Trump picks JD Vance (39) for VP

25,881 Views | 548 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by dajo9
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

SBGold
bearister said:

I have to think Trump has to dump him at this point. Vance is a Never Trumper and the evangelicals at this point, it's hilarious.

For the record, I'm fine with his cross-dressing. I just hope Bear2034, Movielover and Oski003 can forgive him
oski003
SBGold said:

bearister said:

I have to think Trump has to dump him at this point. Vance is a Never Trumper and the evangelicals at this point, it's hilarious.

For the record, I'm fine with his cross-dressing. I just hope Bear2034, Movielover and Oski003 can forgive him

I'm cool with it. I wouldn't be cool if he then competed in the Olympics as a woman.
SBGold
oski003 said:

SBGold said:

bearister said:

I'm cool with it. I wouldn't be cool if he then competed in the Olympics as a woman.
Does he bring enough to not be dumped on this fading ticket?
Big C
SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

bearister said:

One of Trump's "things" is to never admit he made a mistake.

Vance can be an asset, if he's used better. (I'm assuming there aren't any more cat lady quotes in his closet.) He needs to stop attacking Walz, as that is going nowhere. His role should be to get the base to turn out in November, which he can do by continuing to appeal to the white working class. That's the beauty of Walz: he will appeal to the less angry ones who still have hope.
dajo9
Big C said:

SBGold said:

oski003 said:

SBGold said:

bearister said:

One of Trump's "things" is to never admit he made a mistake.

Vance can be an asset, if he's used better. (I'm assuming there aren't any more cat lady quotes in his closet.) He needs to stop attacking Walz, as that is going nowhere. His role should be to get the base to turn out in November, which he can do by continuing to appeal to the white working class. That's the beauty of Walz: he will appeal to the less angry ones who still have hope.

There aren't enough couch ****ers in the world for Vance to have a base
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
movielover
Liberals: Vance is attracted to couches.

Conservatives: you've started two wars, allowed in 10-15 Million illegal immigrants, revord inflation, mortgage rates up, gutted our cities, eviscerated NATO, built up Russia and we're on the verge of nuclear war.

Liberals: Vance is weird.
dajo9
movielover said:

Conservatives: you've started two wars, allowed in 10-15 Million illegal immigrants, revord inflation, mortgage rates up, gutted our cities, eviscerated NATO, built up Russia and we're on the verge of nuclear war.

Both arguments have the same level of truth. Our pitch lands better.
oski003
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

That's laughable. The conservatives statement is 90% true. The liberal couch claim is 0% true. Thanks.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

That's laughable. The conservatives statement is 90% true. The liberal couch claim is 0% true. Thanks.

Then your side should have no problem winning the election
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Trump is horrible, and it is unfortunate that he won the primaries. I am not so sure he will win the general election.
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Trump is horrible, and it is unfortunate that he won the primaries. I am not so sure he will win the general election.

Maybe Republicans should swap him out
DiabloWags
movielover said:

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Why are socially liberal weirdos obsessed with a fantasy of Vance having sex with couches. It is weird and disgusting.
sycasey
I do think it's funny that conservatives are now saying that elections should only be decided based on policies and facts. Hey, I'd love if that were the case, but as someone who watched Joe Biden get zero credit for a lot of popular policy accomplishments and also remembers how the Bush-Kerry campaign was waged . . . the fact is that it isn't like that and never has been like that. If you're not also good at putting on theater for the masses, you're going to have a hard time winning.

And the Trump team seems to have lost its edge there.
bear2034
  • Illegal immigration
  • Inflation
  • Crime
  • Foreign conflicts
  • Lawfare
  • Election interference

The Biden administration failures have trumped his "popular" policy accomplishments, whatever they may be.
Big C

Maybe it's time to put the couch jokes to rest. Or even past time.

Vance has a compelling story of his own to tell... and let's not forget that this guy is no dummy. I suppose he has his marching orders, but it seems counterproductive to use him solely as an attack dog. And it's not helping any future he might have.

My sense is that Vance is still "unformed", both as a leader and in terms of his views and political philosophies. I suspect he might be coming from an entirely different place right now if, when he got out of school, he had teamed up with Tim Walz, instead of Peter Thiel.
SBGold
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Why are socially liberal weirdos obsessed with a fantasy of Vance having sex with couches. It is weird and disgusting.
Weird and disgusting are pee tapes in Russia. Your side has that one as well
oski003
SBGold said:

oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Weird and disgusting are pee tapes in Russia. Your side has that one as well

That rumor was paid for by Hillary Clinton, who paid for it with campaign money and then accounted for it illegally and got a slap on the wrist (as opposed to being a convicted felon). The weird and disgusting pee tape is a liberal thing as well. You do you, I guess.
movielover
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

How is Trump horrible? Yes, he has rough edges. But I don't know another politician who could withstand the pressure of fraudulent DOJ actions, FBI fraudulent raids, NSA spying, bogus Impeachments, across-the-board Banana Republic actions, state laws changed to target him, Five Eyes after him, and the USSS / failed assassination attempt.

All supported by a corrupt media, judicial system, Presidents Obama and Bill (Hillary) Clinton, and hi tech.
movielover
To deflect us from the upcoming rigged election.
SBGold
movielover said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

How is Trump horrible? Yes, he has rough edges. But I don't know another politician who could withstand the pressure of fraudulent DOJ actions, FBI fraudulent raids, NSA spying, bogus Impeachments, across-the-board Banana Republic actions, state laws changed to target him, Five Eyes after him, and the USSS / failed assassination attempt.

All supported by a corrupt media, judicial system, Presidents Obama and Bill (Hillary) Clinton, and hi tech.
You are on Q Anon so much that you just believe it now, SAD
oski003
movielover said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Most people that work with him or for him don't want to do so ever again. His blustering rhetoric is over the top, and he lies more than other politicians. He appears to have no attention span and is in poor health.
SBGold
oski003 said:

movielover said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Most people that work with him or for him don't want to do so ever again. His blustering rhetoric is over the top, and he lies more than other politicians. He appears to have no attention span and is in poor health.
Actually most that work for him end up in jail
GoOskie
oski003 said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Zippergate
These are actually pretty funny.
I wish Walz's policy views were funny, but sadly they are all too real.
Cal88
Not very funny:
oski003
Cal88 said:

Not very funny:

An evening curfew isn't a terrible idea given what was happening. Did Tim Walz really tell the cops to enforce it with paintballs? I doubt it.

On the other hand, the covid lockdowns were over the top.
sycasey
oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

Not very funny:

An evening curfew isn't a terrible idea given what was happening. Did Tim Walz really tell the cops to enforce it with paintballs? I doubt it.

On the other hand, the covid lockdowns were over the top.
AFAIK, this woman also only went to jail when she failed to show up for court dates.
GoOskie
Zippergate said:

Feeding school children. Creating a safe environment for gay children. Championing workers and unions. Works to provide better benefits for veterans.

WHAT A MONSTER!
AunBear89
GoOskie said:

Zippergate said:

Feeding school children. Creating a safe environment for gay children. Championing workers and unions. Works to provide better benefits for veterans.

WHAT A MONSTER!

That's not what his far right nut job information bubble told him. He hasn't actually done any research, but Poso and Lord Bebo told him so, and that's good enough for the low information undereducated Republican goose stepper.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Big C
GoOskie said:

Zippergate said:

WHAT A MONSTER!

Exactly. HE NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!

And any patriotic American would have stayed in the Army National Guard for a 25th year, if it looked like there was even a possibility to serve in Iraq.

Wake up, sheeple!
Zippergate
The irony of the woke, totally asleep to the costs of wokeness, telling others to wake up. And there is nothing in the world more sheeplish than wokeness.
harebear
Big C
Zippergate said:

The irony of the woke, totally asleep to the costs of wokeness, telling others to wake up. And there is nothing in the world more sheeplish than wokeness.

That's a great point!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.