatum, or shadowing Jaylen Brown.
HoopDreams
I like this guy's stuff ... he is better than the average amateur analyst:

ducky23
Here's the adjustments I see the warriors making

- put draymond on brown and klay on horford. Solves two problems at once. Draymond can contain brown and klay won't drift from horford as much as draymond has a tendency to. If hordford wants to post klay, the warriors will take that

- porter/GP2 more minutes and Poole less. The warriors have to stop point of attack and also not allow open threes.

If the warriors just think Boston is going to stop making open threes because of the percentages, they're gojng to lose. Hopefully Kerr makes the adjustment
HoopDreams
ducky23 said:

Here's the adjustments I see the warriors making

- put draymond on brown and klay on horford. Solves two problems at once. Draymond can contain brown and klay won't drift from horford as much as draymond has a tendency to. If hordford wants to post klay, the warriors will take that

- porter/GP2 more minutes and Poole less. The warriors have to stop point of attack and also not allow open threes.

If the warriors just think Boston is going to stop making open threes because of the percentages, they're gojng to lose. Hopefully Kerr makes the adjustment
I like playing Porter less if he's healthy as he's another shooter, but can he defend Horford in the post?

Is so, I like that a lot better than playing Klay on Horford
ducky23
I know you don't really watch the nba that much, but teams don't play out of the post anymore.

If they try to force feed horford in the post, that'll be a gift
BearForce2
Draymond can't hit a free throw to save his life but he can flex after a bucket.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
This feels like the kind of game where Green gets ejected.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
No one that watched Jaylen play every one of his games as a Bear can honestly say that they saw this coming.

Yes, he had the requisite explosiveness, but poor shooting doesn't usually radically turn around like this. He also improved his handle Big Time.

*Jaylen doesn't just hand check Klay, he grabs the bridge logo on the center of his jersey.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
Payton blew the layup and two free throws. I didn't see a foul from Brown.
calfanz
Celtics are getting abused by the refs
calfanz
BearForce2 said:

He's an ass
bearister
The dump off to Looney has been money thrice so far.
graguna
bearister said:

No one that watched Jaylen play every one of his games as a Bear can honestly say that they saw this coming.

Yes, he had the requisite explosiveness, but poor shooting doesn't usually radically turn around like this. He also improved his handle Big Time.

*Jaylen doesn't just hand check Klay, he grabs the bridge logo on the center of his jersey.
Jaylen has a combo of athleticism, talent and a growth mindset. I can honestly say I saw this coming. When he left CAL, I predicted he'd be an all star, retire early and come back to CAL to get his degree.
I'm sticking by that.
BearForce2
bearister said:

BearForce2
calfanz said:

Celtics are getting abused by the refs
A little home cooking in the 1st quarter, dubs lucky to be leading by one after one.
oskidunker
BearForce2 said:

bearister said:

He was a bull in a china shop at Cal
Go Bears!
oskidunker
If Klay doesn't get going, I don't see how the Warriors win.
Go Bears!
sycasey
bearister said:

He's kind of an indictment of Cuonzo Martin's offensive system.
BearForce2
oskidunker said:

If Klay doesn't get going, I don't see how the Warriors win.
Good thing their defense is causing all kinds of problems for the Celtics. Warriors made a big push in the 3rd without Klay's offense.
sycasey
Poole not looking like a malcontent tonight.
bearister
I had to miss part of the game. Did Jaylen having to sit early with 2 fouls break his initial red hot offensive rhythm?
oskidunker
bearister said:

I had to miss part of the game. Did Jaylen having to sit early with 2 fouls break his initial red hot offensive rhythm?
No, he just missed shots.
Go Bears!
Big C
Big C said:

Ann Killion, in the Chronicle, opined today something to the effect that, "this is increasingly looking like a series that will go the distance". Funny, but I had just been thinking that this is increasingly looking like a series that will end fairly soon.

Granted, Sunday evening could bring a whole new prospective.

Hmmm, I can sort of see now why she is getting paid for this and I am not.

o, me of little faith...
ducky23
oskidunker said:

bearister said:

No, he just missed shots.

He made contested shots in the 1st half. He kept taking contested shots in the second half and things regressed back to the mean.
sycasey
Porter and Payton getting minutes over Iguodala definitely helped the Warriors' D.

I expected them to win this one. Going to Boston is the big test.
philbert
sycasey said:

Porter and Payton getting minutes over Iguodala definitely helped the Warriors' D.

Iggy was injured and not available.

Boston hasn't been that great at home and Dubs have taken at least one road game in a series for at least the entire Steph era.

I expect this to come back here for game 5 tied up 2-2.

Can Klay shoot better moving forward? Boston D has taken him out of rhythm.
sycasey
philbert said:

sycasey said:

Iggy was injured and not available.
Regardless of the reason, they were better off with him out and those guys getting minutes.
philbert
I think if Iggy were available, I believe Kerr would have played him. He only played 12 mins in game 1. The more important thing is trying to limit the amount of time where you have multiple non-shooters out there at the same time.

The person who was going to lose minutes was Poole. Credit to him for a great stint at the end of the 3rd quarter, but he looked horrible in the first six quarters of this series.
HoopDreams
sycasey said:

bearister said:

He's kind of an indictment of Cuonzo Martin's offensive system.
well he's also a product of Martin's tough man on man defense
BearSD
BearForce2 said:

Jaylen tried his best to get Draymond ejected. Just couldn't convince the refs to do it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.