Warriors 2019 playoff thread

99,462 Views | 1110 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by philbert
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Okay, so cal hoops is now in hibernation.
And the NCAA as a whole will be in hibernation after tomorrow night, too.
Next up will be the NBA.
And there's lots to talk about with our local pros.

Playoffs
Free agency turnover
Goodbye to Oracle

This is the place.
socaliganbear
Where will the Curry's live now? My money's on Noe Valley.
concordtom
I am curious about the Warriors roster turnover.
Will KD re-sign with the team, or head to NY with Kyrie, or to whomever gets to draft Zion #1?

I assume Klay will stick with the W's, but interestingly, if he gets max, he'll earn more than Curry as it was just announced that the salary cap will be 9M more next year.

Don't expect any way Cousins can re-sign with Golden State. Too bad!

And then what about Draymond? He is under contract next year still, but seems to be a shiner and wants an extension for truck loads. Is he worth it? If he has to wait a year, will his attitude rip the team apart?

The core is getting older, and management needs to think about how it unwinds these stars' careers while obtaining new younger blue chips. How will it all work out?
concordtom
socaliganbear said:

I saw that bit on him selling his house in Alamo in Feb, joking about if he stayed in East Bay he'd have to helicopter to Chase Center in SF. I was thinking Hillsborough. 280, reverse commute, get off before the bridge traffic.

No privacy in the city. Name a place in SF where he could live in peace? Ocean Beach is on the other side of town. And a high rise more downtown or on Russian Hill?... no place to raise his girls.

concordtom
What's the new transport pattern to Chase going to be like?
3rd street muni from BART?
concordtom
I am worried about the Rockets.
They did nearly beat us last year before Chris Paul went down, and now nobody seems capable of stopping Harden.
bearister
socaliganbear said:

Are you doing an Eric Bear in game posting impression? Curry has a compound in CCC with lots of land and sunshine. He should just buy a condo in the City for work days when he doesn't want to take a limo home.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
socaliganbear
bearister said:

socaliganbear said:

Are you doing an Eric Bear in game posting impression? Curry has a compound in CCC with lots of land and sunshine. He should just buy a condo in the City for work days when he doesn't want to take a limo home.

Given that they're moving practice into the city, work days is most of the year.
bearister
socaliganbear said:

bearister said:

socaliganbear said:

Given that they're moving practice into the city, work days is most of the year.

What is Lacob's next move, burning down buildings in Oakland?
concordtom
bearister said:

socaliganbear said:

What is CCC?
concordtom
EricBear is free to join the conversation at any time.
concordtom
bearister said:

Poor Baby is hurting because Oakland is The City's younger sibling.
Don't worry, Warriors management has given you this to make you feel better.

(Hahaha, after 2 years of hearing you moan about it, I had to laugh when I saw this raised after the game last night. Nice token prize, right?)
MilleniaBear
On the Warriors....I think the Bay Area can support another NBA team. I was wondering if Oakland/Alameda would make a run at another franchise? Or at least try to get the G League Santa Cruz Warriors to move to Oakland. It would have been nice to lure the Kings to Oakland but they just got a new arena. I figure if Oklahoma City can support a team with a population base of 500,000 then the greater Bay Area with 7,000,000 can support 2.
concordtom
concordtom said:

I am worried about the Rockets.
They did nearly beat us last year before Chris Paul went down, and now nobody seems capable of stopping Harden.
The Houston Rockets made NBA history Sunday night.

James Harden and Co. made 27 3-pointers in a 149-113 rout of the last-place Phoenix Suns, breaking the previous single-game record of 26 -- which the Rockets set themselves earlier this season.

The Beard led the way with 30 points, including 5-of-6 from deep. Eric Gordon had eight longballs, and P.J. Tucker dropped in four of his own. The Rockets as a team shot 27-of-57, good for a scorching 47.4 percent from beyond the arc.

The Rockets are currently the No. 3 seed in the West and are red-hot as of late, having won six straight games. The way Houston is playing, it would not be surprising at all for the Rockets and Warriors to face each other in the Western Conference finals-- a rematch of last season's epic seven-game series.

In Game 7 of their 2018 series, the Rockets infamously made a different kind of history by missing 27 consecutive 3-pointers, which led to a 101-92 Warriors road win. The 27 straight bricks set a playoff record for most consecutive misses from deep (it tied the overall NBA record).

So while the Rockets were on the right side of history Sunday night, any time the words "27," "3-pointers," and "Rockets" are uttered in the same sentence, Warriors fans are immediately reminded of the Rockets' futility in the clutch last season.
So congrats on this regular-season record, Houston -- we'll see what happens again come playoff time.
concordtom
The Warriors could have VERY easily lost last year.
What will be different this year?

Chris Paul went out at end of Game 5, which the Rocket won.

In game 6, with a 3-2 lead at Oracle, the Rockets had a huge lead early, but then faded and lost big.
Game 7 was only a 9-pt Warriors win, with Paul still out and the Rockets missing 27 straight 3's.

The Rockets have a right to think they'd have won without that injury. They got tired having to fill in the minutes.
concordtom
You just know Chris Paul wants another piece of Curry.
The never-won underdog will have a huge emotional advantage over the Warriors, who are vulnerable to complacency. We see it in sports all the time.

concordtom
Houston fell to the fourth seed and will play Warriors in second round.
Wow.
Yogi58
concordtom said:

Houston fell to the fourth seed and will play Warriors in second round.
Not necessarily
OBear073akaSMFan
Thinking Pacific heights. Kerr is in pacific heights , so maybe he and curry can carpool together.
concordtom
Imagine the people that will honk or yell as they pass by his place. Unless there's a private dead-end street (not), then I'm gonna shade this suggestion. But the views are great!

Also, bad place for kids, no? No yard.
Big C
I'm actually getting sick of the Warriors. Them going to SF will make it easier to let my 48 yr romance with them fade away.

Of course, then I look at the Rockets and their s _ _ _ brand of basketball and I'm reminded, "Wait, I LOVE the Warriors!"
joe amos yaks
CBB hoops is not in hibernation.
It moves from the court to the courtroom.
"Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say." - LT
bearister
concordtom said:

bearister said:

Poor Baby is hurting because Oakland is The City's younger sibling.
Don't worry, Warriors management has given you this to make you feel better.

(Hahaha, after 2 years of hearing you moan about it, I had to laugh when I saw this raised after the game last night. Nice token prize, right?)

"F OAKLAND!....and I AM TAKING ALL YOUR MUSIC EVENTS AWAY FROM YOU TOO!"
concordtom
Honest question,
What will become of Oracle after they leave?
Didn't they upgrade the arena some years ago?

Honest question #2:
Aren't the A's trying to leave? What will become of the Coliseum when they do?

On that one, I love how Al Davis F'd up the Coliseum by building the outfield grandstand, plus milking the Oakland tax base with PSL's. I can't wait for the raiders to move! They were a blight upon the city!

Who owns the complex? The county, right?
They should be able to get plenty of music events, rodeos, and Mickey Thompson events!
Don't tear it down, man.
concordtom
I see your point. The Elton John and Michael Jackson type events will go to the City.
But weren't you always a Fillmore kind of guy anyways?

Chase will charge a lot for the top concerts. But B level bands can go to Oakland and not charge as much. Nothing wrong with that.
gobears
Rockets/2nd round.

Harden.... overplay his left...(i know, easier said than done)... and double from his backside..
Harden dribbles, dribbles, dribbles, waiting for defender to blink.....

Hybird Pincer attack him, to close in where he likes to do his step back or side step back 3 from.

force him to pass from beyond the 3 point line and then recover once he passes out of the double.

Rockets all year long felt they should have won last year......
Yes, they should have won, but they didn't. (too bad for them)

They got what they wanted, now prove it.

goGSW
goBears

bearister
concordtom said:

Honest question,

Answer: Under consideration is to have hybrid events there, for example: Indoor sideshow and gun show that will include Ten Cent Beer Night and discounted cannabis sales at the concession stands.

Didn't they upgrade the arena some years ago?

Broke ground
April 15, 1964
Opened
November 9, 1966
Renovated
1996-97
Construction cost
US$24 million (original)
$121 million (1996-97 renovation)
Sh@tbird Lacob owes $40 million on renovation debt

Honest question #2:
Aren't the A's trying to leave?

Answer:Not to my knowledge. They are trying to build a new stadium and buy and develop the existing Coliseum site.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/amp/Architect-s-vision-for-Coliseum-site-a-21st-13556786.php (Probably another pipe dream)

What will become of the Coliseum when they do?

Answer: When tRump becomes Emperor, Stephen Miller said they are going to conduct mass trials of political enemies, minorities and illegal aliens there. After conviction they will be executed by being eaten by exotic beasts that have been wounded in tRump Lite and Guilfoyle hunting expeditions.

Yogi58
Big C said:

I'm actually getting sick of the Warriors. Them going to SF will make it easier to let my 48 yr romance with them fade away.

Of course, then I look at the Rockets and their s _ _ _ brand of basketball and I'm reminded, "Wait, I LOVE the Warriors!"
If you've been a Warrior fan that long, you can't possibly get sick of them already because you suffered through all the years when they were incompetent. I'm happy to milk every season they're able to stay on top until free agency and age end their run.
bearister
Bill Walton would come in handy in the Clipper series. My major take away so far is that Mark Jackson is a d@uche.

KD makes $25 million a year, Warriors have a huge lead and he lets Beverly goad hm into being an emotional 12 year old? ...and the dorky, rich know nothing fans think it's great?
ducky23
They need to sweep the clippers before either someone gets hurt or they start accumulating stupid T's.
bearister
ducky23 said:

They need to sweep the clippers before either someone gets hurt or they start accumulating stupid T's.

Greg Papa predicted that Beverly would make this his mission.
concordtom
Apparently we can retaliate with Andrew Bogut.

But seriously, KD is stupid to allow himself to get involved in Beverly's game.
Hard to ignore and move on, I know.

Refs should have called a Flagrant foul on that one that they reviewed early to set the tone. They did not. And look what happened.
concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

Honest question,

Answer: Under consideration is to have hybrid events there, for example: Indoor sideshow that will include Ten Cent Beer Night.
So, we will finally get to meet?

(Actually, I don't drink hardly ever, and not beer, but it sounds fun.)
concordtom
bearister said:

ducky23 said:

Greg Papa predicted that Beverly would make this his mission.
From the post game interview, so did Kerr.

This is what separates KD from guys like Bird, Jordan, and Kobe. They were ALPHA. Nobody messed with them in the head.
Even Reggie Miller was better upstairs than KD.

KD is a phenomenal talent. One of the very best ever!!
I hope he doesn't leave.
concordtom
Maybe KD is a bit more like Wilt.
They both are perhaps affected by wanting to be liked.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with that.
Though, Wilt comes off to me as just plain weird, and KD is nothing of the sort.
Wilt shrank at criticism. They said he never passed (why should he when he can dunk every time) so he leads the league in assists.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.