Off Topic
Sponsored by

Official Trump Gas Price Thread

45,491 Views | 502 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ChudBear
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Correct. Certain liquids harm extensions. Be careful.


Cool story.

Life is short.
Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.



Sports cars better for short guys. Karl Malone doesn't drive a pocket rocket.
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.

and some bas'tards aren't allowed to drive no more / no how / no way # time flies
Free GOLDY now/forever
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Correct. Certain liquids harm extensions. Be careful.


Cool story.

Life is short.
Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.



Sports cars better for short guys. Karl Malone doesn't drive a pocket rocket.


And tall people don't usually live long.
Ever seen a 6' 9" guy in his 70's?

I haven't.

movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Correct. Certain liquids harm extensions. Be careful.


Cool story.

Life is short.
Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.



Sports cars better for short guys. Karl Malone doesn't drive a pocket rocket.


And tall people don't usually live long.
Ever seen a 6' 9" guy in his 70's?

I haven't.




Kareem - 79
Swen Nater - 76
Dan Issel - 74
Tom Meschery - 87 (SMC)
A Train - 76
Jamaal Wilkes - 76
Clifford Ray - 77
Rick Barry - 82
Phil Jackson - 80
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:


Kareem - 79
Swen Nater - 76
Dan Issel - 74
Tom Meschery - 87 (SMC)
A Train - 76
Jamaal Wilkes - 76
Clifford Ray - 77
Rick Barry - 82
Phil Jackson - 80

thanks ML
Free GOLDY now/forever
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Correct. Certain liquids harm extensions. Be careful.


Cool story.

Life is short.
Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.



Sports cars better for short guys. Karl Malone doesn't drive a pocket rocket.


And tall people don't usually live long.
Ever seen a 6' 9" guy in his 70's?

I haven't.




Kareem - 79
Swen Nater - 76
Dan Issel - 74
Tom Meschery - 87 (SMC)
A Train - 76
Jamaal Wilkes - 76
Clifford Ray - 77
Rick Barry - 82
Phil Jackson - 80



Not sure how this thread evolved into a list of NBA players in their 70's. Like I mentioned previously, I've never seen a very tall person in their 70's.
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Correct. Certain liquids harm extensions. Be careful.


Cool story.

Life is short.
Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.



Sports cars better for short guys. Karl Malone doesn't drive a pocket rocket.


And tall people don't usually live long.
Ever seen a 6' 9" guy in his 70's?

I haven't.




Kareem - 79
Swen Nater - 76
Dan Issel - 74
Tom Meschery - 87 (SMC)
A Train - 76
Jamaal Wilkes - 76
Clifford Ray - 77
Rick Barry - 82
Phil Jackson - 80



Not sure how this thread evolved into a list of NBA players in their 70's. Like I mentioned previously, I've never seen a very tall person in their 70's.



I have seen Kareem and he is well above 6'9.
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Correct. Certain liquids harm extensions. Be careful.


Cool story.

Life is short.
Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.



Sports cars better for short guys. Karl Malone doesn't drive a pocket rocket.


And tall people don't usually live long.
Ever seen a 6' 9" guy in his 70's?

I haven't.




Kareem - 79
Swen Nater - 76
Dan Issel - 74
Tom Meschery - 87 (SMC)
A Train - 76
Jamaal Wilkes - 76
Clifford Ray - 77
Rick Barry - 82
Phil Jackson - 80



Not sure how this thread evolved into a list of NBA players in their 70's. Like I mentioned previously, I've never seen a very tall person in their 70's.



Self selection bias, you hang out in places like Diablo w Porsche owners.
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

Not sure how this thread evolved into a list of NBA players in their 70's. Like I mentioned previously, I've never seen a very tall person in their 70's.

lots of 8th page of threads do that
# don't cost nothin # 70s R us
< squirrel gif goes here >
Free GOLDY now/forever
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Correct. Certain liquids harm extensions. Be careful.


Cool story.

Life is short.
Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.



Sports cars better for short guys. Karl Malone doesn't drive a pocket rocket.


And tall people don't usually live long.
Ever seen a 6' 9" guy in his 70's?

I haven't.




Kareem - 79
Swen Nater - 76
Dan Issel - 74
Tom Meschery - 87 (SMC)
A Train - 76
Jamaal Wilkes - 76
Clifford Ray - 77
Rick Barry - 82
Phil Jackson - 80



Not sure how this thread evolved into a list of NBA players in their 70's. Like I mentioned previously, I've never seen a very tall person in their 70's.



Self selection bias, you hang out in places like Diablo w Porsche owners.


You hang out with retired NBA players???

DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP FOR BRINGING GAS PRICES DOWN.

MAGA!

movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Correct. Certain liquids harm extensions. Be careful.


Cool story.

Life is short.
Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.



Sports cars better for short guys. Karl Malone doesn't drive a pocket rocket.


And tall people don't usually live long.
Ever seen a 6' 9" guy in his 70's?

I haven't.




Kareem - 79
Swen Nater - 76
Dan Issel - 74
Tom Meschery - 87 (SMC)
A Train - 76
Jamaal Wilkes - 76
Clifford Ray - 77
Rick Barry - 82
Phil Jackson - 80



Not sure how this thread evolved into a list of NBA players in their 70's. Like I mentioned previously, I've never seen a very tall person in their 70's.



Self selection bias, you hang out in places like Diablo w Porsche owners.


You hang out with retired NBA players???




Hung w a few. Dick Kuchen was a baller, now in wealth management in Mill Valley. Unsure what kind of car he drives.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

DiabloWags said:

movielover said:

Correct. Certain liquids harm extensions. Be careful.


Cool story.

Life is short.
Some people enjoy driving a real sports car.
Others drive computers.



Sports cars better for short guys. Karl Malone doesn't drive a pocket rocket.


And tall people don't usually live long.
Ever seen a 6' 9" guy in his 70's?

I haven't.




Kareem - 79
Swen Nater - 76
Dan Issel - 74
Tom Meschery - 87 (SMC)
A Train - 76
Jamaal Wilkes - 76
Clifford Ray - 77
Rick Barry - 82
Phil Jackson - 80



Not sure how this thread evolved into a list of NBA players in their 70's. Like I mentioned previously, I've never seen a very tall person in their 70's.



Self selection bias, you hang out in places like Diablo w Porsche owners.


You hang out with retired NBA players???




Hung w a few. Dick Kuchen was a baller, now in wealth management in Mill Valley. Unsure what kind of car he drives.


Heard he bought a Porsche from Porsche of Marin.

movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gas $4.99 in the Creek yesterday, near Morucci's Deli, near the 24 / 680 underpass.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

Gas $4.99 in the Creek yesterday, near Morucci's Deli, near the 24 / 680 underpass.


They are opening a new location on Golf Club Road in Pleasant Hill near DVC.
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best Italian spots in The Creek?

Monticatini?
Original Joe's?
Melo's downtown?

There used to be a festive place on Pleasant Hill Road.

dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still an EV outlet in my garage. Plan to use it again tonight.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Paid $5.39 for Arco AM/PM Premium today.

Will most likely never own an EV.
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$5.09 in Castro Valley.
tequila4kapp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Read this update from Greg
https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/135123
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's just breathtakingly nonsensical.

"Here we have the President doing 2 things that are incredibly stupid:

1) Failing to realize the price at the pump today is what people paid for oil 2 months ago during the war he started and

2) Promoting the idea of the government instituting price controls in the private sector and pushing towards nationalization - a communist ideal."

DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump has EXPOSED himself once again having no clue about the pricing of crude oil.
Of course, he also singles out CA and fuel taxes (0.61 cents/gal) that pay for our roads.

Doesn't bother to mention WA, PA, IN, or IL.

I'm surprised he didn't also blame Biden or Obama.

BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

Best Italian spots in The Creek?

Monticatini?
Original Joe's?
Melo's downtown?

There used to be a festive place on Pleasant Hill Road.




What's the place that used to be in Countrywood shopping center? It's gone now but I used to love that place.
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

I'm surprised he didn't also blame Biden or Obama.

I'm sure he will go (back) there soon enough. Anyway, accuse your enemy of that which you are doing:

DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearlySane88 said:

movielover said:

Best Italian spots in The Creek?

Monticatini?
Original Joe's?
Melo's downtown?

There used to be a festive place on Pleasant Hill Road.




What's the place that used to be in Countrywood shopping center? It's gone now but I used to love that place.


Genova Deli

Their Countrywood location closed in Nov. 2025.
Their South California Blvd location in WC closed earlier this year.

Genova Walnut Creek deli with 100-year-old roots closes
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

BearlySane88 said:

movielover said:

Best Italian spots in The Creek?

Monticatini?
Original Joe's?
Melo's downtown?

There used to be a festive place on Pleasant Hill Road.




What's the place that used to be in Countrywood shopping center? It's gone now but I used to love that place.


Genova Deli
Their South California Blvd location closed earlier this year.

Genova Walnut Creek deli with 100-year-old roots closes



Not Genova. This was a sit down Italian spot. Semi fancy if I remember correctly.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I can't remember.
I've never spent all that much time in Countrywood Shopping Center except for Black Bear Diner.

My favorite restaurant in the Diablo Valley is Esin in Danville.



Esin Restaurant & Bar - Farm to Table Cuisine since 1998 | Danville, CA
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

I can't remember.
I've never spent all that much time in Countrywood Shopping Center except for Black Bear Diner.

My favorite restaurant in the Diablo Valley is Esin in Danville.



Esin Restaurant & Bar - Farm to Table Cuisine since 1998 | Danville, CA



Your treat?
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sure, why not.
The Day Boat Scallops are AMAZING!
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Esin and Curtis de Carion.



Esin and Curtis deCarion are a culinary match made in heaven. Well, make that Johnson & Wales University in Charleston which seemed like paradise to them. As their friendship bloomed at culinary school, they discovered a mutual passion for reading cookbooks, crafting recipes, and talking incessantly about food.

Married with two sons, Esin and Curtis have served up American food with Mediterranean flare since 1998. Before they opened Esin Restaurant in Danville's Rose Garden center in 2008, they ran the popular Caf Esin a few miles away in San Ramon.

Curious, adventurous, and caring, the deCarions meticulously oversee each meal for their guests. They are fussy about everything at the restaurant from the pristine dining room to the freshness of each ingredient. The couple also takes extra care to mentor and train their staff. Curtis and Esin attract food-loving servers who instinctively understand guests' needs. They nurture a spirit of teamwork and independent thinking. And keep a keen eye on the environment by recycling and using many local purveyors.

Esin and Curtis opened Revel Kitchen & Bar in historic downtown Danville in 2014. Located in the heart of Lafayette, Social Bird is the third restaurant venture from the couple. They are both highly popular upscale taverns offering local, natural, sustainable ingredients, craft beers and cocktails.

movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

I can't remember.
I've never spent all that much time in Countrywood Shopping Center except for Black Bear Diner.

My favorite restaurant in the Diablo Valley is Esin in Danville.



Esin Restaurant & Bar - Farm to Table Cuisine since 1998 | Danville, CA



I had heard about Esin, possibly when it had smaller digs. A Turkish friend highly recommended it. So a friend and I went for a late dinner, the bar / reception area went well - but it was downhill after that.

We were seated right next to the noisy kitchen, and if I recall correctly we shared a few items, and wanted the salmon entre split. One was delivered warm, one wasn't. Quite odd. We hadn't finished our meal and the waiter was taking away utensils we weren't done with. We were being rushed out, but we weren't that late or eating up much time. I also found it odd that there appeared to be little Turkish influence as we were looking for something a little different.

It was years ago, but we never went back.

I loved the original Prima, small, intimate, piano player. Millie's Kitchen was fun on weekends.

The Hangout in Pleasant Hill is great, first time I had the iconic chicken (3 pieces) and waffle - I was full for 24 hours. I debated taking the third piece home but figured it might lose the crunch sitting in a refrigerator for 24 hours.

Check out this photo I saw on Yelp!
https://yelp.to/2JLFELgm2_
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

I had heard about Esin, possibly when it had smaller digs. A Turkish friend highly recommended it. So a friend and I went for a late dinner, the bar / reception area went well - but it was downhill after that.

We were seated right next to the noisy kitchen, and if I recall correctly we shared a few items, and wanted the salmon entre split. One was delivered warm, one wasn't. Quite odd. We hadn't finished our meal and the waiter was taking away utensils we weren't done with. We were being rushed out, but we weren't that late or eating up much time. I also found it odd that there appeared to be little Turkish influence as we were looking for something a little different.

It was years ago, but we never went back.

I loved the original Prima, small, intimate, piano player. Millie's Kitchen was fun on weekends.

The Hangout in Pleasant Hill is great, first time I had the iconic chicken (3 pieces) and waffle - I was full for 24 hours. I debated taking the third piece home but figured it might lose the crunch sitting in a refrigerator for 24 hours.

Check out The Hangout!
https://yelp.to/J_Ej41OCZ5


That was probably their old location on the San Ramon/Danville border.

I've never had a disappointing meal at Esin. Esin, the wife is the pastry chef.
Mostly an older 60 - 70's crowd. A lot of wealthy people from Chevron. High vaulted ceilings, white table cloth, etc.

Prima was great and I was sad to see it go.
Same for Lark Creek Cafe on Locust Street which put out consistently good food!
Had a few Thanksgiving Turkey Dinners there.

I hate cooking and washing dishes on Holidays.
But sadly, not many restaurants are open on Thanksgiving.
Been hitting Metro in Lafayette for Turkey Day, but the food and service has been inconsistent.

I used to hit Millie's a lot about ten years ago.
The service and food were great, but the owner herself was a b**tch.

Cal alum Blaine Landberg owns Calicraft Upstairs above Va de Vi in WC.
The bar opens up onto a rooftop terrace.
Definitely worth a visit.

Bottomline: The restaurant business is brutal. Even in a retail Mecca like Walnut Creek.



movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agreed. I was at the new Esin location. What's the name of the huge beer garden in WC? Was the owner of Millie's the petite redhead?

Rents of $15,000 - $25,000 a month are insane, then food and labor costs.

I have yet to try Wences or Wise Girl, both highly rated. Jack's has it down, and Jack's Cantina is fun.

The place I really miss and under valued was the classic French restaurant Le Virage. I only had bar food / nibbled, but the vibe was superb. The owner was irreplaceable and it sounds like one of his top chefs birthed the Cooperage and other places?

I HIGHLY recommend this video for Walnut Creek and Hollywood history, and this classic place with a wild side. An acquaintance "DI" claimed to use the infamous upstairs private rooms, and when I watched this video it gave credence to his claims (dining in the nude).



I haven't eaten in many private rooms, but did score the private, curtained-off area at the former Julius Castle in The City.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was only at LeVirage once or twice.
Up on the second floor. Very cozy vibe!
Circa 1982/1983 maybe?

Haven't been to Wisegirl's yet.
It used to be Dallimonti's Steakhouse owned by a Cal alum, Ron and his wife Christy for 33 years!

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/obituaries/ron-dallimonti/

 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.